Bridgestone Tour B Golf Ball Reviews?

FAbb

It's not just you. I work in golf retail and hear the logo complaint often enough. Times are changing and marketing influences companies to remind everyone of who they are as big and bold as in reason. I don't mind the marketing but I know it bothers many.

TaylorMade M3 w/HZRDUS Yellow stiff
TaylorMade M4 Tour 3 wood w/HZRDUS Red stiff
TaylorMade M3 2 hybrid (set to 19*) w/HZRDUS Black stiff
Srixon U65 4i Miyazaki Stiff
Srixon 765 5-PW Modus 120 Stiff
Cleveland RTX 3.0 50*, 54*, and 58* KBS 61
TaylorMade Spider Black

Gameball: Vice Pro Plus, Srixon Q Star Tour

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I quite like the logo. It differentiates their ball a little.

Yeah I prefer the large B logo over their normal logo. I think it looks cool. A little more unique than other offerings. I hated their old 2 line logo.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

MUCH prefer the new B

Like it so much I avoid playing my 330RX I have leftover from last year ?

ONOFF Labospec 358 — Tour AD TP6
Titleist TS2 16.5* — Kuro Kage XM 80
Justick Proceed 21* UT — Nippon GOST 
Mizuno MP-20 HMB/MB— MITSUBISHI MMT 105/125
Mizuno T20 50* and 55* — MITSUBISHI MMT 125
Seven ST 61* Black Boron — MCI Black 125 “mild”
Epon Ltd Edition I-33 — Matrix PZ-125 Shaft 

That sample pack has to be one of the worst deals I've seen on balls. 15 bucks for ONE of each type? Seriously?

Titleist TSR3 (10) - Project X HZRDUS 4G 6.0
Titleist 917 F2 16.5 at C1 (15.75) - Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 5.5
Titleist TSR2 21 at C3 (22) - Project X HZRDUS Red CB  70 6.0
Titleist T150 5i-GW - Nippon 950 GH R - I up
Ping Glide 2.0  52 SS - AWT 2.0 S - Back Dot
Ping Glide 3.0  58 ES - ZZ-115 - Black Dot

Callaway MD5 64 S Grind - TT-115 
Ping Fetch 2023 - 34"

Like the B logo. The sample pack sucks. One ball of each for $15 is pricey and many of us want to try 2 of the balls, not 4. Bridgestone should follow the Srixon model of selling 6 ball trial packs for each new ball. I would think this strategy ended up converting lots of folks to using Srixon balls. If Bstone wants to improve its market share for premium balls, the 4 ball trial pack is a lame effort.

Not tried the new balls yet. I have enjoyed the RXS ball in 5e past, but the balls are not very durable in my opinion. They scuff so easy. Maybe the new ball is better in this area. The new Z-star is the most durable ball I have ever played!

TITLEIST TSR 2 w/PX Evenflow Riptide

Titleist TSR2 16.5 w/Tensei Blue

Titleist TSR2 21w/Tensei Blue

Titleist TSR1 5h, 6h 7h w/Kuro Kage Black

Callaway Apex Pro - 7-AW, Recoil Dart 90

Titleist SM9 - 54, 60

Scotty Phantom X5

Titleist ProV1

Vessel Player IV Pro

I recieved a preorder email from Bridgestone last week so I ordered a dozen Tour B RXS. Had a chance to play a round with the ball today. I have been playing the TP5 most of the season.

The Tour B felt much softer than the TP5. It did not have as much green side spin as the TP5, but wasn't bad at all. I did notice at least 5 yards of distance gain with the Tour B. Flight was a bit on the high side.

Overall I think the new Tour B ball (RXS) is a very good ball. However, I'm really shocked how Bridgestone is marketing this ball, to include the packaging. I remember the previous Tour B 330 had a lot of good information on the box regarding cover, flight, swing speed and construction. The Tour B box is kind of a joke. All is states is Average Score/Low-Mid? and Distance and Accuracy Tour B RX and Distance and Feel Tour B RXS, nothing else. This is not the kind of packaging and information for a ball at the price point they are selling at, looks cheap, and not informational at all. If I were to pick up a dozen of the Tour B's and compare it to say a TP5, I would go with the one that provided the most information.

Like I said good ball, with very little info.

And I love the fact it is made in the USA.

I am confused. I now play the Chrome Soft and would like to try out a Bridgestone but I am now very lost on which one would be an equal. Very confusing.

Driver _____ Ping G400 Max
Woods ____ Ping G410 3 & 5, Cleveland XL HALO 7
Hybrids ___ Titleist 818H1 5H
Irons ______ Titleist T300 6-GW
Wedges ___ Titleist Vokey SM9 52.08F & 56.10S
Putter _____ Odyssey Dual Force Rossie 2 or Rife 2-Bar w/ Nickel Putter Golf Ball Pick-Up
Ball _______  Titleist ProV1 Yellow
Distance __ GPS:  Bushnell Phantom 2,  Rangefinder:  Precision Pro NX7 Pro
GHIN ______ HCP floats between 10 and 12

Ok guys,

I was fortunate enough to get a dozen new Tour B X ball and I think this the best of both worlds for me. I have played bridgestone on and off over the last 5 years. Played the old B 330S, New B330S and the latest New B330 with tour B logo (which I love) If I could make it a © haha I would. Egocentric I guess.

The New B X ball is great in my opinion do to 3 key features:

Sound, yes sound. When I played the B 330 it sounded a little clicky off the putter and short pitch chip shots. Totally not the case anymore. Overall an excellent sound soft yet still solid.

Feel: I do associate sound with feel but then also validate what I am hearing by what the ball is doing on the green. The ball had no problem from short 20,30 yard pitches . The ball checked nicely, landed softly and was a pleasure to chip as well.

Lastly: durability I found this ball very hard to scuff or discolor throughout the round. I can't wait till next season as golf outdoors is coming to a close in montana and i will be in my golf cave with my simulator all winter getting my short game ready for 2018.

I have a swing speed on the average of 102-105 MPH for driver and 87-90MPH on 7 Iron with a handicap that goes from

3-7 based on practice time

KING LTD PRO Driver & KING LTD 3 Wood Stock Stiff shafts and length
PING e1 Irons 5-PW and PING Glide SS 48,52,56,TS60 all with Stock Length and Black Lie angle with Nippon Modus 105 Stiff shafts
Odyssey 2 ball Fang Putter with Superstroke Pistol 1.0 Grip and Nike RZN Tour Platinum Ball

Ok guys,

I was fortunate enough to get a dozen new Tour B X ball and I think this the best of both worlds for me.

Thanks for the feedback. It sounds like moving from the current B330 to the Tour B X is probably the right move for me. I really don't have any complaints about the B330, but a little softer feel like you described sounds nice. The marketing and packaging for the new series was just confusing to me.

I played both balls for 9 holes yesterday. I've been playing the B330 for the past two seasons for what that's worth. My thoughts below...

1: Off the tee -- the Tour B X was less prone to moving side to side. Both balls were a touch longer than the current B330 but nothing earth shattering. Saw multiple drives where the Tour B X was less fade/draw biased than the Tour B XS, but accuracy with both was good. Edge - Tour B X

2: Approach Shots -- Again, both balls were very good. Maybe a half club longer than the B330 which was interesting, but all in all not a huge improvement. Tour B XS definitely spun more, stopping faster into the greens and launching noticeably lower. Hit multiple shots from 100 yards and saw the Tour B XS stopping about 6 feet shorter than the Tour B X. Edge - Tour B XS

3: Short Game -- This is where the golf balls really showed their differences for me. Tour B X felt softer than the B330 but reacted very similarly. One hop and release a few feet. The Tour B XS - totally different. One hop and stop control. Could almost fly it exactly where I wanted it and it stopped very quickly. Feel was very soft, but not mushy. Loved it. Edge - Tour B XS

4: Putting -- Both felt soft and had a very pleasant sound. Pretty much a wash although I could tell the difference between the two in terms of feel. Edge - Tie

Both of the new Tour B series balls are very good but for me the new Tour B XS was better where I needed it to be better. Was impressed that I didn't see any loss of distance between the two balls. These are definitely a slight improvement over the B330 series.

PING G410 LST 9* (Weight neutral) - HZRDUS Black 6.5 
PING G410 14.5* LST - Tensei Pro Orange TX 70
PING Blueprint 3-Pw - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING Glide Forged (Ping Man stamps) - 50º/54º/58º - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING PLD Anser "Honey Badger"
Bridgestone Tour B XS

I played both balls for 9 holes yesterday. I've been playing the B330 for the past two seasons for what that's worth. My thoughts below...

Both of the new Tour B series balls are very good but for me the new Tour B XS was better where I needed it to be better.

Now I'm confused again!

giphy.gif

Looks like I'm definitely going to need to try both.

If they made the 330S spin less with a driver, they'd have a heck of a golf ball. That thing spun like a monster around the greens for me.

Ping G400 LST Ping Tour Stiff 63
Callaway Epic Fash Sub Zero 15 Hzrdus Smoke 6.5
Titleist 818 H1 19 Evenflow Blue 6.5 85
Titleist T100s Black 4-PW Dynamic Gold AMT Tour White
Titleist SM8 52 Dynamic Gold S200
TM High Toe 58 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM High Toe 64 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM Spider X

I really dislike the large 'Tour B' logo. Hoping the standard logo b330 goes on deep discount somewhere and I'll buy another 5-6 dozen for next year. That, or this could possibly drive me back to Titleist... I really don't like the jumbo B.

A found TP5x also really impressed a few weeks ago, so we'll see.

The "B" isn't that big. Just curious, are you a golfer that prefers no logos on your apparel as well?

I don't like most club/course logos on my apparel but I am fine with the FJ, ZR, Adidas stripes within reason. I do generally refuse to wear anything with a swoosh, except for maybe the odd pair of sneakers. I really dislike Nike. When ordering my custom forged Mack Daddy's I did opt to have the Chevron removed for a nice naked look on the back of the wedge.

It is mainly because of the mark I have adopted on my ball over the past 5 years. I like to mark right in the middle of the word Bridgestone (previously Titleist) with a nice medium size dot that eclipses a couple letters. That and I just think the B looks goofy. The traditional company name on opposing hemispheres is what I like am used to and prefer.

Have you posted on the "OCD" thread yet ? :lol:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

Regarding the marketing and info on the box, they aren't targeting the WRX crowd with their marketing. You guys should already know what you want out of a ball (slight sarcasm). I say that because working in golf retail, MOST customers don't know diddly about balls and what the info on the back of the balls mean other than flight characteristics and average score. That's why the E series sells well in the normal consumer market compared to the B series. Simpler marketing.

TaylorMade M3 w/HZRDUS Yellow stiff
TaylorMade M4 Tour 3 wood w/HZRDUS Red stiff
TaylorMade M3 2 hybrid (set to 19*) w/HZRDUS Black stiff
Srixon U65 4i Miyazaki Stiff
Srixon 765 5-PW Modus 120 Stiff
Cleveland RTX 3.0 50*, 54*, and 58* KBS 61
TaylorMade Spider Black

Gameball: Vice Pro Plus, Srixon Q Star Tour

Tour B X: Feel + accuracy, low scores.

Tour B XS: Feel + distance, low scores.

Tour B RX: Distance + accuracy, low-mid scores.

Tour B RXS: Distance + feel, low-mid scores.

Does anyone else find this matrix a little... say... unhelpful?

I think your question was rhetorical but I'll answer anyway... It's aweful. I spent an hour yesterday and another hour today looking through info on golf balls. And it's sadly hard to find good info.

The Snell Q&A on youtube was really helpful regardless of what brand or ball you end up buying. It helped me understand why I like the Pro V1 and B330S.

I now have the new 2017 Pro V1 on order to see if the lower spin off the tee is true. I also have the Tour B XS on order to see if it's an improvement on the B330S. I think they are trying to accomplish the same as Titleist. But it's hard to understand what they are trying to do. And I ordered a box of Snell MTB.

I'll report back on all 5 balls (2015 Pro V1, 2017 Pro V1, B330S B logo, Tour B XS, and MTB).

[color=#0000ff]Titleist TSR3 8*[/color]
[color=#0000ff]Callaway Epic SZ 15*[/color]
[color=#0000ff]Taylormade M3 Hybrids 17, 21[/color]
[color=#0000ff]Srixon ZX Utility 23[/color]
[color=#0000FF]Bridgestone 221CB 6-PW[/color]
[color=#0000FF]Miura 50, 54, 58C - KBS Tour[/color]
[color=#0000FF]Byron Morgan DH89[/color]

I have no idea what all of the means or not means or maybe means. I think but not sure.

Driver _____ Ping G400 Max
Woods ____ Ping G410 3 & 5, Cleveland XL HALO 7
Hybrids ___ Titleist 818H1 5H
Irons ______ Titleist T300 6-GW
Wedges ___ Titleist Vokey SM9 52.08F & 56.10S
Putter _____ Odyssey Dual Force Rossie 2 or Rife 2-Bar w/ Nickel Putter Golf Ball Pick-Up
Ball _______  Titleist ProV1 Yellow
Distance __ GPS:  Bushnell Phantom 2,  Rangefinder:  Precision Pro NX7 Pro
GHIN ______ HCP floats between 10 and 12

Well, maybe they thought, that this simplified matrix is more helpful, than the always more, or less, same claims about

distance gain, spin optimization, superior feel, low compression, penetrating everything etc... marketing talk.

The most helpful information I found so far is here:

https://thegolfnewsnet.com/ryan_ballengee/2017/08/23/bridgestone-golfs-tour-golf-ball-series-offers-benefits-player-profiles-106606/

And you can guess from some graphics, that the first mentioned property is the more dominant property of the ball...

For starters, from a guy that has played the 330 as his gamer the last 2 years. The new Tour B X is really long, it's really fun. Feels harder with full shots than the 330 black, shorter shots feel great though, with slightly more spin than the 330 black for how I hit it. Hard to make a switch at first, not now. It's a new gamer for me.

Well, maybe they thought, that this simplified matrix is more helpful, than the always more, or less, same claims about

distance gain, spin optimization, superior feel, low compression, penetrating everything etc... marketing talk.

The most helpful information I found so far is here:

https://thegolfnewsn...rofiles-106606/

And you can guess from some graphics, that the first mentioned property is the more dominant property of the ball...

I played the 330s from 2014 to 2016. The 2014 330s was the best ball I ever played. It's only shortcoming was feel off the putter and other short game shots. This season I mostly played the TP5 with some TP5x mixed in. To me, the TP5 was very similar to the 2014 330s, except it felt better but didn't spin quite as much around the green.

I had high hopes for the new tour b xs and picked up a dozen to play with over the last few weeks. The good news is that the new xs is one of the best feeling balls I've ever played. It's now right up there with the pro v1 and TM balls in terms of feel on, and around, the green. The huge spin around the green of the old 330s is still there too, which is great.

The issues with the ball that I noticed are that it's not nearly as good in the wind as the old 330s was and it also seems to spin a bit too much off of the driver and longer clubs. In my opinion the new tour xs is very close to the regular pro v1 for me, which isn't a terrible thing. However, it's not really different like the 2014. I'm holding out hope that the tour b x might be a better fit for me than the xs in this generation of bstone balls.

In my opinion right now the TP5 is the best ball out there and the 2014 330s is better than the current tour b xs, at least for me. If you don't spin your driver too much I could see the tour b xs being a great ball.

D - G410 LST - ADXC 6
5 Wood - Ping G400 - Ping Tour 85

7 Wood - Ping G410 - Ping Tour 65

4 - Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro H - Project X
5 - PW - MG CB 1008 - KBS Tour V 120
50 - Ping Anser - DG S400
55 - Vokey TVD K - DG S200
59 - NCW - DG S200

Lajosi Sensor WB SS - Stability Tour