2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Cut Golf Co

timbo08

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wanted to like these for the price. Put them in play today and birdied number 1 so I thought it was a given but I just can't do it. I can't get em to hold a green worth anything. These play like a 2 piece ball to me. I hit them longer than my pro v's though. I'm gonna try the snells before going back to the pro v1's. Who knows.

I really wanted to like these for the price. Put them in play today and birdied number 1 so I thought it was a given but I just can't do it. I can't get em to hold a green worth anything. These play like a 2 piece ball to me. I hit them longer than my pro v's though. I'm gonna try the snells before going back to the pro v1's. Who knows.

This is what's holding me back from gaming these. The two rounds I played, any shot inside 80 yards would bounce twice then release about 10-15 feet, regardless of how well I hit it. That being said, I did pick up a dozen (after I lost my test sleeve) and give it a dedicated testing, hopefully get on the course during a slow day and hit head to head with the q star tour to see if it even can stand a chance. I like the feel, and it has a nice flight with the irons and will hold a green. But the short game aspect is sus atm.

WITB 2023
- Srixon Zx5 mkII 10.5*, Tensei AV Blue 55s
-TSi2 16.5* Accra FX 2.0
-TSi2 18* hybrid, Fuji Motore F3
-TSi2 21* hybrid, Fuji Motore F3
-ZX7 5-PW, Fuji Pro 85
-50/54/58 Cleveland Zipcore TR, Fuji Pro 95 TS
-Sik Pro-C
-2023 Z-Star Diamond

This is what's holding me back from gaming these. The two rounds I played, any shot inside 80 yards would bounce twice then release about 10-15 feet, regardless of how well I hit it. That being said, I did pick up a dozen (after I lost my test sleeve) and give it a dedicated testing, hopefully get on the course during a slow day and hit head to head with the q star tour to see if it even can stand a chance. I like the feel, and it has a nice flight with the irons and will hold a green. But the short game aspect is sus atm.

I honestly have the opposite trouble. I have a hard time to getting the ball to release when I need it to bit it could be my swing and I kind of like this. I would rather end up a little short than long. So I guess it's not really a problem lol

I honestly have the opposite trouble. I have a hard time to getting the ball to release when I need it to bit it could be my swing and I kind of like this. I would rather end up a little short than long. So I guess it's not really a problem lol

Nah, it sounds like you've found your ball. I honestly liked the way they looked. Didn't find them cheesy at all. Can say one thing about them, I cant seem to lose any of them. I played an entire round with 1 ball. Even a shot into the water skipped back out. Guess it was one of those rare days which I never ever get.

Nah, it sounds like you've found your ball. I honestly liked the way they looked. Didn't find them cheesy at all. Can say one thing about them, I cant seem to lose any of them. I played an entire round with 1 ball. Even a shot into the water skipped back out. Guess it was one of those rare days which I never ever get.

Yeah those days are a rarety for me too haha.

I have a question, not understanding this subscription thing. I purchased three dozen the other day and there was no mention of any subscription. Did I sign up for ball installments and not informed of doing so? Thanks, BB

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

I played my first full round with the Cut Blue and I was impressed. Ball was plenty durable and reacted as expected. I really enjoyed the ball flight and feel. I didn't find a real weakness. At $20 bucks it's hard to ignore this ball!

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

Not sure if anyone has seen their new ball, the Cut Grey! It's a 3 piece urethane with a compression of about 80. If I had to compare it to another ball, I would compare it to the Q-Star Tour. It's a beast! You can buy trial sleeves as of now and will be full released by the dozen in October for 19.99/dozen plus shipping!

Not sure if anyone has seen their new ball, the Cut Grey! It's a 3 piece urethane with a compression of about 80. If I had to compare it to another ball, I would compare it to the Q-Star Tour. It's a beast! You can buy trial sleeves as of now and will be full released by the dozen in October for 19.99/dozen plus shipping!

where? Any sign of a yellow urethane ball?

where? Any sign of a yellow urethane ball?

The trial sleeves are on their website for 6.50. www.cutgolfco.com and not sure about the yellow ball. I know others have been requesting it and they like to listen to their customers.

They sent me a trial sleeve of the Grey to make up for a slightly botched order. I'm hoping to put them in play in the next week or so. I'm sort of hooked on Cut and Vice. I like being the only guy on the course with them. LOL!

TaylorMade M3 w/HZRDUS Yellow stiff
TaylorMade M4 Tour 3 wood w/HZRDUS Red stiff
TaylorMade M3 2 hybrid (set to 19*) w/HZRDUS Black stiff
Srixon U65 4i Miyazaki Stiff
Srixon 765 5-PW Modus 120 Stiff
Cleveland RTX 3.0 50*, 54*, and 58* KBS 61
TaylorMade Spider Black

Gameball: Vice Pro Plus, Srixon Q Star Tour

I actually really liked this ball. I would put it it right between vice pro and vice pro plus. Leaning towards vice pro plus. It behaved very well in short game, it did what I wanted it to do. Hop and stop or bump n run. Seems more straight than my gamer, vice pro. Vice pro wins with my putting hands down though. At least for now

Put all the Vices, Cut Blues aside.......Snell MTB cant be beat LOL

If I didn't already have enough golf balls to last me for three years then I might try the MTB but I just can't fall in love with another new ball. LOL!

TaylorMade M3 w/HZRDUS Yellow stiff
TaylorMade M4 Tour 3 wood w/HZRDUS Red stiff
TaylorMade M3 2 hybrid (set to 19*) w/HZRDUS Black stiff
Srixon U65 4i Miyazaki Stiff
Srixon 765 5-PW Modus 120 Stiff
Cleveland RTX 3.0 50*, 54*, and 58* KBS 61
TaylorMade Spider Black

Gameball: Vice Pro Plus, Srixon Q Star Tour

Just saw this yesterday on their insta, VERY intrigued as for me right now, the Q-Star Tour is the best ball I've played all year(or last). I like the feel and performance of the Cut Blue (will be trying to play an entire round just with Cuts very soon to see if the lack of greenside spin has been a weird fluke), but the QST literally does everything I ask of it and then some. I have seen very little difference between the QST and the TP5, so the tiebreaker (price) goes to Srixon. If this Cut Grey performs at least as good as the QST, I may have to switch, because the price will obviously be more favorable.

WITB 2023
-TSi2 16.5* Accra FX 2.0
-ZX7 5-PW, Fuji Pro 85
-Sik Pro-C
-2023 Z-Star Diamond

Just saw this yesterday on their insta, VERY intrigued as for me right now, the Q-Star Tour is the best ball I've played all year(or last). I like the feel and performance of the Cut Blue (will be trying to play an entire round just with Cuts very soon to see if the lack of greenside spin has been a weird fluke), but the QST literally does everything I ask of it and then some. I have seen very little difference between the QST and the TP5, so the tiebreaker (price) goes to Srixon. If this Cut Grey performs at least as good as the QST, I may have to switch, because the price will obviously be more favorable.

I love these! You're going to love them!

I would disagree with that. I played the Snell and wasn't s big fan.

I love these! You're going to love them!

I would disagree with that. I played the Snell and wasn't s big fan.

to each his own.....but....there are a whole lot of people that love the Snell....just sayin!

Liked the MTB but not demonstrably more than the Cut Blue so I'm using the blue. Both are great balls and are fantastic alternatives to otr golfballs. Just ordered 2 sleeves of the grey. If they are as comparable to the QST as this thread indicates then I can probably settle on them until they inevitably change the formula.

F6 baffler
MP54
T7/S18/eye2XG Lob
Classic #3

Play one today with Cut white. Like the feel of it off a driver, long too. Price is good, normally I play Wilson Duo spin.

How does it compare to the Duo Spin?

5-6 rounds now with Cut. Feels and sounds really good (I like it more than Wilson Duo)off the face of my Callaway driver.

Titleist TSR2 10 

Titleist 917 F2 5W

Ping 4h 5h

Vega 6-PW
Vega Alcor 50
Titleist SM 8 54
Fourteen RM4 58
Odyssey Eleven Tour Line S 

• 2 weeks later...

Played a full round using only the Cut Blue on Sunday, and every complaint I had about the lack of spin from inside 80 yards seemed to vanish, as I hit shot after shot that had me feeling like I had so much control over the ball. Even holed one out of a green side trap for eagle, and it had some action to hit when it went in. Admittedly, the greens on this course are undoubtedly the slowest/softest in town, so I'll have to reserve my final final judgement for this weekend after I play at a friend of a friend's country club that should have firmer greens, but it was very encouraging indeed. As I said earlier, that is/was my ONLY complaint about this ball, other than that, it's probably the best ball for your money this year

WITB 2023
-TSi2 16.5* Accra FX 2.0
-ZX7 5-PW, Fuji Pro 85
-Sik Pro-C
-2023 Z-Star Diamond

Played a full round using only the Cut Blue on Sunday, and every complaint I had about the lack of spin from inside 80 yards seemed to vanish, as I hit shot after shot that had me feeling like I had so much control over the ball. Even holed one out of a green side trap for eagle, and it had some action to hit when it went in. Admittedly, the greens on this course are undoubtedly the slowest/softest in town, so I'll have to reserve my final final judgement for this weekend after I play at a friend of a friend's country club that should have firmer greens, but it was very encouraging indeed. As I said earlier, that is/was my ONLY complaint about this ball, other than that, it's probably the best ball for your money this year

Happy you liked it...i couldnt find the bite, may be you better at the wedge game :)