2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Not a good look for Thomas and Fowler

Boydr12

Illogical thought processes have absolutely been rampant the past few days in the forum. I'm not sure I've seen anything like it.

I can't figure out if it is just a couple people with a bunch of ID's or if there are truly that many imbeciles who play golf and follow the pros.

I guess someone has to yell 'mashed potato'. We can't expect their idiocy to end there.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

In an office setting you see many people maintain good relationships with people who have been promoted ahead of them. It isn't seen as normal to hate someone or need to beat someone who has advanced quicker than you, even if you are motivated to do better yourself. Wanting to succeed is not mutually exclusive from treating people well who have succeeded.

It's a very archaic way we look at sports figures sometimes

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

In my opinion it's just not good look for these 2 guys the way they are so happy to have lost to their buddy Jordan Speith. If JT and Fowler had already won a major themselves, then I might would understand. But being perpetually in contention but not getting the job done, it doesn't seem right for them to be so happy, maybe they are content being part of the "spring break crew" with Jordan and that's enough for them. I honestly think all the Snapchat is horrible for Rickies game, what has he done honestly since spring break last year? Been in conentetion a lot and very rarely closing! A must be an old soul, but these guys are too obsessed with being viewed as "cool" instead of winning big time golf tournaments.

I actually follow Fowler on Snapchat, and he only posts things like maybe once or twice a week, and he has "tweeted" a total of 7 times in the month of July and posted a total of two pictures on Instagram since the 4th. Considering it only takes about 30 seconds to post something on social media, I highly doubt the total of 5 minutes a week he spends posting things is "horrible for his game."

I also don't get the impression from any of his interviews that Fowler is "obsessed with being viewed as cool." I think he just is and for whatever reason, that seems to bother some people.

Lets not forget Phil Mickelson was making cameos in Tin Cup long before he won his first major. Was he too worried about looking cool to be taken seriously as a golfer?

In my opinion it's just not good look for these 2 guys the way they are so happy to have lost to their buddy Jordan Speith. If JT and Fowler had already won a major themselves, then I might would understand. But being perpetually in contention but not getting the job done, it doesn't seem right for them to be so happy, maybe they are content being part of the "spring break crew" with Jordan and that's enough for them. I honestly think all the Snapchat is horrible for Rickies game, what has he done honestly since spring break last year? Been in conentetion a lot and very rarely closing! A must be an old soul, but these guys are too obsessed with being viewed as "cool" instead of winning big time golf tournaments.

I actually follow Fowler on Snapchat, and he only posts things like maybe once or twice a week, and he has "tweeted" a total of 7 times in the month of July and posted a total of two pictures on Instagram since the 4th. Considering it only takes about 30 seconds to post something on social media, I highly doubt the total of 5 minutes a week he spends posting things is "horrible for his game."

I also don't get the impression from any of his interviews that Fowler is "obsessed with being viewed as cool." I think he just is and for whatever reason, that seems to bother some people.

Lets not forget Phil Mickelson was making cameos in Tin Cup long before he won his first major. Was he too worried about looking cool to be taken seriously as a golfer?

Nice first post! Welcome. Just don't be too logical or factual, OK?

Nice first post! Welcome. Just don't be too logical or factual, OK?

Haha thanks! And I appreciate the advice, I'll try to keep it to a minimum!

Illogical thought processes have absolutely been rampant the past few days in the forum. I'm not sure I've seen anything like it.

I can't figure out if it is just a couple people with a bunch of ID's or if there are truly that many imbeciles who play golf and follow the pros.

I guess someone has to yell 'mashed potato'. We can't expect their idiocy to end there.

Numerous threads that contain illogical thought processes just coincidentally have "common denominators" in them. The common denominator being the same posters.

I understand being happy for your friend. Can certainly relate to that.

OTOH I will say that these young multi millionaire, internet star athletes might not have the burning desire to win a major? I dunno..

At some point you probably feel content where you're at. I know if I had won multiple PGA events in my 20's and was already set for life financially I probably wouldn't have that all consuming desire to win a major. I would've been more than ok hanging with Jordan, traveling on private jets, etc while cashing big paychecks winning 1-2 times each year on tour. You see the same thing on the NBA and other sports where the multi million dollar athletes playing on other teams hang out with each other. It isn't like the old Laker/Celtic rivalry where opposing players had no love for each other. These kids grew up playing AAU ball or junior golf together so they are childhood buddies and there seems to be less of a rivalry in many of these sports. It's more about business/exposure/sponsorships, etc.

Pretty sure they all rode the same plane home. So they were just waiting for their ride. Lol

Exactly. They all rode on the same plane. What would you rather them do OP - go find a dark corner to sit and reflect on their performance? Jordan has been notorious for waiting around to congratulate his buddies when they win - so they are returning the favor. It's not like they could just drive home.

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

you sound like a really bitter person.

In an office setting you see many people maintain good relationships with people who have been promoted ahead of them. It isn't seen as normal to hate someone or need to beat someone who has advanced quicker than you, even if you are motivated to do better yourself. Wanting to succeed is not mutually exclusive from treating people well who have succeeded.

It's a very archaic way we look at sports figures sometimes

This is so true. We demand so much of our entertainers (that's what athletes really are at the end of the day), yet do not hold ourselves in high enough esteem to avoid posting a useless, degrading comment on an internet forum. Pot, kettle and all of that...

man you just old and salty.

Mavrik 9* set -1 w/ Ventus Black 6tx

Mavrik SZ 15 w/ Rouge 80x tipped 1"

Miz H4 2 iron ctaper 130x

TM TP MB 06' PX 7.0 4-pw

TM Hi-Toe 52* c taper 130x

Miz T22 Raw 56* KBS 130x

Miz T22 Raw 60* KBS 130x

Odyssey Metal X Milled #1  34"

-Prov1x left dash

I think it's a great look. Shows total sportsmanship. I am sure JS will be there for them when it is their time.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

On Sunday it would have been cool to have seen the reactions of Rickie and JT when Jordan went birdie, eagle, birdie, birdie. I bet on 15 those guys were freaking out when that 50' bomb dropped.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

These guys are making so much money in the game, Major titles may not be the end all for every one of them. Rickie made almost $30MM on the course and who knows how much off of it. Justin Thomas $12MM on the course. You're either hungry enough to be the best, or satisfied with whatever 6 figure checks you take home each week you decide to play.

Hard to vilify any of them for supporting a friend vs. storming off the golf course to the next tour stop, or vacation, or home.

Taylormade SIM2 MAX 9* AutoFlex 505xx 

Taylormade SIM 5 RIP X 85TX

Srixon ZX 20* Recoil 95X

Srixon ZX5 4-6 DGTI X100

Srixon ZX7 7-PW DGTI X100
Taylormade MG2 TW 52/56/60 S400 TI
Kevin Burns 9305LN LAGP One35

Haha. I thought this thread was going to be about that terrible tie and sweater that Thomas was wearing plus whatever nightmare Fowler showed up in.

Silly me...

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

2 things:

Jordan waited for Zach Johnson in 2015 after actually being in contention and missing out on a playoff and a chance at history by 1 shot! Let's check in on how that is working out for him. looks pretty good.

secondly, none of this is new. It has gone on in golf for years. the only thing that is new is non-stop, extended TV coverage and exposure to social media.

there is nothing to see here.

Day looked worse. Just silly.

XR16 Driver 11.5 Prolaunch Blue Axis reg spine aligned FLOed 45.25" 245y
Adams Speed Line Fast 12 Fairway 17 degrees stock Prolaunch Blue Speedcoat reg spine aligned FLOed 220y
Wilson19.5 Fybrid FY(fairway bridge) stock reg Prolaunch V2 spine aligned FLOed 200y
Adams Super Pro 23 Hybrid Stock Prolaunch Platinium reg spine aligned FLOed 190y
i25 Black Dot 4i-9i Z-Z65 1/2" Long(4-7i with bounce grind) 180-130y
i25 Black Dot UW weakened to 48 Z-Z65 1/2" Long 115y
TM TP 52-9(bent to 53) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/2" long 100y
TM TP 58-10(bent to 59 bounce ground to 6) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/4" long 85y
Evnroll ER5 370g Hatchback 34" No 30g counterweight 69 degrees Lie 4 Loft Winn Jumbo Lite Pistol 59g Grip Black Tone
All 13 grips GP MCC+4 Grey Logo hidden/down midsize +1 tape layer
Callaway Chrome Soft Ball White
Mizuno Skintite Glove