First post and Rorys comments are perfect for it!

Sick of players complaining about the one week they are challenged. As Rory said it "these are the widest fairways ever in a US Open. We have 60 yards of fairway to land it and 156 of the best players in the world so if you cant do that you should just pack your bags and go home"

Kevin Na complaining isnt suprising as the 2.16 miillion to the winner is also the odds of him winning lol

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if the OP won't go on, I will. I'm new here also, and I will admit that I'm a hack. I hear all the time about how the ball has changed the game, or how the drivers are so much better, ad infinitum... I hear it on the GC on tv, I hear it on Sirius, and I read it on here. Every time I hear it I'm thinking why don't they make the rough more punitive? I play munis that are more punitive from a missed shot off the fairway than what I see on tv. So what if the fescue at Erin Hills lays over if the wind blows? Don't HIT it there. If you can't hit a driver and keep it straight, hit something you can. Take the long ball out of play for the guys that don't hit straight and BOOM you've shortened the course.

I'm a big Rors fan. But when he is coming down the stretch on Sunday with a chance, and hits one in to the hay, and they can't find the ball, he will rue his comments. The story of this golf course should not be the 3' rough. It should be the length ( a positive thing given TaylorMade drivers), and the difficulty of the greens. That will be enough to determine the championship golfer. The 3' fescue looks nice, but it should be so far away from the course so that it doesn't influence play.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

I'm a big Rors fan. But when he is coming down the stretch on Sunday with a chance, and hits one in to the hay, and they can't find the ball, he will rue his comments. The story of this golf course should not be the 3' rough. It should be the length ( a positive thing given TaylorMade drivers), and the difficulty of the greens. That will be enough to determine the championship golfer. The 3' fescue looks nice, but it should be so far away from the course so that it doesn't influence play.

My guess is that if Rory loses a ball down the stretch because he misses a 50 yard wide fairway, that he'll own up to his terrible shot and accept it. Sorry, but you shouldn't get away with that poor of a shot in the US Open.

My guess is that if Rory loses a ball down the stretch because he misses a 50 yard wide fairway, that he'll own up to his terrible shot and accept it. Sorry, but you shouldn't get away with that poor of a shot in the US Open.

He won't just switch balls again?

+1000000

That UN is reason enough for a ban, Mr. Harbaugh

You confused me. Are you referring to my user name? Do you mean that because our mascots don't wear skirts that mr. haughbagh or however you spell his name should ban me ? Moi?

The OP's u/n is a reference to that school up north. That's the reference he's making.

Know how to get to Ann Arbor from Columbus?

North 'til ya smell it, west 'til ya step in it.

+1000000

That UN is reason enough for a ban, Mr. Harbaugh

You confused me. Are you referring to my user name? Do you mean that because our mascots don't wear skirts that mr. haughbagh or however you spell his name should ban me ? Moi?

There's a "south" joke in here I'm going to refrain from making since homeboy is new.

NA's insta post was supposed to be humorous. I think he missed the mark. Rory will win by 7 shots.... beat Na by at least 7 shots....

Fixed that for you :taunt:, don't think he wins this week.

lol Dustin Johnson wins by 7.... with the week he is having he probably doesn't even know what golf course he is on... and he is trying to figure out why his wife packed him ankle socks with stickum smeared all over the bottoms.

Agree with Rory 100%. Granted, he and DJ are arguably the best drivers of the golf ball, but if you cant hit a 60 yard wide target, you deserve to lose the golf ball. This is the U.S. Open, the toughest test in golf. There are dozens of alternates that would welcome a Na withdraw.

Callaway Rogue SZ (Fujikura Pro 63 X)
Titleist 910 Fd 15 (AD-BB TX 7)
Titleist TMB 2i (AD-95 X)
Titleist TMB 3-4i (KBS C Taper X 130)
Titleist 716 MB 5-9i (KBS C Taper X 130)
Vokey SM4 Raw: 46, 54, 60 (KBS C Taper X 130)
Odyssey Black Series 1W

Agree with Rory 100%. Granted, he and DJ are arguably the best drivers of the golf ball, but if you cant hit a 60 yard wide target, you deserve to lose the golf ball. This is the U.S. Open, the toughest test in golf. There are dozens of alternates that would welcome a Na withdraw.

I'd add Rahm and Koepka to that list.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Rahm has been on tour less than one year...I would hold off the accolades for at least another year or two. Rahm is certainly a phenomenal player but he is playing on house money right now and let's see how he does when the spain train slows down a little and has been on tour a little longer. Also he's played in how many US Opens? 1? If he wins then I will eat my words gladly but his temperament is not one that will bode will with US Open golf. Koepka has been on tour for a little longer and has played in a Ryder Cup so I would throw him in the conversation but Rahms nuts still haven't dropped

US Open golf is not what it used to be. Used to be pucker up time. Now? It's not what we grew up seeing and Rahm will be fine. Not saying he will win but the occasion and course will not be too much for him.

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

Let's see how it plays out. While internet tough guys are calling Na a baby, I'm sure the course will play difficult. When Sunday is over we can all decide who was right and wrong

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Rahm has been on tour less than one year...I would hold off the accolades for at least another year or two. Rahm is certainly a phenomenal player but he is playing on house money right now and let's see how he does when the spain train slows down a little and has been on tour a little longer. Also he's played in how many US Opens? 1? If he wins then I will eat my words gladly but his temperament is not one that will bode will with US Open golf. Koepka has been on tour for a little longer and has played in a Ryder Cup so I would throw him in the conversation but Rahms nuts still haven't dropped

I think he was referring to just driving the ball, not winning US Opens...

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip

I think he was referring to just driving the ball, not winning US Opens...

As am I. I struggle to throw rookies in things like "one of the best drivers in the game" or "one of the best short games" ...not because they don't have talent...it's because they (rookies) haven't really haven't really experienced the full gamut of emotions and or tough times. To be labeled as One of the best at anything your "skill" needs to have been really put to the test and been forged in fire. I'm not sure he has really been in enough situations with his back against the wall to warrant the accolades. hence his nuts haven't dropped comment.

See, I´m of the opinion that you should have a chance to get away with it. But the shot that gets away with it is something jaw-droppingly stupendous, not a so-so 6 iron