Tensei Orange Graphics

Stetson

Maybe we can get the Mitsubishi rep/sponsor on the site to chime in and help clarify this issue.

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR3 with Metaflex 5H shaft (currently testing the Proxima 6 stiff shaft)
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also just FYI my shaft came from People's Clubs, so I'd imagine he knows what he's selling.

I am not doubting that what you have is legitimate, I just don't understand why they didn't label their pro versions, by simply stamping "pro" somewhere on the shaft. It would have been so simple, and instead, they are creating a lot of confusion. Is there no distinguishing graphic between the Pro and Non-Pro Orange? Why in the world would they do something that stupid?

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR3 with Metaflex 5H shaft (currently testing the Proxima 6 stiff shaft)

I've been following along the Mitsubishi shaft threads on several sites. The Pro Orange, even in proto stage had MR70 on the tip. Could a batch have slipped thru without it? Sure, I guess so.

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

I've been following along the Mitsubishi shaft threads on several sites. The Pro Orange, even in proto stage had MR70 on the tip. Could a batch have slipped thru without it? Sure, I guess so.

Or perhaps the proto V3 had the MR70 label and they decided to drop it for the production versions. The production version hasn't been out very long at all.

Mine is a 60 TX v3. Newer run. No text/graphics under Mitsubishi Chemicals. Here's what the butt sticker looks like:

1836452626c8cb6b3c8345531027284e.jpg

5d85121701812203976e7eafc086cd0f.jpg

ab3da42f4c3eed152d60070a6acdab19.jpg

Callaway GBB Epic SZ 10' - HZRDUS Smoke Black 60g 6.5
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15' - HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5
Taylormade SIM 3H - GD AD-DI 8x
Ping i(e1) 4-PW - Project X 6.0 
Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08F, 54.08M, 60.04L - KBS 610 Wedge
Odyssey Tank Cruiser 7

Or perhaps the proto V3 had the MR70 label and they decided to drop it for the production versions. The production version hasn't been out very long at all.

Could be but then Mitsubishi should take down the pics they have on the Pro Orange product page as it shows the MR70 label.

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

Considering MRC hasn't even started to ship the non-pro orange to its distributors, it's very unlikely that anyone has a non-pro version. At this time, there is no way to confirm what the non-pro will even look like. Swing Science only has the Pro version and has no official date when or if they will receive the non-pro for distribution. Considering this is the 3rd version of this shaft and the year is half over, it's possible MRC hasn't even decided on the profile makeup of the non-pro yet.

Considering MRC hasn't even started to ship the non-pro orange to its distributors, it's very unlikely that anyone has a non-pro version. At this time, there is no way to confirm what the non-pro will even look like. Swing Science only has the Pro version and has no official date when or if they will receive the non-pro for distribution. Considering this is the 3rd version of this shaft and the year is half over, it's possible MRC hasn't even decided on the profile makeup of the non-pro yet.

Great question. One possibility is I know they quit doing the non-pro tensei blues in the short term. With the latest Callaway steelhead release, the stock tensei blue has silver below the blue ring. I wonder if the non-pro versions will all look like that.

Titleist TS3 9.5* w/ Diamana DF 60X
Titleist TS3 15* w/ Diamana ZF 70X
Titleist 913h 19* w/ Tensei Pro Blue
Titleist T100s 4-P w/ C-Taper Lite X
Titleist Vokey Raw 48, 54, 60 w/ S400
Scotty Cameron Tour Rat

Great question. One possibility is I know they quit doing the non-pro tensei blues in the short term. With the latest Callaway steelhead release, the stock tensei blue has silver below the blue ring. I wonder if the non-pro versions will all look like that.

...and as usual, Callaway is using some kind of watered down, not quite the real thing version of a shaft. It's a pain in the a** when someone breaks one!

Well, now I'm really confused. I ordered a 70TX V3 from Toll Bros and mine reads Mitsubishi Rayon NOT Mitsubishi Chemical.

Now to make matters even more confusing, my 2017 TM M2 Tour Issue driver arrived today with a Pro Orange 60 Stiff. It is labeled Mitsubishi Chemical and has no MR70 graphic like on their product page.

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

Well, now I'm really confused. I ordered a 70TX V3 from Toll Bros and mine reads Mitsubishi Rayon NOT Mitsubishi Chemical.

That's probably the pre production prototype shaft V3. I know he's had a few of them.

Now to make matters even more confusing, my 2017 TM M2 Tour Issue driver arrived today with a Pro Orange 60 Stiff. It is labeled Mitsubishi Chemical and has no MR70 graphic like on their product page.

Pull the grip and look at the sticker. If it has CKPR OR then it's a pro orange.

Been playing my V2 vs. Pro Orange for the past couple of weeks, both in a Cobra King LTD head, and I have been impressed with both shafts. I am still not sure which one I prefer, as I like them both. I don't seem to have the type of swing that immediately makes one of them bad for me, like others have said on here. The Pro Orange does launch lower than the V2. The V2 feels little stiffer overall to me, but only by a very small amount. I drove the ball pretty well today using the Orange. I was going to test the V2 on the course sometime this week, but my son tried it today and loved it. I may not be getting this one back from him.

LEFT HANDED

• 3 weeks later...

They def make the pro in a stiff, but I too am trying to figure out how to tell it's a pro

Driver- TC Epic 440 with Hzrdus T1100<br />3-Wood- 13 Degree Ping stretch with Ping Tour 75x<br />Hybrid- 915 with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85<br />Irons- ( 4-PW ) JPX 900 Forged with 110s Steelfibers - Wedges- Sm6 Vokey 48 bent 2 degrees strong - sm6 vokey raw 56 bent to 55 , 58 Raw Low Bounce K grind ( 110 Steelfibers in all wedges same length shafts )<br />Putter- Scotty Cameron Laguna 1.5 Studio Torch Finish that I did...

They def make the pro in a stiff, but I too am trying to figure out how to tell it's a pro

As stated above. If the sticker under the grip says CKPR OR, it is the pro. Also, as of now, the non-pro Orange isn't out yet, according to trhode

LEFT HANDED

I hope you are right about that, I bought one today, 70s and got a great deal, with PayPal protection but I'm just hoping it's real deal. Says Mitsubishi chemical also

Driver- TC Epic 440 with Hzrdus T1100<br />3-Wood- 13 Degree Ping stretch with Ping Tour 75x<br />Hybrid- 915 with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85<br />Irons- ( 4-PW ) JPX 900 Forged with 110s Steelfibers - Wedges- Sm6 Vokey 48 bent 2 degrees strong - sm6 vokey raw 56 bent to 55 , 58 Raw Low Bounce K grind ( 110 Steelfibers in all wedges same length shafts )<br />Putter- Scotty Cameron Laguna 1.5 Studio Torch Finish that I did...

Excited to get the V3 Pro Orange in play against some of the other MCA gems in the stable...

For what it's worth it swingweighted a full 3-4 points lower than my old KK Silver TiNi. It's EXTREMELY counterbalanced. I'm now playing a 14g and 7g in my SZ driver and before it was a 12g/2g combo.

Epic Flash SZ 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65X
Epic Flash 15.0* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75X
Apex '19 20* Fujikura Atmos HB TS Blue 8X
X-Forged UT 21* KBS C-Taper Lite X
Apex CF19 Combo #5-P KBS $-Taper 120
MD4 Raw 50-S/56-X/60-S KBS 610 120
Odyssey MXM-V #7 "Tank" @ 38"
Snell MTB-X / Chrome Soft X Triple Track

Excited to get the V3 Pro Orange in play against some of the other MCA gems in the stable...

For what it's worth it swingweighted a full 3-4 points lower than my old KK Silver TiNi. It's EXTREMELY counterbalanced. I'm now playing a 14g and 7g in my SZ driver and before it was a 12g/2g combo.

Sexy collection!

Interesting about the counter weighting, by the description it sounded like it was less counter weighted than the V2, but mine had the same impact. I lengthened my 915 by half an inch to balance the counter balancing, it was right about 3 swing weight points difference from my backup Kai'li.

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 9* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16.5* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 18* Graphite Design AD-IZ 95X
Callaway X-Forged Single Diamond 22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

I have the same concern as well. Just received an Orange shaft sold to me as 'Pro Orange'. The shaft flex is TX but there are no graphics near the tip like I expected. Seems to me that there are only two possible scenarios.

1. They make a TX version of the regular Orange and it is not listed on the site

2. There were Pro Orange shafts released after the Boron tip change, without any graphics, prior to the new tip graphics

I am hoping someone can confirm that #2 is the scenario in play here.

TaylorMade Stealth+ 10.5 (10*) - Ventus Blue TR 6x

TaylorMade Stealth 3w (15*) - Ventus Black TR 7x

Srixon ZX Utility 2 - MMT 125TX

Srixon ZX5 mkii 4-6  - MMT 125TX

Srixon ZX7 mkii 7-PW  - MMT 125TX

Titleist SM9 50.12F - MMT 125tx ss

Titleist SM9 54.10S - MMT 125tx ss

Titleist SM9 60.06K - MMT 125tx ss

EVNROLL ER11vx - 35" LAGP 135

I have the same concern as well. Just received an Orange shaft sold to me as 'Pro Orange'. The shaft flex is TX but there are no graphics near the tip like I expected. Seems to me that there are only two possible scenarios.

1. They make a TX version of the regular Orange and it is not listed on the site

2. There were Pro Orange shafts released after the Boron tip change, without any graphics, prior to the new tip graphics

Mine is like your scenario #2 and got mine from a reputable dealer. He did the grip and tip so can't see what's on the sticker underneath but it definitely plays like what the pro is supposed to play like

Orange doesn't have boron in the tip i have an orange with a callaway tip, pro version come in tx flexes

It's on BST for a great price if someone wants to try it out

Orange doesn't have boron in the tip i have an orange with a callaway tip, pro version come in tx flexes

It's on BST for a great price if someone wants to try it out

Correct no boron in the orange tip. Per the site:

"We’ve replaced the boron fortified tip-section with MR70 – Mitsubishi Chemical's strongest carbon fiber to date."

My question is that the website shows a tip graphic for the MR70 tip, but the Pro version that I have does not have any tip graphic...

TaylorMade Stealth+ 10.5 (10*) - Ventus Blue TR 6x

TaylorMade Stealth 3w (15*) - Ventus Black TR 7x

Srixon ZX Utility 2 - MMT 125TX

Srixon ZX5 mkii 4-6  - MMT 125TX

Srixon ZX7 mkii 7-PW  - MMT 125TX

Titleist SM9 50.12F - MMT 125tx ss

Titleist SM9 54.10S - MMT 125tx ss

Titleist SM9 60.06K - MMT 125tx ss

EVNROLL ER11vx - 35" LAGP 135

My question is that the website shows a tip graphic for the MR70 tip, but the Pro version that I have does not have any tip graphic...

No graphics on mine either. 60 TX

No tip graphics on mine either. Remember, according to trhode, the only orange out on the market at this point is the pro version.

LEFT HANDED

My money says once the prototyping moved from V2 to V3 that the MR70 graphic wasn't finalized. TollBros would have to confirm but in all likelihood only the most current Pro Orange shafts have the graphics with the older V3's (same shaft) and maybe even earlier runs of the final Pro Orange not having any graphics yet. Since "MR70" is totally new to the Mitsubishi shaft line I imagine that both the branding and the graphic itself were likely not yet finalized.

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 9* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16.5* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 18* Graphite Design AD-IZ 95X
Callaway X-Forged Single Diamond 22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant