2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Swizbeatz WITB new byron and M2 tour page 5

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which putter is your gamer?

Either the standard Kuchar 2 or the tour stock kuchar, both arm locks. Same head shape, different material, the TS is 1 inch shorter with a slightly different shaft bend. 9/10 times the standard

I think that has the fit face. Do you like it?

Titleist TSR3 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Taylormade Stealth 2 15* - Ventus TR Blue 8X

Callaway Apex UW 19* - Ventus TR Blue 8X

Titleist T200 4i - Axiom 105X

Titleist T100 5-PW KBS Tour 130X
Titleist Vokey SM9 Raw 50/56/60 - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Circle T Tour Rat Newport

Either the standard Kuchar 2 or the tour stock kuchar, both arm locks. Same head shape, different material, the TS is 1 inch shorter with a slightly different shaft bend. 9/10 times the standard

Yea both have the FIT face, I do like it but the putting style gives different feedback because its resting against my arm. Soft and puts a good roll on it, I'm 4+ years in with the arm lock now and most everyone I play with would say putting is the strongest part of my game.

Shot a solid 73 in a match at a difficult course over the weekend, heading down to Toledo to play Inverness today for the first time!

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

Yea both have the FIT face, I do like it but the putting style gives different feedback because its resting against my arm. Soft and puts a good roll on it, I'm 4+ years in with the arm lock now and most everyone I play with would say putting is the strongest part of my game.

Shot a solid 73 in a match at a difficult course over the weekend, heading down to Toledo to play Inverness today for the first time!

I have a Betti mallet coming today with a FIT face.

Hit 'em good.

Titleist TSR3 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Taylormade Stealth 2 15* - Ventus TR Blue 8X

Callaway Apex UW 19* - Ventus TR Blue 8X

Titleist T200 4i - Axiom 105X

Titleist T100 5-PW KBS Tour 130X
Titleist Vokey SM9 Raw 50/56/60 - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Circle T Tour Rat Newport

• 1 month later...

Shot 72 in my last three matches to end the Publinx year, not bad. Went back to the epons a couple weeks ago and the second go around is much better. Last two days have been rough so I'm grabbing a demo driver and taking the Byron out today and not caring about score.

• 3 weeks later...

Back to back club champ. First two rounds I hit it horribly off the tee but chipped and putted extremely well capped off by a 60 footer at the end of round two. Third round I flushed every shot, played extremely conservatively knowing I had the lead or my score would have likely been lower. Good way to start winding down the season!

Congratulations! What is the bag looking like now?

12* G, GP 6S tipped .5" 44.5"

18* tour M2 4* open Oban Devotion High Balance

21/24 H1 TS Speeder

5-PW Epon 302 KBS Tour Black 120 S

Scratch 52/56/60

Kuchar arm lock model 2

PV1x

I'm gonna test a UDI 4 iron in place of the higher hybrid, g400 with xtorsion copper 70x, and hopefully pick up one of the 64* limited release vokeys from last year.

21/24 H1 TS Speeder

Scratch 52/56/60

Kuchar arm lock model 2

PV1x

I'm gonna test a UDI 4 iron in place of the higher hybrid, g400 with xtorsion copper 70x, and hopefully pick up one of the 64* limited release vokeys from last year.

How did you get a 18 M2 tour that was 4 degrees open? Was it a tour issue model or something?

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

21/24 H1 TS Speeder

Scratch 52/56/60

Kuchar arm lock model 2

PV1x

How did you get a 18 M2 tour that was 4 degrees open? Was it a tour issue model or something?

It's the deep face tour issue from 2016 that were popular on here and where the '17 model came from. It's 18*, 4* open.

• 4 weeks later...

Pretty much done with tournaments for the year. Played in the state 4 ball with 3jackpar from the board, we shot 69. He made a bunch of birdies, I blew a bunch of holes where I could have helped with pars. We had 3 bogies, one I was dead nuts middle of the fairway, another I 3 putted from ~40 feet albeit up a huge hill. Mental error on the last but we only had a few holes left and were out of it at that point. Par those 3 holes and we tie for 2nd, 6 shots back of the winners though! Crazy score, both guys played at the local big 10 team and had probably seen the course 100 times.

Have had some good results at league, 31/33 back to back weeks. I've shot 29 once and 31 twice this year, way deeper than I've ever gone on 9 before. We had our end of season club event for the people who participate in the most events, I hit the first 16 greens before missing 1, 2 3 putts for par, no bogies, 69 to win a months free dues. All these round have been with the G400 Xtorsion copper 70x, I used it in the 4 ball after only 2 rounds with it.

21/24 H1 TS Speeder

Scratch 52/56/60

Kuchar arm lock model 2

PV1x

How much weight did you add to the head to warrant the .5" tipping? Kind of curious due to me playing a shorter than average driver with not tipping and experiencing some accuracy issues.

Thx,

How much weight did you add to the head to warrant the .5" tipping? Kind of curious due to me playing a shorter than average driver with not tipping and experiencing some accuracy issues.

Thx,

Interested on your thoughts on the X Torsion in the G400 as I probably won't have the chance to test it but it has piqued my interest. Do you have the standard G400 at 10.5 playing at 44.5 inches? How stout do you find the 70X? Thanks!

G430 LST 9*
G15 17.5*
G425 19*
W/S Blade 3-P
S22 51* Zipcore 56* S20 60*
Sigma 2 Arna Stealth

21/24 H1 TS Speeder

Scratch 52/56/60

Kuchar arm lock model 2

PV1x

Thx,

Thx,

I tipped it a little only to give something a little stiffer a run, never really thought about adding weight and playing shorter. I did have the G hotmelted with another shaft @ 44.5", if I recall it was about 4 SW points under D2. I have a DI, GP, Rogue 125, and they are all untipped. I went way towards something stiffer with the g400 ordering it with a 70x.

Interested on your thoughts on the X Torsion in the G400 as I probably won't have the chance to test it but it has piqued my interest. Do you have the standard G400 at 10.5 playing at 44.5 inches? How stout do you find the 70X? Thanks!

LS, digital to 11*. Same as my G except I'm not playing it in the + position and might actually bump it down. The Xtorsion seems solid, little loose on mishits. One thing I hated about the Chrome that came in my LTD was how unstable it felt on bad strikes. The copper has a little of that compared to the graphite design stuff I have but not nearly as bad. It feels smooth and not that stout but I'm probably up near 110 SS now, + being counter balanced might make it feel softer. I like it more in the driver than I do the devotion counter balance in my 3 wood.

• 3 months later...

Will be posting some G vs G400 numbers and a snell vs PV1X comparison whenever I get a chance.

I posted in the Snell thread but the MTB should be a great ball for most people. Its a little low spin for me but I'm lower spin than most other low caps so I figure it would be a great ball for people to try. It spun around the same off the tee and 500 rpms less with a 60*, 9 iron, and 7 iron from the fairway. Can tell it spins less around the green but not by much. I'll definitely be trying the new 4 piece ball as wedge spin is supposedly increased.

As far as G vs G400, I'll be sticking with the g400 this year. Initially I was worried I was losing distance but a recent TM session shows its pretty similar to the G head I was playing, which was as hot as could get based on my smash factor numbers. I just hit it a lot straighter, it looks, sounds, feels 100x better. So I'll be messing with the new TM's and still have a crazy amount of Ping tipped shafts to play around with but the driver spot is pretty set. My fitter said some of the early G400 LS heads could be duds but I think mine is ok and will check again when I get in to hit the TM stuff.

I'm going to mess around with going straight to 5 wood this upcoming year and TM showed it should work well. I'm not long enough that I need it off the tee so the majority of its use is into par 5's and the M2 is just too flat and low spin. I legit hit it as far as my driver sometimes off the tee, but I hit my driver more consistently so it doesn't make much sense. Spin was in the 2700-3000 range with <38* landing angle, g400 5 wood with a longer shaft jumped up 1k exactly in spin and raised the landing angle to ~43*.

Really need to update with pics and will do so soon, I need to figure out which set of irons I'm taking with me to florida in 2 weeks. Hoping to get out for 9 holes this weekend to continue my 4 year streak of playing every month in the state of Michigan.

• 1 month later...

New bag pickup. Wont be leaving my personal cart and only coming out on nice weather days. Those are the backup sets, epon P2 with modus 120x, epon 302 with recoil 110 F4, Miura baby blades with kbs tour. Just picked up a SM 3.5 push cart, I have a bet with another member I won't walk 50 rounds this year. Got 27 in yesterday, first day my course was open for play. 56* and sunny today so heading back out as long as my legs function.

• 1 month later...

Testing a G400 max right now. Had a scramble event Sunday that was <30* for most of the day so I’m hitting the rogue 125 50tx from a couple pages back, figured the lighter weight might help in the cold. I threw that in a demo G400 max two days ago and after 36 holes I might just ask to buy the exact head I’ve been hitting. No Trackman numbers yet but it’s been extremely windy and it’s equally as long as the LS while being easier to hit. I like that the face has a contrast in color, the regular G400 is the same shade of black while the max is a little more silver tinted.

Threw up a 33 on the front 2 days ago which is by far the harder side at my home course before stumbling home with a 74. 15-20 mph winds and cold. Yesterday got up into the high 60’s but we were looking at 20-30 mph all day, made 6 birdies and a hole out eagle from 80 yards. Only shot 69, did I mention the wind?. My course is 73.3/145 at only 6800 yards.

Besides the max demo I’m trying I bought the G400 5 wood and have gone to that as my only fairway wood. Results so far are great. Rotating a few wedges but mostly hitting an exact copy of the scratch wedge I’ve used the last few years. I found the same grind on here, had a local guy replicate the custom grind I’d put on it, and considering they were the exact same head weight I just pulled the shaft from my old one and put it in the new one so it’s basically as close to a copy as can be. I’ll send off the old one for a refinish at some point. So I’ve got a DS, SS, V grind with the channel, and a toe sweep and all were ground with the same goal of getting the leading edge as close to the ground as possible.

Also trying the superstroke grips which have been really good so far, have them on my driver and my wedges.

Playing again today and then it gets cold again over the weekend, first team play match is next weekend. Really excited about the season, put a bunch of indoor rounds in over the winter and have completely transformed my miss from being a draw that hooks too much to a slight push. Much more playable as the hook would hit the ground and take off, I’m also hitting it higher and don’t have to aim as far right.

Testing a G400 max right now. Had a scramble event Sunday that was <30* for most of the day so I'm hitting the rogue 125 50tx from a couple pages back, figured the lighter weight might help in the cold. I threw that in a demo G400 max two days ago and after 36 holes I might just ask to buy the exact head I've been hitting. No Trackman numbers yet but it's been extremely windy and it's equally as long as the LS while being easier to hit. I like that the face has a contrast in color, the regular G400 is the same shade of black while the max is a little more silver tinted.

Threw up a 33 on the front 2 days ago which is by far the harder side at my home course before stumbling home with a 74. 15-20 mph winds and cold. Yesterday got up into the high 60's but we were looking at 20-30 mph all day, made 6 birdies and a hole out eagle from 80 yards. Only shot 69, did I mention the wind. My course is 73.3/145 at only 6800 yards.

Besides the max demo I'm trying I bought the G400 5 wood and have gone to that as my only fairway wood. Results so far are great. Rotating a few wedges but mostly hitting an exact copy of the scratch wedge I've used the last few years. I found the same grind on here, had a local guy replicate the custom grind I'd put on it, and considering they were the exact same head weight I just pulled the shaft from my old one and put it in the new one so it's basically as close to a copy as can be. I'll send off the old one for a refinish at some point. So I've got a DS, SS, V grind with the channel, and a toe sweep and all were ground with the same goal of getting the leading edge as close to the ground as possible.

Also trying the superstroke grips which have been really good so far, have them on my driver and my wedges.

Playing again today and then it gets cold again over the weekend, first team play match is next weekend. Really excited about the season, put a bunch of indoor rounds in over the winter and have completely transformed my miss from being a draw that hooks too much to a slight push. Much more playable as the hook would hit the ground and take off, I'm also hitting it higher and don't have to aim as far right.

Noticeable difference compared to the regular G400 LST? Not as concerned with distance as I am with height, ball flight, and overall shape off the head. I'm bummed they didn't come out with the Max right away because I will always gravitate towards that size. I'd rather not have to go buy another of the same model but if it's a big difference I might just have to. Thanks for your help!

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

It’s only been two rounds but the only difference I’m seeing is how easy it is to hit, like the sweet spot is bigger. My guess based on watching it in the wind is it’s spinning about the same as the LS. I’ve had a number of buddies that fit locally for miles of golf and club champion who are planning on playing it for the year, they’ve said it’s basically identical to the LS on numbers so why not go for more forgiveness?

It's only been two rounds but the only difference I'm seeing is how easy it is to hit, like the sweet spot is bigger. My guess based on watching it in the wind is it's spinning about the same as the LS. I've had a number of buddies that fit locally for miles of golf and club champion who are planning on playing it for the year, they've said it's basically identical to the LS on numbers so why not go for more forgiveness?

I've seen you and another WRX buddy hit the Max so far, and I noticed a ton of forgiveness for both of you, and I know the other guy picked up probably 10 yards or so going from a G LS to the Max. It's hard to tell much about distance with the wind yesterday, but you definitely didn't seem to be over-spinning it. I still don't have any plans to switch from the Epic SZ, but the G400 Max is looking like it's worth testing out.

You've got some good things going on with your swing changes -- the curve was noticeably reduced and the results look really good so far.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Corey Paul 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

It's only been two rounds but the only difference I'm seeing is how easy it is to hit, like the sweet spot is bigger. My guess based on watching it in the wind is it's spinning about the same as the LS. I've had a number of buddies that fit locally for miles of golf and club champion who are planning on playing it for the year, they've said it's basically identical to the LS on numbers so why not go for more forgiveness?

I've seen you and another WRX buddy hit the Max so far, and I noticed a ton of forgiveness for both of you, and I know the other guy picked up probably 10 yards or so going from a G LS to the Max. It's hard to tell much about distance with the wind yesterday, but you definitely didn't seem to be over-spinning it. I still don't have any plans to switch from the Epic SZ, but the G400 Max is looking like it's worth testing out.

You've got some good things going on with your swing changes -- the curve was noticeably reduced and the results look really good so far.

Thanks! Sorry we couldn’t take them 3 ways ?. I’ll get it on flightscope out on the course one of these days, your welcome to join we’ve got a 9* demo too.

Thanks! Sorry we couldn’t take them 3 ways ?. I’ll get it on flightscope out on the course one of these days, your welcome to join we’ve got a 9* demo too.

You were nice to give them the W on the back. I pretty much lived in the fairway yesterday, so it’ll probably be take a bad driving round or so before I take a serious look at the Max, but it’s interesting.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Corey Paul 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x