Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Best ball mark repair tool

Comments

• jar52187jar52187 Members Posts: 9 ✭✭
    As long as you know how to repair, shouldn't matter what tool. I hate seeing people dig up dirt on the green, especially with a top of the line tool
  • johnnybogeyjohnnybogey Members Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Big fan of the single prong divot tool. Picked this up from eBay a few years ago.

https://imgur.com/a/zJPKA
    Ping G410 LST 9* Tensei Pro White 
    Ping G410 17* hybrid 
    Ping G10 21* hybrid 
    Mizuno Hot Metal Pro 5-AW Recoil 95 Prototype
    TM Hi Toe 54*
    TM Hi Toe 58*
    Bettinardi Inovai 2.0
    WITB Link
  • MSBMSB Members Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    I use a standard two prong metal divot tool i picked up at a nice club in my area years ago. Never really thought much of it, but now in true wrx fashion I'm on the hunt for a 'nicer' one.

Add this to alignment stick covers as things I didn't know i needed to spend $100 on to play golf.
  • NorthMNgolferNorthMNgolfer ClubWRX Posts: 301 ✭✭
    I switched to the new Pitch Fix Fusion 2.5 about a month ago and love it. I had been using a Cameron tool for 15 years before that. This just sits in the pocket nicer and has my ball marker right on it. Plus I think it fixes divots nicer too. I was never a fan of the switchblade style divot tools before but I sure like this.

https://www.pitchfixusa.com/product/fusion-2-5-gunblue/
    My Current Bag.

Callaway Rouge 9* - HZRDUS Yellow 6.0 65
    Taylormade M1 3 HL Wood - HZRDUS Yellow 6.0 75
    Taylormade GAPR 2 - HZRDUS Black 6.0 85
    Taylormade M1 4h -
    Ping i25 Irons - 5-PW
    Taylormade Hi Toe 50*
    Taylormade Hi Toe 56*
    Taylormade Hi Tow 60*
    Odyssey O-Works Red #1 Wide S - Flat Cat Tak
  • Roadking_6Roadking_6 Members Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got my tool/marker from Lumpy (Xenon) after he finished my new putter. Was waiting for my 3rd (last) child to be born so I could have all their birthdays.

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:4040200]
  • LaxinMaximusLaxinMaximus Members Posts: 109 ✭✭
    I love my Tyson Lamb divot tool!
  • Stephen1125Stephen1125 Members Posts: 431 ✭✭✭✭
    Here's a new company with a pretty sweet divot tool. It's a ball marker, divot tool, alignment aid, bottle opener, etc.

https://birdicorn.com
  • smittysmitty Members Posts: 262 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a few auto ball mark tools I use, had them since I started playing. Decided to give them a facelift. Sanded off the golf ano for a brushed finish. Ground off the brass button GT Knives logos and polished up the buttons. Made two Timascus inserts where the ball markers went, sanded flat and epoxied in as permanent inlays. Then made two clips and anodized some titanium screws I found to match. Finally I torched the forks to match the color theme best I could. I like how they came out.

lC2uJWf.jpg

XDJSeUC.jpg

mvdnunw.jpg
  • ruffellprefleyruffellprefley Members Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    wow! nice custom jobs!
  • smittysmitty Members Posts: 262 ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you very much, everything was done with angle grinder, belt sander and my mitts lol.
  • 2ball2ball LEFTY Members Posts: 612 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smitty wrote:

I have a few auto ball mark tools I use, had them since I started playing. Decided to give them a facelift. Sanded off the golf ano for a brushed finish. Ground off the brass button GT Knives logos and polished up the buttons. Made two Timascus inserts where the ball markers went, sanded flat and epoxied in as permanent inlays. Then made two clips and anodized some titanium screws I found to match. Finally I torched the forks to match the color theme best I could. I like how they came out.

lC2uJWf.jpg

XDJSeUC.jpg

mvdnunw.jpg

super cool love the silver
  • Ghost_556Ghost_556 Members Posts: 117 ✭✭✭
    Picked up one of the Birdicorn based on this thread. Looks like a simple, useful design. Thanks for the info!
  • soregongolfersoregongolfer Members Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    lkangsterl wrote:

It's like a Swiss army knife. Pretty nifty!
  • Newbs24Newbs24 Members Posts: 137 ✭✭✭
    Love my Pingman divot tool and ball marker... Almost cried when I misplaced it and thought it was gone
  • lookylookitzadamlookylookitzadam SoCalMembers Posts: 559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That birdicorn tool looks awesome. It might replace my golfwrx tool.
  • hybrid25hybrid25 michiganMembers Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I love my pitch fix switchblade ball repair tool, but the downside occasionally is when it opens up in my pocket.
  • CwingCwing #TaylorMade TwistFace Experience 2018 Go Big Blue!!! 8x Champs. Who Dey !!! Go Bengals,Members Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghost_556 wrote:

Picked up one of the Birdicorn based on this thread. Looks like a simple, useful design. Thanks for the info!

Reviews please.
    TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
    PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s
    Cleveland RTX 54*
    Cleveland RTX 58*
    Seemore si5
    Garmin g6/Precision Pro Nx7 Pro slope
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/838786-cwings-witb-2013/
  • Stephen1125Stephen1125 Members Posts: 431 ✭✭✭✭
    Cwing wrote:
    Ghost_556 wrote:

Reviews please.
    I bought a birdicorn tool too. A few weeks ago they offered 50% off for making a social media post and tagging them. I couldn't be happier with it.

I use to carry a poker chip for a ball marker, a pitch fix divot tool, a tee and my ball all in my right front pocket. Now I only have the birdicorn tool, tee and ball.

The tool is a great size, it's super light weight and serves its purpose well. I haven't used it as a ball maker yet(draw a line) but it fixes divots easily, works great as a bottle opener, the ball marker is a good size and easy to see. I used it to keep my grips off the wet ground too, that was nice to have.

My only suggestion would be a slightly stronger magnet. It holds the ball marker well but it's easy to shake or knock out of the divot tool.
  • johnjinglejohnjingle Banned Posts: 81

What are the best & coolest ball mark repair tools out there in the market? Secondly, please explain to me why some call them divot tools? They aren't a tool for fixing a divot!��

Love it! Could not agree more... its a ball mark not a divot!

I like to keep it simple, my favorite is the plastic single prong tool the starter was giving out at the first tee at the Warren Course at Notre Dame. Its light in my pocket and fixes ball marks well.
  • hybrid25hybrid25 michiganMembers Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Cwing wrote:
    Ghost_556 wrote:

Reviews please.
    I bought a birdicorn tool too. A few weeks ago they offered 50% off for making a social media post and tagging them. I couldn't be happier with it.

I use to carry a poker chip for a ball marker, a pitch fix divot tool, a tee and my ball all in my right front pocket. Now I only have the birdicorn tool, tee and ball.

The tool is a great size, it's super light weight and serves its purpose well. I haven't used it as a ball maker yet(draw a line) but it fixes divots easily, works great as a bottle opener, the ball marker is a good size and easy to see. I used it to keep my grips off the wet ground too, that was nice to have.

My only suggestion would be a slightly stronger magnet. It holds the ball marker well but it's easy to shake or knock out of the divot tool.
    The pitch fix works great for keeping the grips off the green. I played early this morning and used it to keep my sandwedge off the damp grass no problem. Even though it has the rounded end the rubber grips stick to it easily. I like the pitch fix because it gives you more leverage to move the turf towards the center of the ball mark. Sure the others were well enough but it is easier with the pitch fix. Also there is a very good magnet on the pitch fix, and as far as opening a bottle of beer, LOL, I think I can get by without that.
  • Ghost_556Ghost_556 Members Posts: 117 ✭✭✭
    Cwing wrote:

Ghost_556 wrote:

Reviews please.

Will do, it's still on the way.
  • PattySalPattySal Members Posts: 52
    The GolfWrx Repair tool with massive super-powered magnet for ball marker. Your Welcome.
  • cbole22cbole22 Members Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    WITB
    Ping G 9.5* LST Oban Devotion 7x05
    Ping G25 FW 15*
    Ping G25 Hybrid 19*
    JPX-900 Forged 4-GW Dynamic Gold X-100
    Cleveland RTX-3 54, 58
    Bettinardi SS28
  • 1puttTUT1puttTUT Lefty with occasional game Members Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    hybrid25 wrote:

Cwing wrote:
    Ghost_556 wrote:

Reviews please.

The pitch fix works great for keeping the grips off the green. I played early this morning and used it to keep my sandwedge off the damp grass no problem. Even though it has the rounded end the rubber grips stick to it easily. I like the pitch fix because it gives you more leverage to move the turf towards the center of the ball mark. Sure the others were well enough but it is easier with the pitch fix. Also there is a very good magnet on the pitch fix, and as far as opening a bottle of beer, LOL, I think I can get by without that.

I always keep a bottle opener hooked on my golf bag...although I try to get cans instead.
    Cobra F8 10.5D w/ Hazardous Yellow
    Cobra F8 16* w/ Aldila Blue 2KXVs
    Titleist 915H 18* w/Aldila Rogue 95MSI
    Titleist 913H 21* w/Diamana 92Hy
    Titleist 915H 24* w/Diamana 92Hy
    Mizuno 919F 66-GW w/Nippon Modus3 105s
    Titleist Vokey SM6 54*/58* w/ Nippon Modus3 125s
    TP Mills Trad II roundneck
  • CwingCwing #TaylorMade TwistFace Experience 2018 Go Big Blue!!! 8x Champs. Who Dey !!! Go Bengals,Members Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
    PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s
    Cleveland RTX 54*
    Cleveland RTX 58*
    Seemore si5
    Garmin g6/Precision Pro Nx7 Pro slope
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/838786-cwings-witb-2013/
  • atomheartmotheratomheartmother Members Posts: 123
    I've been eyeballing this guy. I like how you can use it as a club prop for your putter/wedge (which you can do with any two pronged repair tool, but the indent is cool). It just seems a bit pricey and just sharp enough to potentially puncture the old scrot.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/273705240/carbon-fiber-golf-divot-tool-opener?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=carbon golf&ref=sr_gallery_1

• vjtexpvjtexp Members Posts: 82
    I have a Scotty one that I got in a White Elephant X-mas gift exchange last year. Love it
  • 1puttTUT1puttTUT Lefty with occasional game Members Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I've been eyeballing this guy. I like how you can use it as a club prop for your putter/wedge (which you can do with any two pronged repair tool, but the indent is cool). It just seems a bit pricey and just sharp enough to potentially puncture the old scrot.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/273705240/carbon-fiber-golf-divot-tool-opener?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=carbon golf&ref=sr_gallery_1

$19 seems pretty reasonable. My Tyson Lamb was $90.
    Cobra F8 10.5D w/ Hazardous Yellow
    Cobra F8 16* w/ Aldila Blue 2KXVs
    Titleist 915H 18* w/Aldila Rogue 95MSI
    Titleist 913H 21* w/Diamana 92Hy
    Titleist 915H 24* w/Diamana 92Hy
    Mizuno 919F 66-GW w/Nippon Modus3 105s
    Titleist Vokey SM6 54*/58* w/ Nippon Modus3 125s
    TP Mills Trad II roundneck
  • atomheartmotheratomheartmother Members Posts: 123
    Yeah, it's not too bad. I just have a hard time spending more than a few bucks on something that will probably fall out of my pocket. I'll probably order it though.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file