Arccos 360 Shot Tracker

Has anyone bought the 360 and have it not come with the putter sensor? Just received mine and it's all the 360 sensors.

Youre sure its not in there? Its just a tad bigger and it clicks when you press on the top.

Nope wasn't included. Contacted customer service and they mailed me one with an extra battery within 2 days.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked Golfshot, too, for final round scorecard emails and mid-round card/stats presentation, but you can at least see your scorecard in the Arccos app (mid-round and post-round) by tapping your score in the upper right. If it's post-round (and maybe mid-round, too), it will show you previous scores you've had on that course. I'd still rather have putts/fairways/GIR shown, but haven't yet emailed Arccos to suggest it as an option.

Overall, I do like the presentation on the app and the new dashboard for editing shots. It allows me to better remember how I played because I'm generally not one to remember holes without seeing them again on the satellite view.

Completely agree on wishing it had a quick look at the round. Golfshot has a neat feature where you tilt the phone to the side - even mid-round - and it will give you a scorecard at a glance with stats on it. That may be buried somewhere in Arccos (or not buried) but I haven't found it.

I've been a Golfshot user for years now myself and I love it. It even emails you a copy of your completed round so you can check everything nice and quick. You can also tell golfshot not show your score midround if you dont want to see it. I have not found the scorecard in Arccos either, not even after the round.

[size=1][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]WITB: Nike Vapor Speed TW, Tour Edge XCG-V 15deg, Titleist 913H 19deg, Titleist AP1 714s 4i-AW, Nike Engage 52 and 56, Evnroll ER5[/font][/size]

Only potential downside with gg live seems to be the manual tagging, and having a red device on your belt. Don't reckon I'll mind this if it results in less post round editing.

I had GG before I bought Arccos. Couldn't get tagging engrained into my preshot routine. Like not having to think about it with arccos. But hope it works out for you.

Same here. Quit using it and my scores seemed to be better without all the worry about tapping.

Fair enough. Never been a big fan of carrying electronic gear while exercising so will just use gg for a few months or so until my course management skills see improvement. If one of these companies introduces a device that works reliably and invisibly (no tapping each shot or carrying phone in pocket) I'll buy it.

First round with GG Live today. It's a fantastic device and if Arccos 360 is similar quality, then they are both excellent tools. GG Live appears to have an accurate GPS unit and recorded my locations faultlessly from under a sweatshirt, and it's also easily editable if required (both on iOS or via a browser during or post round). I didn't forget to tag any shots but it is a piece of cake to add missed shots and/or penalties later, to add notes, adjust tee/flag placements, and delete or add holes. The stats are great and I'm already plotting what to improve on in my game.

GBB Epic, X2 Hot, Srixon Z545, Cleveland RTX 2.0, Bettinardi

Has anyone bought the 360 and have it not come with the putter sensor? Just received mine and it's all the 360 sensors.

Youre sure its not in there? Its just a tad bigger and it clicks when you press on the top.

Nope wasn't included. Contacted customer service and they mailed me one with an extra battery within 2 days.

Same thing happened to me. Contacted customer support and they are sending me 3 sensors and a putter sensor. The putter sensor just seemed to be a round gen 1 sensor, and didn't work anyway. Strange.

I have the original version and had it while they made some bug fixes and have seen the app improve. Although not perfect, it is very useful. I had an issue with pairing with the putter sensor and had a new one in a couple of days. Great customer service. The Arccos 360 has a permanent battery that needs to be replaced by Arccos as apposed the the 1st gen. Great product.

I am very interested in the Arccos 360, the only reason I did not purchase it yet is the fact that you have to carry your phone in the front pocket. Would it work with an Apple Watch?

You don't have to carry the phone in your front pocket. I carry it in my back pocket and works fine. And yes it works with the Apple watch.

I had similar results to others in that the sensor for the putter didn't work out of the box. Arccos sent me a new sensor and batteries. It was the old style sensor and I noticed it was looser than the newer sensors on my other clubs. Fast forward to yesterday and during the middle of my round I discovered it had fallen off. So my question is for current users: Do any of the sensors work well and stay tight on a Superstroke Mid Slim grip?

The putter sensor is shaped to fit a standard pistol putter grip. Not the fat grips. That is why it has the tear drop shape.

I am very interested in the Arccos 360, the only reason I did not purchase it yet is the fact that you have to carry your phone in the front pocket. Would it work with an Apple Watch?

You don't have to carry the phone in your front pocket. I carry it in my back pocket and works fine. And yes it works with the Apple watch.

Do you mean it works with the apple watch as in there is an app for the watch - or do you mean I could leave my phone in my bag and rely on the watch? (I have a Series 2, with GPS)

So you guys really dont mind the phone in your front pocket? Just had a discussion about this product with friends and everyone agreed the phone in the pocket was deal breaker. I have an iPhone 7+ and just seems like it would be very annoying. I could see going raw dog with the phone maybe but then it falls out of shorts pockets real easy.

Forgot to mention this, but Arccos sent me a survey after I logged a few rounds. One of the things they asked about was whether I'd be interested in a significant smaller iPod-sized device to track shots instead of my iPhone. I'm sure if enough people got on their case, they'd make it a priority. I just hope they wouldn't charge some outrageous price and distance themselves from customers.

That is very interesting. The iPhone in my pocket was not that bad but Id love something smaller...(thats not what she said) in my pocket.

I have two rounds on it so far and I'm torn. I love the info its giving me but find the presentation of said info to be a bit much and poorly organized. Putting has been the biggest issue as far as shot tracking goes. It hasnt missed any full swings but I'd say putts are 50/50 with the second putt being the one always missing. The stupid sensors also seem to want to keep coming unscrewed. I also wish they would give you some kind of quick look at your round after you finish. Here's your scorecard with the simple stats and you can go to the website for the dirty in depth data.

Completely agree on wishing it had a quick look at the round. Golfshot has a neat feature where you tilt the phone to the side - even mid-round - and it will give you a scorecard at a glance with stats on it. That may be buried somewhere in Arccos (or not buried) but I haven't found it.

You should be able to touch the upper right portion of the screen where it shows your current score in relation to par. Touch that and it will show you your current scorecard and other stats. It's like any new app, you have to play with it to find out what it does and what you can do with it.

So you guys really dont mind the phone in your front pocket? Just had a discussion about this product with friends and everyone agreed the phone in the pocket was deal breaker. I have an iPhone 7+ and just seems like it would be very annoying. I could see going raw dog with the phone maybe but then it falls out of shorts pockets real easy.

Forgot to mention this, but Arccos sent me a survey after I logged a few rounds. One of the things they asked about was whether I'd be interested in a significant smaller iPod-sized device to track shots instead of my iPhone. I'm sure if enough people got on their case, they'd make it a priority. I just hope they wouldn't charge some outrageous price and distance themselves from customers.

That is very interesting. The iPhone in my pocket was not that bad but Id love something smaller...(thats not what she said) in my pocket.

I have two rounds on it so far and I'm torn. I love the info its giving me but find the presentation of said info to be a bit much and poorly organized. Putting has been the biggest issue as far as shot tracking goes. It hasnt missed any full swings but I'd say putts are 50/50 with the second putt being the one always missing. The stupid sensors also seem to want to keep coming unscrewed. I also wish they would give you some kind of quick look at your round after you finish. Here's your scorecard with the simple stats and you can go to the website for the dirty in depth data.

You should be able to touch the upper right portion of the screen where it shows your current score in relation to par. Touch that and it will show you your current scorecard and other stats. It's like any new app, you have to play with it to find out what it does and what you can do with it.

THANK YOU! I found that by accident once and couldnt figure out where the damn scorecard view was since. It still needs work though, like fairways hit, putts etc.

I wish i had your experience with this system, not sure whats going on with mine, here is my review in hopes that it might help someone else out.

First off i'm a new member to this forum. I'm about a 12 handicap and live up in western Canada, i love the idea of stats so i was excited about this product. I did a bit of research about it and saw mostly positive reviews so i went down to my local best buy and bought one in the middle of June.....well......so far my experience has been awful. I've read through the posts on this forum i've sent in various emails to the company, checked out their faqs and still don't know why my experience has been so different than everyone else. So here goes.....

Like i said i've had this thing since the middle of June, i have one full round recorded (i've played 14 rounds since i got it). Even the one full round i have i had to manually add in all the shots of the last 3 holes.

here are all the issue i've encountered so far

1. couldn't pair any sensors with several of my phones. didn't work with oneplus 1, oneplus 2, galaxy S6, moto g, moto z. yes i had granted it all the permission i needed, tried it indoors and out, quiet area...etc. Finally got it to work with a nexus 5

2. the first 13 rounds that i tried to use this thing didn't go so well, there were several problems that didn't let me use it. Here they are

- app crashing every time i tried to download a course,

- not letting me start a round because i didn't have wifi or data (i only use the nexus 5 for this app, i don't have a sim card or any other apps on it),

- never registering a shot on any of the sensors,

- the app resetting part way through the round so losing all the previous shots i've taken,

- going into airplane mode it wouldn't let me continue saying i needed to turn on google location services (even though it was enabled)

- sensor for my sand wedge broke the first day i used it, and my 9 iron sensor has still never paired (these two things didn't stop me from recording a round)

Even the 1 round that i did get to record wasn't seamless....far from it. there was not a single hole where a shot wasn't missed, on the plus side every putt was recorded properly, and because i had to keep looking at the phone because i didn't trust it and had to edit every hole my phone didn't make it through a round. I got to hole 16 and my phone was dead.

This is the important part that might help people who are having problems with missed shot. I found that it took 1 - 2 minutes for the app to detect the club i was using. after i noticed this i would get my club out of the bag hold it upright and about 2 inches away from my phone with the screen on and wait till i saw that it had detected the club. As you can imagine that didn't make for a pleasant experience and my playing partners were not very happy with me.

sorry for the long ramble on my first post but i thought i needed to share my experience with the community in case other people experience similar issues to me

@jodahall: Sorry to hear about your problems with Arccos. You are not the first android user that has reported problems like this. Unfortunately they have not figured the android operating system out like it should be. iPhone they have down pat.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Taylormade M2[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Nike Sumo 3w, 5w[/size][/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]Nike CPR 26*[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged, 5-PW[/size][/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]Cleveland 588 RTX 50,54,58[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Scotty Futura X7M DB[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Precision Pro NX7 Pro[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Arccos Game Tracker[/size][/font][/color]

I played in a GCAT tournament on Sunday and actually missed not having my Arccos stats to go back and check. I'm going to use it again this weekend and probably wont even bother with the putter sensor. Its just so hit or miss I can just add my two or three putts after each hole. Plus my putter hoard all have grips that you can counter balance even though I never use it. The putter sensor wont screw in to those grips.

Do you mean it works with the apple watch as in there is an app for the watch - or do you mean I could leave my phone in my bag and rely on the watch? (I have a Series 2, with GPS)

I specifically asked them about using the apple watch instead of the phone and they said even though the watch has all the right gadgets and gizmos inside, they haven't made an app version to eliminate using the phone in the pocket and only use the phone. The watch app right now, will just show you distances and information, not for sensor shot tracking.

Has anyone used this w a counterbalanced putter? I have a super stroke but not sure what to do with the putter sensor since I have the weight in the grip. I heard that some people break the screw and glue it to the weight but not sure how that would work. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Epic Flash SZ 9 degree AD IZ 6s
Adams Dhy 18 and 21 Matrix White Tie
Apex Pro 19 5-AW Steelfiber i110s
Mack Daddy 4 54 Steelfiber i110s
High Toe 60 and 64 Modus 120s
Spider X Blue

• 2 weeks later...

Understand you don't want to modify the sensor for future use, but have you considered purchasing another putter sensor from Arccos (should be about $25) to give you the flexibility to move between a Counterbalanced and Standard putter? I'm not sure that there is another solution to mounting Arccos on a Counterbalanced putter without modifying the sensor.

I have a SuperStroke Pistol GTR 2.0 CounterCore grip and I just cut the "screw" piece off the bottom of the sensor to make it as flat as possible, then bought a 3M heavy-duty double sided command strip and stuck it on the top of my putter grip. I finished it up by wrapping electrical tape around the top of the grip and up to the sensor to ensure it didn't go anywhere. In fact I took the electrical tape and wrapped all the tops of my grips up around the sensors to ensure they didn't work their way out of the end of the grips. It doesn't look 100% perfect, but I gets the job done.

I chose this option because if I ever wanted to remove the sensor or adjust the weight in the grip of the putter, nothing is a permanent install and I'd just have to remount it all again.

Wow I needed that lesson. Thank you!!

Has anyone tried Arccos since yesterdays update? The elevation and wind direction additions are nice. The Caddie functionality appears to be improved but I wasn't a huge fan to begin with.

I wonder now if the addition of wind and elevation will make it "non conforming" ? They had a 'restricted' version that could be used in tournament play but dropped it a few months ago.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Taylormade M2[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Nike Sumo 3w, 5w[/size][/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]Nike CPR 26*[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged, 5-PW[/size][/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]Cleveland 588 RTX 50,54,58[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Scotty Futura X7M DB[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Precision Pro NX7 Pro[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Arccos Game Tracker[/size][/font][/color]

Has anyone tried Arccos since yesterdays update? The elevation and wind direction additions are nice. The Caddie functionality appears to be improved but I wasn't a huge fan to begin with.

I wonder now if the addition of wind and elevation will make it "non conforming" ? They had a 'restricted' version that could be used in tournament play but dropped it a few months ago.

I just opened the "restricted" version and a messaged popped up saying to discontinue use of the restricted app "because based on the 'Rules Changes for 2016' the Arccos 360 app conforms to the Rules of Golf. So it can be used in stipulated rounds where a local rule permitting the use of distance measuring devices is in effect, so long as you dont review data from the previous hole played.

In the settings a tournament mode is added which makes it "conforming" again.

Nice find... I like that! Turns off the "caddie" option also.

I'm hoping to play tomorrow, if the weather allows. Will see how Arccos stacks up and compare distances (with slope) against my Leupold rangefinder.