2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

MEMBER REVIEWS: Aldila X-Torsion Copper Shafts.

HipCheck

If the Copperhead and Green are the same profile, why does the Copper seem to produce such better numbers? Does counterbalancing really help that much? I don't recall ever trying, or knowingly trying, a counterbalanced shaft, so I can only relate it to counterbalanced putters. I hate counterbalanced putters.

if i recall the copper is almost meant to be blend of both the green and black. Designed to launch a touch higher (green) but keeping the same ultra low spin (black); and this is achieved through the CB profile.

Ok cool, makes sense.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Copperhead and Green are the same profile, why does the Copper seem to produce such better numbers? Does counterbalancing really help that much? I don't recall ever trying, or knowingly trying, a counterbalanced shaft, so I can only relate it to counterbalanced putters. I hate counterbalanced putters.

if i recall the copper is almost meant to be blend of both the green and black. Designed to launch a touch higher (green) but keeping the same ultra low spin (black); and this is achieved through the CB profile.

Ok cool, makes sense.

it would appear that Aldila is trying to take claim to the CB shaft market just as MRC has with the Tensei Orange, or TT has done with the HZRDUS Yellow (i know not apples to apples but, you get where i'm goin)

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

...a package was delivered to my clubhouse -- PICS TO COME!!!!

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

For those of you who asked for the differences in the Mamba models, here is my data from the other day.

so far from the data you've posted on a few different players who've hit both -- it appears that either the black OR the copper could be lower spinning or deliver better results than the other completely dependent on the player.

intrigued to see what the black yields me -

Being blunt here, if I was going to go with a traditional balance point profile for ultra low spin, I much prefer the feel of the Kuro Kàge Dual Core XT over black mamba, but they are similar shafts in terms of numbers. The Mamba just feels more tip stiff where the kkdc XT has a more connected feel when loading. The black mamba feels more segmented in the way only certain areas of the shaft load, if that makes sense. It doesn't feel as good as Copperhead to me, which I love.

For those of you who asked for the differences in the Mamba models, here is my data from the other day.

so far from the data you've posted on a few different players who've hit both -- it appears that either the black OR the copper could be lower spinning or deliver better results than the other completely dependent on the player.

Being blunt here, if I was going to go with a traditional balance point profile for ultra low spin, I much prefer the feel of the Kuro Kàge Dual Core XT over black mamba, but they are similar shafts in terms of numbers. The Mamba just feels more tip stiff where the kkdc XT has a more connected feel when loading. The black mamba feels more segmented in the way only certain areas of the shaft load, if that makes sense. It doesn't feel as good as Copperhead to me, which I love.

No worries for being blunt JT, I'll have to hit this to see what u mean. Can u expand on the loading differences in regards to feel from the copper versus the black?

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

UPDATE: the black mamba is in my possession -- pics, first impressions and whatnot WILL be uploaded tonight as i have a bye week in leagues and will be able to hit a few balls off the tee.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

No worries for being blunt JT, I'll have to hit this to see what u mean. Can u expand on the loading differences in regards to feel from the copper versus the black?

The center section of the Black Mamba loads and kicks while the tip has almost no feel of reaction. With the Copperhead, it feels more like a single connected unit in the way the shaft loads, not just from one area of the shaft. The linearity of the load in Copperhead makes it feel very stable and connected, much like Tensei Orange and Kuro Kage DCXT, which is a feeling I much prefer.

The center section of the Black Mamba loads and kicks while the tip has almost no feel of reaction. With the Copperhead, it feels more like a single connected unit in the way the shaft loads, not just from one area of the shaft. The linearity of the load in Copperhead makes it feel very stable and connected, much like Tensei Orange and Kuro Kage DCXT, which is a feeling I much prefer.

oooh, i actually like this --- we'll see how she plays tonight. super excited! will get to see what the kick does for consistency as well.

i need to note that i absolutely love the copper for it's performance characteristics -- despite the spinning up into the wind (again, not a lot).

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Ok cool, makes sense.

Actually I was told they are identical except for the higher balance point i.e.. counterbalance per Aldila.

So to see the numbers was a little bit of a head scratcher. However, Trollbros did say he like the counterbalance so he got the head to the ball a lot better. It could be player dependent.

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

I really love the feel of the DCXT. I'm definitely going to have to give the Copperhead a go in a few weeks.

Ok cool, makes sense.

it would appear that Aldila is trying to take claim to the CB shaft market just as MRC has with the Tensei Orange, or TT has done with the HZRDUS Yellow (i know not apples to apples but, you get where i'm goin)

It wasn't apples to apples like you said but the closest two shafts could get from different companies, IMO.

However, the Xtorison completely dominated the HZDRUS Yellow. It wasn't really close when it came to numbers and on the course.

Kind of sad, because I thought the Yellow would be night and day better than the green. IMO, from me and from what y'all are seeing, the Xtorison Copper is the real deal competes from all of the high dollar options.

Good job to Aldila..

protos F4

It wasn't apples to apples like you said but the closest two shafts could get from different companies, IMO.

However, the Xtorison completely dominated the HZDRUS Yellow. It wasn't really close when it came to numbers and on the course.

Kind of sad, because I thought the Yellow would be night and day better than the green. IMO, from me and from what y'all are seeing, the Xtorison Copper is the real deal competes from all of the high dollar options.

Good job to Aldila..

agreed - Aldila nailed it. I have no clue what the price point will be for the copper but as long as it's reasonable - they'd be able to sell tons of them.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Good job to Aldila..

agreed - Aldila nailed it. I have no clue what the price point will be for the copper but as long as it's reasonable - they'd be able to sell tons of them.

Saw 399.99 price tag..

Im just impressed that the Copper out performed the TT1100 or whatever the numbers are. That was a big eye opener to me especially with a golfer of your swing speed.

protos F4

to share the 'love' that Aldila and GolfWRX have given to us lucky testers -- i'm going to be meeting up with a WRX'er to do some launch monitor testing this week (hopefully - barring i don't get my flightscope back) so you will get not only my data, but another set of data.

he can post here afterwards with his thoughts as well (on BOTH shafts!) so, Aldila, i promise, i'm trying to get as much data for you and the WRX as i can.

stay tuned folks!!!!

i'll let you all know when i add more info/data to my initial posting on the first page of the thread.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Will there be a 60 gram version of these shafts?

which version? the copper is available in the 60, and 70 (not sure on 80)

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

I have the 60 version in Stiff. It has bested everything I have thrown at it!

protos F4

Preliminary pics...8ea089f0cdf4eef15b53ac172ef8f206.jpgb756089d38c29e879a503ee1386bc20c.jpgdfbdc258285a0c885bb2c51d97d58a74.jpgf4ace600e4e2571f59ea2e5bdcdab053.jpg21cb37aee6f06072989582657c7aa622.jpgb933be09eca7e5ef237339559b579ae0.jpg37d8263b046b05e0f8abf10c236c6cc8.jpg

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

The detail in those shaft markings really are top notch.

'

Whats crazy is how you the scales feel from the grip down... its so cool.

protos F4

FIRST POST UPDATED ----

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Gio....one of those would look good in my bag! I think you want to stick with the copperhead and we can work something out for the Black LOL

TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 8* - Tensei White Pro 70TX

Callaway Paradym TD 3 wood (14*) - Kai'Li White 80x (tipped extra 1/2")

Callaway UW 17* - Kai'Li White 90TX

Callaway Mavrik Pro 3 (20*) - Kai'Li White 100TX

Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 5-9 - KBS Tour V 125 S+

Titleist Vokey 46, 50, 55 & 60 - KBS 610

TaylorMade Spider S Platinum Single Bend - KBS CT Tour Matte Black shaft

Gio....one of those would look good in my bag! I think you want to stick with the copperhead and we can work something out for the Black LOL

Lol I'm gonna put it thru some paces - like I said, I maybe had 20 swings with it so far.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Lol I'm gonna put it thru some paces - like I said, I maybe had 20 swings with it so far.

Don't take all the good swings before you move it on!!

They look sweet! Copperhead looked awesome in person and looking forward to seeing the Black and hitting both! Thanks for the opportunity!

TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 8* - Tensei White Pro 70TX

Callaway Paradym TD 3 wood (14*) - Kai'Li White 80x (tipped extra 1/2")

Callaway UW 17* - Kai'Li White 90TX

Callaway Mavrik Pro 3 (20*) - Kai'Li White 100TX

Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 5-9 - KBS Tour V 125 S+

Titleist Vokey 46, 50, 55 & 60 - KBS 610

TaylorMade Spider S Platinum Single Bend - KBS CT Tour Matte Black shaft

I really like to try the copperhead 60s, I have the green in 70tx and it's awesome! More of a s flex guy!

Very soon I'll have some.

$400 when it hits. Still a long ways off for that.

I have the 60 X (labeled TX), and it's beautiful!

I really like to try the copperhead 60s, I have the green in 70tx and it's awesome! More of a s flex guy!

Very soon I'll have some.

$400 when it hits. Still a long ways off for that.

I'm really not surprised on that price point - everything in my testing points towards top notch materials and feel. Absolutely worth it - blew my DI6 out of the water.

Titleist TSi3 10* (at 9.25*) w/ Tour AD DI 6X 
Titleist TSR2 15* w/ Tour AD MJ 8X
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid w/ Fuji Atmos Blue Tour Spec 8X

Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3 iron w/ KBS Tour V S HS'd
Titleist 716CB 4-P w/ DG AMT TI X100 SS'd
Vokey SM7 Slate Blue 54.10 (1* strong) and 58.08 with Onyx DGTI S400
PING PLD Anser D 35"

2021 ProV1 or Left Dash ProV1x (or random other tour quality balls LOL)

Awesome review Gio! Anyone hit this and hit the old school Aldila Cinnamon? Any similarities? Still probably one of my all time favorite shafts

i wish i could get my hands on one -- you're right, that'd be a great test side by side. the Cinnamon was one of the best - long before it's time.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”