2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

AD-DI Hybrid

AllstateMaine

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

c2baf76039bcf7899211cf20f474ccd4.jpg

Driver- TC Epic 440 with Hzrdus T1100<br />3-Wood- 13 Degree Ping stretch with Ping Tour 75x<br />Hybrid- 915 with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85<br />Irons- ( 4-PW ) JPX 900 Forged with 110s Steelfibers - Wedges- Sm6 Vokey 48 bent 2 degrees strong - sm6 vokey raw 56 bent to 55 , 58 Raw Low Bounce K grind ( 110 Steelfibers in all wedges same length shafts )<br />Putter- Scotty Cameron Laguna 1.5 Studio Torch Finish that I did...

I have the 85s in both hybrids and neither is tipped.. I think the hybrids def play to flex, the 6s driver shaft I feel is a touch soft..

Driver- TC Epic 440 with Hzrdus T1100<br />3-Wood- 13 Degree Ping stretch with Ping Tour 75x<br />Hybrid- 915 with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85<br />Irons- ( 4-PW ) JPX 900 Forged with 110s Steelfibers - Wedges- Sm6 Vokey 48 bent 2 degrees strong - sm6 vokey raw 56 bent to 55 , 58 Raw Low Bounce K grind ( 110 Steelfibers in all wedges same length shafts )<br />Putter- Scotty Cameron Laguna 1.5 Studio Torch Finish that I did...

I have the 85s in both hybrids and neither is tipped.. I think the hybrids def play to flex, the 6s driver shaft I feel is a touch soft..

Thank you for that chart! I haven't had a chance to hit it yet, but def feels true to flex when swinging. I guess I was wondering what the length from tip to graphics is normally is...just to make sure the previous owner didn't chop some off when building. I doubt he did since it's 40" long and plays in a 2 hybrid.

24 3/4 on the driver, not positive in the hybrid, let me see if I have it written down somewhere

Mine is from the factory and it measure about 21 1/4 from tip to first green ring

I have the 105x in both my hybrid and X Proto UT, not tipped, straight in, very accurate and manageable...

DRIVER: Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5*, Ventus TR Blue 6TX at 45"
3 WOOD: Callaway Paradym HL 16.5*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"
7 WOOD: Callaway Paradym 21*, Tensei AV white 75g S Flex, tipped 1" at 41"

IRONS: Callaway Apex MB 7-10, CB 4-6 -- DG TI S400

WEDGES: Callaway JAWS Raw 50, 54, 58 -- DG TI S400
PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago as back up)
BALL: Callaway CT X (current gamer), Srixon Diamond, -ProV1X and ProV1

I wonder why they call for no tipping even with the shorter heavier hybrid heads...

I have a AD DI 95s in a 712U 3 iron, and when I had it built I had asked for it to be tipped, because it felt a tad soft in the JDM driving iron I had shipped over to the states to try this shaft (I got a decent deal on eBay)...

Anyway, i just got a 105S in a 816H and the green rings are wayyyyy higher from the ground on one of them. That got me to look up the tipping instructions and I was suprised to see no tippping. I will take measurements now to see what I'm working with. Thanks for providing that dimension, TheBIIGCat.

Cobra KING LTD Pro 8.5º - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S
Tour Edge Exotics CB5 15º - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8S
*Titleist 816H2 21º (C1) - Graphite Design AD DI 105S (Double Eagle/Albatross 7/15/17)

OR - *Titleist 712U 3i - Aerotech SteelFiber 110S
Titleist 712U 4i - Aerotech SteelFiber 110S
Titleist 714 AP2 5-9 - Aerotech SteelFiber 110S
Titleist Vokey SM5 46.08, SM6 50.12F, SM6 56.14F bent to 55 True Temper DG S200
Titleist Vokey Wedgeworks V-Grind 60.10 True Temper DG S200
Scotty Cameron Bullseye Blade By Titleist

Has anyone put this shaft in a driving iron?

I've seen a couple in 712U and the Taylor Made UDI. They look friggin sweet! Every now and then, one will pop up on BST in the $225 range

is anyone currently gaming one in their driving iron for comments?

appreciated

Comments you say? Absolutely for a fellow RUSH fan!!!

I love the AD DI as my driving iron shaft. It goes fairly high (but you can still flight it down) for a 3 iron and just penetrates. I get a lot of comments on it (when I hit it good). Anything else you want to know?

*Titleist 816H2 21º (C1) - Graphite Design AD DI 105S (Double Eagle/Albatross 7/15/17)

I've seen a couple in 712U and the Taylor Made UDI. They look friggin sweet! Every now and then, one will pop up on BST in the $225 range

appreciated

I love the AD DI as my driving iron shaft. It goes fairly high (but you can still flight it down) for a 3 iron and just penetrates. I get a lot of comments on it (when I hit it good). Anything else you want to know?

The launch I was most interested in - perfect

Tip stability still good ?

Can you go after it?

Thanks

Appreciated

• 2 months later...

appreciated

The launch I was most interested in - perfect

Tip stability still good ?

Can you go after it?

Thanks

Appreciated

Yes the tip feels stable. Unfortunately when I had it built I asked for it to be tipped 3/4" of an inch and they didn't wind up doing it. Maybe launches a bit higher than I had hoped for a driving iron but I can still go after it. I hit hooks periodically but it's a swing thing not a shaft thing.

Can anyone at least speculate on why these shafts are not specified as requiring tipping on shorter heavier hybrids with more loft? Obviously you can tip it anyway, I just wish I would have with all the extra weight i have on the head...

By tipping this shaft you are making it softer by removing the stiff tip. Essentially, by tipping the shaft, you are bringing the softer section of the shaft closer to the clubhead.

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

I have a Ad DI 105x in my driving iron and I think the feel and profile is perfect for me. No issues in stability. I got after it pretty hard and I feel like the shaft handles anything I give it.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Can anyone compare the DI85 and 95 to the S+ 90 if anyone has experience? Wouldn't mind slightly higher launch and a little lower spin.

Titleist TSi3 10* (at 9.25*) w/ Tour AD DI 6X 
Titleist TSR2 15* w/ Tour AD MJ 8X
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid w/ Fuji Atmos Blue Tour Spec 8X

Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3 iron w/ KBS Tour V S HS'd
Titleist 716CB 4-P w/ DG AMT TI X100 SS'd
Vokey SM7 Slate Blue 54.10 (1* strong) and 58.08 with Onyx DGTI S400
PING PLD DS72 34.5"

2021 ProV1 or Left Dash ProV1x (or random other tour quality balls LOL)

Got one of these in my '17 M2 3 Hybrid and it's so great.

I was previously playing an SLDR-S 3 Hybrid with a stock shaft...thing would range from 200-250. No telling how far I'd hit it. The new club with the DI-85 Hybrid shaft...consitently 215-220 every shot. I'll sacrifice occasional distance in order to hit the ball straighter and a more consistent distance.

I tried this in a 95x in a ping g30 and man it felt like rebar to me. Was surprised because I like the ADDI 7x just fine.

2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
TM M3 3 wood - 14.25* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Srixon u45 DI - 19* - Tensei Pro White Hybrid 100TX
Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

• 1 year later...

By tipping this shaft you are making it softer by removing the stiff tip. Essentially, by tipping the shaft, you are bringing the softer section of the shaft closer to the clubhead.

This is not true. If you tip 0.5" of Regular shaft, you'll get similar to stiff frequency. If you tip 0.5" of stiff, you'll get similar to x-stiff.

Got that info from Bill @ ProChoice

I put one in my Adams Pro Mini 18*, not a p790 but as close as you can get to an iron, love the combo!

Ping g430 LST Hulk Green
Ping g430 LST 3w ventus Red
TSR2 5w Kai'Li White

Stealth 2 (3 & 4)Hybrid Ventus Red TR HB

Mizuno HMP 6-pw i110 Steelfiber

CBX 48
RTX6 54/59 DG
LAB MEZZ.1 Max Accra Shaft

Bridgestone Tour B XS

• 8 months later...

I'm looking at putting a AD DI 85 S or X in my hybrid. SS 115 on quad with the big stick. I swing my woods fast but smooth my irons I play project x lz 6.0 iron shaft. Hybrid sits in between so I'm skeptical. I'm wondering if someone has experience testing both the S and the X in a similar situation? I'm not sure if I should order a Stiff uncut so I can tip if necessary or just order an X untipped. I know this is purely skeptical but if anyone with experience with these shafts can chime in please do. Thanks guys

> @dsquareb said:

> I'm looking at putting a AD DI 85 S or X in my hybrid. SS 115 on quad with the big stick. I swing my woods fast but smooth my irons I play project x lz 6.0 iron shaft. Hybrid sits in between so I'm skeptical. I'm wondering if someone has experience testing both the S and the X in a similar situation? I'm not sure if I should order a Stiff uncut so I can tip if necessary or just order an X untipped. I know this is purely skeptical but if anyone with experience with these shafts can chime in please do. Thanks guys

Order the x, you will be fine. Have had x and stiff in 85,95 and 105

To add to that... I have an 85 stiff tipped an inch in a 913 18 degree and I have a 105x in a 19 degree Pxg straight in. I like both shafts and my swingspeed is around 108-110

• 11 months later...

Wanted to revive this..

I just picked up a 3h off the BST with ad di 85x. Driver SS in February is around 107-110. I just hit it for the first time. It didn’t feel the absolute smoothest, definitely a bit stiff, but there were some relaxing swings I took with it where it felt super smooth 215 repeatable carry, and it was all dead straight. Is the 85x too much for my swing (moderate tempo, mid release, sort of that exact middle of the Mizuno shaft optimizer sort of swing).

Titleist TSi3 Ventus TR Blue

Titleist TSi2 3W, 5W Ventus TR Blue

Callaway Apex CB 4-PW DG 120

Titleist Vokey SM9 50/55/60 Oban CT 115

Ping PLD Anser

• 1 year later...

Sorry for bringing up an old thread but well the 105X hybrid shaft fit in a Callaway X utility Proto driving iron?

Titleist TS3, 9.5, Ventus Blue 6x
Titleist TS2, 15, AD DI 8
Callaway xforged utility 18, AD DI 105
Taylormade p770 4-pw, Project X 
Titleist Vokey 50,54,58 Project X 
Scotty Cameron Studio Style GSS Newport 2