Project X Handcrafted EvenFlow reviews ***WRX TEST GROUP REVIEWS***

What is it about this thread that keeps getting it moved from Pre-release forum to equipment? :dntknw: My replacement Black 6.0 finally arrived. Can't wait to hit the range in the next couple of days! I had been in love with the T1100 and can't even imagine how it could be smoother so I am dying to find out.

PXG Gen 4 0811XT 9* Tensei White AV RAW 65X

PXG Gen 4 0341X 3W Tensei White AV RAW 75X

PXG Gen 1 0211 19* Tensei White AV RAW 90X

PXG 0317ST 4-W Extreme Darkness PX LZ 6.5

PXG SD2 50* & 54 PX LZ 6.0

PXG SD 58*

PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack Slant neck 34" 

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is it about this thread that keeps getting it moved from Pre-release forum to equipment? :dntknw: My replacement Black 6.0 finally arrived. Can't wait to hit the range in the next couple of days! I had been in love with the T1100 and can't even imagine how it could be smoother so I am dying to find out.

I reported it again to have it moved back

I have a tourney tomorrow - it will be the black even flow in the m2 instead if the copperhead. Will report back after

PING G430 LST / 9* (dialed to 10.5*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Dark Speed LS / 3w (dialed to 15.5*) / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Aright fellas -- played two rounds with this guy on the weekend -- have some interesting thoughts on it, specifically when compared to the Copperhead.

Driver Specs:

- 2017 M2 (non-tour head) 10.5* with lead tape on heel, forward

- both shafts play to 45.25" long

- both setups listed below were played at D4 (copper) and D5 (even flow black) respectively

- both setups were put in the standard loft position

- neither shaft has been tipped

Even Flow Black 65g 6.5(X):

This shaft is a T1100 that's been massaged. The T1100 was a bit firmer, more stout, harsher feedback -- but flat out delivers good ballspeed, decent low spin (unless the indian puts a bad move on it) and dispersion is pretty good but doesn't like to go left. The Even Flow Black is a smoother, just as stable, predictable, don't-go-left shaft with a paint scheme that's pretty darn awesome in my M2. I hit a bunch of bombs this weekend that just wanted to go absolutely dead nuts straight. It was obvious to me that the Even Flow Black, for me, was getting a touch less spin than the T1100 since a miss was just a baby cut, not a high spinny one out to the right (the T1100 felt like if you eazed off it a touch, it wanted to push balls right). i DID hit a few draws with it, but i really had to try to get it to work. realistically i'd just rather play a straight ball or a baby cut.

Now, i'm sure you're all wondering -- "but Gio...what about the 'walk on water' Copperhead?"

Here's the hard truth -- for my swing, and my golf game:

if i need to hit a fairway -- i use the copper.

if i want to hit bombs that roll for a long time -- i use the even flow.

when comparing the two, i know for a fact how far and where the copper is going - i know i'm just getting used to the even flow, but i can tell from where i was on the course (played this course 5+ times with the copper already) that the even flow was a consistent 10y or more past the copper.

when comparing the two for FEEL -- i think it's honestly a toss of a coin. the copper has a bit more of an energy release feel while the even flow is a lot like a blueboard type (sorry diamana) feel with whiteboard results.

if anyone has questions on how the even flow black compares to any of the following -- i'll gladly try to answer them

- T1100

- KK DC

- Copperhead

- Black Mamba

- Speeder Pro XLR8

- KK XT

- GP-7/GP-6

- White/Blueboard series

- Tensei Pro White

i'll take some pics tonight - however it would appear rookieblue took care of that.

How did you like it against Tensei PW? Also iirc, you hit high balls like i do and how did it compare in ball flight/trajectory/LA?

[color=#0000cd][b]Taylormade M1 460 8.5* (2016) Tensei Pro Orange 70TX[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]TEE E8 Beta 13* 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 70X[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Callaway Razr X MB H Stamp 3-PW [/b][/color][color=#0000ff][b]DGX100[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Titleist Vokey SM6 50* | SM5 54* | 58*[/b][/color]
[color=#b22222][b]Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0 CounterCore[/b][/color]

[color=#0000cd][b]Callaway FT-9 Tour 8.5* iMix Fubuki Tour 63X[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Titleist 681T 2-PW DGS400[/b][/color]
[b]Odyssey Protype ix #1 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0[/b]

Aright fellas -- played two rounds with this guy on the weekend -- have some interesting thoughts on it, specifically when compared to the Copperhead.

Driver Specs:

- both setups listed below were played at D4 (copper) and D5 (even flow black) respectively

This shaft is a T1100 that's been massaged. The T1100 was a bit firmer, more stout, harsher feedback -- but flat out delivers good ballspeed, decent low spin (unless the indian puts a bad move on it) and dispersion is pretty good but doesn't like to go left. The Even Flow Black is a smoother, just as stable, predictable, don't-go-left shaft with a paint scheme that's pretty darn awesome in my M2. I hit a bunch of bombs this weekend that just wanted to go absolutely dead nuts straight. It was obvious to me that the Even Flow Black, for me, was getting a touch less spin than the T1100 since a miss was just a baby cut, not a high spinny one out to the right (the T1100 felt like if you eazed off it a touch, it wanted to push balls right). i DID hit a few draws with it, but i really had to try to get it to work. realistically i'd just rather play a straight ball or a baby cut.

Now, i'm sure you're all wondering -- "but Gio...what about the 'walk on water' Copperhead?"

when comparing the two, i know for a fact how far and where the copper is going - i know i'm just getting used to the even flow, but i can tell from where i was on the course (played this course 5+ times with the copper already) that the even flow was a consistent 10y or more past the copper.

when comparing the two for FEEL -- i think it's honestly a toss of a coin. the copper has a bit more of an energy release feel while the even flow is a lot like a blueboard type (sorry diamana) feel with whiteboard results.

if anyone has questions on how the even flow black compares to any of the following -- i'll gladly try to answer them

- T1100

- KK DC

- Copperhead

- Black Mamba

- Speeder Pro XLR8

- KK XT

- GP-7/GP-6

- White/Blueboard series

- Tensei Pro White

i'll take some pics tonight - however it would appear rookieblue took care of that.

How did you like it against Tensei PW? Also iirc, you hit high balls like i do and how did it compare in ball flight/trajectory/LA?

The tensei and the even launch similarly, but I couldn't get the pw to spin enough for me. The even flow is pretty much ideal for me right now.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Driver Specs:

- T1100

- KK DC

- Copperhead

- Black Mamba

- Speeder Pro XLR8

- KK XT

- GP-7/GP-6

- White/Blueboard series

- Tensei Pro White

The tensei and the even launch similarly, but I couldn't get the pw to spin enough for me. The even flow is pretty much ideal for me right now.

45.25" for both shafts?

[color=#0000cd][b]Taylormade M1 460 8.5* (2016) Tensei Pro Orange 70TX[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Callaway Razr X MB H Stamp 3-PW [/b][/color][color=#0000ff][b]DGX100[/b][/color]
[color=#b22222][b]Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0 CounterCore[/b][/color]

Driver Specs:

- T1100

- KK DC

- Copperhead

- Black Mamba

- Speeder Pro XLR8

- KK XT

- GP-7/GP-6

- White/Blueboard series

- Tensei Pro White

45.25" for both shafts?

Yessir

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Driver Specs:

- T1100

- KK DC

- Copperhead

- Black Mamba

- Speeder Pro XLR8

- KK XT

- GP-7/GP-6

- White/Blueboard series

- Tensei Pro White

45.25" for both shafts?

Yessir

Awesome!!! Thanks. I think it might be due to the swingweight but i can't seem to hit shorter shafted drivers. Don't ask me why or how

Other clubs i have trouble hitting: Hybrids, and GI irons with large soles

I had the good fortune to test out the Even Flow Blue 65g 6.5 in my Ping G30 LST during my trip to Maui. Along with some range time, I used the shaft for three rounds, hitting driver as much as possible, encountering both windy and calm conditions at Kapalua, Wailea and the Dunes at Maui Lani.

Currently I game the stock Ping Tour 65 X shaft. While it may seem odd for a WRX’er to use a stock shaft, the Ping Tour 65 shaft accomplishes one very important thing for my game. It keeps the left side out of play. Any miss on the left side is due to a slight pull, but never a snap hook. This is in contrast to so many of the shafts I have played in the past.

I have a 112ss, and more of a smooth tempo than a hitter’s tempo, so the challenge with the Ping Tour shaft is getting it to load properly as it’s very stiff. A smooth, ¾ swing will either result in a lower ball flight, or a slight push fade, but a ball that is still in play. It has been difficult for me to find a shaft that I can put an easy swing on, and it loads, but when I want to really swing for the fences, it still keeps the left side out of play. After three rounds with the Even Flow, I am thrilled to say that I did not hit one snap hook, and this shaft loads even when not swinging for the fences (but can handle a strong swing). Without a doubt, this is my new gamer.

I have gone through countless shafts trying to find what Even Flow accomplishes. The previous closest I have gotten is the Speeder Evolution II (blue with red writing). That gave me fantastic launch and spin, but it did bring the left side into play.

Separately, the shaft is really beautiful to look at. In the grand scheme of things, that is VERY LOW on the totem pole for what’s important, but the crystal blue looks fantastic, especially when shot against the backdrop of the Hawaiian ocean!

It has been said that this shaft is the “yang” to the “yin” of the HZRDUS series. After giving the Yellow, Red and T1100 a shot, I can say that I believe this to be true. The T1100 and Yellow really came alive when putting a full swing on it. The problem for me was in the morning, if I was still cold, it could lead to me leaning back trying to get 100% out of those shafts and snap hooking it.

I am excited for wider availability of the Blue and Black. I trust that anyone who is looking for the ultimate combination of feel and performance, without having to swing out of their shoes, will appreciate the Even Flow offerings.

[color=#000000]Ping G30 LST - Ping Tour 65x[/color]
[color=#000000]Mizzy Fli-Hi 3 iron - Project X 6.0
Cobra Fly-Z Pro 4-AW - DG X100 ss1x
Vokey Wedgeworks 54* K Grind- DG S200
Ping Glide (SS) 60*/Lob Combo Grind - DG S400
Cameron Select NP2[/color]

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/533027-jlevitt9s-witb-set-for-2013-possibly/"]WITB Link[/url]

Had one range session with Black 65 6.0. I very much echo what the others have found that Even Flow is much easier to load comparing to T1100. To me it feels a lot more like the Yellow that came in my M1 with a slightly lower ball flight.

I only tried a few swings to hit a draw so I don't have a conclusion yet, but it seems to be easier than T1100 to do so. It was nearly impossible to get a draw with T1100.

PXG SD 58*

Used my black/M2 combo to shoot a -2, 70 to win my tourney by 3 shots. I hit 10/14 fairways for the day but missed only one fairway with the driver. Overall I realized the more I'm playing with it the more consistent I'm getting. One note, I'm hitting straighter than I ever have. No draws, very minor cuts...but 95% of the time u can hang clothes on it.

Playing again today -

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Had a second range session and getting on terms better with this 6.0 Black. I would very much stick to my previous post that this one is almost like a mix up with HZRDUS yellow and T1100. Ball flight was similar to what I got with T1100 but feel was more like a yellow.

I really didn't have to swing "balls to the wall" like I use to do with T1100 and get very similar result in terms of flight and distance. Having used nothing but the T1100 for pretty much this entire season so far, I was having a hard time to restrain myself and ease up on the tempo. I don't know if others have similar finding but when I am swinging too quick impact actually felt very dead. It's almost like the shaft never got a chance to release at all. It almost felt like what you would get when you hit an iron fat...

I was amazed at reading 17 pg long discussion on this shaft at another site, and many have commented that the Blue could be the best feeling shaft ever. now I am intrigued...

PXG SD 58*

Is there a release date set yet?

9/16, don't know pricing though. I assume the standard $300 to start with?

On the other forum, many are crying that 9/16 is going to be a very expensive day.

PXG SD 58*

Is there a release date set yet?

9/16, don't know pricing though. I assume the standard $300 to start with?

On the other forum, many are crying that 9/16 is going to be a very expensive day.

Our MSRP is the same as HZRDUS, but that's only MSRP, expect similar pricing to HZRDUS.

WITB

Driver-Titleist TSr3 9* w/ HZRDUS Green 60TX (HULK)

3 Wood-Titleist TSi2 15* w/ ACCRA TZFive 70 M5 (Masters Edition)

Irons-Taylormade P7MC 3-PW w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Wedges-Titleist Vokey 56.12D &60.12D w/ Dynamic Gold Mid S400

Putter-Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec Newport 2 w/ Steelfiber i125p

it's safe to say this, but the xtorsion copper has been put on hold for awhile. the even flow black is in the bag for the foreseeable future.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

So I have had a few more range sessions, and I am still not in love with my Black 6.0 yet. Comparing to T1100, yes it is a lot easier to load, yes you feel a lot more kick through impact and yes it's a little easier to get the club to turn over, but I still struggle to get the tempo right with this shaft. I have yet to see any distance gain vs T1100 either, likely because as I am trying to slow down the tempo I am not getting as much club head speed as before.

I will keep working on this and see if I can get this to work for me.

PXG SD 58*

I've assembled mine (had it done for days now). I honestly think it's monsoon season for north Georgia. Or the great flood. I can't decide which. It has rained every day for about a week now and today? More of the same.

As for the build, I flo'd the shaft using the tip tracer from Golf Mechanix. It came out graphics up in the most stable orientation, which is fine, graphics don't bother me at all. My T1100 is the same way. Looks like there will be a break on Saturday. Rain today (already misting), 50% chance tomorrow but only overcast Saturday and Sunday back to rainy...

I've assembled mine (had it done for days now). I honestly think it's monsoon season for north Georgia. Or the great flood. I can't decide which. It has rained every day for about a week now and today? More of the same.

As for the build, I flo'd the shaft using the tip tracer from Golf Mechanix. It came out graphics up in the most stable orientation, which is fine, graphics don't bother me at all. My T1100 is the same way. Looks like there will be a break on Saturday. Rain today (already misting), 50% chance tomorrow but only overcast Saturday and Sunday back to rainy...

intrigued to hear what you think about it - and hopefully you can put golf shoes on instead of waders.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

I've replaced my HZRDUS Yellow with the Even Flow Blue. I didn't see any distance gains and ball flight was very similar but the Blue feels better. The Blue seems to work better on my bad swings too.

I don't know if the Blue is the best feeling shaft I've ever hit but I do think it is the best feeling PX shaft I've hit. Hard to describe but it feels really good...can feel it load without it feeling like you lose the clubhead yet has a firmness to it.

Taylormade M3 460 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 917 F2 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 816 H1 - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8 HB
Cobra King Forged Tour - 5-PW - DG 105
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50/54/58 - DG 115
Scotty Cameron Futura 6M