What is the best putter?

2»

Comments

• Mike704Mike704 Members Posts: 50
    i caddy at a country club and get a nice discount at the pro shop and i just wanted to fool around witha the Ping G2 Tess putter which is a napa style, I aligned my own sign and put it on the inner sweet spot of the heel. I really like the napa feel
  • fpmdl3fpmdl3 Members Posts: 190
    All of my putters are my favorite.
  • Mike704Mike704 Members Posts: 50
    yeah but that sucks that the putter you sent into the Scotty custom shop was stolen at the golf tourney
  • RaiderGolf4416RaiderGolf4416 Members Posts: 49
    ok if were talking about putters i gotta let this out......

i hate 2-ball putters....they just...idk....i just hate them.....just to heavy.....

no i have the PING G2i ANSER...and i love it......i absolutely love it
  • mikeweirfanmikeweirfan Members Posts: 172 ✭✭
    It all about how you like the look and feel of the putter. But to let you know..i use the Taylormade Monza Corza and i have nvr had a better feeling putter. It may look akward at first but you get used to it and i just love it.
  • sync71sync71 Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,534
    Since I have joined this site I have seen a lot of posts on this topic and once I again its personal prefence. Because one person might thing a 2 ball putter another might think a red x or a ping anser and so on.
  • BrisVegasBrisVegas Members Posts: 230
    Ping Anser 2 / SC Newport 2. Choose the finish and neck that suits you, but the shape is a classic.
  • LegacyUserLegacyUser Guests Posts: 0
    is it just me or does anybody like the santa fe? i think its the best by far that scotty has created, but i like a heavy face balanced putter i dont care wat brand
    2-ball white hot, im still getting used to it but i have not found a putter that rolls more true for me.
  • nuffy12nuffy12 Jr. Boomers Posts: 150
    any scotties are great but the newport 2 is in my opinion the greatest. but you know its what you like the feel of best.
  • franmel123franmel123 Members Posts: 256
    SANTA FE. best head shape around clearly scotty, don't like newport 2s, but have a couple of them the lines are too straight IMO
  • TheLastDonTheLastDon Lefty Boomers Posts: 502
    K20A2 wrote on Nov 17 2005, 08:48 PM:

What is the best putter out there?

This is the easiest question to answer for us, and the hardest for you.

The best putter is the one that putts the ball in hole in the least amount of strokes. Find a head shape that looks good to you and inspires confidence, then find one that gets it in the hole.

Be it an anser style head, a mallet style, or a blade whatever looks the best to you and gets you set up properly to make a good stroke is the best putter.
    The best putter for feel and looks has to be the odyssey tri hot #2 or #3
  • KingOAcesKingOAces Jr. Boomers Posts: 739
    The Ping G2 series (specifically the Zing) is the best putter I've EVER had.

KinG
  • greenmachine0227greenmachine0227 Members Posts: 303
    Agreed, ut I've had some success with the old teryllium Scotty Camerons. I would suggest going to a big golf store and just trying every putter you can on the practice green until you find the one that works for you. Some stores will let you demo them on the course.
  • kblakeney35kblakeney35 Jr. Boomers Posts: 937
    I really like my Red X. It just looks so perfect sitting next to the ball. Feels perfect, rolls, perfect, puts the ball perfectly IN THE HOLE.

But then again, a slighter or a 009 wouldn't be terrible either LOL image/crazy2.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

- Kyle
  • rednumbers69rednumbers69 NW AZ player of the year 2007 Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,027
    ne 009
  • gatortater88gatortater88 Members Posts: 107
    Depending on the day I prefer either a G5 Craz-E or Mini-C,

Just something about the new G5 face that beats out the G2 for me
  • allsouthpaw08allsouthpaw08 Lefty Boomers Posts: 228
    the best putter out on the market by far is the one where you can pick the ball out of the hole with it, haha just kidding, but i would have to say it all depends on what the player is comfortable with.
2»