5 Iron 175

6 Iron: 165

7 Iron: 148-162

8 Iron: 130-145

9 Iron: 125

PW: 110-120

SW: 95

LW: 85

Is this alright for playing the game for 10 months? All these are full shots.

Comments

• vthokie1157vthokie1157 Members Posts: 653
    yea that's good but you'll learn real quick that it's better to be accurate than long. the one thing i don't understand though is that you have 14/15 yard gaps in your 7 and 8 iron which are very crucial clubs that you need to get down to a science.
  • LegacyUserLegacyUser Guests Posts: 0
    the thing those 2 clubs give me ehh the most problems because they go from blade to small cav backs on the pro combos. Hence the yardage incriements. Sometimes ill get 155 on the 7 iron some times Ill get 150 on the 8 Iron depends on the day. But that is the rough #.
  • SCameron009SCameron009 ¡~WRX~! Members Posts: 1,784 ✭✭
    Yeah Omar, those numbers are wack man, your 7-8 irons should NOT have that much gap, even w/ gonig from the blade to cavity. I would get the lofts on your irons checked, I had my 2's checked a little while ago, and a few of them were off by up to 2º which is HUGE. Hit 'em well bud, Bryan
    yup I think its the loft. I have to get the lies altered though.
  • wholeinwon wholeinwon Members Posts: 2,236 ✭✭
    You think its the loft? have to get the lies altered?

Do you even know what loft and lie are!?!

You need to get your swing altered with a gap like that!!
    Also.....

Get that gosh darn Alien wedge out of your bag!!!

Clubs they sell at WalMart should not be in peoples golf bags unless they are over a 20 handicap.

And why do you have a Pro Combo PW and SW AND a Forged PW and SW???

Sell one set and buy Gap Wedge and a Good Lob!!!!!
    On third though.....Run to San Fransico...go see Jow Kwok...let him fix you up...run back to Florida...by the time your there and you get 10 lessons your game will be fixed...RUN RUN RUN....
  • Cameron Circle TCameron Circle T The Doc Junior Mod Squad Posts: 2,210 ✭✭
    Ok this post has gotten a bit out of control...I ask that you all please keep your comments germane to the topic at hand. I will close the thread if that is necessary, please do not force me to close a thread of a junior just trying to get some input.

Thanks,

Adam
  • GooseGoose Junior Mod Squad Posts: 1,270 ✭✭
    your gaps arent that bad. they are just due to incosistencies in you swing...everyone has a few od gaps...i had slightly larger gaps but they are pretty consistent throught and i love hitting 3/4 and knock down shots.

HERES MY YARDAGES (in season)

Driver: 290

3wood: 270

hybrid: 240

2 iron: 230

3 iron: 220

4 iron: 210

5 iron: 200

6 iron: 188

7 iron: 175

8 iron: 164

9 iron: 152

PW: 135 (48*)

SW: 110(54*)

LW: 90 (60*)

i swap out the 2 iron for the hybrid and vice versa. I love hitting knock downs and 3/4 shots. you just have so much more control.

GoOsE image/drinks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    PXG 0811X 10* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0341X 15* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0317 19* w/ Tensei Blue 80X<br />PXG 0311T 4-W w/ Nippon Modus 130X<br />PXG 0311 50*,55*,60* w/ Modus 130X<br />Scotty Cameron Circle T Newport 2
    If I knew what Loft & lies were I wouldnt be **** bent on trying to figure it out in order to get them altered like a pro here said. That 7-8 Gap is due to inconsistency in the swing. Everything else is dead constant.
    So how bad of a putter are you to be a 12 handicap?

Or how many 7-8 iron shots do you have per round?
    horrible putter =D. I think even sergio could beat me in a putting competition. I am getting better though which is great.
    So my advice to you would be work on your putting...

It will amaze you to see what practicing your putting will do.

I will make a Matuch Guarentee that if you practice your putting as much as you practice your club game...(ex. If you practice your driver for 1 hour and your wedges for 2 that equals 3 hours of putting practice)...you will drop 3-5 strokes in 2 months.

An average player will probably shoot a 90 with 35-40 putts. Which means the average player spends about 40-45% of their shots on the putting green...which is why you should spend so much time on putting.
    dude Im satisfied with a 11 hcp for now man ive only played for 10 months. Im surpised its even this low!
  • Cameron Circle TCameron Circle T The Doc Junior Mod Squad Posts: 2,210 ✭✭
    Im jsut curious as to something, how is your 18 hole handicap not around double your 9 hole avg. score. Seems a little odd unless you are playing courses with ridiculously high slope and a course rating thats a few over par, which most courses unless from 7k yds. are not rated at over par. Whats your home course?
    Flo, this isn't directed towards you, it is just a general question. If inconsistancy of a certain player's swing is causing dramatic yardage variations from shot to shot, why would it only occur to 2-3 clubs in your bag? I would think if you had a swing flaw such as casting (which is a prominent flaw that causes inconsistant yardges) - that it would not only effect your 7-8 irons but a good majority of your irons. Mike, maybe you can help explain this.

Omar, the Doral Tourney in August looks pretty good, I'll be anxious to see how you do - it should be a blast!

- Bryan
    edited Mar 25, 2006 #18
    What I would say would be that the length he hits his driver he probably is playing these clubs the most.

Most amateurs who start out never touch their 3,4,5 irons.

This is especially evident with "duffs" if you have like 200 out on a par 4 and duff your 3 iron...this is around the yardage you end up.

I would say this is the reason of the big distance gap, he feels most comfortable with those clubs so he uses them more often.

I don't think its swing problems as much as it is using those clubs the most.
    edited Mar 25, 2006 #19
    Yea matuch is right. Oh the thing is that I havent played alot of 9 holes recently so it really hasnt dropped the avg score.
  • bakerdrew34@hotmail.com[email protected] Members Posts: 44
    Wow Goose, a 270 average with your 3 wood? I've only seen a few of the guys on Tour who can do that. When you gonna join?
  • flamtapflamtap Welcome to the Tour. Jr. Boomers Posts: 288
    [email protected] wrote on Mar 30 2006, 11&#58;53 PM:

Wow Goose, a 270 average with your 3 wood? I've only seen a few of the guys on Tour who can do that. When you gonna join?

Guys lets not start the whole distance controversy again, Goose is a very good player, he has played successfully in many national events, and likewise has a very powerful swing.

image/drinks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':idhitit:' /> **BACK TO TOPIC** image/drinks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':crazy:' />
  • GooseGoose Junior Mod Squad Posts: 1,270 ✭✭
    Nah not carry on the 3 wood...but istil hit it a long way... ive recently (as of yesterday) made correction to a flaw that ihave apparently had for some time which can only add power to my game......Lets keep it on topic.....i was just trying to show Omar that everyone can have slightly larger gaps...it all about how you can control your ball.....bryan..see u in a few weeks.

GoOsE image/drinks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':idhitit:' />
    PXG 0811X 10* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0341X 15* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0317 19* w/ Tensei Blue 80X<br />PXG 0311T 4-W w/ Nippon Modus 130X<br />PXG 0311 50*,55*,60* w/ Modus 130X<br />Scotty Cameron Circle T Newport 2