Feedback Thread - Golf Stretch Device - THE "MISIG"

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was really excited to find out that I was one of the winners of this giveaway. I was pumped to test this out as I am currently working with my pro on my right elbow breaking down way too much in my backswing and thought this would help tremendously to build muscle memory helping me shorten my swing. Spoiler alert, it has!

What I love most is the simplicity of it. It is very quick and easy to use and you feel the stretch immediately. I have been using it for weeks now and have noticed that I have been able to get in a groove so much quicker in my round than before. It doesn't take a couple holes to get that feel going anymore.

I will note that if you stick to using it daily, you will really see the results when trying to build muscle memory. For a quick warm up b4 playing, it's the perfect aid.

Thanks again to Bernie and GolfWRX for this great giveaway. This is one that will be used for years to come.

9* Titleist TSi3 AD-DI 7X
14.5* Cobra Radspeed D+ 80x
4-48* Titleist T150 w/Project X LZ 6.0
51* Srixon Z785 

56*/60* Taylormade MG2 TW Grind w/ S400 
Odyssey Jailbird Cruiser
Titleist Pro V1x

I suffer from a fake turn and extend my backswing by bending my lead arm. Using this device has effectively helped structure a better backswing and turn and since I have been using this device I have been playing some of my best golf in some time.

I travel a lot and wish there was a travel version that would break down enough to fit in a travel bag.

Really effective device and highly recommended.

PING
G425 LST 10.5* Alta CB Slate 55S

G430 Max 3W Alta CB Slate 65S

G410 2H, 3H Alta CB Red 70S

Glide 2.0 ES 54,60 AWT wedge S (blackout)

Vault Anser 2 Slate

Callaway 

Apex Pro Combo ‘19 5-A Steelfiber i95S

Titleist

ProV1 (2021) Yellow / White

I haven't really been using the device as a swing trainer, but purely for the stretching. While skeptical of its efficacy at first, this has been quite a surprise. I'm actually using it both right and left handed, and it's really helped loosen up my right side, which has been hampered with a variety of shoulder injuries. So simple, but very effective. Thanks for the chance to give this device a try!

I too have been using this device as more of a stretching device than a swing trainer. It is exactly as advertised. Does a great job of stretching out my shoulders and has allowed me to get a bigger turn away from the golf ball. I don't think it's any coincidence that I've been playing some of my best golf the last 2-3 weeks.

Titleist TSi3 10.5* - Fujikura Ventus Red 6S
TaylorMade Stealth Plus 15* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7S
TaylorMade UDI 2 iron - Tour Only Project X HZRDUS 105g 6.5
TaylorMade RSI 3 iron - KBS C Taper X
Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4 iron - KBS C Taper X
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW - KBS C Taper X
TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 54* SB - KBS C Taper S
TaylorMade Milled Grind Hi-Toe 58* - KBS C Taper S
Custom Cameron & Crown Mallet 1 or Futura 5W w/ custom flow neck
TaylorMade TP5x (2019 Version) 

Ditto Ditto and absolutely. :) I was also one of those fortunate winners. When first told I had one I thought it would be one of the many "contraptions", as my better half puts it, that sit in a closet. A few months in and it has become a daily routine to use both it and a foam roller. Because they both flat out help my game!

Thanks again!

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

Yeah, I need to investigate this for my ailing back.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

“I’ve the great fortune to use the MISIG for a few months now and I can say without any doubt that it has helped me restore width to my swing, something that I was sorely needing. Flexibility becomes its own challenge for golfers as we age and the MISIG,….. has allowed me to make the type of full back swing I took for granted for nearly all of my golfing life.”

-Colin Sheehan , Yale University Men’s Coach

www.FeelTheStretch.com

wow i've been trying to create this stretch on resistance band and still haven't found a right one that simulates proper golf swing.

[color=#0000cd][b]Taylormade M1 460 8.5* (2016) Tensei Pro Orange 70TX[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]TEE E8 Beta 13* 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 70X[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Callaway Razr X MB H Stamp 3-PW [/b][/color][color=#0000ff][b]DGX100[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Titleist Vokey SM6 50* | SM5 54* | 58*[/b][/color]
[color=#b22222][b]Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0 CounterCore[/b][/color]

[color=#0000cd][b]Callaway FT-9 Tour 8.5* iMix Fubuki Tour 63X[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Titleist 681T 2-PW DGS400[/b][/color]
[b]Odyssey Protype ix #1 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0[/b]

I have been using this device since i got it, it took me a couple times to get it dialed in correctly. I am a slow learner, after getting it dialed in i really like it. I feel my shoulders are stretched out more than they ever have been. i also feel my flexibility is increased, i am not as stiff when i get to the range or the golf course. This is a device if i had not been able to try i might not have bought it just based on reviews. I will say this it is a the real deal. I am on the second band and working towards the last band. This is helping my golf game and my life game. Thank you!

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth HL 17 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 
TM P790 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 105
TM MG 3 Black 50 Nippon Modus Tour WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 54 Nippon Pro WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 58 Nippon Pro Modus 105 T
TM TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3

Since receiving the MISIG, I haven't been using it quite as regularly as I should to get the full benefits, but even with moderate use...I can definitely see the impact. Like some of the others have said, the stretching aspect of the device is probably the most beneficial use that it provides. When I've been able to use it in the morning prior to a round, I can immediately feel the affect - a wider range of motion for my upper body and overall more width in my swing (which is something that I have struggled with and am finally improving). Although I haven't really gotten much results yet in terms of it working as a swing trainer, I'm definitely not giving up in that regard. I definitely need help getting my downswing coming more from the inside, which is one of the areas that the MISIG is advertised to help.

Bottom line: Even occasional use will help with increasing flexibility and shoulder turn, however it's become apparent that you really need to commit to regular structured use in order to get the most out of the product. The creators harp on the concept of developing muscle memory...which I believe the MISIG is fully capable of producing, IF you are willing to put in the time with it and have a routine. The biggest takeaway I can pass on to other is that this is one of the few training aids out there that will absolutely help any player who uses it properly and regularly....there's just no bones about it. And for that, I highly recommend the MISIG to anyone who would like to see improvement in their ability to make a proper and full shoulder turn, as well as develop better swing path habits.

Thanks again to Bernie for providing us this chance to use the product and share our experiences!

Callaway Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8*, Tour AD-VR 6s
Titleist TSi2 16.5*, Tour AD-DI 7s
Titleist TSi2 18*, Tour AD-DI 85s Hyb
Callaway ‘24 Apex Pro 5-AW, MMT 95s
Callaway MD5 Jaws 50s, KBS TourV 110
Callaway MD5 Jaws 54s, KBS TourV 110
Callaway Jaws Full Toe 58c, KBS TourV 110
Scotty Cameron 2021 Phantom X 5.5 | 2016 Select Newport 2.5 (1st of 500) | 2020 Special Select Newport 2 (SteelFiber P125 shaft)

Was lucky enough to be selected in the giveaway a few weeks back. Simple and extremely effective. Haven't been using daily but I am on to the smallest band now and love the stretch and ability to really get my right side opened up like i could 10 years ago. Still pretty young and have maintained flexibility needed for golf but will continue to use the MISIG to maintain that as father time creeps up. Recommend to anyone that is looking for flexibility and desire to get a big shoulder turn.

2017 M1 460 9.5 - Diamana BF 60X2017
M2 Tour 15 - Diamana CK Blue 70X
TM P790 UDI #2
TM P760 - #4-9 DG TI S400
Vokey SM6 46.08F, 50.08F, 54.10V, 58.11K DG TI S4100
TM Spider Putter

I reviewed this in the old thread but I was lucky enough to receive this in the last giveaway. I have been using this every other day and have found my shoulder rotation to increase. I had a tough time with my shoulder turn going into this season. I have found this device to help me achieve my desired peak at he top of my swing. I feel much more comfortable with my shoulders and going after the ball now that I can increase my power if needed. It is a great stretching device and I will continue to use this!

So is the band suppose to be on top of top hand or below? the picture in the first post showing it's below the hand, but the sponsor's avator showing it's above.

PXG Gen 4 0811XT 9* Tensei White AV RAW 65X

PXG Gen 4 0341X 3W Tensei White AV RAW 75X

PXG Gen 1 0211 19* Tensei White AV RAW 90X

PXG 0317ST 4-W Extreme Darkness PX LZ 6.5

PXG SD2 50* & 54 PX LZ 6.0

PXG SD 58*

PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack Slant neck 34" 

From Professor Brady Tripp:​

I have used the MISIG tool with a few recreational and competitive golfers (NCAA, Web.com tour or Q-school) in the lab, particularly for whom we find poor latissimus dorsi flexibility or thoracolumbar fascia extensibility on clinical screening. All the golfers I share it with enjoy the stretch it provides. After a few weeks using the MISIG on their own, our follow-up 3D kinematics and launch monitor assessment indicated improvements in thoracic rotation (aka shoulder turn). Some less-experienced golfers commented on the MISIG helping them tell what a swing with a straight left arm felt like!

I can tell why the PTs like using this tool, it helps provide a functional stretch for golfers (and there aren’t many other such tools out there).

Thank you Bernie,

Brady

Brady L. Tripp PhD, ATC

Clinical Associate Professor

Director, Graduate Athletic Training Program

Dept. Applied Physiology & Kinesiology

College of Health and Human Performance

University of Florida

www.FeelTheStretch.com

I love the concept but would really use it more if the strap came in a bigger size. I have big arms/ forearms and find the velcro gives at times because i cant get it around far enough without it being too tight. Great for stretching but definitely not a one size fits all.

In My Bag
TM Stealth 10.5* PX T1100 6.5 75g
TM Stealth 3W PX Hazardous Smoke Black 6.5 80g 

TM Stealth 5W PX Hazardous Smoke Black 6.5 80g

TM SIM 2 3H, Nippon Modus Hybrid shaft 95X

2021 TM P790 5-PW Modus TT DG Tour issue 100X
TM High Toe 50, 54 and 58

Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB-X Yellow
#insideTMAG 2013

I love the concept but would really use it more if the strap came in a bigger size. I have big arms/ forearms and find the velcro gives at times because i cant get it around far enough without it being too tight. Great for stretching but definitely not a one size fits all.

Message us your mailing address and we'll send you a second elbow cuff to double them up. It works great.

Thanks,

The MISIG Team

First of all a big thanks for this giveaway from MISIG and golfwrx. I received my MISIG on Monday. I've been using the MISIG as an exercise tools doing 50 reps a day as recommended by the instruction video. After the first day, I can feel my forearm and triceps burning a little a bit. I haven't had a chance to go on the range or the course to see how this has effected my swing but I do feel like this exercises have strengthen my triceps and forearms which can only be a good thing when it comes to swinging a golf club. I will continue to use the MISIG for the next couple of weeks and report back with the benefits it has on my swing.

Sorry for the delay in posting some results as I've been nursing a bad right shoulder for a couple of months. I've been using the MISIG a couple of times a week and although I haven't seen a noticeable improvement in flexibility, I have noticed a definite improvement in swing path. This really does train you to repeat an inside out swing path and has all but eliminated any over the top shots. Once I get my shoulder back to 100%, I plan on increasing use so I can start seeing the full benefits that the MISIG has to offer.

Thanks again for the giveaway!

I am a non winner of the give away but bought one because I am in constant search for back relief. Me 72, severe lower back stenosis from a broken back 35 years ago. I invented the "fake turn". A 230-40 drive before was normal on roll out. Pre MISIG, ice was required post playing.

I was astonished at the immediate relief and stretch on the first use. The pain relief was near immediate time frame and its not even advertised for that. I use it every day now with my normal regime of stretching. My back pain, post playing, is nearly gone.

The help in the golf swing structure was an unexpected secondary benefit. All parts of the game have benefited. This is really a non compensated opinion. Thanks WRX for bringing to my attention.