2017 NBA Season (incl Draft / Free Agency)

Tailgater

The NBA offseason is now more entertaining than the regular season. The draft is tonight and I can't wait. What I will be watching for:

1. Who will my favorite team, the Mavericks, draft at 9?

2. If the Lakers don't draft him, how far does Lonzo Ball (and his father) fall in the draft?

3. How many UK Wildcats go in the first round?

4. How many times Jay Bilas says "length", "score the basketball", and "bounceability"?

5. How many trades there are?

6. How Rachel Nichols looks? Michelle Beadle too?

7. Where does UT Longhorn Jarrett Allen goes?

Married to Callaway Clubs but I cheat with Nike Clubs on occasion.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, I'm hoping for some crazy trades tonight. Just anything to get a bit more balance out there. Maybe the Warriors/Cavs can just play for one title and the rest of the league play for the First Flight championship?

As for the Lakers, i'd bet they draft Ball. And I bet in two years they wish they would have picked Jackson or Fox. Just my opinion of course.

Cheers!

I'm more interested in free agency just because I think there's a chance another warriors-like team forms, which will at least add some drama to the season

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I've became a loner on the fact I think Ball is gonna be a great player. I think too many people hate his dad and don't wanna give him credit for what he has done.

Really wanna see what Dennis Smith does in the league. NC State had a terrible year but we are all blaming it on gottfried. He is very very explosive and when he makes a jump shot he can be unguardable. But he only did that once last year and it was at Duke.

I would love for someone to ask Lavar if he is ok with the team that drafts Lonzo having any white players, since that was an issue he cited at UCLA.

But they probably won't

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

LaVar Ball rubs my absolutely the wrong way. If you have to hype your son up this much, something is amiss. I would like to see the whole league band together and not draft him in the first round at all just to be a warning to all future "hype parents".

I never understood the whole over protective parent thing. I'm a new parent and I would like to think my wife and I know whats best for our children. Not some executive who may have "scouted" my kid. I would take a slightly different approach than Mr Ball, but I have no issue with most of his actions. His comment on white players was the worst though. He's gotta do better than that.

The Lakers would be crazy not to take Ball at #2

People have a hard time separating Lonzo the player from the stupid things his dad says. They pick on his shot because that and his dad or all they can come up with. All this hate just makes me like the kid more, I hope he becomes a better version of Grant Hill or Penny and his dad never shuts up. Lol....

I would love for someone to ask Lavar if he is ok with the team that drafts Lonzo having any white players, since that was an issue he cited at UCLA.

But they probably won't

I think he says things JUST for attention and he doesn't really believe everything that he says. He has done an amazing job marketing his brand by saying things that we don't agree with. His kids are half white for gods sake.

But they probably won't

I think he says things JUST for attention and he doesn't really believe everything that he says. He has done an amazing job marketing his brand by saying things that we don't agree with. His kids are half white for gods sake.

Right now on the front page of ESPN there are two photos of Lonzo and one of his dad, there is one small photo of Flutz that is half the size of the other photos....

Team Ball = winning

LaVar Ball rubs my absolutely the wrong way. If you have to hype your son up this much, something is amiss. I would like to see the whole league band together and not draft him in the first round at all just to be a warning to all future "hype parents".

I never understood the whole over protective parent thing. I'm a new parent and I would like to think my wife and I know whats best for our children. Not some executive who may have "scouted" my kid. I would take a slightly different approach than Mr Ball, but I have no issue with most of his actions. His comment on white players was the worst though. He's gotta do better than that.

I'm a new parent as well and I understand where you are coming from but he is dealing with experts that get paid millions to be damn good at doing their jobs..evaluating talent and selecting the best personnel for their team.

If my daughter was in line to get paid multiple millions of dollars to play basketball I'd take the money from anyone...play there until my rookie contact is up build my brand up then go wherever I want for max money. Lavar is trying to do that by playing in college..what a joke..too

many busts to be taken seriously.

Now if we are talking about football then as a parent I would see trying to pick the best team. As a quarterback I would absolutely pull a "Elway" and no way to a couple if teams who can't protect their quarterback. Easiest way to become a bust as quarterback back is to get shell shocked early in the career.

But they probably won't

Oh I know. Like I mentioned in the NBA thread though I doubt Lauri Markannen's dad could say Arizona lost due to flashy black players

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

But they probably won't

Oh I know. Like I mentioned in the NBA thread though I doubt Lauri Markannen's dad could say Arizona lost due to flashy black players

Of course not because that would sound absurd. Everyone knows you can't win without flashy players.

But they probably won't

Yeah that would wouldn't fly lol. The last person to get away with saying something like that was Billy Hoyle when he said "You'd rather look good and lose, rather look bad and win" LOL

I'm a new parent as well and I understand where you are coming from but he is dealing with experts that get paid millions to be damn good at doing their jobs..evaluating talent and selecting the best personnel for their team.

If my daughter was in line to get paid multiple millions of dollars to play basketball I'd take the money from anyone...play there until my rookie contact is up build my brand up then go wherever I want for max money. Lavar is trying to do that by playing in college..what a joke..too

many busts to be taken seriously.

Now if we are talking about football then as a parent I would see trying to pick the best team. As a quarterback I would absolutely pull a "Elway" and no way to a couple if teams who can't protect their quarterback. Easiest way to become a bust as quarterback back is to get shell shocked early in the career.

Valid points all around, but I wouldn't want my kid playing for the Knicks anytime soon :stink:

But they probably won't

Yeah that would wouldn't fly lol. The last person to get away with saying something like that was Billy Hoyle when he said "You'd rather look good and lose, rather look bad and win" LOL

We'll they told him he couldn't hear Jimmy!!!

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

People have a hard time separating Lonzo the player from the stupid things his dad says. They pick on his shot because that and his dad or all they can come up with. All this hate just makes me like the kid more, I hope he becomes a better version of Grant Hill or Penny and his dad never shuts up. Lol....

A better version of Grant Hill and Penny? I appreciate your optimism but that'd make him an all time great. Anyone drafting him will be happy if he's anywhere near as good as those guys.

A better version of Grant Hill and Penny? I appreciate your optimism but that'd make him an all time great. Anyone drafting him will be happy if he's anywhere near as good as those guys.

Lonzo has more swag than both of those old bums, at the end of the day that is all that really matters.

Lonzo has more swag than both of those old bums, at the end of the day that is all that really matters.

did you pre-order those knockoff Kobe shoes too? you drank the kool-aid?

915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
712u 4i Recoil F4 110
714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
SM6 51.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

did you pre-order those knockoff Kobe shoes too? you drank the kool-aid?

I live my life in flip flops or slippers and a robe or board shorts. Thought you knew this?

I'm all in on Lavar, everything he does is more outrageous than the last, just when you think he's peaked he starts selling cards with his signature, its perfectly outrageous. I also think Lonzo is going to be good but he'll have such a huge target on his back with the media and opposing players the first year is gonna be tough. Every guard that matches up against him is going to show up like its a playoff game.

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

Wolves trade 3 prospects for two years of Jimmy butler.

What a stupid trade. I'd rather have Malik Monk alone than two years of Butler in a Warriors run league. What does this get them, a 6 seed?

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Does everyone else hope the Celtics drop a ton of assets for George just so the Lakers can sign him next summer? I know that I do.

I'd laugh if they did... I think trading for him is dumb unless you have lebron. Kind of like giving up 3 prospects for two years of Jimmy butler

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

But they probably won't

Was I supposed to be reading that in the Darrell Hammond SNL Biography skit voice?

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

I'm all in on Lavar, everything he does is more outrageous than the last, just when you think he's peaked he starts selling cards with his signature, its perfectly outrageous. I also think Lonzo is going to be good but he'll have such a huge target on his back with the media and opposing players the first year is gonna be tough. Every guard that matches up against him is going to show up like its a playoff game.

Dude is a racist against white people and a sexist against women.

And my favorite team drafted his kid, giving him a giant stage in the second largest media market to further his baffonery.

I am besides myself, I can no longer support an organization that would overlook that kind of behavior.

Kid gets drafted and, and they do the interview with his dad ?!

And he starts promising the lakers are going to be in the playoffs.

What happens when they aren't? And he comes out and starts trying to throw Magic under the bus, or say they didn't make the playoffs because the coach is white.

It's really sad to say, but I hope it all blows up in their face.

Dude is a racist against white people and a sexist against women.

And my favorite team drafted his kid, giving him a giant stage in the second largest media market to further his baffonery.

I am besides myself, I can no longer support an organization that would overlook that kind of behavior.

Kid gets drafted and, and they do the interview with his dad ?!

And he starts promising the lakers are going to be in the playoffs.

What happens when they aren't? And he comes out and starts trying to throw Magic under the bus, or say they didn't make the playoffs because the coach is white.

It's really sad to say, but I hope it all blows up in their face.

So much passion and fire! Not certain about the racist thing. His kids are half white.