Project X Handcrafted EvenFlow reviews ***WRX TEST GROUP REVIEWS***

I've assembled mine (had it done for days now). I honestly think it's monsoon season for north Georgia. Or the great flood. I can't decide which. It has rained every day for about a week now and today? More of the same.

As for the build, I flo'd the shaft using the tip tracer from Golf Mechanix. It came out graphics up in the most stable orientation, which is fine, graphics don't bother me at all. My T1100 is the same way. Looks like there will be a break on Saturday. Rain today (already misting), 50% chance tomorrow but only overcast Saturday and Sunday back to rainy...

intrigued to hear what you think about it - and hopefully you can put golf shoes on instead of waders.

It's not "raining" yet today. Just overcast and a light mist. Hoping that it blows out and we get some wind behind it this afternoon and tonight

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've assembled mine (had it done for days now). I honestly think it's monsoon season for north Georgia. Or the great flood. I can't decide which. It has rained every day for about a week now and today? More of the same.

As for the build, I flo'd the shaft using the tip tracer from Golf Mechanix. It came out graphics up in the most stable orientation, which is fine, graphics don't bother me at all. My T1100 is the same way. Looks like there will be a break on Saturday. Rain today (already misting), 50% chance tomorrow but only overcast Saturday and Sunday back to rainy...

intrigued to hear what you think about it - and hopefully you can put golf shoes on instead of waders.

It's not "raining" yet today. Just overcast and a light mist. Hoping that it blows out and we get some wind behind it this afternoon and tonight

I'm +3 thru 12 at Bethpage black...partner and I are playing a club length off the back of every tee lol

PING G430 LST / 9* (dialed to 10.5*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Dark Speed LS / 3w (dialed to 15.5*) / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Thanks for all of these reviews. It makes me even more excited to get mine and install my 917 tip on and give it a go. I cant wait to see how it feels and performs vs my Atmos Black 6tx.

I'm +3 thru 12 at Bethpage black...partner and I are playing a club length off the back of every tee lol

I was totally in the group behind you!!

How many balls did you see him drop out of his pocket?

Gotta keep an eye on that one!

TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 8* - Tensei White Pro 70TX

Callaway Paradym TD 3 wood (14*) - Kai'Li White 80x (tipped extra 1/2")

Callaway UW 17* - Kai'Li White 90TX

Callaway Mavrik Pro 3 (20*) - Kai'Li White 100TX

Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 5-9 - KBS Tour V 125 S+

Titleist Vokey 46, 50, 55 & 60 - KBS 610

TaylorMade Spider S Platinum Single Bend - KBS CT Tour Matte Black shaft

Haha no sh!t??

34bfe0917bf01143ad949890e4bc3efc.jpg

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

...did you ever get your second place prize? ;)

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

...did you ever get your second place prize? ;)

Lol....yep, I got to play with the winner...even got a hand shake from him!

TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 8* - Tensei White Pro 70TX

Callaway Paradym TD 3 wood (14*) - Kai'Li White 80x (tipped extra 1/2")

Callaway UW 17* - Kai'Li White 90TX

Callaway Mavrik Pro 3 (20*) - Kai'Li White 100TX

Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 5-9 - KBS Tour V 125 S+

Titleist Vokey 46, 50, 55 & 60 - KBS 610

TaylorMade Spider S Platinum Single Bend - KBS CT Tour Matte Black shaft

I finally got to hit this shaft today. I murdered the ball with it. The "more lively T1100" is spot on. I hit my driver well all day today then hit this shaft after the round (was running a little behind and didn't want to rush through putting it through the paces to find a setting). The launch is a touch higher than the T1100 for me but not much. The activity the tip has is the biggest difference to me. I didn't hit a single ball (save one, story in a second) that didn't go where I wanted it to. And I carried every ball into the trees at the end of the range (tees were up, trees were at 270 according to the Tour X). I could work it a little more than the T1100 but not much. The T1100 just wants to go straight. This one I can turn over either direction. The shaft is very very smooth feeling, I can feel it load a little more at the top. I'd imagine a little smoother transition wouldn't feel the load as much as I do, but my move from the top I really pull down after aggressively activating my hips. It's not the most aggressive move I've seen, but it's how I generate my speed. Not too shabby I don't suppose for someone that's never had a golf lesson ever. I like this shaft a lot and want to work with it some more. That said the PX lineup is getting very very good right now and their shafts work as good as any I've ever hit for me.

So on to the story about the one ball that didn't go where I wanted. I'd ripped drive after drive after drive. Like driving nails. I was getting toward the end of the bucket and was videoing swings (mainly to look at later). I happened to catch it on video. Teed it up and made a good pass on it. The range ball split in half and the pieces whirred through the air very loudly. Like the guy a few places down from me jumped and said "what the h&*l was that" it was so loud. You can hear it whirring in the video lol. Thought it was pretty neat I caught it on video so figured I'd share it (hopefully it plays here from Photobucket). (Nevermind had to link it).

http://s844.photobucket.com/user/ColbyEvans/media/0A329CB7-8FB4-404B-9936-B6254C76FD2D_zpswn5ixpla.mp4.html

Played 2 rounds with my evenflow black 75 6.5 and so far it's really good. Don't have any trackman numbers on it yet but it seems to be fairly low like the T1100 but much easier to load and softer feeling. With that being said as much as it feels like it should go left on me it doesn't. Haven't done enough testing yet to difinitaively say it's better than the T1100 but on days when it not swinging as well or tired this will be much easier to play.

Spec wise it's not as counterbalanced as the T1100 I was able to remove 3G of headweight to achieve the same swingweight. Which is about the only thing I don't like about the T1100 the head started to feel a little on the heavy side. However I also had to start with a .600 core grip this time and add a few tapered layers of tape on the bottom hand to get the grip the same as my others. The shaft starts at about .620 and tapers quite quickly from the butt end. Compared to the T1100 which freq at 8.5 tipped 1/2" at 44.5 and D4. The EvenFlow black is softer at 7.5 44.5" tipped 1" D4.

Interested to see if there will be a 95g black or high 80g black version to beat out my T1100

ForTourUseOnly's WITB

Titleist TSR3 9 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60 TX

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80 TX

Titleist TSR1 20 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Pro Orange 100HY TX

Titleist T200U 2i - 19° w/ Mitsubishi Chemical MMT UT Utility Iron 105 TX

Titleist T150 4i, T100 5i-9i w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey SM9 47F, 51.5F, 56S, 60.05T w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue

Scotty Cameron Fastback TFB-1.5 T22 Tour

Played 2 rounds with my evenflow black 75 6.5 and so far it's really good. Don't have any trackman numbers on it yet but it seems to be fairly low like the T1100 but much easier to load and softer feeling. With that being said as much as it feels like it should go left on me it doesn't. Haven't done enough testing yet to difinitaively say it's better than the T1100 but on days when it not swinging as well or tired this will be much easier to play.

Spec wise it's not as counterbalanced as the T1100 I was able to remove 3G of headweight to achieve the same swingweight. Which is about the only thing I don't like about the T1100 the head started to feel a little on the heavy side. However I also had to start with a .600 core grip this time and add a few tapered layers of tape on the bottom hand to get the grip the same as my others. The shaft starts at about .620 and tapers quite quickly from the butt end. Compared to the T1100 which freq at 8.5 tipped 1/2" at 44.5 and D4. The EvenFlow black is softer at 7.5 44.5" tipped 1" D4.

Interested to see if there will be a 95g black or high 80g black version to beat out my T1100

I couldn't agree more with you on the feels like it should go left on you because it is so smooth and easier to load compared the the T1100, but doesn't. The T1100 is an amazing shaft and loves to go straight, but I prefer the feel of the Even Flow. I am going to get some more rounds with the EF, but if it continues to perform like it has so far I will be sticking with it. Smooth, easy to load but super stable.

My swing weights came out almost identical between the T1100 and the Even Flow Black, both 65G 6.5 (I think the Even Flow 65 is closer to 69g and the T1100 is 64-65g, so that might have had something to do with it).

I know there is an 85g Even Flow Black out on tour that I have seen. I just don't think it will be coming to retail besides the 85g Hybrid.

I'm obviously not involved in this particular test, as a board sponsor, but we have hit these. Very smooth feeling shafts with a lot of life to them. "Active" profile is what we call it. It reminds me of some of the older Speeder shafts where you can really feel them load up and kick. If that's something you like or can use a bit more elevation than Hzrdus line, they might work for you.

I spent more time today with the EvenFlow. Same results as yesterday. Bomb after bomb with a higher peak height than I've been seeing in the T1100 (ever so slightly). I'm hoping to find a Trackman local I can get on to really do number for number on them, but if my suspicions are right, they're going to be pretty close in terms of numbers. The launch angles are similar, the EvenFlow taking slightly less time to start climbing to peak height. The active tip is a design I like. I also like the counterbalance of the T1100. (It works exceptionally well in the 72 gram model in the M1 fairway I've been MURDERING since install. I was even asked why I use driver at all except for a couple holes at the home course. They said they think I should add a 5 wood and call it a day lol. I don't know if I'd go that far as I generally have trouble with the 5 wood because they appear more closed.)

I am at a point I can give initial impressions of the EvenFlow, though, for sure. It gives you a touch more workability than the T1100. It's not totally anti-left but it's darn close. I had to really work to shape this one as much as I was able to. Part of that may be a swing flaw my self analysis hasn't found yet (I did post the one video above that can catch the ball splitting). I do feel like I maintain my spine angle fairly well and transfer my weight pretty well. I've been a + handicap before (high school, playing daily), but now I'm a weekender that has a huge affinity for equipment. This shaft is very responsive, I suppose, is how I'd describe it. It responds to being loaded at the top and responds at the bottom when it's called upon to uncork all the stored energy right at the moment of impact. I'm calling my cousin Tuesday to see if he can get me on the CC's Trackman (I'm not a member, but it could be mutual benefit for both of us. I'd pay them for the time on it of course, and it'd give the practice area it's in a little more exposure to the largest site out there. If they say no, my next resort will be hoping someone has a MEVO I could jump on. I'd love to compare and contrast actual data other than just ball flight (even though ball flight is what matters the most to my game). I don't believe there will be many people out that that would find disappointment in this shaft or that the shaft can deliver exactly what they want if it fits their needs and game. Ready to give it a live 18 hole test run.

Why does it seem like I am the only one who can't come to terms with this shaft?

PXG Gen 4 0811XT 9* Tensei White AV RAW 65X

PXG Gen 4 0341X 3W Tensei White AV RAW 75X

PXG Gen 1 0211 19* Tensei White AV RAW 90X

PXG 0317ST 4-W Extreme Darkness PX LZ 6.5

PXG SD2 50* & 54 PX LZ 6.0

PXG SD 58*

PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack Slant neck 34" 

Why does it seem like I am the only one who can't come to terms with this shaft?

same reason i couldn't come to terms with the black mamba, tensei white or orange v2...sometimes...it just don't fit.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

same reason i couldn't come to terms with the black mamba, tensei white or orange v2...sometimes...it just don't fit.

But I am not even feeling the smoothness everyone is describing. To me it kicks like a mule

PXG SD 58*

But I am not even feeling the smoothness everyone is describing. To me it kicks like a mule

how's your release?? are you flipping it at all??

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

I am trying all kinds.. early, late, hit up.. hit down. The only time I get a smooth feeling is when I hit a major high push fade... well more like a block fade

PXG SD 58*

I am trying all kinds.. early, late, hit up.. hit down. The only time I get a smooth feeling is when I hit a major high push fade... well more like a block fade

sounds like we need to play again soon --- lol

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

sounds like we need to play again soon --- lol

Yes we do! New T1100 is being built up right now.. 5.5 tipped 1/2".. LOL

PXG SD 58*

You are a T1100 user correct? It's not entirely surprising that if you like T1100 EvenFlow might not work/feel great for you. They are two very different shafts. If we drew a Ven diagram there would definitely be some overlap but there are golfers who will only like one or the other. EvenFlow design started with designing a shaft the provide more/smoother feel than most people found in HZRDUS.

DB

WITB

Driver-Titleist TSr3 9* w/ HZRDUS Green 60TX (HULK)

3 Wood-Titleist TSi2 15* w/ ACCRA TZFive 70 M5 (Masters Edition)

Irons-Taylormade P7MC 3-PW w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Wedges-Titleist Vokey 56.12D &60.12D w/ Dynamic Gold Mid S400

Putter-Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec Newport 2 w/ Steelfiber i125p

I plan to go back to the range again tomorrow if it's not raining and will try to shoot video of ball flight with both this and the T1100. They launch similarly for me with a different feel in both shafts. They both work great for me flight wise.

I've also gotta hit the UDI with the HZRDUS black 105 I jut picked up as well

You are a T1100 user correct? It's not entirely surprising that if you like T1100 EvenFlow might not work/feel great for you. They are two very different shafts. If we drew a Ven diagram there would definitely be some overlap but there are golfers who will only like one or the other. EvenFlow design started with designing a shaft the provide more/smoother feel than most people found in HZRDUS.

DB

Indeed I was using a T1100 pretty much this entire year, until it broke that is. New one just got grip installed and ready to go head to head against this.

Here is one other thing I discovered tonight. From the beginning I always felt the grip on the EvenFlow was skinnier than usual, but didn't think much of it. I usually build the grip with 2 wraps of tape, and EvenFlow just never felt the same. Tonight while gripping the T1100, I decided to investigate why. So I removed the grip and tape and measured it. Sure enough, the butt of T1100 was 0.61" and the butt of EvenFlow was only .586". Now I am wondering if the skinner butt section, which most likely is a little softer, is what gives EvenFlow the better feel. That would very much make this very much like the Diamana's?

Anyway, added two more wraps of tape and put the grip back on. Now it feels much better. Going to see if this makes any difference at the range tomorrow. Come to think about it, an uncomfortable grip could very well have a lot to do with all the results I was getting: tons of kick and hooks.

PXG SD 58*

i shafted up the brand new G400 and took it on it's maiden voyage with the Even Flow...good lord. i'm glad i didn't go LST. it wants to do nothing but go dead straight. simply put -- i aimed it down either the right or left and thats where it stayed...just wouldn't move from the launch line...

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

i shafted up the brand new G400 and took it on it's maiden voyage with the Even Flow...good lord. i'm glad i didn't go LST. it wants to do nothing but go dead straight. simply put -- i aimed it down either the right or left and thats where it stayed...just wouldn't move from the launch line...

I'd be so bored with golf if I were you... :taunt:

PXG SD 58*

I'd be so bored with golf if I were you... :taunt:

lol that's enough outta you!

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

By chance can anyone provide me with the length between the end of the Evenflow writing to shaft tip end? I'm trying to see if my evenflow has been tipped.

with or without adapter?

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”