True Linkswear Original and Outsiders?

I wish I could find a store that carried them. I have a hard time buying shoes that I can't try on. It seems I can wear a ten in one shoe, and an eleven in another, so I never buy shoes unless I try them.

They have a 30 day return with free shipping. After 30 and up to 90 you pay shipping. I have 18 pairs going all the way back to the first Trues. The last model I bought were the Gent Wingtips. I wear a 9.5 in all but the Protos (my favorite) and a 9 in those. Customer service has always been very helpful on the phone.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had 10 pairs of previous versions, but stopped buying them after the Protos came out. The models after that did not get along with my feet and were not made as well in my opinion. I've moved on to Addidas Boost, but I'll try a pair of these next year. Maybe Santa will drop me a pair if they go on sale over the winter. They look promising and seem to be moving back to their roots and what made them great, but modernizing a bit too. I do like the look of both models and have to say since wearing shoes with more cushion, I can appreciate the extra padding when stepping on rocks.

I pre-ordered the white Original. I really dig the look and couldn't resist. I'm okay paying $150 supporting a smaller company.

I ordered the same shoes. I've been a True wearer for a long time so I'm hoping this is the beginning of a major upswing for them. I spoke with customer service and they said they will fit a little larger than the Elements but not much. I wore an 11.5 in the Elements so I stuck with that size in the Originals. Hopefully I'll have them next week!

Back in the day I loved my TRUE shoes, from the originals, Stealths, Chukkas...never bought the Protos or Sensei....then they kinda lost their way.

While the Originals look enticing Ive moved on to Nikes (too many pairs of those). Maybe if they lower the price later in the year I will pick up a pair...

Back in the day I loved my TRUE shoes, from the originals, Stealths, Chukkas...never bought the Protos or Sensei....then they kinda lost their way.

While the Originals look enticing Ive moved on to Nikes (too many pairs of those). Maybe if they lower the price later in the year I will pick up a pair...

I hear ya. I moved on as well and experimented with a lot of different shoes. About the only thing that worked for me were the Nike Lunar Command 2s. They held up to 36 at Bandon while the Adidas 360s I took destroyed my feet after only 18 holes. I'll share some thoughts on the Originals once I get to play in them.

I hear ya. I moved on as well and experimented with a lot of different shoes. About the only thing that worked for me were the Nike Lunar Command 2s. They held up to 36 at Bandon while the Adidas 360s I took destroyed my feet after only 18 holes. I'll share some thoughts on the Originals once I get to play in them.

Was it the back heel that killed it for you on the 360s?

I was late to the TRUE bandwagon but have a pair of classix and they are the most comfortable shoes I have owned. However, the sole has separated from the rest of the shoe after only a couple months. TRUE has told me they had issues with poor manufacturing and have switched to another manufacturer (to be fair they offered to replace them but I had a cobbler sow them together, should be better than new) but for the price of their new stuff I think I'll just wait for my classix to completely fall apart.

Was it the back heel that killed it for you on the 360s?

The 360s heel was definitely a blister monster but it was actually the sole that did me in. It's too stiff and doesn't flex enough with my foot so my feet were just destroyed. The LC2s have good sole flex and worked much better. I wear low-drop, more minimal style tennis shoes so my feet have gotten used to less structured shoes. The new True originals are zero drop and supposedly feel more like the Trues of old. Even the Outsiders are only a 4-6 mm drop which is lower than most golf shoes on the market. It's been a 2 year search for an alternative to True so I'm hoping I they work and I can just make them my old reliable again.

Has anybody received this yet? Is so, how is the quality? I miss the old True...last pair that I had was the Proto and those were some of the best shoes ever. The fit and quality went down hill after that.

Ping G30 LST @ 9* / PX HZRDUS Yellow 76
Callaway 816 Alpha @ 15* / Speeder 757
Callaway Apex 3 Hybrid / Kuro Kage Black 80
Titleist 718 (4-6 AP2 / 7-P CB) / PX LZ
Callaway MD Forged 50* / PX LZ
Callaway MD PM Grind 56* & 60* / DG S300
Ping Sigma G Tess
Titleist Pro V1

Originals

Pro Caddie & I teach golf

Driver: PXG 9* ; HZDRUS Handcrafted 63 6.0

Long Game: PXG 13*, PXG 16*; HZDRUS Handcrafted 83 6.5 (flip between the two)

Driving Iron: PXG 0311 4 iron bent 17.5*; ProForce VTS 100HX 

Hybrid: PXG Gen 1 19*; HZDRUS Handcrafted 100 6.5

Irons: NIKE CB 4-PW Raw finish ; Aldila RIP Tour SLT 115 Tour Stiff (.25 inch gapping)

Wedges: Titleist SM9 50*, 54*; True Temper DG S300 (36 inches)

L-Wedge: Custom 60*; KBS Tour Stiff (36 inches)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Design #5 35 inches: Super Stroke GP Tour

Ball: ProV1x

I saw on their IG that they finally have the orders ready to be shipped out tomorrow. Though, it looks like its only the first 200. Not sure how many were placed for the pre order. Anyone know what their order #'s are? Mine was in the 700's but I was assuming this is a running number of their order all time and not just this release as I got my order in as soon as I started to see info about this release on their IG.

I saw on their IG that they finally have the orders ready to be shipped out tomorrow. Though, it looks like its only the first 200. Not sure how many were placed for the pre order. Anyone know what their order #'s are? Mine was in the 700's but I was assuming this is a running number of their order all time and not just this release as I got my order in as soon as I started to see info about this release on their IG.

Mine was in the 700s as well so hopefully that means we'll be getting shipping notices soon! Really hoping this delay was just bad planning for the new management team. Hopefully going forward they get operations ironed out.

Mine was in the 700s as well so hopefully that means we'll be getting shipping notices soon! Really hoping this delay was just bad planning for the new management team. Hopefully going forward they get operations ironed out.

I agree. Though, I cut them a little slack with being a smaller company and understand any small hiccup can cause a week daily. Not a big deal. But, the good thing to look forward to his the free snapback hat and signed picture from Ryan Moore that will be in the first 200 orders. That'll make it worth the extra wait.

They confirmed with me that mine will be shipped out by tomorrow. Looking forward to testing out this pair. However, the weather took for a decline here in Utah. I'll have to wait for it to dry out and warm back out before I take my fresh white pair anywhere near the course. Even if they are waterproof.

They confirmed with me that mine will be shipped out by tomorrow. Looking forward to testing out this pair. However, the weather took for a decline here in Utah. I'll have to wait for it to dry out and warm back out before I take my fresh white pair anywhere near the course. Even if they are waterproof.

Got my update as well. Shoes should be delivered Friday just in time for some weekend golf!

Please let us know how the shoes work out when you guys get them. I really need a pair of golf shoes that is wider in the toe box but not so much in the heel, which is almost impossible to find it seems. I like the look of the originals a lot but am concerned about the amount of traction these will provide. I am currently wearing a pair of Ashworth Cardiffs and have no traction issues with those.

Titleist 913D3 9.5* Rogue White 130 70x / Adams F11 15* Aldila VS Proto 85s

Cleveland 588h 18* Speeder 904hb / Cleveland 588h 23* Ozik Altus

Adams DHY 27* / King Cobra Forged CB 6-P Nippon Modus 120x

Mizuno T20 50s Modus 120x, SM4 55.12 / Callaway MDf 60* DG Spinner 

Odyssey O-Works Black 1WS

Too bad the release took so long. I ended up with a pair of Ashworth Cardiff ADC 2 and some Nike Lunar Waverly's. I really wanted to get the True's, but after several "not much longer" emails I could not wait any longer.

Hope they work out great, and hope they are available next year (or the year after) when I need shoes again.

drn92

So True finally released their new models, along with a total website redesign. The spiked and previous versions have been moved to the outlet section, so this is the new direction True will be taking, along with a hefty price hike ($150 and up). From the looks of it, they are trying to abandon the golf specific market and go after the athleisure/off course wear look. I've been a fan for several years, and I don't think anything will every top my Sensei's. Really wish they'd just bring back a simple low profile shoe without their take on fashion :(

From the looks of the shoes they are not something I will be buying... Sad because I've been watching for the release for 6 months.

http://truelinkswear.../true-original/

http://truelinkswear.../true-outsider/

What do ya'll think?

Has anyone tried the new shoes yet?

So True finally released their new models, along with a total website redesign. The spiked and previous versions have been moved to the outlet section, so this is the new direction True will be taking, along with a hefty price hike ($150 and up). From the looks of it, they are trying to abandon the golf specific market and go after the athleisure/off course wear look. I've been a fan for several years, and I don't think anything will every top my Sensei's. Really wish they'd just bring back a simple low profile shoe without their take on fashion :(

From the looks of the shoes they are not something I will be buying... Sad because I've been watching for the release for 6 months.

http://truelinkswear.../true-original/

http://truelinkswear.../true-outsider/

What do ya'll think?

Has anyone tried the new shoes yet?

Mine arrive tomorrow and I'm hoping to get them out Saturday if the weather cooperates. I'll post some thoughts if I can get out.

Mine show a delivery for tomorrow as well. I wont be playing this week because of the less than ideal weather here this week but I'll probably walk around in my house with them on haha. Next week will warm back up and I'll break 'em out. I'll be sure to drop pics once I receive them and initial thoughts and more when I play a couple rounds in them.

Here are my initial thoughts on the shoe.

Materials - all seem very high quality and put together very well. The toe seems to be soft premium leather compared to the sides. Which they're suppose to be waterproof but the toe has me worried of getting worn out quicker. We will see.

Comfort - as far as a spineless shoe goes it seems awesome. The fitting system works well for a golf swing from what I can tell. The toe/inner part of the shoe seems to be able to move a bit separately than the outer sides. Laces also appear to tie nice and only need one knot.

Appearance - maybe it's the fresh all white shoe but man do I think this shoe looks amazing!

Fit- I got 11 and it has a wide fit for anyone needing that. I could've gone a half size down but it's not bad.

Not as comfortable as adidas tour 360 but that's a much more expensive shoe. Really happy about the solid hat for the fall as well. Damn near ruined all my hats through the hot summer. Let me know if you have any questions. I will only break these out on sunny dry days lol

01fe9cd29abb02121ac4d70cc8bcc969.jpg647e5e10480431b71bde38bd8ce9ba9c.jpga0769d7131de817f0c5b6b9ebab97da6.jpg1f99a3d416e5e1db5f7e7c91290a0ca7.jpgbe1da86ad577787a856a73593871c2be.jpg9351a5ae767947f15b8dd7f903ca1007.jpg2e9809fdc6aeaccb678e0f2a7aa3f4ff.jpgcf43a9a1e1abf9eedb77570f9beab6d7.jpg

Materials - all seem very high quality and put together very well. The toe seems to be soft premium leather compared to the sides. Which they're suppose to be waterproof but the toe has me worried of getting worn out quicker. We will see.

Comfort - as far as a spineless shoe goes it seems awesome. The fitting system works well for a golf swing from what I can tell. The toe/inner part of the shoe seems to be able to move a bit separately than the outer sides. Laces also appear to tie nice and only need one knot.

Appearance - maybe it's the fresh all white shoe but man do I think this shoe looks amazing!

Fit- I got 11 and it has a wide fit for anyone needing that. I could've gone a half size down but it's not bad.

Not as comfortable as adidas tour 360 but that's a much more expensive shoe. Really happy about the solid hat for the fall as well. Damn near ruined all my hats through the hot summer. Let me know if you have any questions. I will only break these out on sunny dry days lol

Thanks for sharing pics and your initial thoughts! Has me excited to get home to check mine out. I got the same shoe and color as shoe, they look clean!

That is a nice looking shoe! Thanks for sharing your opinions. I am set for shoes now, but if TL is around when mine wear out they are top of the list to try.

drn92

Tried my Originals on tonight and they’re a half size too big. I always wore an 11 in the older Trues but went up a half size in the Originals. They do feel much more like the old Trues and I’ll echo Millerlowlife that the materials are top notch. I also thought the tread looks to be a big improvement from all True versions. Looks to be more grip in the right places. A little longer wait for me while I exchange them but really looking forward to getting the right size and getting on the course!