Ping G400 Drivers

GolfWRX

Full tour van experience fitting Sat,..please dear God don't tell my wife. I love my G but HATE 460 heads. Most forgiving driver I've ever owned. If this is the same, but smaller or in any way better. Cha...ching.

PING G430 LST 10* Tensei 1K Pro Orange 50S

PING G430 LST 3Wd 16.0* Fujikura XLR8 61

PING iCrossover Ventus Blue HB 7R

PING i525 4-PW Mitsubishi OTi 105 Stiff

Edel 47* TRP/54* DVR/58* DVR KBS CTaper Lite 110 Stiff

PING PLD DZB Proto

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DiscountDans sells Ping again, great folks to work with.

Placed my LST with HZDUS Yellow, hope combo works.

Dang it, I wish I didn't see this, haha! Seriously considering giving the G400/Tour 65 S combo a go sight unseen.

Why sight unseen, every dealer I've been to has all the the $399 and $429 (tour) options and a few even have all the $75 options in demos (mostly S and X in those upcharges). Plus if they have a fitting cart they have all of those shafts and some $300 exotic shafts as well..

Sight unseen because fitting options in Hawaii are somewhat....limited :(

We feel for you....lol

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

My fitter got the G400 drivers in yesterday. I popped in at lunch to give the G400 LS a try and fell in love. The ball feels amazing off the face and I was hitting everything down the middle with very little sidespin. I can't say it's the longest driver I've hit but its the best combination of forgiveness and feel, while maintaing great distance I've seen in any driver so far. I'll take 280 down the middle with consistency vs my current driver that will go 290-300 on one hole, followed by a 230 yard duck hook on the next hole.

When you checked out your current driver at lunch, before you bought it, where you hitting duck hooks with it?

Yep, I warmed up with my current driver first. I smoked a few down the middle with it 290 and then duck hooked a few that went nowhere carry wise, followed by a big block to the right to compensate. I hit 12 balls with the Ping G400 LS and had none of those issues. The problems I had with my current driver are consistent with what I see on the course and range. I'm telling you these new Ping drivers are really forgiving, even in the LS head.

I meant before you bought your current driver. My point was, you probably hit the driver you have now well before you bought it or you probably would not have bought it......I could be wrong of course.........I hit this driver by the way, and did not see any improvement over the G except the sound.

Finally got to hit these today. G spun too much, but that's what I expected. LST was great. Hit some bombs with 4-5 mph more ball speed. Loved the sound compared to the old baseball bats. Tour 65x was probably a tad too stout. Might need the 65s or 65s tipped a 1/2" or so. Intrigued to say the least.

Ping G425 Max 9*, Aldila Rogue White 70s

Titleist TS3 4 wood, Diamana Kal’li 70s

New Level 902 PD, PX 6.5

Mizuno S18 50*, PX 6.5

Cleveland CBX2 54*, DG s400 TI

Callaway MD4 58*, DG s400 

Odyssey White Hot OG 7CH

I have not seen these drivers yet. Curious to know if the Tour 65 shaft for the G400 is the same Tour 65 in the G, G30?

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

Is the adaptor the same in the G400 as the G?

yeah, adapters the same as G

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

This could be the driver to knock the D2 from the bag. i really can't wait to test it and love the more muted sound everyone is talking about. It seems there is more hype than previous Ping driver offerings... it does look bad a** IMHO.

Driver...TBD

3 wood... TBD

Ping G430 #3 hybrid with RDX red 80 

Srixon ZX MK 11 #3 Utility iron 

Wilson Staff CB 4-PW with DG mid 115 

Wedges... TBD

Scotty Cameron Champions choice Newport 2+ @ 34 inches

Pro V1 

Dang it, I wish I didn't see this, haha! Seriously considering giving the G400/Tour 65 S combo a go sight unseen.

Why sight unseen, every dealer I've been to has all the the $399 and $429 (tour) options and a few even have all the $75 options in demos (mostly S and X in those upcharges). Plus if they have a fitting cart they have all of those shafts and some $300 exotic shafts as well..

Yup, I'm in the same boat. Called around to Roger Dunn, golftec, aloha golf, nobody will have anything till the end of the month at the earliest. Really thinking about just buying it blind and adjusting it once it gets here.

Yup, I'm in the same boat. Called around to Roger Dunn, golftec, aloha golf, nobody will have anything till the end of the month at the earliest. Really thinking about just buying it blind and adjusting it once it gets here.

Roger Dunn in Pearl City has them. I figured they'd only have a couple stock options, but a buddy of mine was in there earlier and said he tried them with several different shafts. I plan on checking them out this weekend!

:ping-small: G430 Max 9º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 6F4
:cobra-small: LTDx 3W 15º | UST LIN-Q M40X TSPX Blue 7F4
:ping-small: G425 3H 19º | UST Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F4
:mizuno-small: Pro 243 4-PW | UST Recoil 125 Proto F4
:cleveland-small: RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50º Mid, 54º Mid, 60º Mid | UST Recoil Wedge Proto F4
:EVNROLL: ER5BV | BGT Stability Tour
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X

Too bad WRX doesn't have any 92-94 mph swingers who have tried these.

It's pretty hard to find anybody that hits it less than 280 here. I had to get a special posting exemption because I don't drive the ball over 220. :)

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

My fitter got the G400 drivers in yesterday. I popped in at lunch to give the G400 LS a try and fell in love. The ball feels amazing off the face and I was hitting everything down the middle with very little sidespin. I can't say it's the longest driver I've hit but its the best combination of forgiveness and feel, while maintaing great distance I've seen in any driver so far. I'll take 280 down the middle with consistency vs my current driver that will go 290-300 on one hole, followed by a 230 yard duck hook on the next hole.

When you checked out your current driver at lunch, before you bought it, where you hitting duck hooks with it?

Yep, I warmed up with my current driver first. I smoked a few down the middle with it 290 and then duck hooked a few that went nowhere carry wise, followed by a big block to the right to compensate. I hit 12 balls with the Ping G400 LS and had none of those issues. The problems I had with my current driver are consistent with what I see on the course and range. I'm telling you these new Ping drivers are really forgiving, even in the LS head.

I meant before you bought your current driver. My point was, you probably hit the driver you have now well before you bought it or you probably would not have bought it......I could be wrong of course.........I hit this driver by the way, and did not see any improvement over the G except the sound.

Ah...okay, I understand. When I bought my current driver I was only considering the quality strikes. I wasn't considering how it performed when I didn't strike the middle. It was a terrible approach. With the Ping G400, I hit some shots off the toe and heel, sometimes low on the face, that still performed really well. I was considering the forgiveness factor this time over how far the longest drives went. Another words, I was an idiot chasing distance with my last driver, and now I'm over that and thinking about keeping the ball in play more often. Just for reference, I hit the Ping G LS Tec about a year ago and it also performed really well, but I hated the sound, and it wasn't the longest driver so I stayed away. Performance wise, like you, I'm not convinced the G400 is a massive improvement, but it definitely sounds and feels amazing now, which is a really important factor to me when considering clubs. That's why I play forged irons. I like my clubs to feel a certain way.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* w/Mitsubishi Diamana GT 60S
Titleist TSR2 15* w/VA Composites Nemesys 75S
Taylormade Stealth 2 Hybrid 19* w/VA Composites Nemesys 90S
Callaway Rogue ST Pro 4-PW w/Project X LZ 6.5
Titleist SM9 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/Project X LZ 6.0
Edel EAS 2.0 Putter
Vice Pro

It's pretty hard to find anybody that hits it less than 280 here. I had to get a special posting exemption because I don't drive the ball over 220. :)

I hear you. I'm only a 230 carry guy and I had to get a special belt clip when I post so I could get past security..

Ping G430 Max Ventus TR Red Velocore 6R
Titleist TSR 2 3wood Tensei S

Callaway Apex UW 21 Hazardous Smoke 5.5
Mizuno MP 243 5-GW C-Taper Lite R
Mizuno S23 51

Mizuno S22 54

Edel SMS 58
Toulon Daytona StrokeLab 35"

Never owned a ping driver, this might be the first one 400 LST , spec/d loft

Anyone with about 112-115 SS , spin rates???? Im thinking 8.5* , my shaft choice is usually a ADDI 8x , I do like the 57* listed lie angle

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

bbd83512f897b408f0173ca8d8150f3b.jpg

G400 lst and G LS side by side. Not sure if the pic shows it, but the g400 lst is considerably more compact front to back.

davo did you get similar results again?

I did. I went back yesterday to see if it was a fluke. It wasn't. Needless to say I've got one on the way!

Thanks for that. I've been worried since I visited. Was thinking no way its that big of a jump form the GLS. They got me on the hook too. Thanks again for reconfirming previous results.

I hear you. I'm only a 230 carry guy and I had to get a special belt clip when I post so I could get past security..

Hi. My Golfwrx ID is Konklifer and I drive the ball less than 300 yds.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

Going kinda crazy with DD not taking my order. Really want to get it in but they said they can't take any X-Torsion orders yet

Driver: Ping G410 LST (Diamana ZF)
5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Ventus Blue HB)
or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

Has anyone hit this with the x torsion ping is offering? What was the flight like.

Anyone seen dispersion difference between the standard and lst?

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

Has anyone hit this with the x torsion ping is offering? What was the flight like.

There is quite a large thread about it. X-Torsion Copperhead is on the first page in this Tour forum

Hi Konklifer!

Welcome to the ODD (Ordinary Driving Distance) support group. Just to get you acquainted, over the next few pages others who also have ODD syndrome will be sharing their stories. Also we want you to know that we are here for you 24/7, which ODDly enough is the same as the top driving distance in this group. (Just a fun fact to break the ice.) So if you find yourself on the tee facing a situation where you have to choose either trying to hit 275 to clear the water hazard or hear the snickering of other players in your group for laying up... put the driver down... get out your phone and call. We're there to help you know it's alright, dry those sweaty palms, take a breath and hit your normal 220-250 yard drive to lay up. Too often in this kind of situation ODD golfers have pressured themselves in trying to swing to the point where their heart starts to palpitate, their breathing becomes abnormal and they find themselves suffering from a very serious condition known as CHF. Yes, I am talking about Can't Hit Fairways disease. Don't let this happen you. Relax. Remember you are not alone. There are over 200,000 ODD golfers nation wide and we're here to help!

Going kinda crazy with DD not taking my order. Really want to get it in but they said they can't take any X-Torsion orders yet

bbd83512f897b408f0173ca8d8150f3b.jpg

G400 lst and G LS side by side. Not sure if the pic shows it, but the g400 lst is considerably more compact front to back.

davo did you get similar results again?

I did. I went back yesterday to see if it was a fluke. It wasn't. Needless to say I've got one on the way!

Thanks for that. I've been worried since I visited. Was thinking no way its that big of a jump form the GLS. They got me on the hook too. Thanks again for reconfirming previous results.

I thought the same thing. That's why I went back lol.

Nothing is safe in my bag!

Just did a full bag fitting with PING, the G400 driver, hybrids, and fairway were unbelievable. I ordered a G400 LS Tec with hzrdus yellow shaft, I was 108mph swing speed and averaged 290 with it. I wanted to go lighter shaft with irons but I guess I have absurdly high spin rates, one of my 7 iron I blade shots were just shy of 10500, I have no idea why I'm spinning the ball so much with my irons and driver. I did wind up with the i200 coming from S56..

Titleist T150 Irons

Titleist U505 4 Utility
Titleist Tsi2 Driver
Ping G425 5 Wood
Ping G425 7 Wood
Titleist SM9 48, 54, 58 Wedges
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11

There is quite a large thread about it. X-Torsion Copperhead is on the first page in this Tour forum

Yes I'm reading that one. Some of the reviews said it was low launch while ping shows it as mid.

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

Just did a full bag fitting with PING, the G400 driver, hybrids, and fairway were unbelievable. I ordered a G400 LS Tec with hzrdus yellow shaft, I was 108mph swing speed and averaged 290 with it. I wanted to go lighter shaft with irons but I guess I have absurdly high spin rates, one of my 7 iron I blade shots were just shy of 10500, I have no idea why I'm spinning the ball so much with my irons and driver. I did wind up with the i200 coming from S56..

Did you get the fairways and hybrids? How did they compare to your current clubs.

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

Gotcha. Those are obviously hard to quantify and no clue what they use to determine the rating on that. In the TB thread it does show it launches quite a bit higher than most

Hi Konklifer!

Welcome to the ODD (Ordinary Driving Distance) support group. Just to get you acquainted, over the next few pages others who also have ODD syndrome will be sharing their stories. Also we want you to know that we are here for you 24/7, which ODDly enough is the same as the top driving distance in this group. (Just a fun fact to break the ice.) So if you find yourself on the tee facing a situation where you have to choose either trying to hit 275 to clear the water hazard or hear the snickering of other players in your group for laying up... put the driver down... get out your phone and call. We're there to help you know it's alright, dry those sweaty palms, take a breath and hit your normal 220-250 yard drive to lay up. Too often in this kind of situation ODD golfers have pressured themselves in trying to swing to the point where their heart starts to palpitate, their breathing becomes abnormal and they find themselves suffering from a very serious condition known as CHF. Yes, I am talking about Can't Hit Fairways disease. Don't let this happen you. Relax. Remember you are not alone. There are over 200,000 ODD golfers nation wide and we're here to help!

Brilliant...I've had to perfect my short game to keep up with all of those long hitters out there as well as medicate my ODD symptoms for the last 50 years. So excited to know there are others of us out there. Thank God for Ping and bless you.