2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Elk...Come on man!!

McCann1

White men telling minorities that they're simply too sensitive and the world is too PC is pretty self-serving. I think we should definitely use our time and energy to defend a guy who likes to get drunk and offend people. The world should grow thicker skin, so I don't have to change and be respectful, curb my drinking or stay away from the internet? If only the world would just respect my right to be offensive, right guys!

He was too lazy to Google Rory's net worth. Only off by 100 million dollars though. Dude has been hurt and unable to practice due to hitting too many golf balls, but he's obviously lost his drive. According to a guy with one major that hasn't been relevant for 10 or 15 years at least. I can totally see why so many of you rush to his defense.

I'm not a white man BTW, I identify as an Inuit women. So, you know, just don't make assumptions.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm certainly assuming that many of the posts are from white men. Statistically I feel confident that's the demographic of the vast majority of users on this forum. A straw man has to be invented. Prove me wrong, I'd be shocked if one of those posts was written by a woman or person of color.

Abbreviating someone's name is rarely respectful, so it goes with nationality. You really can't see how Elk assuming someone who appears to be from the sub-continent of India is 'Pakki' is offensive? Or maybe the mugger showed his Pakistani passport during the confrontation so they were sure of nationality?

Good for Elk he's got some support. Maybe he needs to start a 'speak your mind' blog. Non-PC commentary for the forward thinking.

I'm certainly assuming that many of the posts are from white men. Statistically I feel confident that's the demographic of the vast majority of users on this forum. A straw man has to be invented. Prove me wrong, I'd be shocked if one of those posts was written by a woman or person of color.

Abbreviating someone's name is rarely respectful, so it goes with nationality. You really can't see how Elk assuming someone who appears to be from the sub-continent of India is 'Pakki' is offensive? Or maybe the mugger showed his Pakistani passport during the confrontation so they were sure of nationality?

Good for Elk he's got some support. Maybe he needs to start a 'speak your mind' blog. Non-PC commentary for the forward thinking.

You've missed the point on the straw man comment. I did ask how you knew the people you were talking about were white men, but that was an aside (indicated by the parentheses). The straw man you invented was that, presumably in this thread given it's what you're responding to, white men were telling minorities to be less sensitive. I couldn't find an example of that, so it appears to be a straw man you created for some reason.

By the way, although I generally identify as a white man, I'm part Australian Aborigine.

I'm not ok with that term at all, and I'm sure Elk regrets saying it. I don't hear that term in Western Canada, and I'm truly grateful to live in a country that abhors racism and welcomes and embraces different cultures.

What I can't stand is that today, if you say something cringeworthy, you get eviscerated around the entire globe 24/7, without mercy. Seriously, Tiger Woods had his mug shot posted on every news outlet on the planet, people writing articles about his downfall, assuming he was some kind of druggie alcoholic. Instead, it turns out, he actually did have an unexpected reaction to medication and blew 0.00. The guy with "steely nerves" now takes Xanax and just had his spine fused, so obviously he's not doing great. Doesn't matter though. Everyone in the world was quick to jump down his throat. That man is literally a prisoner in his own house, because when he leaves his house, people don't respect an ounce of his privacy.

Back to Elk. He's pushing 60 and is from Australia. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of terms that guy used growing up that are now completely inappropriate. He let one slip, obviously innocently. Maybe instead of calling him racist, give him a chance to apologize. He didn't grow up like you and I. You know what's greater than throwing fire on someone? Supporting them with education.

Great post.

HaHa, a kid from our big HS rival, the catholic school in town(I went to a boys' military school), before the first play called to me(he was a HB, I OLB in the 44) by my nickname that my buds call me, "hey Jake," I looked over and he sneered and chirped, "I'm gonna run your arse over you fackin towel head," lmao. His father had Played against my dad back in the day(his dad went to this catholic school, mine went to the public school) and obviously knew that my father was 75%(or the majority of) Lebanese(Christian, not muslim) and obviously thought that that was gonna get to me.

I had never ever been called that before though I had been called certain names due to the fact that my Step-Granddad was a Black Man, however a "rag head"???????? I laughed, winked(which I doubt that he saw) and proceeded to have an extremely enjoyable, and extremely productive 60 minutes.

PC is one thing and I feel it's total bullshat, however rudeness and lack of caring is another and while I still haven't really read Elk's remarks/tweet, as I've said before, I Played with him, drank with him and like the guy. We had a few conversations because sometimes the filter between his brain and his mouth is nonexistent and while I don't care if a guy takes on someone their level or above, or if he'd made it towards me, however he made an uncalled for remark to a nice quiet guy who voiced an opinion about a Player that Steve obviously doesn't care for, lol.

When I pointed out that his response was "dickish," he was apologetic and I took it as sincere as he also took the guy aside as the kid was leaving and apologized again and arranged for two All-Grounds passes to be held for the guy(this was the 2007 Open).

The fact that he obviously thought about his response well past his apology and felt moved enough to do what he did told me that he is basically a good person who just can't get out of their own way sometimes.

I'm not defending him and he definitely is not everyone's cup of tea however he does have a "locker room" mentality and doesn't always leave those thoughts and more importantly words, in the locker room.

Oh well?

Stay well my Friends?

My Best?

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

It's always fair game to make derogatory statements, jokes or discriminate against those from the US or straight white men, bald men, fat men, but everyone else is a protected class. Such a double standard.

Spoken like a true lardass chromedome Yankee.

touché and no one will come to my defense to protect me from your offensive statements. Thanks for the smile today :)

Yankee is a degrogatory term for people from New England started by the Brits when we were colonies. Yet somehow it's now perfectly acceptable to refer to anyone from the US as Yanks.

So are the terms "Brits" and "yanks" acceptable? If so why the double standard?

Yankee is a degrogatory term for people from New England started by the Brits when we were colonies. Yet somehow it's now perfectly acceptable to refer to anyone from the US as Yanks.

Limeys?

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

Hi pot, here's a white kettle telling you how you should feel.

Limeys?

White people don't have feelings. You can call them whatever you want. Yankees, Hicks, Hillbillies. The white PC gatekeepers of the world have deemed it acceptable, so have at it.

Why are people reacting like they are Rory's parents, or Rory himself? So many boot lickers.

I swear people look for things to be offended about...

Yes it's the current outrage culture. A toxic mix of Twitter and lots of self -absorbed people who think others actually give a sh!t about their opinions.

As it is, there are lots of things in this world to be genuinely outraged about but somehow they get lost in the arguments over life's trivialities.

Being a loud mouth, anti-pc, ect. ect. has been (still better than being a never was) like Elk doesn't make you a conservative, and the fact that the whole Trumpian discourse has seemed to change that which is troublesome to me cause it affects people that are conservative for actual reasons. But hey I guess you have loonys on the other side too that affect their rep.

This has probably gone too far into this but hopefully I didn't cross any forum lines.

Basically I'm out on Elk, guy brings nothing to the table, no insightful thought and basically resorts to being a troll on twitter and talking 'bout "back in my day"

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

It's always fair game to make derogatory statements, jokes or discriminate against those from the US or straight white men, bald men, fat men, but everyone else is a protected class. Such a double standard.

HaHa, I might as well walk around with a bulls eye on my front back and head?

Bein a middle aged bald fat white hetero guy sucks sometimes???

Have a great weekend Bro?

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Steve Marinos comment was the best. Also, Paki is offensive to Pakistan people so it's not your place to tell them it's not. Usually it's used not specifically to Pakistan people but people of color from India, Pakistan, Middle East with a negative connotation. You can't tell a black person not to be offended by the N word. It's used in the same manner in he UK and Australia etc. not a term here in the states so hard to know the context.

well said. "Paki" is indeed equal to the N word in England at least. It's not just an abbreviation of where Pakistanis are from..obviously we all wish it was that simple don't we. It's just the simple ignorance around that's why PC exists. Without it Italians will still be wogs and Irish would still be the worse people on the planet. I can assure you these are sentiments i learned growing up in the UK.

And yet in geographical terms Afghanistan is next door to Pakistan and the term Afghanis is perfectly acceptable….go figure!

That's because you don't call other people not from Afghanistan an Afghani as a derogatory term. It's really not that difficult to grasp if you open your mind.

2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
TM M3 3 wood - 14.25* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Srixon u45 DI - 19* - Tensei Pro White Hybrid 100TX
Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

Elk is a total clown. Anyone remember Bubba Watson going off on him during a round for slow play! Good stuff.

Titleist TSi2 10* Driver Tensei Blue 55S
TM Sim2 Max 16.5* 3 wood Tensei Blue 60S

TM SIM2 Titanium 5 Wood Tensei Blue 65S

TM SIM2 MAx 4 Hybrid Ventus Stiff shaft
Ping G410 5-UW Alta Graphite Shafts
Vokey SM8 56* sand wedge, Vokey SM9 60* lob wedge
Black Lab Oil Can 350g custom grind by "Geo" putter

C&L 350 Milled Oil Can Putter (3 of them!)

Elk is the funniest golf commentator. Love his takes on Jim Rome. No big deal. People chill.

He's a homophobe, racist, and sexist, and just called out a golfer half his age with 4 times the career success. But, no, you're right. There's nothing to see here, move along...

PC culture was created to bring down western nations. And as you can see it's working. Europe and USA both circling the drain. Elk is uncouth but that doesn't mean he's telling a lie. He's a straight shooter. Most people under 35 are brainwashed by their mental masters.

Amen. It's up to Rory to prove him wrong. So far. Elk is correct on Rory.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

My girlfriend is Sri Lankan ... grew up in the UK with Paki being screamed at her and her family in the street. Its massively offensive! Its rascist end of. Im not jumping on the PC wagon. But here in the UK ever since the 80s its been considered a racist term.

But Shiria Patrols are OK in the PC UK. Look at your troubles now... Go figure.