RECAP: Titleist ProV1 Experience Thread, July 12-13. Behind the scenes at Titleist Headquarters!

What an awesome experience, the pictures and insights are brilliant as well, they only bad thing about this thread is my growing envy at you guys getting to go on it.

Way to go Titleist and way to go WRX for organising this.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, I plan to post a 2nd review re-capping day 2 and an overall experience of the trip (It was a little more eventful for myself than some others, which I'll get into lol) but I was wondering if anyone reading this had any specific questions regarding our time there. I'd be happy to try and answer any of them as part off my re-cap, just post here or send me a message and I'll do my best to answer when I write up my final post.

-Mike Dubecky

what was the most surprising thing of the trip? the way the ball is made, the science behind it? maybe something you thought you knew but didn't?

I was thinking how great a trip we all had with Titleist Pro V1 Experience and how to express it all to the WRX community. I don't think I will be able to remember everything, but here goes... First off many thanks go out to ROB (aka HipCheck) for putting this trip together, but he had a little help thanks to Eric and Veronica who were with us every step of the way. The entire staff at Titleist make us all feel welcome and we all felt they couldn't wait to tell us their story. Being in sales as a profession, I know the importance of relationships and product confidence. They all are the reason Titleist is the #1 ball in golf. I'm not going to drink the cool aide and you shouldn't either, but listen to their story and I'll let you make that choice.

Night 1: I met Rob and Rob (Broth518) in the lobby and we headed out for a few pops and a bite. We later met up with Ryan (Ryail00) and Karl (Karl M), we all had a nice, but quick night, a little tired from the travel and anticipation of what was to come the next two days.

Day 1: We all met in the lobby and had a quick breakfast meeting talking nothing but GOLF!!! I know our wives were happy not to be

there..LOL. On the travel coach and off to the ball plant. Quick tour of the lobby and 30 minute history lesson and agenda review. Then our tour with the people who create the magic. We all saw the machines, samples, raw materials and met the engineers. There were 3 walls of patents and they were a year behind in posting. They all had a story of what makes Titleist the #1 ball in the game. All the people I met that day wanted to answer all of our questions and show us a great time, ( we did).

My favorite stop was with the engineer who cut up all the competitors product and analyzed it. He could tell where, when and what was in each ball. Warning cool aide stop: He explained that only three manufactures in the world controlled all of the manufacturing process, but only one was exclusive to their brand, that's right Titleist. They can control the entire process and that produces the #1 ball played ball in golf. He had a wall of balls from all over the world and he had analyzed each one. One section had 17 different brands, all at different price points, but one common characteristic...THEY WERE ALL THE SAME BALL.. Now I'm starting to drink a little more..LOL...

Now off to hit a few shots at Manchester Lane Test Facility in Acushnet, MA. This was a blast, they flew in the east cost ball fitting team for the experience. They had a short game area where you could hit 90 -100 wedge shots, bunker shots and pitches from some of the nastiest northeast rough I've ever seen. Oh I forgot they had a trackman set up for us to view distance and spin..How cool that was. Then it was off to the actual ball fitting experience with a fitter and trackman. They asked us to hit a few 50 yard wedges, 7 irons and a few drivers. After I buried a few wedges into the ground and started laughing, I did get a couple of shots into the air. This was a Geeks heaven!!! We then got to order some personalized balls from the custom department, but more of that later.

We had a little 3 hole competition in teams of 2. I don't think any of us have been that uncomfortable on a golf course in a long time. Everyone hit good drives off that first tee. I smoked mine ( for me) and then saw my partner Mike (swgolf12) smoke it 40 past me.....Oh to be young again..Great drive Mike...we had a great time and congrats to Jason (longballjs) and Karl (Karl M) on their win...Good job guys. It was hot and muggy so a little break inside to watch a little demonstration with Iron Byron and some golf balls with dimple defects. We got to experience how a ball reacts with no dimples, half dimples and how an average PGA pro launches their drive. Back to the hotel to clean up and off to the Black Whale (? name) for a great dinner with new friends and a lot of banter about the day.

As you can see we had a great day and one more to come. I'll post day 2 later and some pics from the trip.

Ping g430 10K w/ Ventus Red 6-S

TaylorMade iq10 3 Wood w/ TD-70-S

TaylorMade Stage2 Tour 19* Fujikura Tour Spec VC 6.2

Mizuno Fli hi 4-w/Steelfiber 80-S

Mizuno 225, 5-PW with Modus 105-S

SM8. 52* & 58* TM High Toe

Lab Mezz...46”

Jones Players Bag
Titleist ProV1/ 

so you are saying every other ball in the world is the same, except for titleist? they just have different names on the cover?

No just the samples that were there. We were told that there are a total of 25 world wide that are sold under different names, but are the same. The engineer was only able to purchase 17 at this time. Not every ball is the same, but this was an example of what some distributors are doing. Hope this helps.

Ping g430 10K w/ Ventus Red 6-S

TaylorMade iq10 3 Wood w/ TD-70-S

TaylorMade Stage2 Tour 19* Fujikura Tour Spec VC 6.2

Mizuno Fli hi 4-w/Steelfiber 80-S

Mizuno 225, 5-PW with Modus 105-S

SM8. 52* & 58* TM High Toe

Lab Mezz...46”

Jones Players Bag
Titleist ProV1/ 

so you are saying every other ball in the world is the same, except for titleist? they just have different names on the cover?

No not at all. There are some balls -- these are with much market share, most in Asia market -- that have different brand markings, but are actually the same underneath. Not "top secret". You just need to cut the ball in half and you'll see they're exactly the same. It's pretty crazy to see.

Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
 Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

No just the samples that were there. We were told that there are a total of 25 world wide that are sold under different names, but are the same. The engineer was only able to purchase 17 at this time. Not every ball is the same, but this was an example of what some distributors are doing. Hope this helps.

its not shocking, but thanks it definitely helps,,,,,

The tours of the R & D facility, the outdoor testing facility, the customization facility and manufacturing plant were all encompassing. We saw every step of the process from the mixing of raw materials to the final packaging.

For me, the most fascinating part of the tour was the very detailed comparisons between Titleist and other manufacturers balls. I was stunned by what we were told and the details that we were shown. All golfers would find the information quite fascinating, but because we agreed, not to disclose the details of what we were told or what we saw, I won't go into details.

I've toured a silicone manufacturing plant that mixes chemicals and materials in much the same way as Titleist does. The silicone plant was pretty filthy even after being cleaned up just for the open house tours. All of the Titleist facilities are amazingly clean. The shipping dock / warehouse area is the only area that wasn't just as clean if not cleaner than my office complex.

The Titleist employees leading our tours, not only knew every detail of the processes they were explaining, but also all of their employees names along the way. Every Titleist employee that spoke with us, conveyed their pride in the finished product and the passion they had in their individual area of expertise. Every question that was presented by someone in the group, was answered completely and without hesitation. If we had any engineers or chemists in our group, we would still be there having questions answered

The most common adjective that we heard from the people leading our tours and doing our fittings was the word QUALITY.

There are quality control checks at every step of the manufacturing process. It was abundantly clear that money was no object when it came to quality control and testing.

Any company in any type of business would be envious of the culture that is shared by the Titleist employees. Titleist has programs in place to discourage their employees from having unhealthy lifestyles. There seems to be a family like comradery between workers. Management seems genuinely concerned with their workers well being from a personal standpoint, which indirectly provides financial benefits for the company. The employees benefit from the convenience of fitness centers and chiropractors at the facility.

The plant tours showed me more of the science that goes into making a ball, than I would have ever thought possible. If Titleist routinely offered tours of their plants, I'm sure that golfers would make the pilgrimage to their plant. I doubt it will ever happen due to the distractions it causes to the workers, the lack of space for that many extra people on the work floor, and also due to the proprietary information that Titleist would prefer to keep private.

The professional ball fitters that worked with us, are the same people who go out on the road to do ball fittings. These are fairly readily available, and I would urge anyone to participate if given the opportunity. The measurement of a few half swing wedge shots, mid iron swings, and driver swings provide the fitters with the information needed to recommend a ball. For me, the ProV1X would be the most beneficial across the board in all three types of swings. I think that the majority of our group was fitted into the Pro V1.

After having been to golf ball nirvana and drank the Kool-Aid, I have bought enough ProV1x's to last the rest of the season. With a 12.5 index will it make a huge difference in my scores, probably not. I do expect my index to drop a point or two just from playing the same ball ALL of the time. I won't be using my supply of new balls, when tee shots are sinking underground in wet fairways and rough, But, I will used some older Pro V's or X's that I have left over from the last couple years. Starting tomorrow. I will be playing X's. Up until now I would often switch from a urethane ball to a distance 2 piece ball and back and forth during a round. The switching made chipping and pitching a bit more inconsistent.

Anyone else care for a little Kool-Aid? :drinks:

G400Max 10.5 Driver Red Velocore 6S
G410 5 Wood Tensei Orange stiff
Ping G410 Hybrid 22* & 26* Evenflo Black 6.0 stiff

Ping G Gap-6 iron Steelfiber i95 R.flex

Ping Anser 52* Steelfiber i95 R.flex
Cleveland CBX 56* Steelfiber i95 R fles
Callaway X Tour 59.5* Steelfiber i95 R.flex
Scotty Newport 2,  prov1x, Motocaddy M1

Great reading and congrats on an amazing experience!

IG Handle: @tarheelnation3

What's in the bag:

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond w/ Ventus Velocore Blue 6s

Fairway Wood: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 3 wood w/ Ventus Velocore Red 7s

Hybrid/Utility Wood: Taylormade Stealth+ 5 wood w/ Ventus Velocore Red 7s

Irons: Srixon ZX7/ZX5 Mk II w/ Nippon Modus 115 LE Black Shafts

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore Raw 50/55/60 w/ Nippon Modus 120

Putters: Scotty Cameron 009 Aloha (and many others)

Great Trip Boys!!! Enjoy the fruits of your testing later!!

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9.0 VA Composites Nemesys 65 04
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15 VA Composites Nemesys 75 04
Callaway Mavrik Pro Hybrid 18* Veylix Rome 888 S
Callaway 2019 Apex Pro DOT 4-PW Mits MMT 125 TX/ Vega Mizar Tour Oban CT 115 X
Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

Really it's not different than any other industry. 90% of all sunglasses are made at the same factory globally just as an example. TV's also are mass produced under different names at the same location. Basically it just means Titlleist has not outsourced their ball manufacturing yet. What the engineers do with layers and dimple patterns make each ball have different characteristics.

On a side note, doesn't Bridgestone have their own ball making facility as well?

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

That deep orange bag is outstanding....what is that?

Thanks!

It's a Scotty cameron orange stand bag. Everyday gamer. I've never had a bag be the subject of so many questions. It is pretty cool. So I decided that it was going to be my everyday bag. No need to keep it locked in my basement. Tools not jewels.

Ping G400 Max AD IZ 6s
2016 TI M2 HL AD IZ 7s
M2 4h AD DI 8s
Ping G400 5hy ADDI 9s
718 TMB 6-Gap Modus 130s
Scratch 53 Modus 125
Scratch 57 Modus 125
PXG 03x 60* Modus 125

Scotty Cameron Custom 009 HHH

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/982109-joes-witb-set-for-2014-update-2015/#entry10682349"]WITB Link[/url]

Also, I asked about the Kirkland. Yeah, the big elephant in the room. And while it was rumored that it was a Pro V1 with different logo it's actually made up of 2 layers of the TM ball and 2 layers of another ball. They had a room full of literally every ball known. They've spent over $68,000 in buying competitors balls and $35,000 in buying their own ball. So instead of taking balls from their plants, they buy them from stores just like the competitors. Then they slice them open and do research. From that info theycan tell you what factory it was made from etc. it's pretty amazing.

Also, those small letters on the balls helps them indentify what ball it is just in case something happens before it's imprinted with the logo.

Ping G400 Max AD IZ 6s
2016 TI M2 HL AD IZ 7s
M2 4h AD DI 8s
Ping G400 5hy ADDI 9s
718 TMB 6-Gap Modus 130s
Scratch 53 Modus 125
Scratch 57 Modus 125
PXG 03x 60* Modus 125

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/982109-joes-witb-set-for-2014-update-2015/#entry10682349"]WITB Link[/url]

Really it's not different than any other industry. 90% of all sunglasses are made at the same factory globally just as an example. TV's also are mass produced under different names at the same location. Basically it just means Titlleist has not outsourced their ball manufacturing yet. What the engineers do with layers and dimple patterns make each ball have different characteristics.

On a side note, doesn't Bridgestone have their own ball making facility as well?

Only 3 companies make their own balls. Titleist , Bridgestone and Srixon. So to answer your question, yes.

Ping G400 Max AD IZ 6s
2016 TI M2 HL AD IZ 7s
M2 4h AD DI 8s
Ping G400 5hy ADDI 9s
718 TMB 6-Gap Modus 130s
Scratch 53 Modus 125
Scratch 57 Modus 125
PXG 03x 60* Modus 125

I must say, that this experience was amazing. Huge thanks to WRX, Rob, Titleist, and the dozens of employees that took care of us over the 2 days, especially Eric and Veronica. One major takeaway is how this huge corporation is run like a small business. Every higher up knew the names of factory workers. Everyone is so proud of their longevity and is eager to let you know how many years they have been with the company. They take employee healthcare very serious from nutritionists to chiropractors in house. Every employee seemed genuinely happy to work there and be a part of the family.

I should start this off by making it clear that I was formerly a pure Titleist loyalist with 14/14 clubs, ball, hat, and shoes all Titleist/Footjoy. In the last year I have switched balls, driver, and putter. This experience reaffirmed why I once chose Titleist for my entire game, and why I will be going back in due course.

DAY 1

TITLEIST R & D

After meeting everyone and having breakfast we boarded the bus and headed to Titleist R & D. (I wasn't able to go out the night before as some perfectly timed road construction turned my 3.5 hour drive into a 5.5 hour drive). When you walk in, you are basically greeted with a pro shop amount of Titleist/Footjoy goods in the lobby.

First, we had a brief presentation about the history of Titleist. I was amazed to learn how poor the quality and consistency of old balls were and how the company was founded. Its founder, Phil Young, missed a putt, blamed the ball, xrayed it to confirm that it was not his fault and it turned out that the core was not centered or round. He decided he could make a consistent and better ball...and thus Titleist. They still X-ray every ball that leaves their facility to this day.

We then broke into groups for tours of the R & D facility. CTSpinDoctor and I were led on our tour by Matt Hodge, one of the senior members of the R & D team and boy was he knowledgeable and passionate about his job and his company. First we went to their ball research area (the ball room) where they check, compare, and monitor their competitors balls for infringement. Balls are examined in more ways, inside and out, than I thought possible.

We walked from room to room of the facility through hallways lined with patents for various ball designs. Some with multiple layers (7 layers), huge dimples, tiny dimples, odd shaped dimples, and countless others. The halls were so full of framed patents and they still had a year and a half worth of patents to find space for. I think this may have been one of the most impressive parts of the tour. The amount of times brilliant engineers need to fail before they can find the next prov1 or even improve on the old one, is really amazing. Everything is done in pursuit of the next best golf ball.

We saw their small scale operations as to how they create prototype balls in their earliest stages. From their design, to the rubber for the cores, and explanations as to how its made and where it comes from, to the molds for the cores, the veneer put on and the paint on top of that. once they get a design they like, they start with small batch runs of the balls and graduate to much larger runs to let tour pros and others test in those famed white boxes.

MANCHESTER LANE TEST FACILITY

We then arrived at Manchester Lane, a state of the art test facility that was as well groomed as any country club, with a 90 yard long dead flat putting green, a pristine practice tee, a terrific short game area, and a few short practice holes. When we arrived, we walked first to the short game area where Spider, the short game robot was testing.

It was quite amazing to see how many items related to production and testing that titleist creates. When a machine does 98 percent of what they want, they don't ever simply deal with it and make due, they say how do we build a machine that gets us that other two percent, be it machines in the ball creation process, components in the ball creation process, or items used in testing such as their iron byrons or the machines used to calculate and evaluate data from testing.

We then walked back past the tee only to see some very sweet personalized Den Caddies. We went inside to see how they test balls, and a very interesting presentation from Rich Daprato about what they look for, how they test, how they eliminate variables etc. We then went back outside to hit balls and warm up. 4 guys then went to the short game area and four of us stayed on the tee for trackman fittings.

I am a high ball high spin player and used to play the lower spin but higher launch x as it was better than adding spin with lower launch with the prov1. I recently switched to the b330 which I thought was a good combination of spin and launch. After the track man session it was clear that the prov1 was the better ball for me. It really took me by surprise but the lower launch and lowered spin of the new v was perfect.

I asked if they had flipped the designs and names. The answer was no, the x is still a similar ball to the previous generation, but the v had the spin reduced on full shots but still a soft cover for short game.

After we ate lunch, I went off to the short game area and hit a large amount of 50 yard pitches with both balls. I preferred the feel and sound of the x but the v results were dead on with just the perfect balance of spin. I then went back on a trackman for a series of 90 yard pitches and confirmed that the v was a better ball for me all around.

We then went back to the iron Byron for a demonstration on the aerodynamic effects of dimples. First the robot hit 3 or 4 smoked dead straight 300 yard drives. The first non-normal ball was a prov with no dimples, basically a small cue ball. The same robot with the same swing hit a 120 yard 15 foot high knuckleball. Then a ball with had normal dimples and half no dimples. When the dimples were placed to the left or right, it produced a 15 foot high knuckle duck hook or snap slice. Then they had a ball with varied dimple depths and angles. They hit two shots and one was a long high snap hook and the other a long high slice. I know I'll be a lot quicker to pull a ball out of play after seeing what a few dimples can do to a perfectly struck ball.

Next, we had a 3 hole tournament. The first was a 375 par 4 which my team (Karl M) made par. The second hole was a 208 par 3 onto the flat putting green. I took out my trusty 909h and hit it to about 10 feet, though I sadly hit the putt only 9 feet.

The 3rd hole was the hardest hole I've ever played. (You can see the tees in the background above). A 76 yard dead straight putt. It wasn't just hard hitting the putt with the right pace, but I was terrified of taking a chunk out of a never before used pristine green at Titleist's facility. I topped my putt about 40 yards, hit my next putt to 10 feet and made the 10 footer. Karl and I won the tournament at 1 over and each got a very very nice umbrella as a prize. I suppose we also hold the course record for the mean time as well. :)

BALL PLANT III

After this, we went off to ball plant III to see how the mass production is carried out. All I can say is impressive. We basically followed the path of a ball through the plant. It started where the rubber is mixed with chemicals, heated, cooled, and pressed into cores, molded into round cores, electrocuted, covered, painted, printed, prepped, and finally urethane placed on the ball. It takes them about 5 days for a ball to be made from beginning to end and they produce several hundred thousand balls each day. Globally, they produce around 26 million dozen balls (thats 312,000,000 balls per year).

Aside from the attention to detail and the efforts gone through to ensure that no off spec balls leave the facility, the most impressive thing to me was the process. Each machine flowed seamlessly into the next. This was the first time I had seen an assembly line in person, but it seemed like more than an assembly line. My mind doesn’t work the way someone needs to create a golf ball or a design plants does, but I really never appreciated what it took to make or design a ball. After seeing what it takes to make them the number one ball in golf, I have no doubt as to why. What we saw were two groups of people. One, the engineering staff whose sole motivation is to make a better ball, and the production staff whose sole motivation is to make perfect ball after perfect ball. Let's not forget the great people in their marketing department who find ways to get the perfect ball in front of our eyes and in our bags.

THE BLACK WHALE SEAFOOD BAR

That night we had drinks and ate some very very fresh seafood, accompanied by a lot of laughs and stories.

DAY 2

TITLEIST CUSTOM BALL FACILITY

On day two, we made our way to the Titleist custom ball facility. This is where all personalized balls are made. I didn’t realize how much else was made there as well. They make custom boxes, sleeves, tins, and many other items to hold balls. Again, here as with Ball Plant III, I didn’t realize what goes into this side of the operation either. I blindly assumed when they customize balls, a computer just shoots ink on a ball like an inkjet printer. nope. Each customized line of text is engraved into a plate which is used for that customization. ink is drawn across the plate and eventually pushed into a stamp which then stops the ball. I know now, having seen it, that it makes sense, but having no knowledge before hand, it really blew my mind. They also gave us some very sweet shag bags with hats, balls, ball markers, gloves, and a shirt. They really were very generous to a couple of guys already in heaven.

It was nice how every person from Titleist that we met kept thanking us for taking our time to see their facilities. Everyone kept telling them no, thank you, but they insisted, that they were lucky to have us. It was a nice touch, and i genuinely believe that they meant it.

WARWICK COUNTRY CLUB

We then drove ourselves to Warwick Country Club for a very nice lunch and round of golf. After Lunch, we paired up and went out. I played with Jay (golf9596) and Eric from Titleist. Other than putting, I hit the ball great with a ProV1. The Course is quite beautiful, built on a bay and with many scenic views. It is also the location where many shots in some of Titleist’s commercials are located.

Sadly, the rains came after about 6 holes, but we had an absolute blast.

Then, back on the road and home to my family. It was a truly amazing two days. I gained some serious insight on how hard they work to ensure they make the best balls possible, how much goes in to doing so , and got some pretty freaking cool swag along the way.

Thanks again WRX and Titleist for this chance…It was seriously a once in a lifetime shot.

Titleist Trip - New Bedford

Titleist TSi3 8* with Tensei AV Raw White 65X
Titleist 915 Fd 15 with diamana d+80X
Titleist 918H2 18* with Tensei CK White 90X
Titleist ap2 716 4-gw with Amt x100
Vokey sm9 54, 58 with Amt x100

Evnroll ER2

That deep orange bag is outstanding....what is that?

Thanks!

It's a Scotty cameron orange stand bag. Everyday gamer. I've never had a bag be the subject of so many questions. It is pretty cool. So I decided that it was going to be my everyday bag. No need to keep it locked in my basement. Tools not jewels.

wanna sell it? or trade for a brand new M1 mallet? lol....I have bag envy...but seriously, I see this bag going for MAJOR $$.......its the best ive seen....

Guys, I plan to post a 2nd review re-capping day 2 and an overall experience of the trip (It was a little more eventful for myself than some others, which I'll get into lol) but I was wondering if anyone reading this had any specific questions regarding our time there. I'd be happy to try and answer any of them as part off my re-cap, just post here or send me a message and I'll do my best to answer when I write up my final post.

-Mike Dubecky

Can keys have a GPS locator on them? LOL

-Mike Dubecky

what was the most surprising thing of the trip? the way the ball is made, the science behind it? maybe something you thought you knew but didn't?

For me at least, easily it was the R&D portion of the trip. I know alot of research and testing goes into making, and perfecting products by OEM's but (I know I've used this phrase many times already and will in my day 2 review but....) it was seriously mind blowing and mind numbing (in a good way). Just everything about it....mind blowing....the details and everything. I'm not talking dimple patterns, or # of dimples and depth, but small things like degree angles of the edge of dimples varying at 3/1000th of and inch, 1/3 the width of a human hair having huge crazy effects on drag, performance, ect.

Honestly the R&D was so cool I'd actually easily pay to do it that part all over again.

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

its not shocking, but thanks it definitely helps,,,,,

17 balls that were the exact same, most of them are the small companies popping up basically ordering from the same ball plant. Only 1 or 2 were maybe larger name companies.

Basically they have in house every ball currently on the market world wide, and broke each ball down to find it's material make up, and how they're made material wise, and in some cases knowing what plant a certain make ball came from, even being the same model. I'm sure it's something most OEM's do with all products but it was neat to hear him talk about it all.

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s

Ok finally able to write my day 2 review. I've been working nonstop since I left Warwick CC.

So day 2 was just as fun as day 1 (minus the rain). We started with breakfast and then went and saw the 9 holes of the customization shop. Basically we saw the 9 different stops of the customization of golf balls (each stop having a numbered flag at each stop). I knew you could get custom numbered balls, text and images like Team Titleist, sports teams ect. But also real life images, and custom packaging for events, gifts, tournaments and everything else you can imagine. It seems like the options are endless.

After that we drove the hour to Warwick C.C. (thanks for the ride Joey2Aces!) Where we met Veronica once again and had a quick lunch in the clubhouse before hitting up the range, and quick 18, which unfortunately it was cut short by weather. If you do ever get a chance to go to Warwick definitely give it a go. It's a beautiful course on the water, and where Titleist has shot a few commercials. Once again the weather rolled in and it cut the round short, but still had a great time playing with Joey2Aces and Mike(?, can't remember his name unfortunately, but a super nice guy who runs Team Titleist forum).

All in all I personally had a great time. It was cool to meet a great group of WRX'ers, and Titleist did everything top notch and showed us a great time. I just hope to be able to do it again some day.

Thanks so much to WRX, the guys I went with, Titleist, and all the Titleist crew who were so hospitable to us, and Rob for showing us a great time after the golf activities of the day ended. It truly was an awesome, awesome experience.

Lastly anyone know how to resize pics that are to large, or willing to let me send them to them to post for me?

Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s

Also, I asked about the Kirkland. Yeah, the big elephant in the room. And while it was rumored that it was a Pro V1 with different logo it's actually made up of 2 layers of the TM ball and 2 layers of another ball. They had a room full of literally every ball known. They've spent over $68,000 in buying competitors balls and $35,000 in buying their own ball. So instead of taking balls from their plants, they buy them from stores just like the competitors. Then they slice them open and do research. From that info theycan tell you what factory it was made from etc. it's pretty amazing.

Also, those small letters on the balls helps them indentify what ball it is just in case something happens before it's imprinted with the logo.

That's right I forgot. The buy them them from stores to have the same shelf life (really bad way of explaining it), so it's the the exact same as a consumer would get when buying.

Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s

Are you aloud to disclose what those balls were?

Titleist 915 D3 8.5* W/ Fujikura Speeder Pro74, set at A1
Titleist 915 FD 15* W/ Diamana 70 Whiteboard, set A1
Mizuno MP4 3-P W/ Nippon Modus3 130X
Mizuno T5 50*, 54*, 58* 50 & 54 with Modus 130x and 58 with Modus wedge 125x
Byron Morgan 006 GSS

Wow, I really wish I was picked to drink some of that kool aid

My Weapons of Grass Destruction:

Titleist TS2 10.5*

Titleist 917F2 15*

Titleist 818H1 19*

Titleist 716 AP2 4-P

Vokey SM7’s: 50.12F, 56.14F, 60.08M

Odyssey Black Series 3

Round things with a bunch of dimples and scrapes

Are you aloud to disclose what those balls were?

They didn't say anything but there were no camera's allowed. But I do remember a vice golf ball being the same as a Wilson FG golf ball but not sure which model vice. What was eye opening was all the BS the golf ball companies say in their advertising. Heck Vice golf has video ads running on facebook that are flat out lies.... German engineering what a farce...

Any comments on the differences between the two pro Vs? Lot of confusion this year with supposedly switching the characteristics. Does one ball do the same thing for a large majority of people, I.e. if the pro V spins more than the X does it do so for everyone? Any more comments from the ball fitting? For how much time I've spent dialing in clubs, I tend to just grab the pro v1x and go without doing much testing.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

Basically the prov1 was rolled back to reduce the spin. The provx is similar to the prior generation provx. So the net effect is the x now is a ball with bit more spin and higher launch, and the v is lower launch and moderately lower spin. So they didn't switch the formulas or anything but the net effect is the balls did "switch." I would have never previously considered a prov because I am high spin. That is now my ball. I used to grab the x for slightly lower spin and sacrificed the higher launch, now the v seems the perfect blend for a high spin high launch player.

Titleist Trip - New Bedford

Titleist TSi3 8* with Tensei AV Raw White 65X
Titleist 915 Fd 15 with diamana d+80X
Titleist 918H2 18* with Tensei CK White 90X
Titleist ap2 716 4-gw with Amt x100
Vokey sm9 54, 58 with Amt x100

Evnroll ER2

Any comments on the differences between the two pro Vs? Lot of confusion this year with supposedly switching the characteristics. Does one ball do the same thing for a large majority of people, I.e. if the pro V spins more than the X does it do so for everyone? Any more comments from the ball fitting? For how much time I've spent dialing in clubs, I tend to just grab the pro v1x and go without doing much testing.

What longballjs said is correct. as I used to be given the X version because I swung fast with the driver. Now seeing the data and the flight of the golf ball I am also now a Pro V1 user and no longer an Pro V1X.