Kiawah Island - Golf or Gourmet Escape Package Nov 12 - Mar 3

If you can, I HIGHLY recommend taking advantage of this deal. I went last January to celebrate my 30th. Went with my two brothers-in-law and my father-in-law. We stayed in the villas and played The Ocean Course on a perfect January day. It was low 60s and just a light breeze. Before our caddy fee we were in for $160/each, which included the night stay in the villa. Just a great deal.

I've been fortunate to play golf all over the country and this was hands down the best golf experience I've ever had. Between the golf course, the resort customer service, and the amazing caddies we had, it was first class all around. My only regret is not spending some time at the Ryder Cup bar after our round (we had to get back to our wives in Charleston).

I'm hoping to get my brother and dad down from Michigan to go again this year.

Titleist TSi3 10.5* - Fujikura Ventus Red 6S
TaylorMade Stealth Plus 15* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7S
TaylorMade UDI 2 iron - Tour Only Project X HZRDUS 105g 6.5
TaylorMade RSI 3 iron - KBS C Taper X
Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4 iron - KBS C Taper X
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW - KBS C Taper X
TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 54* SB - KBS C Taper S
TaylorMade Milled Grind Hi-Toe 58* - KBS C Taper S
Custom Cameron & Crown Mallet 1 or Futura 5W w/ custom flow neck
TaylorMade TP5x (2019 Version) 

If you can, I HIGHLY recommend taking advantage of this deal. I went last January to celebrate my 30th. Went with my two brothers-in-law and my father-in-law. We stayed in the villas and played The Ocean Course on a perfect January day. It was low 60s and just a light breeze. Before our caddy fee we were in for $160/each, which included the night stay in the villa. Just a great deal.

I've been fortunate to play golf all over the country and this was hands down the best golf experience I've ever had. Between the golf course, the resort customer service, and the amazing caddies we had, it was first class all around. My only regret is not spending some time at the Ryder Cup bar after our round (we had to get back to our wives in Charleston).

I'm hoping to get my brother and dad down from Michigan to go again this year.

I couldn't convince any friends last year or this year so i just bit the bullet and will be going solo. Arriving Nov 18th - 1:10pm tee time, then 9:10am tee time on the 19th, then plan to head to Mid Pines and Pine Needles for the Golf Lover's package for 2 nights.

Hoping we can get back in January. Because the flights are pretty cheap for us, we can usually wait until the last minute to try and catch a better weather slot. My wife and I got married a few years ago on the lawn just off the 18th hole so its one of our favorite spots to go back to.

This really has to be one of the best off season values out there, period. You'll just never see this kind of pricing for two rounds/hotel let alone at a top 5 course with a hotel that's as high end as the Sanctuary. I've seen the Sanctuary rooms go for 2x that on their own. BTW I think we've stayed in 3 different villa options and they ranged from very usuable to downright swanky. So if anyone is thinking of going that route, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

TM Stealth2 10.5* - Ventus TR Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TBD - TM P7MC // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey 46*/50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

Is pricing per person based on double occupancy?

Any idea what the replay rate is on these golf courses? Is hotel worth $100 extra compare to villa? Looking to possibly go as foursome.

Trying to get 36 holes in the day might be tough. Not sure what the replay rate is.

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 60

3 Wood: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Fujikura Ventus Blue 6

3 Hybrid: TaylorMade Sim2 Rescue - Tensei AV Raw Blue

4I - GW: Taylor Made PSI - KBS C-Taper 105

SW: Titleist SM5 - 54 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

LW: Titleist SM5 - 60 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter: 2022 Titleist Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Is pricing per person based on double occupancy?

Any idea what the replay rate is on these golf courses? Is hotel worth $100 extra compare to villa? Looking to possibly go as foursome.

We had 4 of us go. 2 to a Villa. Each person got a round of golf included with their stay. With taxes it was about $320/night in the Villas. Each person paid about $160 before caddy fee.

I've had friends go solo and play both rounds themselves. Similar to what Malones is doing. Play, spend the night, play again, then head home. I don't know what the replay rate is, but with losing an hour of daylight, I'm not sure you could get 36 in. Our round was right about 5 hours and we had 3 scratch (or better) players. It's just not a course you're going to get around quickly.

I've been told the Sanctuary Hotel is beautiful. Personally, I didn't mind the Villas, but the setup is better for a couple than it is for friends. Ours had just one king bed and a pullout sofa in the living room that my brother-in-law said was very uncomfortable.

I've been told the Sanctuary Hotel is beautiful. Personally, I didn't mind the Villas, but the setup is better for a couple than it is for friends. Ours had just one king bed and a pullout sofa in the living room that my brother-in-law said was very uncomfortable.

The one time I've stayed in the Villas with my wife it was nice. But as you say, not so ideal for two golfers instead of a couple.

I have not stayed at the Sanctuary and if I'm honest I'm simply not comfortable in that upscale of a place. We had dinner there one night and there were literally older ladies wearing fur coats, accompanied by older gentlemen wearing suits and ties. And it's a very "high touch" type setup with lots of staff around to provide personal service and assistance at every moment.

Not saying any of that is a bad thing. Just not really my scene.

The one time I've stayed in the Villas with my wife it was nice. But as you say, not so ideal for two golfers instead of a couple.

I have not stayed at the Sanctuary and if I'm honest I'm simply not comfortable in that upscale of a place. We had dinner there one night and there were literally older ladies wearing fur coats, accompanied by older gentlemen wearing suits and ties. And it's a very "high touch" type setup with lots of staff around to provide personal service and assistance at every moment.

Just out of curiosity, did your wife play golf with you? Or did she do something else? I know the package includes golf or dinner, but I wonder if it's possible to swap out a spa service instead. Might be a nice getaway for the wife and I if that's an option. She's not a golfer whatsoever and I'd hate to take her and then play twice. She wouldn't enjoy that.

This was many years ago, probably before they ever offered this package. We just drove down one evening and stayed in a Villa for two nights.

I played golf one round each day while she walked around and explored the island a bit. We left after my second round and went home. I paid the (winter) rack rate for my rounds of golf, back then it was something like $190/round. I seem to recall the Villa for two nights was only around $250 but prices have gone up since then. Thank goodness for the packages!

This looks like a really good deal, but it doesn't appear that the flight options from Denver are very good. Kind of negates the price of the package.

Maybe Kiawah for you is like Bandon for me. In theory an off-season trip to Bandon sounds just about affordable but it's a darned inconvenient journey from here in the southeast to get to Bandon and then in off season there's not really enough daylight to max out with two rounds a day.

You're probably the other way around, getting to Kiawah is inconvenient even if the price is great.

This looks like a really good deal, but it doesn't appear that the flight options from Denver are very good. Kind of negates the price of the package.

One of my brothers-in-law came from Denver last year. I seem to recall him flying from Denver to Dulles to Charleston, but I couldn't even begin to tell you what airline. He also travels quite a bit for business and may have used points/miles. We all arrived Friday and left Sunday. Spent our extra time in Charleston.

Maybe Kiawah for you is like Bandon for me. In theory an off-season trip to Bandon sounds just about affordable but it's a darned inconvenient journey from here in the southeast to get to Bandon and then in off season there's not really enough daylight to max out with two rounds a day.

You're probably the other way around, getting to Kiawah is inconvenient even if the price is great.

It does look tough. Southwest is cheaper but everything is a connection. Really don't like the idea of plane changes when I have my clubs.

Unfortunately for me Bandon travel appears to be pretty similar. I think that's why we've stuck with Mesquite, we can drive there ina day.

One of my brothers-in-law came from Denver last year. I seem to recall him flying from Denver to Dulles to Charleston, but I couldn't even begin to tell you what airline. He also travels quite a bit for business and may have used points/miles. We all arrived Friday and left Sunday. Spent our extra time in Charleston.

That's what I'm seeing. A lot of plane changes. Looked at Atlanta, but then it's a five hour drive.

Just out of curiosity, did your wife play golf with you? Or did she do something else? I know the package includes golf or dinner, but I wonder if it's possible to swap out a spa service instead. Might be a nice getaway for the wife and I if that's an option. She's not a golfer whatsoever and I'd hate to take her and then play twice. She wouldn't enjoy that.

If you look near the bottom of page it mentions getting special spa rates. I am going to book..play golf...and then let her go to the spa for a bit. I'm lucky..just moved to N Charleston...thanks to OP for head up. As an aside..I grew up in SC and used to go to Kiawah when there was nothing but a few homes...incredible what it has turned out to be IMO.

"We have learned that we must
live as men, not as ostriches, nor
as dogs in the manger." FDR

I personally would rather drive Charlotte to Kiawah than Atlanta to Kiawah but neither drive is much fun. I think ATL and CLT likely your only two nearby direct-flight options from Denver.

That's what it looked like to me. The problem was all the stops and plane changes.

For someone like me, probably the best idea would be to fly into somewhere with better connections, either north or south, and make a playing road trip with Kiahah sitting somewhere in the middle. But that's just not feasible right now.

I personally would rather drive Charlotte to Kiawah than Atlanta to Kiawah but neither drive is much fun. I think ATL and CLT likely your only two nearby direct-flight options from Denver.

That's what it looked like to me. The problem was all the stops and plane changes.

For someone like me, probably the best idea would be to fly into somewhere with better connections, either north or south, and make a playing road trip with Kiahah sitting somewhere in the middle. But that's just not feasible right now.

Yeah, I'd like to do that too. And yeah, that's not feasible AT ALL for me right now.

If you ever do make it to Kiawah drop me a PM just in case I could join you for a round. I'm getting just about due for my every-four-years special treat round there.

Yeah, I'd like to do that too. And yeah, that's not feasible AT ALL for me right now.

If you ever do make it to Kiawah drop me a PM just in case I could join you for a round. I'm getting just about due for my every-four-years special treat round there.

Although it's highly unlikely I'll make it in the near future I will absolutely get in touch if it does happen.

It does look tough. Southwest is cheaper but everything is a connection. Really don't like the idea of plane changes when I have my clubs.

Unfortunately for me Bandon travel appears to be pretty similar. I think that's why we've stuck with Mesquite, we can drive there ina day.

That's what I'm seeing. A lot of plane changes. Looked at Atlanta, but then it's a five hour drive.

Im flying to Kiawah tomorrow. I think it was $600 (which is pretty expensive but not outrageous) flying from Phoenix to Charlotte to Charleston.. I have about an hour in Charlotte.

Flying on American. 1 stop isn't terrible, especially with a short layover, and at $600 it was worth it given flying to ATL or just Charlotte was $400 and then I would have to rent a car and drive. My dad is driving down from Ohio so I don't need a car.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

I've been three years in a row with my wife and she doesn't play. When we stay 3 nights, we'll do two nights with golf at the Ocean included and 1 night with dinner included. They let us split ones of the nights between golf and dinner so I'd imagine they may be able to do spa services too. They've been pretty flexible in the past.

I'd just give them a ring, their customer service is really awesome.

Ping i25 10.5*
Callaway XHot 15* FW - TM RBZ2 19*H
Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 Irons 4-PW
Miura 51* Y grind/Miura 56* K grind
Titleist SM5 60* L grind
Bettinardi BB28 Raw

We flew into Atlanta and flew out of Charlotte, which I think saved 1.5 hours of driving.

I missed my flight into Charleston two weekends back and had to fly into ATL and drive down to CHS/Kiawah to make the following morning's tee time.

That drive is sh1te and I like driving.

I just drove Midway - Sand Valley - Kohler - Midway over the weekend and that was a relative joy.

I can appreciate options out of T.O. are limited though.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

For those, they have stayed before is $100 extra worth it to stay at Santuary vs. Villa? Talking w/ reservation office, Villa is a single-bedroom unit with a pull-out sofa. i'm guessing for Santuary, it would be their garden-view room so really not taking advantage of the ocean view this hotel is located at. Also is Santuary family-friendly? Lot of activities to keep little ones entertained while i golf?

For those, they have stayed before is $100 extra worth it to stay at Santuary vs. Villa? Talking w/ reservation office, Villa is a single-bedroom unit with a pull-out sofa. i'm guessing for Santuary, it would be their garden-view room so really not taking advantage of the ocean view this hotel is located at. Also is Santuary family-friendly? Lot of activities to keep little ones entertained while i golf?

I've not stayed in the Sanctuary hotel, but I will say this: the Villas, while nice, are not exactly designed for more than a couple. Both of our Villas had a single king bed with a pull-out sofa (which I was told was very uncomfortable). The Sanctuary is a highly rated hotel. I've been told by friends that it's much nicer than the Villas. I would imagine if you're traveling with a family, the Sanctuary would be the better option. More space in the rooms, plus the added amenities on-site. Depending on which Villa you get assigned to and how old your kids are, the Sanctuary may not be walkable. I'd just spend the extra $100 for convenience purposes, but that's just me. Best of luck. The island is really amazing. Trying to plan my own trip for this winter too.

• 11 months later...