MEMBER REVIEWS: Aldila X-Torsion Copper Shafts.

HipCheck

When will they be available to buy?

I dont know when aldila is bringing these to retailers, however hit up TollBros...perhaps he might have one or two. He always has his hands on limited stuff

PING G430 LST / 9* (dialed to 10.5*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Dark Speed LS / 3w (dialed to 15.5*) / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any of the other testers thinking what I have been thinking? That this would make a killer 3 wood shaft?

Read. My. Mind.

Yes! Yes!

Titleist TSi3 10* (at 9.25*) w/ Tour AD DI 6X 
Titleist TSR2 15* w/ Tour AD MJ 8X
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid w/ Fuji Atmos Blue Tour Spec 8X

Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3 iron w/ KBS Tour V S HS'd
Titleist 716CB 4-P w/ DG AMT TI X100 SS'd
Vokey SM7 Slate Blue 54.10 (1* strong) and 58.08 with Onyx DGTI S400
PING PLD DS72 34.5"

2021 ProV1 or Left Dash ProV1x (or random other tour quality balls LOL)

I'm through with testing.. the XTorison Copper is in the bag for the unforeseeable future. (This is wrx need to give myself an out :taunt:)

Played in a tournament yesterday and did not perform well at all. A lot of excuses can be used but I just sucked.

Anyways, went out for a friendly reminder that I know how to play golf and the star of the show was ... the XTorison Copper.

I love being in places on a familiar course that I have never been before. It was a fun day of just bash driver on a rope and watch my irons hook away from the greens (Xtoriosn Copper Iron shafts?). It was a good reminder, slow down rhythm and let the shaft do the work.. $$$

I'm glad I got back out because I need a pick me up, so to say.

The Xtorison Copper is a phenomenal shaft! The only thing Im going to tinker with is to add some weight to the head to bring it back up per Aldila.. it should only get better.

Conclusions on the XTorison Copper

Pros:

Very stable shaft throughout but not a board

Very lively at impact

For me, a great combo of launch and spin. Mid w/ low spin. Typically it was 100-300 revs lower than my other two shafts, which is great for such a stable shaft to produce without feeling like a board (HZDRUS Black).

Absolutely stunning looking shaft. Like I said before, the Xtorison logo is busy but it faded away very quickly. The snake scales are such a unique and cool touch.

Cons:

Can't feel the head but the solution is to add some weight to the head because of the high balance. Something for others to just note.

In the end, this is a bad @$$ shaft that might be the answers some are looking for. And yes, it is going to look cool in the G400!

giphy.gif

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

I'm through with testing.. the XTorison Copper is in the bag for the unforeseeable future. (This is wrx need to give myself an out :taunt:)

Played in a tournament yesterday and did not perform well at all. A lot of excuses can be used but I just sucked.

Anyways, went out for a friendly reminder that I know how to play golf and the star of the show was ... the XTorison Copper.

I love being in places on a familiar course that I have never been before. It was a fun day of just bash driver on a rope and watch my irons hook away from the greens (Xtoriosn Copper Iron shafts?). It was a good reminder, slow down rhythm and let the shaft do the work.. $$$

I'm glad I got back out because I need a pick me up, so to say.

The Xtorison Copper is a phenomenal shaft! The only thing Im going to tinker with is to add some weight to the head to bring it back up per Aldila.. it should only get better.

Conclusions on the XTorison Copper

Pros:

Very stable shaft throughout but not a board

Very lively at impact

For me, a great combo of launch and spin. Mid w/ low spin.

Absolutely stunning looking shaft. Like I said before, the Xtorison logo is busy but it faded away very quickly. The snake scales are such a unique and cool touch.

Cons:

Can't feel the head but the solution is to add some weight to the head because of the high balance. Something for others to just note.

In the end, this is a bad @$$ shaft that might be the answers some are looking for. And yes, it is going to look cool in the G400!

giphy.gif

Thanks for the review!

shot 73 (+3) today in a tournament round; although i only hit driver 3x...i hit the fairway twice and missed only once -- but it's b/c i hit it too far and was pinhigh left of the drivable par 4 8th hole.

Aldila, i'll get some sim numbers in a day or two as my flightscope is currently with another tech.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

This might be an odd ball question... but how do these stack up against the rip alpha, beta, and gamma.

I might be alone in saying this but I loved the alpha and beta in driver and fairway and might trade an arm for one if these were like a gassed up 2017 version

Edit: I meant to aim this at aldila since they're so active within this thread.

I'll give a go - it has the launch of Beta, the spin of Alpha (or lower), and a tightness of dispersion that neither had - along with wonderful feel that NONE of them had.

Titleist TSi3 10* (at 9.25*) w/ Tour AD DI 6X 
Titleist TSR2 15* w/ Tour AD MJ 8X
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid w/ Fuji Atmos Blue Tour Spec 8X

Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3 iron w/ KBS Tour V S HS'd
Titleist 716CB 4-P w/ DG AMT TI X100 SS'd
Vokey SM7 Slate Blue 54.10 (1* strong) and 58.08 with Onyx DGTI S400
PING PLD DS72 34.5"

2021 ProV1 or Left Dash ProV1x (or random other tour quality balls LOL)

Been a devout Rogue Black user since introduced. Would love to know availability and pricing. How does feel, trajectory and numbers compare to the Black?

TITLEIST TSI3 9* - HZRDUS T1100 HANDMADE 6.0 
PING G410 15* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE 70X
PING G410 17* & 19* - MITZ TENSEI BLUE X & EF BLACK X
SRIXON ZX7's - 4-PW w/SPECIAL, TOUR ISSUE, BLACK KBS TOUR V 125'S
CALLAWAY PM2 54* X & 58* X - ORIGINAL PX Satin 5.5's (HSx1)
ODYSSEY STROKE LAB EXO 7S - CUSTOM

SCOTTY CAMERON 2001 TOUR ISSUE 3x CHOCOLATE NEWPORT BEACH
2017 BRIDGESTONE B330 Tour #1's & TITLEIST PRO V #1'X

There is an ad for this shaft on this site. When you click through to Aldila site, there is no info there. I would really love to put the Copper to the test.

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi 1k Black 65 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
TaylorMade Soto Long Neck

Pro V1

Nice work in here guys. Really looking forward to your launch data comparing Copper and Black, Gio. The Copper really has me intrigued, but as someone who already spins it a touch too much, I think the Black may be right up my alley.

Dirty -- in all honesty -- the copper is for all intents and purposes the best shaft i've hit in the last couple years. i've tried the big boys (rogue 125, veylix roughneck, tensei white, tensei pro blue, KK DC, T1100, KK XT) and haven't found the best aspects of those other shafts...in another shaft until the copper.

i don't spin the copper THAT much -- its only when it's in the wind for me that it negates some of the performance, if only in front to back distance dispersion. this shaft still holds a line, still feels incredible despite being exceptionally stable, and is as consistent and predictable as anything i've ever used.

perfect example was yesterday. course i've played at least 100x -- there's a par 4 that is 439. typically i'm well inside the 150, closer to the 100 mark than vice versa -- we had wind in the face and a friend of mine who's of similar length was 20y infront of me and this was the only hole all day in which he out-drove me. off the tee my ball was a solid 20' higher than his (he's a lower ball hitter) but didn't balloon - just, went out and fell down. was within 5' of the landing mark in the fairway.

i know it's not a large sample size but, i noticed it last week in my qualifier as well. middle of the clubface, ideal launch...just, didn't go as far. felt great, held a line...just, less distance.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Ok guys, a little tardy in providing some thoughts. I'll follow up with some pics. I may also check on using a launch monitor, but, frankly, I only use launch monitors when something looks off to my eye or in on-course results, so it's not necessarily how I tend to think about things.

1) This shaft has great feel. I mentioned in my initial post that just based on the out-of-the-box "waggle test" that it felt "stout but reasonable." That's exactly how I would describe the feel in my hands. At no point does it feel like it's going to get away from you, but it's also not a lead pipe. This is pretty much the ideal feel for me. I have in other shafts liked the lead pipe feel (Black Tie comes to mind), but in general always gravitate back towards stout but smooth. I mentioned this in my first post, but it reminds me very much of the Voodoo that I played for years, which was an extremely under-recognized shaft.

2) It performs "to spec" - exactly as advertised. I would consider it to be low launch and low spin. It is low enough spin for me that I might put it in the "spin killer" category.

3) In terms of distance, it is basically the dead equal of the shaft that I have currently been playing (a Fuji 757 Evolution II Tour Spec). It launches lower and, just based on the eyeball test noted above, spins maybe a touch less. I tend to get a bit spinny with all clubs other than the driver, but actually don't really struggle with driver spin. If you do, the X-Torsion might be right up your alley. For me, I think this highlights one of two routes you can take in fitting your driver - one a little higher launch with a little higher spin and the other a little lower launch with a little less spin. For me the higher/higher combo produces a little more carry and a little less roll, and the lower/lower combo produces a little less carry and a little more roll. Again in my non-scientific self-fitting, I would group the X-Torsion into the second category - a little lower off the launch angle and a little lower spin. Perhaps carries a bit shorter, but still has a hot roll to it and gets plenty of distance. Actually found that somewhat appealing based on the windy conditions I'm usually playing again. And if you're a "ballooner," could be the best thing that's ever happened to you.

4) The only drawback for me, as has been noted above, is that the counterbalance aspect of the shaft makes the head feel a little light. I also went with a 44.5" playing length, which has created swingweight issues already with my driver head (913 D3) regardless of shaft. I already have a decent amount of lead tape on the head, so may have to experiment with other methods of getting a little more weight in the head. I play a counterbalanced hybrid shaft (Axivcore), which is in my favorite club (my 19* hybrid), so I wasn't sure exactly what to expect here. In this case, I would say that on my bad swings, I lose a little feel of the head. Doesn't create "results" issues as much as "feel" issues. But with a quick transition, I have to watch that.

All in all, I'd give this shaft very high praise...especially if you need to chop off some launch and spin. And like Aldila mentioned, this would be an absolute go-to for someone going a little over standard length.

My $0.02...let me know if you have any questions I can answer!

Ok guys, a little tardy in providing some thoughts. I'll follow up with some pics. I may also check on using a launch monitor, but, frankly, I only use launch monitors when something looks off to my eye or in on-course results, so it's not necessarily how I tend to think about things.

1) This shaft has great feel. I mentioned in my initial post that just based on the out-of-the-box "waggle test" that it felt "stout but reasonable." That's exactly how I would describe the feel in my hands. At no point does it feel like it's going to get away from you, but it's also not a lead pipe. This is pretty much the ideal feel for me. I have in other shafts liked the lead pipe feel (Black Tie comes to mind), but in general always gravitate back towards stout but smooth. I mentioned this in my first post, but it reminds me very much of the Voodoo that I played for years, which was an extremely under-recognized shaft.

2) It performs "to spec" - exactly as advertised. I would consider it to be low launch and low spin. It is low enough spin for me that I might put it in the "spin killer" category.

3) In terms of distance, it is basically the dead equal of the shaft that I have currently been playing (a Fuji 757 Evolution II Tour Spec). It launches lower and, just based on the eyeball test noted above, spins maybe a touch less. I tend to get a bit spinny with all clubs other than the driver, but actually don't really struggle with driver spin. If you do, the X-Torsion might be right up your alley. For me, I think this highlights one of two routes you can take in fitting your driver - one a little higher launch with a little higher spin and the other a little lower launch with a little less spin. For me the higher/higher combo produces a little more carry and a little less roll, and the lower/lower combo produces a little less carry and a little more roll. Again in my non-scientific self-fitting, I would group the X-Torsion into the second category - a little lower off the launch angle and a little lower spin. Perhaps carries a bit shorter, but still has a hot roll to it and gets plenty of distance. Actually found that somewhat appealing based on the windy conditions I'm usually playing again. And if you're a "ballooner," could be the best thing that's ever happened to you.

4) The only drawback for me, as has been noted above, is that the counterbalance aspect of the shaft makes the head feel a little light. I also went with a 44.5" playing length, which has created swingweight issues already with my driver head (913 D3) regardless of shaft. I already have a decent amount of lead tape on the head, so may have to experiment with other methods of getting a little more weight in the head. I play a counterbalanced hybrid shaft (Axivcore), which is in my favorite club (my 19* hybrid), so I wasn't sure exactly what to expect here. In this case, I would say that on my bad swings, I lose a little feel of the head. Doesn't create "results" issues as much as "feel" issues. But with a quick transition, I have to watch that.

All in all, I'd give this shaft very high praise...especially if you need to chop off some launch and spin. And like Aldila mentioned, this would be an absolute go-to for someone going a little over standard length.

My $0.02...let me know if you have any questions I can answer!

to further your comment - i too added about 5" of lead tape to the heel of my 917 to get it to feel right (playing at 45.25").

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Nice work in here guys. Really looking forward to your launch data comparing Copper and Black, Gio. The Copper really has me intrigued, but as someone who already spins it a touch too much, I think the Black may be right up my alley.

Dirty -- in all honesty -- the copper is for all intents and purposes the best shaft i've hit in the last couple years. i've tried the big boys (rogue 125, veylix roughneck, tensei white, tensei pro blue, KK DC, T1100, KK XT) and haven't found the best aspects of those other shafts...in another shaft until the copper.

i don't spin the copper THAT much -- its only when it's in the wind for me that it negates some of the performance, if only in front to back distance dispersion. this shaft still holds a line, still feels incredible despite being exceptionally stable, and is as consistent and predictable as anything i've ever used.

perfect example was yesterday. course i've played at least 100x -- there's a par 4 that is 439. typically i'm well inside the 150, closer to the 100 mark than vice versa -- we had wind in the face and a friend of mine who's of similar length was 20y infront of me and this was the only hole all day in which he out-drove me. off the tee my ball was a solid 20' higher than his (he's a lower ball hitter) but didn't balloon - just, went out and fell down. was within 5' of the landing mark in the fairway.

i know it's not a large sample size but, i noticed it last week in my qualifier as well. middle of the clubface, ideal launch...just, didn't go as far. felt great, held a line...just, less distance.

Right on. I think you had the white in an M2 last time we played and you were pounding it. I'm currently playing the KK DC XT with good results. The spin has come down, but I still launch it really high. How would you compare launch and feel to the KK?

Right on. I think you had the white in an M2 last time we played and you were pounding it. I'm currently playing the KK DC XT with good results. The spin has come down, but I still launch it really high. How would you compare launch and feel to the KK?

launches similar, is more controllable -- but feels significantly better than the KK IMO.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

launches similar, is more controllable -- but feels significantly better than the KK IMO.

Sounds good. I'll have to give it a go when they are released.

For those of you who asked for the differences in the Mamba models, here is my data from the other day.

Interesting...the difference between the green and copper is intriguing.

Suppose to be the same shaft but the Copper is counter balance.

What was the difference in your opinion?

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

For those of you who asked for the differences in the Mamba models, here is my data from the other day.

Has the Copperhead kicked out the KKDC as your gamer?

I'm trying to find a head I consistently hit where I want to be honest. I just have issues squaring high MOI heads so I'm back to my old Superdeep 8.5 tour head. I've been playing Tensei Pro Orange in it but yes I would love to try Copperhead once I get more in. It made the sub zero playable for me.

Interesting...the difference between the green and copper is intriguing.

Suppose to be the same shaft but the Copper is counter balance.

What was the difference in your opinion?

To me the orange feels tighter and stiffer in the tip section. Performance says the same, but I do love counterweighted shafts so I do deliver them more consistently.

so far from the data you've posted on a few different players who've hit both -- it appears that either the black OR the copper could be lower spinning or deliver better results than the other completely dependent on the player.

intrigued to see what the black yields me -

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

If the Copperhead and Green are the same profile, why does the Copper seem to produce such better numbers? Does counterbalancing really help that much? I don't recall ever trying, or knowingly trying, a counterbalanced shaft, so I can only relate it to counterbalanced putters. I hate counterbalanced putters.

If the Copperhead and Green are the same profile, why does the Copper seem to produce such better numbers? Does counterbalancing really help that much? I don't recall ever trying, or knowingly trying, a counterbalanced shaft, so I can only relate it to counterbalanced putters. I hate counterbalanced putters.

if i recall the copper is almost meant to be blend of both the green and black. Designed to launch a touch higher (green) but keeping the same ultra low spin (black); and this is achieved through the CB profile.

think of it this way in regards to profiles (regardless of CB or not):

highest launching - lowest:

green-copper-black

lowest spinning - highest:

black/copper-green

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”