New $500 Flightscope personal launch monitor (MERGED)

Hi everyone. For a few days I'm using Mevo and I'm doing a lot of tests.

This is a wonderful launch monitor and the app is very good. However, I have some questions to ask who is using it. These days I had the opportunity to measure my shots with Indoor TrackMan 2 and then I tested Mevo and SwingByte2 at the same time.

I made a dozen shots with same ball and new, and I recorded shots (the same shots) with Mevo (setting on Outdoor) and swingByte at the same time. The strange thing, in my opinion, is that SwingByte gives me a head speed between 97 and 100 mph. The same shots, Mevo gives me about 5/6 mph more. I'm an instructor, I'm not very powerful, but I'm able of 10 shots with the driver in a very repetitive manner, and I hit the ball pretty well and centered. Some shots sounds really well, but I can never get a smash factor above 1.39.

Instead, a few minutes later I hit some shots with the trackman, the speed was pretty much the same as that of swing bytes, so less than me but the smash factor was almost always between 1.46 and 1.50. What do you think?

its 100% when all three blink

This is a wonderful launch monitor and the app is very good. However, I have some questions to ask who is using it. These days I had the opportunity to measure my shots with Indoor TrackMan 2 and then I tested Mevo and SwingByte2 at the same time.

I made a dozen shots with same ball and new, and I recorded shots (the same shots) with Mevo (setting on Outdoor) and swingByte at the same time. The strange thing, in my opinion, is that SwingByte gives me a head speed between 97 and 100 mph. The same shots, Mevo gives me about 5/6 mph more. I'm an instructor, I'm not very powerful, but I'm able of 10 shots with the driver in a very repetitive manner, and I hit the ball pretty well and centered. Some shots sounds really well, but I can never get a smash factor above 1.39.

Instead, a few minutes later I hit some shots with the trackman, the speed was pretty much the same as that of swing bytes, so less than me but the smash factor was almost always between 1.46 and 1.50. What do you think?

Clubhead speed measurement with the driver is known to be noisy/inaccurate. Something about the shape of the head which confuses the radar, I'm guessing. I've found CHS numbers with irons to be pretty good.

Clubhead speed measurement with the driver is known to be noisy/inaccurate. Something about the shape of the head which confuses the radar, I'm guessing. I've found CHS numbers with irons to be pretty good.

Ya, somebody said a few pages back that CHS +/- 3 to 4 mph is within flightscope tolerances for the mevo. Ballspeed is supposed to be MUCH closer. Just guessing, but I think mine is reading with 1 to 2 mph of actual, just seeing my ballspeeds and considering how crappy I have been striking the ball. Both CHS and BS have been pretty close to what I have been expecting it to spit out for #s.

I enjoy my mevo and find it accurate.

The club selection is used to calculate the spin without stickers (the measured launch angle in comparison to the assumed loft based on club selection.) A ball launched at 18* with pw selected will show more spin than if 5i was selected. If you have the wrong club selected, it won't work properly.

Par2Pro posted their new videos. Looks like they are still struggling with the Mevo but since they still are only allowing 6' of flight I'm not surprised. I don't use the stickers and all honestly care less about the spin rate anymore. I have been more focused on ball speed and distance and when I'm not hitting my number I check the launch angle. The Mevo is never going to fully compete with a GC2 or TM if your trying to do a driver fitting but I don't think it was ever intended for that purpose. I think you need to know your game first by going to the range with the Mevo. If your hitting low hooks or banana slices the Mevo doesn't know and has no way to factor it in. If you hit the ball fairly straight you will probably love it. I'm currently a 3.6hcp and know when I skunk a shot into the net and normally the numbers reflect it. I just delete the shot and move on so it doesn't ruin my averages. I would like to see FS do some videos with some Tour Pros to see how it works out. Who knows, maybe they have and it looks similar to p2p's!

Titleist TS3 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 60X
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70X
Titleist 816 H2 Aldila Rogue Silver 110 85X
Titleist T100 Project X 5.5
Titleist Vokey SM8 50/54/58 Project X 5.5 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Squareback 2
Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

It seems to be quite a bit off on launch with driver which is a key parameter for distance

Par2Pro posted their new videos. Looks like they are still struggling with the Mevo but since they still are only allowing 6' of flight I'm not surprised. I don't use the stickers and all honestly care less about the spin rate anymore. I have been more focused on ball speed and distance and when I'm not hitting my number I check the launch angle. The Mevo is never going to fully compete with a GC2 or TM if your trying to do a driver fitting but I don't think it was ever intended for that purpose. I think you need to know your game first by going to the range with the Mevo. If your hitting low hooks or banana slices the Mevo doesn't know and has no way to factor it in. If you hit the ball fairly straight you will probably love it. I'm currently a 3.6hcp and know when I skunk a shot into the net and normally the numbers reflect it. I just delete the shot and move on so it doesn't ruin my averages. I would like to see FS do some videos with some Tour Pros to see how it works out. Who knows, maybe they have and it looks similar to p2p's!

It seems to be quite a bit off on launch with driver which is a key parameter for distance

I was just going to ask about this. I was hitting a number of driver head/shaft combinations yesterday and was seeing launch numbers in the 20-25' range. That can't be right, ball flight was no different than usual. Previous sessions showed launch in the neighborhood of 14-17', which also seems a touch high but it's closer than 25'!

Stealth2+ 9 Atmos RWB 6x / MyStealth+ 9 Atmos Blue 6x | Stealth2+ 15, Ventus Red 8x
TI P770 2 | P770 3, P7MC 4-5, P7MB 6-9 / Miura 1957 4-9, $-Taper 125
TI MG3 46, 50, 54, $-Taper 125 | TI MG3 58 / HT 58, KBS Tour 120 SS
Mann Mini / Cameron CT, MC Smooth | TP5x | My WITB Thread

I was using mine yesterday at an outdoor grass range and had it set at 5' back from where I was hitting. I noticed with the voice being on that it takes a little bit longer in outdoor mode to make the call outs. I had a few people come over and check out the Mevo since it was calling out the yardages "even with volume on low" right when the ball would hit. I was hitting wedges to the 100 yard sign and a guy a few stalls down came over and was asking about the accuracy since it was calling out 96 yards with every ball the landed right at the sign. I handed him my laser to shoot the sign and it was 96.7 yards right from where I was hitting from. I can only remember 2 or 3 times where it didn't pick up my shot. Our range uses brand name golf balls since the 1st hole runs parallel to the range and I hit 2 or 3 balls that were 5 mph more ball speed then I'm used to hitting. Chrome soft + and B330 where the two I remember and the last one was a "Fuel" something and had a 160 mph ball speed and a 272 carry for me. I'm going to google it and see what I find cause the ball came off the driver very hot.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

I was just going to ask about this. I was hitting a number of driver head/shaft combinations yesterday and was seeing launch numbers in the 20-25' range. That can't be right, ball flight was no different than usual. Previous sessions showed launch in the neighborhood of 14-17', which also seems a touch high but it's closer than 25'!

I'm not sure if this makes a difference but I was still running v1.5 of the firmware on my device. I just updated it now, maybe that will help?

Stealth2+ 9 Atmos RWB 6x / MyStealth+ 9 Atmos Blue 6x | Stealth2+ 15, Ventus Red 8x

I'm not sure if this makes a difference but I was still running v1.5 of the firmware on my device. I just updated it now, maybe that will help?

1.6 eliminated a lot of the issues I was having. Does anyone know how to delete uploaded sessions on myflightscope.com? I would like to purge out my old sessions and start over.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

For anyone that is having issues getting their Mevo to talk to their phone, I may have solved my problem with my Blackberry Priv. I had a hunch about turning my GPS/Location Services on in addition to my bluetooth since my Fitbit for some strange reason it requires GPS to be on to be able to sync. Viola, my mevo talks to my priv now. I've had two calls with flightscope, one with sales and just today with tech support. I will definitely be sure to bring this up to them wednesday when they are supposed to call me again(as I figured this idea out 15 minutes after we hung up)to include this on future instructions and on the FAQ.

I did some research on the location/bluetooth thing and it appears to be something that Google introduced with the latest android version that has to do with the address tracking.

SIM 2 Max 9.0 turned 7.0
TM Sim2 Titaniu, 13.5
TM RBZ 19* hybrid

TM RBZ 22* hybrid
Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-PW
Vokey SM7 48* F Grind
Vokey SM7 54* F Grind
Vokey SM7 58* M Grind

1.6 eliminated a lot of the issues I was having. Does anyone know how to delete uploaded sessions on myflightscope.com? I would like to purge out my old sessions and start over.

That may have been my issue. 1.7 was working significantly better for me today than 1.5 was.

Seems like the 1.7 Firmware really polished up the Mevo. I have over 160 shots with it and not one miss. I have been using it more and more at the local range and really see the value at the driving range vs a net. Over winter I will probably buy a Skytrak for the main purpose of hitting into the net at the house. For portability the Mevo can not beat in the $500 market.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

After reading all the reviews & comments.....................Finally made purchase last night.

My main use will be for outdoor at Range and or on course, therefore side spin and or ball direction was not a major factor for myself.

Currently away at work and will have to wait until this time next week to get my hands on it.

Has anyone heard or read any future updates for the MEVO ? I was thinking putting capabilities more than any ?

After reading all the reviews & comments.....................Finally made purchase last night.

My main use will be for outdoor at Range and or on course, therefore side spin and or ball direction was not a major factor for myself.

Currently away at work and will have to wait until this time next week to get my hands on it.

Has anyone heard or read any future updates for the MEVO ? I was thinking putting capabilities more than any ?

The only major future update I've heard is in the works is a skills app.

Just wanted to post a brief update now that I've had some time to work with the new firmware (v1.7).

I recently obtained a set of Srixon z765 (4-6), z965 (7-PW) and have recently been tweaking the lofts to get my yardage gaps nailed down. I still have a little work to do but I'm getting much closer. Thus far, these distances have been translating to the course very well.

I went 1.25' weaker in the 9i so I'm hoping that those gaps normalize out. Went a bit stronger in the 4i as well. Long story short, 3' gaps in the long irons is simply not ideal for me (especially since I'm aiming for 15y gaps in the long irons) so the search for a z765 3i head is on! Alternatively, I could go a touch weaker in the long irons for consistent 12y gaps across the board. We'll see how the 15y gaps work on the course first.

The Mevo makes quick and easy work of this. I've done distance gapping in a number of ways over the years and this is, by far, the most convenient. I do wish that the Flightscope website was a little more flexible though. To get the data that I really want, over a long period of time, I've simply been tracking the data that I care about in my own spreadsheet to generate the numbers in the attachments.

Just wanted to post a brief update now that I've had some time to work with the new firmware (v1.7).

I recently obtained a set of Srixon z765 (4-6), z965 (7-PW) and have recently been tweaking the lofts to get my yardage gaps nailed down. I still have a little work to do but I'm getting much closer. Thus far, these distances have been translating to the course very well.

I went 1.25' weaker in the 9i so I'm hoping that those gaps normalize out. Went a bit stronger in the 4i as well. Long story short, 3' gaps in the long irons is simply not ideal for me (especially since I'm aiming for 15y gaps in the long irons) so the search for a z765 3i head is on! Alternatively, I could go a touch weaker in the long irons for consistent 12y gaps across the board. We'll see how the 15y gaps work on the course first.

The Mevo makes quick and easy work of this. I've done distance gapping in a number of ways over the years and this is, by far, the most convenient. I do wish that the Flightscope website was a little more flexible though. To get the data that I really want, over a long period of time, I've simply been tracking the data that I care about in my own spreadsheet to generate the numbers in the attachments.

After every range session where I use my Mevo I actually feel like I accomplished something and have data to review. I just recently picked up a set of Nippon Modus 120x shafts and just reshafted my 7 iron to test. I can already see that after a few shots that my launch angle came down 5 degrees over my Tour V's. The KBS is supposed to be a low launch shaft but for whatever reason they don't work in the AP2 head. I still want a Skytrak but I will most likely order the 718 AP2's with the Modus 120x instead and keep using the Mevo. It has finally become a tool like my Bushnell Laser. Simple to setup and collect data and built like a hockey puck.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

After every range session where I use my Mevo I actually feel like I accomplished something and have data to review. I just recently picked up a set of Nippon Modus 120x shafts and just reshafted my 7 iron to test. I can already see that after a few shots that my launch angle came down 5 degrees over my Tour V's. The KBS is supposed to be a low launch shaft but for whatever reason they don't work in the AP2 head. I still want a Skytrak but I will most likely order the 718 AP2's with the Modus 120x instead and keep using the Mevo. It has finally become a tool like my Bushnell Laser. Simple to setup and collect data and built like a hockey puck.

I couldn't agree more. As nice as it would be to have some club data like you can get with a Trackman, I still feel that the Mevo has really helped improve my practice. I really appreciate just how small/light it is too.

I got to test out the Nippon Modus 120x in my AP2 7 iron yesterday on the Mevo and got data back from my session. My launch angle was about the same over my KBS Tour V's but spin went up almost 1000 rpm. Ball speeds were 2-3mph less overall with the Modus also. Modus felt ok but just wasn't getting the numbers. My best shots with the Modus were my normal shots with the Tour V.After 2 dozen balls into the net I had my answer about the Modus and it wasn't going to be. DG 120 will be the next one I try.

Nippon Modus 3 120x Soft Stepped

IMG_4783.png

KBS Tour V 110 Stiff

IMG_4785.png

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Has anyone else noticed a change in the http://myflightscope.com dashboard.

I just came back from holiday and went to look at a new session from last night and noticed that when I now click on a session in the dashboard I no longer only see shots from that session, rather I see all shots from all sessions.

This has some positives and negatives. Positive is I can now see my average for all clubs across all sessions. This was something I always wanted and was doing manually in excel. The negative is I can no longer track trends.

Given a choice I would like to be able to look at individual sessions and have a new link to look at all shots in all sessions separately.

Anyone else seeing this or is it just me or a browser problem?

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Frankfurt

Has anyone else noticed a change in the http://myflightscope.com dashboard.

I just came back from holiday and went to look at a new session from last night and noticed that when I now click on a session in the dashboard I no longer only see shots from that session, rather I see all shots from all sessions.

This has some positives and negatives. Positive is I can now see my average for all clubs across all sessions. This was something I always wanted and was doing manually in excel. The negative is I can no longer track trends.

Given a choice I would like to be able to look at individual sessions and have a new link to look at all shots in all sessions separately.

Anyone else seeing this or is it just me or a browser problem?

I have been talking back and forth with one of the developers on the Facebook page about this. I was originally asking about being able to delete my old sessions or atleast discard shots that affect your averages. Now all my shots show up under every new session. Pretty annoying with this bug on the website. I have been doing some head and shaft testing and wanted to compare sessions and have to do it through the app now cause the website is useless. I did come across a combo of 716cb and 120 Stiff Ctapers that was pure magic for me. First combo that made me say, "yep" time to sell the AP2's!

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6