MEMBER REVIEWS: Aldila X-Torsion Copper Shafts.

HipCheck

erlg4d9om163.jpg

Five GolfWRX members are testing a Aldila's new X-Torsion Copper shaft in their drivers and reporting back the results.

They are...

Let's keep this thread open until members start posting.

Thanks!

Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
 Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to Aldila and Golfwrx for this awesome giveaway!!!!!

I've been a long-time member on Golfwrx and have entered more giveaways than I would care to remember without ever winning. When I saw the HipCheck PM in my inbox, I figured I had either won something, or said something bad and was in trouble - boy was I glad to find out it was the first one!

As first impressions go, I would say that Aldila has made a pretty good one. I learned that I had won on Tuesday morning, and thought I'd get the shaft in a few weeks or something. Wrong - Thursday afternoon the thing is sitting here. That's says about everything you need to know right there.

I went with the 70 TX, cut to 44.5" for my Titleist 917D3. Currently gaming a Fujikura Evolution Tour Spec 757 in X also at 44.5". I have gamed (and loved) two Aldila shafts in my years: first a Voodoo XVS7 that I had in two different drivers, and second a Rip Alpha 90 I had in a long-time 3 wood. For years I recommended the Voodoo to others as probably the most unsung best bang-for-your-buck shaft. So I was thrilled to get picked to give this one a try as I know it's always quality stuff from Aldila.

I'm playing 36 tomorrow, and just dropping this straight in the bag for both rounds. Obviously I will report back. Picks below on the packaging, shirt, hat, tour only bag (I'm a sucker for any tour issue items...even plastic shaft bags), and probably the coolest part: my name engraved on the shaft.

All in all, a sweet set up, looks awesome, and can't wait to get it on the course. Initial impression is that it feels stout, but reasonable, which is probably my favorite feel for a shaft. Looking forward to getting some reps tomorrow!

This will look awesome in a new Ping G400 driver...

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 w/ Tensei CK Pro Orange 60S

Fairway: TTE E8 Beta w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70S

Driving Iron:  PXG 0311X 2i w/ Tensei CK Pro White 90S

Hybrid:  PXG 0317X Gen2 19o w/ Tensei CK Pro Orange 90S

Irons:  PXG 0311P Gen4 5-G w/ AeroTech SteelFiber 115fc S

Wedges:  Taylormade MG2 56o & 60o

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Congratulations to ryanandrew_golf,misplacedtexan83, gioguy21, pdaero, and CallawayLefty; we hope that all of you enjoy testing the new XTORSION Copper series. To help keep you motivated through the process and to help commemorate your experience we have an extra gift. For each you we have a limited edition, insulated water bottle. As we see and read about the results of your testing, here on GOLFWRX, we will be sending your water bottles out to you.

Have a great time testing and enjoy the US Open (where we have 5 pieces of XTORSION in play).

Sorry boys/girls Im late to the party (work then golfing) but I did write my stuff up and take pics last night!

Here we go...

Like most of us WRXers, I have always read these test thread with curiosity and some jealousy. Surprise, surprise to me, when I saw the PM for the famous HIpcheck. So, I wanted to give a big shout out/thanks to GolfWRX and Aldila for the opportunity to test and review the XTorison Copper shaft with MAMBA technology.

About me

I'm just turned 34 last week and I’m sitting at a 7.3 handicap at this moment but typically hover around 8-9 (Shot par for the first time my last round—helps the handicap :) Typically, I’m above average driver that usually plays a little draw but fights the big hook when I get too quick. More times than not it is driver all day on any holes that don’t end in a 3.

I was in searched during the offseason and beginning for good head/shaft combo. Callaway solved the head issue with the release of the Epic, which I chose the Epic SZ 9.0 (N/S). Now the shaft is a different story. I order the driver at 44.75 w/HZDRUS Green 55 S. That experiment ended quickly then cut down my Oban Hashimoto 65S to 44.5 and that failed as well. So, went back to the search which included: Fuji Pro, HZDRUS 65S, HZDRUS 65R, and Rogue Max 65S. I was chasing the dragon and my swing. Finally, went to see my fitter buddy and he smack some sense into me and settled on the HZDRUS Green 55S after some tweaking with hand position. Who would of thought a lighter shaft (55) than my normal 60-70 range would be the ticket. I have a hard transition/ half c0ck swing (Kutcher but worse of course) averaging around 100-105, not me. However, I wanted to see if I could improve on it (true WRXer) bought the HZDRUS yellow for too see if it brings anything more to the table. Jury is still out since I got it Monday.

Initial impressions

First, I wanted to talk about how great Aldila was with shipping. Sent the pm back to Hipcheck with my pertinent information and I had a notification of the shipping hours later and next day arrival, now that’s service!

I opened the box to find a shaft, a thank you letter, a hat, and a t-shirt. The first thing I noticed about the shaft was the copper sheen then the artificial scales—it really feels like scales throughout the shaft when you run your hands down it. To be honest, the XTorsion logo rotating around the entire shaft is too busy for me even with getting the shaft installed logo down. Now that doesn’t mean I want enjoy or the shaft wont perform but for some, it could be a distraction. I’ll adjust because who stares at the shaft anyways ;)? Also, the snake scale/carbon fiber look is killer. I will say for anyone looking at the new PING G400 this shaft will blend perfectly with the copper ascents ;) I didn’t even notice until I took it outside but Aldila had our personal names engraved into the shaft—AWESOME!

Geek up to play around with this shaft and hope I do Aldila and WRX justice!

Set up

The XTorsion is set up to play 45.5 with a MCC Plus 4. Like most people know, the Callaway Dual Cog lets whatever position to not impact the grip but it will stay at N/S for the first test. Both HZDRUS are set up for 45.5 and the same for the cog settings. I will have 3 SZ 9.0 heads, so I can just swing away without having to change heads, which brings some variables to the test but I trust the OEM of Callaway.

Testing

So, I’m confident I will be able to give some honest feedback to how the shaft performs since I have gone through many in a short period of time. In order to test this shaft to the fullest I will use trackman data to compare the XTorison vs. HZDRUS Green/HZDRUS yellow, on the course comparisons (I have access to multiple heads) and I’m going to get my fitting buddy thoughts/trackman results (playing the same head and shaft). A brand-new head will be used for the XTorsion and if numbers seem way off, I will just use one head. I will use a K-Sigs on the course for the testing and depending if Trackman is set up inside or outside, will determine what balls are will be use: premium or range.

Now for the good stuff...

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

Aldila was so awesome with getting us the shafts so quickly its the least we all can do is get y'all some information!

Ill be adding or posting some more stuff tonight. I have had one round and a trackman session with the shaft(s), so Ill be able to pass my initial thoughts on feel, performance, etc.

Thanks again Aldila and WRX!

protos F4

Congratulations to ryanandrew_golf,misplacedtexan83, gioguy21, pdaero, and CallawayLefty; we hope that all of you enjoy testing the new XTORSION Copper series. To help keep you motivated through the process and to help commemorate your experience we have an extra gift. For each you we have a limited edition, insulated water bottle. As we see and read about the results of your testing, here on GOLFWRX, we will be sending your water bottles out to you.

Have a great time testing and enjoy the US Open (where we have 5 pieces of XTORSION in play).

It is Christmas in June... looks sic!

protos F4

Before I even get started on myself, what i'm looking to test this against, how i plan on testing - I think i should make everyone aware of how amazing Aldila's customer service is.

I was notified at 6:32am on Monday that i was selected -- and was asked to give specs. i gave the specs at 7:40am or so (same day), and figured we'd see these in the next week or so. Sure enough, i'm at work TUESDAY and see a package was delivered to my office at 11:18am. words cannot express how impressed/shocked i was that Aldila got these out to us as fast as they did. The cherry on the cake was the fact that our names were engraved, and the grip cap still had solvent on it!!!!

SUPERB customer service and i cannot thank Aldila or GolfWRX enough for this opportunity to test such a tour only, limited shaft --- but i'll try -- THANK YOU.

About Me: I'm 31, 6'3", 235#s, happily married of 3 years (this past June), once a collegiate baseball player (pitcher) and have been playing this crazy game since the ripe age of 6 years old. I was scratch in HS before taking baseball more seriously in college and laying off golf for 4 years -- only to realize I needed a competitive nature in my spare time and took golf more seriously about 2 years after graduating (figure, 2009 or so). Since then I've been scratch or better since 2015 -- qualifying for some New Jersey State Golf Association events, Metropolitan Golf Association events and trying out for the US Open the last 2 seasons.

Current Handicap: +0.7

My specs:

917D3 9.5*, 2017 M1 10.5*, 2017 M2 10.5* drivers (Have the ability to test them all)

45.25" playing length

Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 standard grip with 2+2 wraps (built this way at first to determine correct playing position, then will be swapped for an MCC+4 STD grip)

Previously played (favorite) shafts:

- Kuro Kage XT 60TX

- Diamana W 70X

- Speeder 7.2 X flex (tipped 3/4")

Current shafts in the queue to test against the Aldila X-Torsion Copper:

- Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8 Tour Spec 73x

- HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5

- (Coming soon) Even Flow Black 65g 6.5

e7f16f123eb62cdcdff0e2800fa22db0.jpg

Swing Tempo/Transition:

Smooth/Moderately Aggressive

Unboxing:

- The shaft came in a nice big box with TOUR only wrapping around the shaft, contained some swag (wife has already worn the shirt), and a nice letter from Aldila (thank you again)

958377841965ce50127ddc88c3de100b.jpg

a11b4238af8d2c39c477dc27de32ec95.jpg

Heres my current setup in my 917D3 9.5* (Set to A3, will explain later):

6952c79034ab3b78974c2078d3bbfff2.jpgf59cf2a53aff6df7a475806ab70cfe08.jpg

****6/27/2017 Update****

After I unboxed this beauty -- I couldn't help but give it a go tonight in leagues to see how it stacks up against the Copper. I've played the Copper exclusively for the last week and a half so, you could say i got used to it already. I took to the range before my 9 holes and hit a few balls. Right off the bat I knew the difference between the two. TollBros noted before i tried this about the difference in feel and how the loading between the copper and the black differ from each other. I'll also get into the looks of the two shafts as believe it or not, there ARE differences other than the color and i think alot of it has to do with how the shafts actually are different from each other.

Performance: The X-Torsion Black (i'll just call it the black mamba from now on) performs how the copper did prior to me adding enough weight to the head. Keep in mind i still have the lead tape on my 917D3, as i didn't remove it prior to testing. The black mamba just wants to go to the right, or play a cut. no draws - either straight as an arrow or light cuts/fades. i'm glad tonight was windy so that i could take a look at what the black would do for me in the wind compared to the copper. Believe it or not they performed similarly. i hit 4 balls into the wind and on average, i saw similar performance from the copper -- just goes out, gets to an apex, and comes down. no ballooning, but hardly any roll going forward after it lands.

Feel: here we go. this shaft is very much a different animal than the copper -- it plays smoother the more aggressive you are with it from the top. i'm still in preliminary testing as i just opened the box prior to playing -- but it seems to be a shaft meant for those with a bit more aggressive transition at the top OR can significantly load a shaft and like a bit of a kick --- see: Veylix Roughneck/Tensei Pro White TX. I will say this, once you DO give it an aggressive lash -- it responds VERY nicely with stability and a nice smooth flick through the impact area to send the ball on its way, very, very quickly.

Looks: ok, above i mentioned about the whole, looks slightly different thing? *SEE PIC 1 BELOW* I noticed something almost immediately after i had these two shafts in the sunlight. right above the Mamba/Snake Fangs/weight/flex notation around the shaft (just before the textured snakeskin/X-torsion graphics) -- on the Copper, the layers of graphite underneath that look like what i would call, snake skin -- seem to stop. The snake skin on the black however, continue up the shaft and go under the textured snakeskin portion and the x-torsion graphics. *Paging Aldila* Does the snakeskin portion that extends from the tip up the shaft have anything to do with the varying feels between the profiles? ie the longer the snakeskin in the tip through the shaft -- the firmer it will feel?

88a8880be6b983b882bd54ba0287a664.jpg

8048b0fbca5d21f36a781301b77d862c.jpgf36931a8fcddd500d9f38dda91ac815d.jpgd81c16fb922aa25d0b131013703b8d50.jpga5379b9c9e1b4d4f41aabceb196a6a2d.jpg9c99ea9e6e596bd9b4b765327f40323f.jpg

***6/30/17 UPDATE***

After running a round a few days trying to get my flightscope -- I got a chance to try the copper and the black against each other on the range.

Range/Testing Conditions:

- Decent range balls

- 87*F; 12-15mph constant wind into the face, gusts to 20+

- Flightscope Xi+ w/ iPad

cd55c779a77162bdabb3038a514c376e.jpgce461657b7ae237df536ee1ddfbed7e6.jpga8ec470cf97e195b5894b290bb7cb496.jpg

Range/Testing Summary:

I didn't get a chance to try the 910D3 or the Speeder XLR8 Pro Tour Spec 73X simply b/c the Flightscope and the iPad weren't charged before my use (picked up from the tech, assumed it was fully charged)

0238cefa47bf21f8ff9366ff1ece9b38.jpg

- I'm getting more and more convinced that my perceptions prior to testing were true; the Black will spin less than the Copper yet the Copper will be more consistent.

- I think with a less-spinnier head than the 917D3, I will find my perfect match. I'm going to do a bit more testing to confirm, but will likely be moving to a 2017 M1 460 10.5* head

PING G430 LST / 9* (dialed to 10.5*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Dark Speed LS / 3w (dialed to 15.5*) / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

I just got home and the shaft is here!

Absolutely unreal looking shaft, especially in the sunlight! I'm running out to take some pics that I will upload soon.

I cannot say thank you enough to WRX and Aldila. Like others have said, when I found out that I was picked for testing Tuesday I wasn't expecting the shaft to show up so quickly.

P.s. The cap and tshirt are sweet! I'll have a pic of that too

Alright, a bit about myself!

Currently playing off a +2. My driver swing speed is 117-120. I've been swinging a '16 M1 460 10.5* with a tour etched Rogue Silver 125 60 TX for sometime now and I've been happy with this setup, but like any true wrxer, no spot in my bag is safe! ?

I asked for a 70 TX version of the copperhead tipped 1" because of its counterbalanced nature. I stuck it in my driver and gave it the very scientific "waggle test" (?) and determined that even in the 70 gram version I lost a swingweight or two. I'll confirm that on the swingweight scale soon. Despite that the weight and balance overall feels awesome. I don't think I'm going to mind at all and maybe even prefer it.

Like I said earlier the shaft is gorgeous, and the name etching is such a nice touch. The spiraling graphics don't bother me either, but generally stuff like that never has. The mamba snakehead logo is so bad*** as well. How sweet would it look as a tattoo? ?? or is that taking it too far? ?

I have to work tomorrow but I will get some time in on foresight GC2 and give some initial impressions of how it feels and performs... this weekend I will get it on the course.

Thanks again to Aldila and GolfWRX!

First observations after (2) range sessions last night and tonight:

Feel: when comparing this shaft to the others mentioned in my OP (See Page 1) - it is significantly smoother than the T1100, has a little less kick than the Speeder XLR8 Pro - but out of the 3 feels the most stable and buttery. even tho it's 70TX, it doesn't feel overly stiff/boardy by any means. I've played the tensei white in 70TX and it's a significantly more pronounced firmer feel than the X-Torsion Copper; which for me, is a good thing. whenever i played the tensei white i always felt like i had to be on it 100% or it could leave me with flat trajectories with harser feedback. Right out of the box it left me with a great impression in regards to feel.

Looks: I have nothing to really say negatively about the looks aside from the X-Torsion graphics. I think they could've went with just the logo down the spine but i understood why Aldila did it - the words X-Torsion are torqued around the shaft and the white is not only flipped reverse, but it counters the copper color. it looks cool. the best part i think about the looks is the candy orange coat over the 'snake skin' graphite layers going down the tip. simply put -- on. point. this shaft is a STUNNER.

Performance: right out of the box it took a bit of getting used to. i know this is slated as a mid-launch/low spin shaft but, probably due to my swing it wanted to launch a touch low for me. no worries. i lofted my 917D3 up to the A3 setting and voila -- ideal launch. After hitting with this for a bunch of balls i can tell you that it is CERTAINLY low spin -- balls of varying apexes (some higher, some lower) all rolled out a significant amount. the back of our range (lasered) is 312y. i hit quite a few that were hitting just before the back tees (roughly 285y) and bounding into the woods.

So far - the shaft does NOT like a draw, however it is accepting of that. what i mean is that it predominantly keeps the left side out of play either hitting straight balls or nice cuts; you really have to want a draw to get it to move right to left. i understand this is for some folks but, for those of you who want to keep the left out of play, this might just be your honey badger.

I've hit some smooth swings on up to full pedal to the metal leaning on it -- it prefers smoother swings and gets the best results when i just go at it 85% -- when leaning on it, it's produced a few higher cuts that appear to be a touch spinnier. That being said, my swing is known for doing this at times when putting extra oomph -- so i don't blame the shaft as its more than likely a swing issue causing these results.

I will be playing in a practice round tomorrow for the NJ state open and will report back after letting it rip for a few holes.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

This will look awesome in a new Ping G400 driver...

uh oh. you're very, very right.

i shall start hoarding my paypal balance now lol

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

It is Christmas in June... looks sic!

i second this --- that tumbler looks awesome. hmm...will i be able to use it at my day job with the words "xtorsion"??

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Time for some more insight and a little data.

I had the opportunity to hit the different head/combos on a trackman. Unfortunately, I saved the reports as picture which failed to get the 2nd page where all of the good information is located at. (Ill be sure to redo the driver v driver with more detail on the trackman)

I did save the single shot done by each 9.0 SZ/shaft combo with chrome soft balls! The results were interesting and sometimes you dont know how good a shot is unless you have a trackman, etc. telling you.

Trackman Reports

First, the HZDRUS Green is just shaft that has work for me. No matter if I swing hard or soft it gets the head there. As the report shows, pretty good results

4d76e27833a11af66d06d5a182ed3fa1.jpg

Secondly, the HZDRUS Yellow is a little stouter but same profile and still relatively new to me, so it is going through the ringer as well (the XTorison whipped its butt today on the course)

5b2a8758ace620f0d065f0765ebfff72.jpg

Lastly, the XTorison is the stoutest out of all of them. It feels similar to the Rogue Max and I/O to me. Not a bad thing at all but the MAMBA technology throughout the shaft. I wouldnt call this a negative but something I will have to adjust to.

d374595ddc54fed26358530eed077c0a.jpg

As you can see, the spin did drop lower than to Mid launch/Low spin shafts. MAMBA and Xtorison technology working. Like most, don't focus on the total but carry.. That is a 12 yard difference on almost the same numbers....BAM!

Also, to piggyback on what gioguy21 said, the shaft definitely doesn't like to go left. It took a very bad swing to make it hook. I did get it to draw here and there but mostly little cuts happened. It is not a bad thing but not what Im use to-I draw the ball

So, for guys/gals that want to lessen the draw or take away some of the lefts this maybe the dragon you have been chasing.

First round recap

Played University of Maryland golf course. It was a good test and chose to play the tips because it was a driver showdown so why not..

Had a few stinkers but I was slapping at the ball late round. Working then walking 18 got a little tired (add any excuses yall want ;). However, I had few bombs that I was pleasantly surprised by. More times than not the XTorison outperformed the HZDRUS Yellow.

Take for example here:

959254e7544b02f028098ec725ffb73b.jpg

Left me 210 out on a par 5..if this becomes a constant then THANK YOU Wrx and ALDILA :)

Going back and forth between shafts on the course is probably not the best way but hey, it works. With the XTorison, I felt like I to give some extra gas on my drives, which led to some misses but see above excuse, etc. However, the big misses were never lost or gone but just 20 yards behind a good hit. This part I really enjoyed about the lower spinning shaft was the bad swings were misses but not big ones. A lot better than the HZDRUS Yellow.

Now we all know no shaft will saved a bad swing but this one got close!

One cool thing about the shaft, which we all mention, is the scales... every time I tee it up and the shaft went through my hand you can feel them... just cool!

I have a scramble tomorrow, so a new day, fresh legs, and of course adult beverages should help this experiment. The goal is to outdrive my former college buddy at least one hole if that happens.. XTORISON FOR THE WIN!

Stay tuned and if anyone has any questions or remarks shoot my way..

protos F4

A HUGE thanks to Aldila and GolfWRX for this review!

About me: I'm about a 105 swinger with a moderate, accelerating tempo and typically play an untipped X, so that's what I requested. Based on previous reviews, I hope it's not too much!

Initial impressions:

The look is fantastic and graphics sharp, unique, and recognizable. I am really looking forward to taking this on the course against my DI6 which has been a good fit for me. Right away, I noticed the graphite weave and technical beauty aspect, and was greatly impressed. This just LOOKS like a top-quality shaft. I've played one counterbalanced shaft in my golf time (Axivcore Black 69), and I was able to play really well with it. I hope for the same here! It wasn't one day that I sent my requested information to the Mod that I received a large box with the shaft along with a nice shirt and good looking hat. I was most shocked that the shaft had my name engraved on it - I've never had anything like that.

Setup:

44.75", No tipping, Titleist tip set at D4 (standard for lefties)

I've played one counterbalanced shaft in my golf time, and I was able to play really well with it. I hope for the same here! It wasn't one day that I sent my requested information to the Mod that I received a large box full of the shaft to my specs (44.75", Titleist tip at D4 setting, graphics logo down, NDMC black/black)

Testing:

I played today, and as soon as I hit my drive on the first hole, I didn't even bother switching. It launches higher, spins about the same as my DI6 X, but feels more "crisp" - the sound at impact is a beautiful thwack that pleases my ears. The copper sheen is beautiful and shines really well in the sun. I struggled with my alignment so hit a few hooks/draws that missed the fairway right, but I hit some bombs when I figured that out at the end. I hit one 300 on a par 5 where I squared it up but didn't really make as good of a swing as I could/launch it in the air.

The length at 44.75" is absolutely perfect for me, and I can swing more confidently and know that the shaft will deliver. Those make this my gamer shaft IMMEDIATELY.

0d36a45380808124f640e67411b36edc.jpgbc4c76c139ec118de5c4113d1e8c18a0.jpge29aecdaa5dc16cc12becbf801ac8a6c.jpg

In recap (TLDR version) - beautiful shaft, incredible feel, mid-high launching, low-mid spinning, tight dispersion, and counterbalanced feel seems to increase swing speed slightly.

Titleist TSi3 10* (at 9.25*) w/ Tour AD DI 6X 
Titleist TSR2 15* w/ Tour AD MJ 8X
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid w/ Fuji Atmos Blue Tour Spec 8X

Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3 iron w/ KBS Tour V S HS'd
Titleist 716CB 4-P w/ DG AMT TI X100 SS'd
Vokey SM7 Slate Blue 54.10 (1* strong) and 58.08 with Onyx DGTI S400
PING PLD DS72 34.5"

2021 ProV1 or Left Dash ProV1x (or random other tour quality balls LOL)

Congrats guys! This is one I was really hoping to win as I've have good luck with a lot of Aldila shafts, so really looking forward to hearing the reviews! Hoping some of you have a chance to compare it to some of their other shafts.

[color=#A9A9A9][b]Driver:[/b] 2016 TM M1 9.5* / Atmos Black 7 TX
[b]Fairway:[/b] 2017 TM M1 15* / Tensei Pro White 80 TX
[b]Irons:[/b] TM 790 UDI 2 Iron / HZRDUS Black 85 6.5
[b]Irons:[/b] Titleist T-MB 4 Iron / TT Dynamic Gold X-100
[b]Irons:[/b] Titleist 716 AP2's 5-PW / TT Dynamic Gold X-100
[b]Wedge:s[/b] Vokey SM6 50.08F, [color=#A9A9A9]56.10S & [color=#A9A9A9]60.08M[/color] [/color] / TT Dynamic Gold S-300
[b]Putter:[/b] TM Spider Tour Black T-Line 34"[/color]

I am following this very closely! The shaft is frriggin gorgeous and from what I am seeing the results are gorgeous too

TM Stealth 8* HZRDUS Hulk 70TX
TM tour issue 2017 M2 Diamana DF 80TX
Srixon ZX 3 iron Ventus Blue 10X 
Srixon ZX7 Modus 120X
Cleveland Zipcore 52*, 56*, 60* full face DG Tour Issue Spinner
Scotty Cameron Circle T Newport 2 SSS 350

Day 2 of Testing

I was asked to play in a scramble the night before for a good cause, so I jump on the opportunity to just swing away with the XTorison Copper/SZ. Well, swing away I did but it wasn't the best display of driving on my part. Like most, when you swing out of shoes more times than not there will be some bad shots.. I found them. As I was telling my buddy, the shaft does not want to go left but it will with a very bad swing an a few of them came out. So, for the testing portion this round was a wash, imo because irons and everything was off too. We won but it helps to have an ex college golfer on the team.

Anyways, the real testing came after I ran home to walk the dogs and then came right back to the course to play 18. The tournament was on the course(s) I picked up golf, so it is very familiar and know my usual landing spots. Ended up playing the West Course on Andrews AFB (6400 and just a boring course but nice one).

Of course, on #1 I hooked the crap out of it-- told you with bad swings they will come out because no shaft will save a bad swing. I still was only 150 out so a big miss but not punishing by no means.

On #2 is where I saw what this shaft can do, OH MY! I brought along another SZ/HZDRUS Green, so lighter in weight but same characteristics and counter balance. I hit the XTorison first and hit a beautiful cut around the corner but a little too much and it was in the rough. So, I brought out the HZDRUS combo to see how it compares and almost identical ball flight and line. I was excited because I was going to get a good comparison.

WOW!

c923efc63204f3698557ac05b8ff7478.jpg

As you can see this is a big difference. Trackman showed that the XTorison is lower spinning than both HZDRUS but I didn't expect this big gap.. Second Project X that XTorison has outperformed on the course.. Needless to say the HZDRUS combo did not come back out for the rest of the round.

#4 is where the I video myself swing the XTorison. It's a shortish Par 5 487 but has a creek in the middle that you fly it but take 260 in the air. I usually lay up with a 5 wood because it stills gives me 200 and some change to attempt to get to the green.

Well, I let the big dog eat! It make sense if you are going test a driver then do it on the holes that you usually don't use driver on.. BAM! I know yall saw the pose ;) it flew the creek but didn't go much farther because there is about 10 yards rough before the fairway. I took on the fattest part of the creek but it was a on a rope!

giphy.gif

My last aww moment came on another par 5 (#8 479) where you have to hit over a creek but you can only see the tall grass from the tee box. . Room for a fade or draw, so I aim in the middle and hit a perfect draw. What?!? Am I finally getting use to the feel, kick, etc. of the shaft! I can say without a doubt, this is the longest ball I have ever hit on this hole going up the left. If only it didn't land in this lovely area then who knows where it would of end up. I had 209 left to a middle pin.

5e0aea9684270b47559014559d3027cf.jpg

The rest of the round was just point and click! It has been pretty hot out here so fairways are firm and fast but they won't hold a ball that ain't in the middle. So, I had a few bound off into the rough but no biggie.

Here is some random thoughts:

Killer looking shaft busy but killer.

The scales are so cool feeling.

Very stable from the tip to the butt.

Great launch and spin. I find it to launch medium/high but keep the spin down.

I know this shaft will make a great 3 wood shaft

To me it feels very stout/stable. I enjoy some flex and I don't think I'm getting this shaft to react as much as I would like.

Piggybacking off above, I can't feel the head. Now is that a bad thing? For me, time will tell (its only been 2 rounds. Also, it will depend on the player, for me, I like to know where the head is going back and through.

It doesn't feel heavy but I would be intrigue by a 50 gram version that could play this stable. No clue if there will be but just some random thoughts.

I will end tonight on this, I really feel like I'm getting use to this shaft. After the scramble, it all came together and I saw a lot of great drives and misses were not as bad as other shafts I have used in the past. Looking forward to some more range time and rounds. I'll try to get some more trackman data between shafts if I have time during my fittings.

protos F4

Of the 11 times I used driver today, I missed one fairway. Added some lead tape to my driver on the heel - easily worked the ball both ways, varied swings from full bore to easy...amazing results. Will get some more range time this weekend, but so far I can't believe how predictable and stable it is. Thoroughly impressed.

*edit* after reviewing a few gps'd drives today, I had a 290, 293, and 328 today with the xtorsion copper/917 setup. It's looking like a keeper.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

I got out and compared the shaft today against my gamer (125 rogue silver 60 TX).

It feels tighter for sure and harder to load but it launches a bit higher for me with similar spin which results in a slightly longer carry (5-10 yards). I would like to get on trackman and see the difference in apex height. Im betting it's 15-20' higher. I'm really digging it! The ball flight is tight as well, I hit some extremely straight drives today!

Again to touch on the higher ball flight and longer carry, the 16th hole at my club is a short, tight dogleg left with very tall oak tress on the inside corner. Typically I hit an iron out to the corner because if I try to take driver over the trees, I'll either block it right or quick hook it left in an effort to elevate the shot. But today I just trusted the Copperhead a bombed one right over the tress and down in front of the green. Felt pretty cool ?

Day 3

giphy.gif

i had to do a demo, so I was able to get on the trackman to compare the shafts. I can say without any doubt Im finally getting use to the XTorison copper. Im seeing a bump in distance and it was seen today on the course but for now here is the reports from the trackman results.

HZDRUS GREEN

69347bf24cbf66fec3bef8f3eae55a4a.jpg

HZDRUS YELLOW

490694b598780de304db0b6329693b9a.jpg

XTORISON COPPER

ebe1013df471024e03b1c66d37dd4490.jpg

They are all similar in many ways and I get more ball speed form the HZDRUS Green but it is the one Im the most comfortable with. Also, it is the first lighter stiff shaft that just works for me. However, even with the more ball speed, the XTORISON was still past it. It goes with what I saw on the course over the last couples of days.

Now this next report made me finally realize quit trying to make the shaft work and just swing..

8769cf9b3a3ddda66ae52ec7b6d5d2f4.jpg

I had a feeling the XTorison was outperforming the other two shafts but the numbers proved it. Im still not a fan of not being able to feel the head and by my videos.. not getting the shaft to flex like it is suppose too. However, what I saw on the course today showed that those two things can be looked past ;)

On the course

Well today I was in some places I have never been before but in a good way.

#1 Par 5 515 on the East course at Andrews

f9f179474f105c8b2e73bff1fc8b1ada.jpg

Is a just a little dog left right.. I hit a perfect draw that put me 209 out to a middle pin. I was amazed because Im always about 20 yards short of the 200. I have played these course with my SZ/Green combo,so I know its not just the head.

The other holes I had a lot of good drives and a few drew nicely. I also had some misses that still far but they were still misses. Like I said above, I know I'm getting used to the shaft and it is showing on my drives.

Here is a gif of me taking the road less travel by... I have gain confidence because Im not worrying about it going left at this moment. I know a bad swing will still be a big hook but take this shot for example... I aimed (in my mind) down the road and played the perfect cut around the trees... to about 105 out. .AWESOME!

giphy.gif

Now the last wow moment was on #18 Par 5 519

2d52d347793deb8f5d5b0fba768186a9.jpg

It felt like I hit a little low heel shot but it was a great drive that left me 195 out. I have never been this close on this hole in 7 years.. Some wind helping but man I actually had a chance to go for the green in 2 and be able to nail it. Typically I have a 3 wood in hand but not today... it didn't turn out too good but it was the chipping/ one little tree branch more than anything else.

Overall

This shaft has just kept surprising me everyday. I had doubts after my first trial that I would able to handle such a stable/stout shaft. It ain't rebar but coming from a 55 Stiff it feels completely different. The XTorison has gave me some more pop/yardages. I think some that are looking for a 60ish shaft but still stout ... XTORISON Copper for the win.

I have enjoy hitting the shaft and plan on leaving it in the bag going forward. I have seen the numbers and the results on the course. It should only get better..

*Sidenote* I did hit driver off the deck, so I know it will make a great 3 wood shaft as well.

protos F4

Crickets in here..

I have two days of golf planned this week, so I'll add more feedback.

protos F4

The Photo and GIFs and track man data are great! Thank you misplacedtexan83 your water bottle is on its way! If you have more please keep posting.

ryanandrew_golf, gioguy21, pdaero, and CallawayLefty we can't wait to see what kinds of pictures and data you have to post.

Thanks aldila. It's a little easier to get time to test when the kiddo/wife leave for the weekend ;).

protos F4

The Photo and GIFs and track man data are great! Thank you misplacedtexan83 your water bottle is on its way! If you have more please keep posting.

ryanandrew_golf, gioguy21, pdaero, and CallawayLefty we can't wait to see what kinds of pictures and data you have to post.

Thanks aldila. It's a little easier to get time to test when the kiddo/wife leave for the weekend ;).

Although we are sure everyone enjoys spending time with their loved ones, we doubt you will find a person here who will complain about getting a little extra time out on the golf.

They look awesome! Congrats to all the winners!

I've been gaming the original X-torsion since the day I got it in the mail from the past contest. Unreal shafts!

Unfortunately, we didn't get the name etching, swag, or water bottles... :( haha. I'd trade a lot of water bottles for the shaft though.

Side note: Where'd the other X-torsion thread even go? I posted in it and never saw it again.

The xtorsion in my driver was the highlight of my qualifying round today for the NJ state open. I missed just 3 fairways, but each miss was within 5y of the fairway. Loving the exceptional feel, and the even better consistency.

...if only aldila could make me a better putter.

Missed the cut, but I havent been this confident off the tee in a very long time.

I got a few remarks on it while on the range - few wondering what it was, but all loved the colors of it in the sunlight.

Fantastic job Aldila - spot on.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”