MACHINE Putters Picture Thread

DB MACHINE

• 2 weeks later...

Chris,

I want to know when you and Dave will get my putter to me, or anyone for that matter. I know i'm not the only one waiting. It's been almost a year now since Dave has been reconstructing his company. I paid in full for a GSS Adjuster. He took my money. And has yet to produce. Nor will anyone from Dogleg return my emails. Especially Dave. I'm out almost 1200$ and have yet to see my putter.

Chris,

I want to know when you and Dave w9ill get my putter to me, or anyone for that matter. I know i'm not the only one waiting. It's been almost a year now since Dave has been reconstructing his company. I paid in full for a GSS Adjuster. He took my money. And has yet to produce. Nor will anyone from Dogleg return my emails. Especially Dave. I'm out almost 1200$ and have yet to see my putter.

File a dispute get your money back and move on. Trust me and about a million other people

I ordered a new Machine M20 in at the start of June, through a dealer off eBay. I was told two weeks. It took five weeks to get the putter. It took another two weeks to get the correct shaft, which I had to get installed myself. It took until last week (three months after paying) to get the medallion that was promised. The medallion is still not really right, plus I'm still missing the weights I was promised, and a couple of screws. This has been the WORST experience I've ever had buying a custom product. I hoped that by going through a dealer I would circumvent some of the problems that other people have had here, but this has been crazy. It doesn't look like the seller I contacted on eBay has any listings up, but just a word to the wise: If someone is selling new Machines out of Texas, and you contact them to order something specific... you're gonna have a bad time.

While I am certainly not a fan of how many issues have been handled by Machine, the eBay seller most are referencing primarily deals in closeout/liquidation equipment and as such, should not be considered as a viable means to get custom stuff.

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

While I am certainly not a fan of how many issues have been handled by Machine, the eBay seller most are referencing primarily deals in closeout/liquidation equipment and as such, should not be considered as a viable means to get custom stuff.

The seller I contacted said he was a dealer that worked directly with Machine. He was the one that offered to get my custom putter, as I was only inquiring about what he had on hand. When I looked him up online I found his Facebook, where he lists his employer as "Machine putters". Dave knows that his reputation is tarnished, and it appears that he is having employees sell his stuff online as "dealers".

I took a chance and learned my lesson. My putter actually turned out pretty great, except for the medallion. Dave is clearly a great artist with no business sense. It's a shame, cause I'd order again if thought I'd actually get what I wanted.

I bought a Machine straight up on eBay. No problem.

I wouldn't trust anyone who promises custom work.

I don't know about that, look at Byron at Bryon Morgan, I don't hear any issues with his putters. Plus hes a great bloke to deal with directly and his putters 1st class, top notch. Mind you, it been a while since I bought my custom Channel Island from the man himself. Its still in my house, won't move that on. There are still other great putter companies that can be trusted, MACHINE is still in re-hab, I guess.

As a long time customer of MACHINE & Dave, it really saddens me to hear like things have not improved. I thought the last post by Dave indicated he's corrected himself and coming back. But it sounds like the emails are still unanswered and the trust is still not there. $1,200 is a LOT to spend on a customised putter so I have empathy for that poster. For now, I would not do any customs from MACHINE either until I hear things are back to normal - order put thought, order delivered on time.

It been about a year now since I last settled with Dave. Back then I too waited for more than a year for my meager customization but I will say, Dave made up for the delay with some goodies & for that I am grateful and have no quam but it really rips my heart to see such a great company with such great innovation to be where they are now... kinda makes me puke when you see lesser, crappy companies that are still floating around.

My 2c & good luck to all.

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Cobra Forged Tec X 5 - PW KBS TGI 85 stiff shafts
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48* & Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

At the very least, you gotta communicate with the customer if you're having issues delivering. And don't take their money if you can't deliver.

Saying you're too busy to respond/communicate is BS when you're approaching criminal status (or already there).

Taylormade SIM Max  – 10.5°
Taylormade M4  – 16.5°
Titleist 818H1 - 22.5°
Titleist AP1 718 – 4-P
Titleist AP1 718 – 48°
Cleveland CBX – 54°
Taylormade EF – 60° 
Ping Vault 2.0 Craz-E H   

I sent two of my Machines in for some custom work in May17 and paid half deposit. Dave quoted me 6 weeks lead time. I've emailed him a few times now to check the status and have not heard anything back. Now I'm out both of my Machines plus I have half the deposit for the work on my credit card. I guess I can dispute that but this is really pissing me off. Talked to Dave on the phone and everything regarding my work order. Not sure where to go from here

I sent two of my Machines in for some custom work in May17 and paid half deposit. Dave quoted me 6 weeks lead time. I've emailed him a few times now to check the status and have not heard anything back. Now I'm out both of my Machines plus I have half the deposit for the work on my credit card. I guess I can dispute that but this is really pissing me off. Talked to Dave on the phone and everything regarding my work order. Not sure where to go from here

Police Department

At this point, they're a mail fraud operation. I wish it weren't that way and I'd like to get one from the source but no way I'd give them a dollar at the moment.

TM Sim D-Type Tour AD IZ 7s
Mavrik SZ 16.5 Tour AD DI 7s
Cleveland Hibore Xli 3,4,5
TaylorMade P790 6-AW
TM Tour MG Raw 54/58
Evnroll ER-1.2

How can you take new orders if you have customers out there who have already paid you and haven't received their orders?

I'd ask how can anyone submit an order knowing this info

TM Sim D-Type Tour AD IZ 7s
Mavrik SZ 16.5 Tour AD DI 7s
Cleveland Hibore Xli 3,4,5
TaylorMade P790 6-AW
TM Tour MG Raw 54/58
Evnroll ER-1.2

How can you take new orders if you have customers out there who have already paid you and haven't received their orders?

I'd ask how can anyone submit an order knowing this info

I was very fortunate and Dave was awesome with my build before whatever happened. It's easily my favorite putter I own and hopefully it will all work out for Machine in the near future! Just to much talent, demand and beauty for golf if this company goes away. Good luck everyone I really feel for all the misfortune!

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

Small business in a competitive area is very difficult to manage and it takes more than a great product to survive.

If they dont have the business side down they will never succeed no matter how much raw talent they have.

It will be a succession of open and closing shop and making as much money as possible.

I bought a Machine straight up on eBay. No problem.

I wouldn't trust anyone who promises custom work.

I don't know about that, look at Byron at Bryon Morgan, I don't hear any issues with his putters. Plus hes a great bloke to deal with directly and his putters 1st class, top notch. Mind you, it been a while since I bought my custom Channel Island from the man himself. Its still in my house, won't move that on. There are still other great putter companies that can be trusted, MACHINE is still in re-hab, I guess.

As a long time customer of MACHINE & Dave, it really saddens me to hear like things have not improved. I thought the last post by Dave indicated he's corrected himself and coming back. But it sounds like the emails are still unanswered and the trust is still not there. $1,200 is a LOT to spend on a customised putter so I have empathy for that poster. For now, I would not do any customs from MACHINE either until I hear things are back to normal - order put thought, order delivered on time.

It been about a year now since I last settled with Dave. Back then I too waited for more than a year for my meager customization but I will say, Dave made up for the delay with some goodies & for that I am grateful and have no quam but it really rips my heart to see such a great company with such great innovation to be where they are now... kinda makes me puke when you see lesser, crappy companies that are still floating around.

My 2c & good luck to all.

Yeah its pretty crappy. I haven't put in a dispute with PayPal yet because i do really want my custom GSS Adjuster. A part of me still has hope in humanity, and during the order process Dave struck me as a intelligent person. I gotta believe he'll come through. Last i heard from him was a email which entail his ongoing issues and a offer of a putter out of his vault as a token of gratitude for the wait. I requested a Damascus Art putter and thats the last i heard from him. Fingers crossed. Does any know if he's still in the Irving, TX area? I'm only a few hours away from Irving. Wouldn't mind tracking him down and meeting face to face.

Yeah its pretty crappy. I haven't put in a dispute with PayPal yet because i do really want my custom GSS Adjuster. A part of me still has hope in humanity, and during the order process Dave struck me as a intelligent person. I gotta believe he'll come through. Last i heard from him was a email which entail his ongoing issues and a offer of a putter out of his vault as a token of gratitude for the wait. I requested a Damascus Art putter and thats the last i heard from him. Fingers crossed. Does any know if he's still in the Irving, TX area? I'm only a few hours away from Irving. Wouldn't mind tracking him down and meeting face to face.

Wow, a putter from his vault? You know, I think you're like me, we don't want free stuff, we just want what we paid for and hopefully he will come thru - I gotta believe in Dave. Have you tried calling him on his cell? I would not count on email. But I did post here on this thread and Dave responded back then - when hes a sponsor here but that was a year + ago and things have come to light as to what was happening with his company...

Also, if you're a few hours, I would take the drive down and see wassup down there but I would scour back to at least a few pages, hes moved his business apparently and there was a few posts about it here. Good luck and let us know whats happening.

Sad. Great company and ideas, to be let down by p*ss poor management.

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft

Hey Guys,

I will try and help as much as I can as I took a sabbatical from Machine.

Please email me at [email protected] with your questions/concerns and I will do my best to help.

Thank you in advance

Chris

Appreciate it Chris! We missed you! We also miss dave as well...thank you so much for helping the guys...

Trying to get some info from MACHINE direct, but no reply, so maybe someone here can help...

I'm looking to convert an M2A Converter from a plumbers neck to a center shaft. Does anyone know if they sell necks only (without need to send to them), and if so, idea on cost?

Sorry to post this in the pics thread, but seems to be the place to discuss all things MACHINE.

Thanks in advance, Scott