2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Vice Pro Soft versus Snell My tour

monks66

i know there are threads out here on both these balls. I am gaming the Snell MTB, but got a dozen of Vice Pro Soft today, and went out and hit iron shots...aside from price, vice pro soft being cheaper per dozen, some thoughts on which you prefer, if you have played both balls...i give the edge to snell thanks Guys, oops and girls if you play them lol

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been playing all summer with Snell MTB and Vice Pro Soft. Ball to ball, I feel like the Snell wins every category for me. The Vice isn't far behind, but I'm really starting to feel like the Snell MTB is truly the king right now.

However, I have ordered 5 dozen of the Vice Soft because the matte red (really more pink) and lime look so great. They are still a really good ball, and it's fun to pull something different out of the bag. This is the first time I've played a colored ball since I was about 12.

Snells branding is so garbage I won't play em. Opposite for vice. Ball looks cool. I feel cool. I play cool.

LOL I can't tell if this is a serious post or not

[color=#0000cd][b]Taylormade M1 460 8.5* (2016) Tensei Pro Orange 70TX[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]TEE E8 Beta 13* 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 70X[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Callaway Razr X MB H Stamp 3-PW [/b][/color][color=#0000ff][b]DGX100[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Titleist Vokey SM6 50* | SM5 54* | 58*[/b][/color]
[color=#b22222][b]Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0 CounterCore[/b][/color]

[color=#0000cd][b]Callaway FT-9 Tour 8.5* iMix Fubuki Tour 63X[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Titleist 681T 2-PW DGS400[/b][/color]
[b]Odyssey Protype ix #1 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0[/b]

Snells branding is so garbage I won't play em. Opposite for vice. Ball looks cool. I feel cool. I play cool.

You can't be cool when you care what your balls look like

2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
TM M3 3 wood - 14.25* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Srixon u45 DI - 19* - Tensei Pro White Hybrid 100TX
Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

That is the dumbest reason I've ever heard for choosing a ball. No offense, but come on. You buy a ball for performance and feel, not looks. The Snell is the best performing ball on the market dollar for dollar.

That is the dumbest reason I've ever heard for choosing a ball. No offense, but come on. You buy a ball for performance and feel, not looks. The Snell is the best performing ball on the market dollar for dollar.

Amen my friend....

Amen my friend....

I'm going to play devil's advocate and at least try to understand the point of view.

You buy clothes because they look good right? You certainly choose your equipment at least in part because of how it looks....otherwise we wouldn't care about skymarks or using old clubs (and don't tell me people don't care about these things).

If you like the look and feel of the gear you're using, you feel more confident, and you can play better.

Would you play a ball that was $1 cheaper per dozen than Snell, had the same performance, but instead was fluro red and said "I SUCK" in bold letters on it?

Amen my friend....

I'm going to play devil's advocate and at least try to understand the point of view.

You buy clothes because they look good right? You certainly choose your equipment at least in part because of how it looks....otherwise we wouldn't care about skymarks or using old clubs (and don't tell me people don't care about these things).

If you like the look and feel of the gear you're using, you feel more confident, and you can play better.

Would you play a ball that was $1 cheaper per dozen than Snell, had the same performance, but instead was fluro red and said "I SUCK" in bold letters on it?

I agree with this. These balls have negligible performance difference for most people. I prefer Vice's branding over Snell, and cost is almost identical. I am playing the Vice.

• 2 weeks later...

Point I was trying to make is that yes, we care what gear we play with. What clothes we wear etc. there are literally hundreds of threads on this very forum discussing everything from best looking shoes to best looking head covers. Nvm best looking clubs. s***, hundreds of threads of ppl showing off their custom sticks. Why? Because we feel better when we think we have cool gear.

I like cool gear. I like vice. I'm sure snell play great, but their branding sucks. I'm younger and hipper. Maybe if I was old and gray the MTB - my tour ball? Really? - would appeal to me. Fortunately I'm not. And it does not.

It's not like the vice pros are crappy balls. Contrary, they play awesome.

Point I was trying to make is that yes, we care what gear we play with. What clothes we wear etc. there are literally hundreds of threads on this very forum discussing everything from best looking shoes to best looking head covers. Nvm best looking clubs. s***, hundreds of threads of ppl showing off their custom sticks. Why? Because we feel better when we think we have cool gear.

I like cool gear. I like vice. I'm sure snell play great, but their branding sucks. I'm younger and hipper. Maybe if I was old and gray the MTB - my tour ball? Really? - would appeal to me. Fortunately I'm not. And it does not.

I posted this in another thread. I got the comment from another site:

Little bit of insider info…they bought the balls from Foremost 2010 as Flake as well as 2012 as Vice. It is the same ball Foremost has produced since 2010. There is no change. Anyone who wants to start a golf ball company can call Foremost and asked which model they have and how much it cost. Vice doesn’t send them some secret golf ball design and they make it. All Vice does is the packaging and the selling. Acushnet realized all these new golf ball companies used the same exact ball and sued for patent infringement. http://www.golfdiges...companies-named. Same ball – 2010, 2012 and 2017. The latest addition 4 layer urethane existed at Foremost around 2012 as well when others already sold it. Just ask them. Trust me …your research is not deep enough.

I believe the Vice Pro Soft is the Foremost PTS low compression ball found here:

http://www.fgm.com.t...p?type=3&page=1

FYI, I cut open a Vice Pro (regular) and a KickX Tour and they looked identical. LOL

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Little bit of insider info…they bought the balls from Foremost 2010 as Flake as well as 2012 as Vice. It is the same ball Foremost has produced since 2010. There is no change. Anyone who wants to start a golf ball company can call Foremost and asked which model they have and how much it cost. Vice doesn’t send them some secret golf ball design and they make it. All Vice does is the packaging and the selling. Acushnet realized all these new golf ball companies used the same exact ball and sued for patent infringement. http://www.golfdiges...companies-named. Same ball – 2010, 2012 and 2017. The latest addition 4 layer urethane existed at Foremost around 2012 as well when others already sold it. Just ask them. Trust me …your research is not deep enough.

I believe the Vice Pro Soft is the Foremost PTS low compression ball found here:

FYI, I cut open a Vice Pro (regular) and a KickX Tour and they looked identical. LOL

Great info, thanks! They are all selling the same ball with different logo, packaging and prices, seems Foremost is the big winner here.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

I'll tell you what then...Foremost makes a dope a** ball.

Kind of shows you how even though these companies have "breakthroughs" with their balls every year, it's all the same. It's all placebo effect - we think we are getting something special - but it's all the same. Ditto for clubs. Hey look...turbulators! Jailbreak! Shiny two tone crowns!

We are all the suckers.

I'll tell you what then...Foremost makes a dope a** ball.

Kind of shows you how even though these companies have "breakthroughs" with their balls every year, it's all the same. It's all placebo effect - we think we are getting something special - but it's all the same. Ditto for clubs. Hey look...turbulators! Jailbreak! Shiny two tone crowns!

We are all the suckers.

Unlike Taiwanese knockoff vendors, companies like Bridgestone, Callaway, Srixon and Titleist actually do spend money improving golf ball technology. Otherwise we'd still be playing lumpy balls wound with rubber bands.

It's clear who the suckers are, all right. German engineering my aunt fanny.

Wow. That's incredible story. Never would've guessed kick x is vice pro.

So if balls from 2012 which can be had at nearly half the price of new balls from 2017 perform similarly or in some cases out-perform, then I agree it's clear who the suckers are.

You can find plenty of posts here claiming that a Wilson Staff 50 Elite or [name some other cheap-a** Surlyn ball] out-performs any ball you care to name. "In some cases out-perform" has absolutely no meaning in the context of this forum.

I've bought plenty of last-year-model urethane balls for less than the cost of the Vice Pro. It's just a cheap option among many cheap options. Some people find it suits them A-OK and I'd think they would be glad to learn that there are half a dozen other balls out there which are exactly the same.

Foremost makes a lot of balls for other "companies". The Vice balls are the house/generic offering, as in, they're rebranded balls developed by Foremost. They're not bad. The urethane cover leaves some to be desired but there are compromises to be made at that price point.

Wilson also uses Foremost to produce balls, except they use their own engineers/designers/etc.. It's tough to maintain a factory these days. It's just the nature of the business. If you're Vice, why waste your money designing and producing a ball when you can turn a profit on a product that already has a good reputation?

Dean Snell has likely forgotten more about golf ball design than Foremost has ever known. You're compromising less at the same price for a Snell ball. Doesn't mean Vice balls are bad by any stretch. I like the Maxfli U6 balls, Foremost makes them as well. I just know going into it that they're not going to be as durable as something like a ProV, TP5, B-330 etc, but it's a trade off I'm willing to make at 2 dozen for $35.

Dean Snell has likely forgotten more about golf ball design than Foremost has ever known. You're compromising less at the same price for a Snell ball. Doesn't mean Vice balls are bad by any stretch. I like the Maxfli U6 balls, Foremost makes them as well. I just know going into it that they're not going to be as durable as something like a ProV, TP5, B-330 etc, but it's a trade off I'm willing to make at 2 dozen for $35.

And I don't know about you but if I happened to find that a U/6 or Vice Pro or whatever worked better for my game than a Snell or Bridgestone, I'd play the heck out of it and count my lucky stars that the ball that works best happens to be cheap.

Don't know why buying a box of golf balls has to be any tougher than "Do I like the way it performs in my game?" and "How cheap can I find them?". All this agita about what factory makes them or who designed them is at best mildly interesting trivia.

And I don't know about you but if I happened to find that a U/6 or Vice Pro or whatever worked better for my game than a Snell or Bridgestone, I'd play the heck out of it and count my lucky stars that the ball that works best happens to be cheap.

Don't know why buying a box of golf balls has to be any tougher than "Do I like the way it performs in my game?" and "How cheap can I find them?". All this agita about what factory makes them or who designed them is at best mildly interesting trivia.

And how cheap can I find them...that's exactly why it's more than trivia for me. If the same Foremost ball is sold under 4 different brand names, I don't wan't to pay any more than I have to. Vice puts a bit of marketing out there but it doesn't seem to jack the price up too much. A bulk order still comes in at $25/dozen. Idk if that can be beat with any other Foremost production but it's helpful to know I should be looking around if my wallet is concerned.

And how cheap can I find them...that's exactly why it's more than trivia for me. If the same Foremost ball is sold under 4 different brand names, I don't wan't to pay any more than I have to. Vice puts a bit of marketing out there but it doesn't seem to jack the price up too much. A bulk order still comes in at $25/dozen. Idk if that can be beat with any other Foremost production but it's helpful to know I should be looking around if my wallet is concerned.

If you like the Vice Pro then you should have stocked up on the Maxfli Tour from 2010...same ball. I believe the Vice Pro Soft is the Maxfli Tour-LC with a 336 dimple cover instead of 318. I am starting to believe the whole industry is one big marketing scam. Vice is a marketing company. At least Snell has actually designed golf balls for around 20 years.

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

If you like the Vice Pro then you should have stocked up on the Maxfli Tour from 2010...same ball. I believe the Vice Pro Soft is the Maxfli Tour-LC with a 336 dimple cover instead of 318. I am starting to believe the whole industry is one big marketing scam. Vice is a marketing company. At least Snell has actually designed golf balls for around 20 years.

I'd love those Maxflis. So if I could get those maxflis in the Vice lime color, sign me up.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

Amen my friend....

I gotta agree, looks matter. I used to avoid the fg tour cause the writing looked cheap, but would have tried it if it had had the traditional staff logo, which looks super cool. You have to like the look of your equipment to play your best.