2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Ping I200 users

braincramp52

I 200 s are more forgiving imo.. I love mine!

i200's are crazy forgiving and good!

As far as forgiveness between 716 Ap2 and the I200; I have both (I200 with Modus 105 and AP2 stock AMT S300), both great clubs, but in the forgiveness department I200 hands down. The I200's are so good, so easy hit, the turf interaction is great for my swing. PING certainly has a winner with this line.

I appreciate the feedback. Seriously considering replacing my AP2's with the i200's now.

Callaway Paradym 12° - Fujikura Ventus Red 6s

Callaway Paradym 18° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s

Callaway Paradym 21° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s
Srixon z785 (4-PW) - Oban CT 115s+
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 50° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 55° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 60° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s

Bettinardi Studio Reserve JAM-F

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been playing the Apex CF16 for two years now and really like them. I am considering the i200s for some reason I can't explain. The biggest hold ups are the soles look wider and the most reviews say the i200 is about a club shorter than the CF16. That's way too much yardage to give up. Can those that have played both comment please?

Titleist TSR3 9.25* Tensei 1K Black 65S 45.75"
Titleist TSR2 16.5 Tensei 1K Black 75S 43.25"
Titleist TSR3 19* Tensei 1K Black 75S 42.75" 
Titleist TSR3 3H 19* Tensei 1kB Black 85s 40.5"
Fourteen TC 920 5-PW Project X LZ 6.0
Fourteen DJ-4 48* Project X IO 6.0
Fourteen DJ-5 54* Project X IO 6.0

Fourteen DJ-4 58* Project X IO 6.0
2023 Odyssey Jailbird MH 39"  
2023 Vice Pro Lime

If you hit the i200 better what difference does it make if your a club shorter,just hit one club more.Its how you score and not what iron you hit that counts.

Agree. I don't really get this whole thing with the distance with irons. With a driver sure, but irons? I want an iron that when I need to hit it 170 yards, I get 170 yards every time and I want consistent distance changes between clubs. What difference does it make if it says 7 or 8 on the club, unless you are trying to impress your buddies that the number is an 8? But honestly, with so many jacked up lofts these days, an 8 does not equal 8 across so many sets.

If you hit the i200 better what difference does it make if your a club shorter,just hit one club more.Its how you score and not what iron you hit that counts.

Agree. I don't really get this whole thing with the distance with irons. With a driver sure, but irons? I want an iron that when I need to hit it 170 yards, I get 170 yards every time and I want consistent distance changes between clubs. What difference does it make if it says 7 or 8 on the club, unless you are trying to impress your buddies that the number is an 8? But honestly, with so many jacked up lofts these days, an 8 does not equal 8 across so many sets.

Its called Ego

I have been playing the Apex CF16 for two years now and really like them. I am considering the i200s for some reason I can't explain. The biggest hold ups are the soles look wider and the most reviews say the i200 is about a club shorter than the CF16. That's way too much yardage to give up. Can those that have played both comment please?

You could also get the power spec lofts on the i200's, that should add a bit of distance to them.

I think the power spec decreases loft by 2*.

Callaway mavrik max 10.5

Callaway mavrik max 3 & 5 wood
Ping g30  26* & 30* hybrids
Ping i200 6 - UW

Ping glide 54* & 60* wedges
Odyssey #7 putter

I will admit, it took a few rounds to get used to new yardages. They are definitely one club shorter for me than my previous loft-jacked irons. That being said, my spin numbers are much much better with these irons and I am actually holding greens that I used to roll off of and leaving crazy divots with the ball resting not too far from the pitch mark.

I am happily sticking more greens with a club longer than my buddies

PING G25

PING G25 4W

TaylorMade Burner 3H

PING i200 4 - U

Cleveland RTX 2.0 54°, 58°

Mizuno MCraft II

Its called Ego

Its called LDS, and not Latter Day Saints :)

Ping G400 10.5,3W,5W (Eye 2 1,3,5)
Ping Eye 2+no+ 3-SW, BeCu+ LW
Ping 30th Anniversary Anser, Pat Pend. Anser 2
Titleist Pro V1

Power spec

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

Mine haven't been delivered yet, but I can tell you that my non power spec'd 7 iron was only half a club shorter than my apex cf in my fitting and thats at 2 degrees less loft.

I look at this differently - you're buying these irons to launch and spin more most likely. By their actual nature you are trying to get them to fly in a way that will cause them to land shorter than the cannons you're hitting and not roll out as far. I don't know how their lack of length could be an actual deterrent in that scenario.

I figured with ordering the Modus 105 in the i200, that I might lose a little yardage over the G25 c-taper combo, but hopefully gain a lot more pliability.

Lose 20g in the shaft weight, but gain a bit of spin for the carry based on the shafts. But who knows...

TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22

I figured with ordering the Modus 105 in the i200, that I might lose a little yardage over the G25 c-taper combo, but hopefully gain a lot more pliability.

Lose 20g in the shaft weight, but gain a bit of spin for the carry based on the shafts. But who knows...

FWIW I LOVE the Modus 105's.

TM M2 2017 10.5 Hzrdus Yellow 65 S
Ping G400 14.5 PING Tour 80g S
Ping Anser 17* 23* PING Tour  S
PING iE1 5-PW Modus3 105 S
PING Glide 2.0 50* 54* 60* Modus 115 Wedge S
BioMech 41"
NDMC Plus 4
ProV1

I have the Ping i200s as a replacement to my long time favorites the i3 blades. So far I like them. They are not the equal of the i3s but they are good clubs never the less. One thing I am disappointed with is the build quality of the i200s I got. I requested D3.5 and got anywhere between D3.5 to D5. Ordered +3/4" length and almost all the clubs are spot on at +1" with grips on except for the PW which is .75" but .25" of the normal gap from 9 to PW. The dot on my 4 iron was not filled in and the grip logo alignment was spotty at best. Ill be the first to admit I'm picky about these things but in the past Ping was always spot with their builds.

I have the Ping i200s as a replacement to my long time favorites the i3 blades. So far I like them. They are not the equal of the i3s but they are good clubs never the less. One thing I am disappointed with is the build quality of the i200s I got. I requested D3.5 and got anywhere between D3.5 to D5. Ordered +3/4" length and almost all the clubs are spot on at +1" with grips on except for the PW which is .75" but .25" of the normal gap from 9 to PW. The dot on my 4 iron was not filled in and the grip logo alignment was spotty at best. Ill be the first to admit I'm picky about these things but in the past Ping was always spot with their builds.

I feel like their build quality has gone down through the years...they are good at building stock but not custom.

I feel like their build quality has gone down through the years...they are good at building stock but not custom.

Funny thing is my build ticket was stamped WRX. Which used to mean your build was given extra attention.

I have them and love them. Forgiving but they hide it well. The finish wears though, more like forged irons except they don't get chatter marks as much as most forged irons. They are chrome plated unlike the older ping irons that were just stainless with no plating. My Glide 2 sand wedge that I bought in May already has little chrome left on the sole.

I've hit both. If you get the power spec option, which I have, the i200 is just as long as the CF16. With the power spec option the lofts of the i200's are comparable to the CF16's. Distances with the i200's are more consistent. I would get an occasional hot flight with the CF16's that would go an extra 10yds. Particularly with the 7 and 8 irons for some reason.

Anybody play the i200 3 iron? I played hybrids for years, didn't bag anything over a 5 iron for several years, but over the past few years I went the other way. I added the MPH5 3 and 4 iron to my bag on my last set, and can't seem to live without my long irons now, but now I can't find a hybrid I can hit.

I've ordered the i200 in 4-GW, but have been thinking about options for a 3 iron or hybrid. I've hit the current Ping Crossover, don't like it. Would like to try the Cobra King Utility or Srixon U65, but was wondering if the Apex CF 16 or Steelhead XR Pro might be an option, maybe try the G400 in a 3 iron, or should I give the i200 3 iron a try? What I really want is a driving iron, don't really care about gaping, I want something I can hit 220-230 in the fairway off the tee.....

WITB
Srixon ZX5 LS 9.0, HZRDUS Black 60 6.0
Ping G425 LST 3 wood, Tensei Orange

Ping G410  7 wood set at 19, Tensei Orange

Srixon ZX 4 MKii 4 iron KBS TGI 90, ZX 5 MKii 5,6,7 irons  ZX7 MKii  8-PW PX LZ 6.0 black

RTX Zipcore  Tour Rack 50, 54, 60

Spider Tour CB 38 inches

Srixon-Z Star XV

Anybody play the i200 3 iron? I played hybrids for years, didn't bag anything over a 5 iron for several years, but over the past few years I went the other way. I added the MPH5 3 and 4 iron to my bag on my last set, and can't seem to live without my long irons now, but now I can't find a hybrid I can hit.

I've ordered the i200 in 4-GW, but have been thinking about options for a 3 iron or hybrid. I've hit the current Ping Crossover, don't like it. Would like to try the Cobra King Utility or Srixon U65, but was wondering if the Apex CF 16 or Steelhead XR Pro might be an option, maybe try the G400 in a 3 iron, or should I give the i200 3 iron a try? What I really want is a driving iron, don't really care about gaping, I want something I can hit 220-230 in the fairway off the tee.....

i have i200 3-pw w/ PX 6.0.... hit my 3 iron 230-240 (driver ss 109-112.) i gamed a 2H before i purchased the 3 iron. the long irons are very forgiving IMO

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10K Kai'li White 60x

3w: Epic Flash Hzrdus 70x

Hybrid: Cally Apex 19°

4i-Pw: Ping i200 PX 6.0

Wedges: SM9 50° / 54° / 58°

Putter: Cally Ten S

A couple of questions, did you order them at D3.5 throughout? If you simply asked for D3.5 they may have taken that as D3.5 in the long and mid irons and then gone to D4 in the 9 and D4.5 in the PW to match their standard SW progression. Additionally, if you were taking previously Ping standard length into account when you ordered, then your request for +3/4" based on a 37.75" 5 iron build becomes +1" with their new standard length of 38" off of the 5 iron.

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

A couple of questions, did you order them at D3.5 throughout? If you simply asked for D3.5 they may have taken that as D3.5 in the long and mid irons and then gone to D4 in the 9 and D4.5 in the PW to match their standard SW progression. Additionally, if you were taking previously Ping standard length into account when you ordered, then your request for +3/4" based on a 37.75" 5 iron build becomes +1" with their new standard length of 38" off of the 5 iron.

I ordered d3.5 and d4.5 in the wedge. Under the old specs I used to order +1" which used to get me a 5 iron that was 38.75" to the end of the grip. So this time I ordered plus 3/4" trying to account for the new spec. My 5 iron is 39" to EOG. I'm guessing the new spec measures before the grip is installed ala Mizuno. Minus the PW which is just completely wrong the length progression measured with the grip on is steady on zeros and fives

Can you have your i200 changed to power specs if you decide you want to?

yep, i went with stock for now but you can have them adjust to power spec or whatever you want to a degree ;)

Ping G400 Max / Speeder 661 Evo IV 
Sim Ti 3 / HZRDUS Blue 75
Cobra Radspeed 5 / HZRDUS Blue 75
Oven Nike Vapor Fly Pro 4 / Modus3 105
Ping I210 5-U / Modus3 105
Vokey SM8 54D / Modus3 125

Vokey SM8 58 LBK / Modus3 125

Nike Origin Naked B2-01

So in addition to the lie angles and now calling their "standard" lie angle the blue dot, did Ping also change their lengths as well?

Has Ping always measured and cut their shafts prior to installing the grips?

Callaway Paradym 12° - Fujikura Ventus Red 6s

Callaway Paradym 18° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s

Callaway Paradym 21° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s
Srixon z785 (4-PW) - Oban CT 115s+
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 50° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 55° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 60° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s

Bettinardi Studio Reserve JAM-F

I hit the i200 today. I was impressed. Feel was amazing, Sound was good. Ball flight was definitely higher than my Callaway Apex. Distance was hard to gauge because Carl's Golfland in Plymouth, MI has a weird setup and you never see the ball land. I am seriously considering getting fit for these. In previous years, I was white dot and 3/4" over standard. Their new color chart is much different.

Titleist TSR3 9.25* Tensei 1K Black 65S 45.75"
Titleist TSR2 16.5 Tensei 1K Black 75S 43.25"
Titleist TSR3 19* Tensei 1K Black 75S 42.75" 
Titleist TSR3 3H 19* Tensei 1kB Black 85s 40.5"
Fourteen TC 920 5-PW Project X LZ 6.0
Fourteen DJ-4 48* Project X IO 6.0
Fourteen DJ-5 54* Project X IO 6.0

Fourteen DJ-4 58* Project X IO 6.0
2023 Odyssey Jailbird MH 39"  
2023 Vice Pro Lime

Has Ping always measured and cut their shafts prior to installing the grips?

They have measured to the shaft since at least the i20s. I'm guessing longer than that. So that is not new.

Rogue st Max 10.5 Tour AD VR 6

Titleist TSi2 16.5 VA Composite Slay 

Sim Ti 19.75 Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75

PXG Gen 2 22 Hybrid Kiyoshi Purple

Cobra King Tour 5-p TT Elevate Tour
Ping S159 56W and 60B KBS Tour 120
Bettinardi BB-28SB

I've seen this, too.

My iE1s, 3-PW... on delivery 5 out of 8 clubs had shaft offcuts rattling around inside the shaft.

Then my first set of i200s, also 3-PW, 5 out of 8 clubs have the serials printed like this:

Laser etching machine... you had one job!?!

And now my latest set of i200s, I ordered the same spec as my other sets... and they're a shade shorter.

/shrug

I'm not hopping mad or anything, nor have I complained... just a PING fan/player with some experience here.

I would contact ping customer service...they will fix the problem

You're going to find screw ups by all companies. Although it reflects on their build quality it doesn't necessarily mean their overall quality is less than it used to be. And yes, Ping will make it right in a heartbeat.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.