Shot Scope V2 - GPS Watch with Tracking

I'm curious as to how accurate the putting locations & flag are, compared to other shot tracking options.

I'm currently using the Game Golf app in conjunction with a Pebble watch, but I need to do some heavy post-round editing to get the putt distances correct (I pace them off and jot them down on a scorecard).

With GPS + Glonass, it's only accurate to a few meters, not nearly the precision required to get accurate strokes gained on PUTTING, but could also affect SHORT GAME and APPROACH.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Here is some more info:

Note that V2 does NOT give your distance of the last shot. Per an email from their support:

"Unfortunately we can't show a 'live' distance that your shot went, we spoke to the governing bodies about this and they had issues with the system being conforming if we did it.

"The issue is because our system carries much higher performance data capability, so the governing bodies don't want us to show shot distance during the round. We could show which club and that shot distance, whereas every GPS system will just show a shot distance, this is also based on how far you have walked and I would imagine requires manual input."

Also note that V2 does NOT come preloaded with all of the courses in the world (or any courses, for that matter). Here is the answer from support:

"V2 does not come pre-loaded with courses and courses must be added prior to you playing the course. This is due to the quality of mapping data provided by Shot Scope, courses are regularly updated and therefore the download requirement ensures that you always have the most up to date information."

Their website says that that V2 has three different modes, but it doesn't give any details. Here is another excerpt from a support email:

"The three modes are for different playing conditions. GPS + Track gives you all of your distances to the front, middle and back of the green as well as tracking your performance. This makes this mode perfect for when you are playing stroke play. GPS mode gives you your distances but does not track your performance. This mode suits playing in match play or stableford events when you are potentially not completing every hole in the round. Pro mode tracks your performance but doesn't give any live distances. This is for top amateur and pro events when live distances are illegal."

I think that the lack of pre-loaded courses plus the lack of a shot distance feature makes this a lot less interesting for me. Otherwise, it still looks like a vast improvement over GameGolf---albeit at a higher price.

Would there be a reason that you would want to know immediately how far your last shot was?

Would be awesome if Shot Scope would allow us to somehow upload our rounds from our previous devices like my Game Golf and my Arccos

TM Sim 9.0
TM Sim 3WTi
TM Sim 3H

PXG XF 5-PW KBS TGI Graphite Reg
Cleveland CBX2 48/54/58 KBS
Byron Morgan GSS DH-89
www.gamegolf.com/player/Chunkylover77

I never tried V1 but this looks like it checks all the boxes for me. Debated it but ended up putting in my pre-order.

Arccos for Android is a horror show and Game Golf looked alright but I don't want to wear a belt clip. Phone in my pocket also didn't excite me much. Price is good and my Bushnell Neo watches have been well past their usefulness.

Would there be a reason that you would want to know immediately how far your last shot was?

Would be awesome if Shot Scope would allow us to somehow upload our rounds from our previous devices like my Game Golf and my Arccos

Stroke the ego if you are Puddlong like Gio?

whoa whoa...i got nothin to do with this.

PING G430 LST / 9* (dialed to 10.5*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Dark Speed LS / 3w (dialed to 15.5*) / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Stroke the ego if you are Puddlong like Gio?

whoa whoa...i got nothin to do with this.

Really? I have played golf with you and I know you are Puddlong. If you had you some Shot Scope you could go and look after each drive to verify it. BOOM

I've been doing some research and Shot Scope V2 seems to be the best product in this category.

- Preorder price is reasonable

- Watch seems like the best option compared to the Game Golf belt unit or phone in front pocket

- GPS watch is an added value and nice feature in V2

- No tagging

- Can edit shots

- Putting stats with quick easy way to mark the pin

It also seems like they are constantly working on updates which is nice to see.

I've never bought a shot tracking system. What are the negatives of V2 compared to Game Golf Live and Arccos 360?

Does Shot Scope's online stats show scoring history on the same hole? I'd like to compile stats to see how I do at my home course taking different clubs off the tee on a few holes.

Are the putting stats pretty accurate?

Anyone have any updates on when the pre-orders will ship?

Just got an email from Shot Scope saying they are delayed till October 20th.

I got the same e-mail.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

I was hoping I may be able to help answer a few questions that have been posted in this thread and also clear up the delay situation.

I know Muddler asked if we will continue to sell the V1, and the answer is no. The Rules of Golf changed recently and the governing bodies will give different modes a different conformance rating. Therefore, in PRO mode V2 acts the same as V1 and will be eligible for all tournaments.

On the delay, I cannot apologize enough, this is something we were keen to avoid. We haven't quite been able to scale our manufacturing to cover the fantastic number of pre-orders, and we are therefore running a couple of weeks behind. We have had a few responses questioning why we didn't release this information earlier and the simple reason is that we needed to make sure we gave the correct updated shipping date. If we can bring forward the time-lines then we will. All customers should now have been emailed and given an updated shipping date which was dependent on their original shipping date. I know that this forum is very international and we have added that every pre-order will be shipped for free.

We really appreciate all the discussions about Shot Scope and the V2 golf watch on GolfWRX, a number of our team check the forums to see what users/GolfWRXers are saying about the company and product and also noting questions and suggestions they may have. If you have further questions either ask me to answer on here, or contact our support team and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.

I was hoping I may be able to help answer a few questions that have been posted in this thread and also clear up the delay situation.

I know Muddler asked if we will continue to sell the V1, and the answer is no. The Rules of Golf changed recently and the governing bodies will give different modes a different conformance rating. Therefore, in PRO mode V2 acts the same as V1 and will be eligible for all tournaments.

On the delay, I cannot apologize enough, this is something we were keen to avoid. We haven't quite been able to scale our manufacturing to cover the fantastic number of pre-orders, and we are therefore running a couple of weeks behind. We have had a few responses questioning why we didn't release this information earlier and the simple reason is that we needed to make sure we gave the correct updated shipping date. If we can bring forward the time-lines then we will. All customers should now have been emailed and given an updated shipping date which was dependent on their original shipping date. I know that this forum is very international and we have added that every pre-order will be shipped for free.

We really appreciate all the discussions about Shot Scope and the V2 golf watch on GolfWRX, a number of our team check the forums to see what users/GolfWRXers are saying about the company and product and also noting questions and suggestions they may have. If you have further questions either ask me to answer on here, or contact our support team and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.

Can you explain the conformance ratings - do you know what they will be for the modes on the V2?

I play in a few amateur events and GPS devices (including phone apps) are legal as long as they measure distance only. V2 will be my first shot tracking system and I would think that since you can't see your stats until you upload them after the round that I could use the device/system to both track my shots and use the watch's GPS distances during a tournament round.

Hi 5yddraw,

The dimensions are all on the website if you scroll down (www.shotscope.com/pre-orderV2).

On conformance, your absolutely right for 99.9% of us the GPS+Track mode will be fully conforming as long as the 14-3 local rule is in effect. For your amateur events you will be able to use the GPS and performance tracking functionality.

We have built a PRO mode because our V1 product has been used on the European Tour and Ladies European Tour, obviously those golfers can't use distance measuring devices. So PRO mode allows the GPS functionality to be turned off and therefore will allow V2 to be used on professional tours.

Anyone think that for the typical mid-teens capper, this might be too much information? Or conversely, extremely important information?

Yes. Especially during the offseason, it'll help you identify where your game is weakest -- accuracy, proper club selection, etc. Check out the Demo Link, help you understand all the useful data points and how it's presented

I've been doing some research and Shot Scope V2 seems to be the best product in this category.

- Preorder price is reasonable

- Watch seems like the best option compared to the Game Golf belt unit or phone in front pocket

- GPS watch is an added value and nice feature in V2

- No tagging

- Can edit shots

- Putting stats with quick easy way to mark the pin

It also seems like they are constantly working on updates which is nice to see.

I've never bought a shot tracking system. What are the negatives of V2 compared to Game Golf Live and Arccos 360?

Are the putting stats pretty accurate?

I'm torn in between the Shot Scope V2 and my Arccos 360. The Arccos requires you to keep your phone in your pocket (can be annoying), while the Shot Scope will work off the watch.

From what I understand, Shot Scope is supposed to be the most accurate for putting stats since it's the only system you mark the hole's location.

I'm torn in between the Shot Scope V2 and my Arccos 360. The Arccos requires you to keep your phone in your pocket (can be annoying), while the Shot Scope will work off the watch.

From what I understand, Shot Scope is supposed to be the most accurate for putting stats since it's the only system you mark the hole's location.

I've been eyeing the Arccos for a while now but the Android app is supposed to be horrendous. Having the phone in your pocket at all times isn't something that I'd want. Even with the iPhone app, which is supposed to be quite nice, battery usage doesn't seem to be something they can get around.

The Shot Scope is the closest to ideal I can find...even though I'm not super excited about a thick watch on my wrist.

I've been eyeing the Arccos for a while now but the Android app is supposed to be horrendous. Having the phone in your pocket at all times isn't something that I'd want. Even with the iPhone app, which is supposed to be quite nice, battery usage doesn't seem to be something they can get around.

The Shot Scope is the closest to ideal I can find...even though I'm not super excited about a thick watch on my wrist.

With my iPhone, normally have 45-55% battery left after a round (depending on how emailing and text messaging I during the round). Is the watch annoying? I usually keep the phone in my backside pocket, which has made it much less noticeable.

It's a feature nobody else offers and is obvious as to why it would be helpful. All it has to do it remember where you last hit, and calculate distance to where you are currently standing. It's already doing that by telling you gps distances anyway so I don't see why it's a problem for them to integrate. Their reasoning against it makes no sense.

Can you address this info and tell us why this can't be integrated? Shot scope already remembers where you last hit, and it has a GPS rangefinder so why can't it take the distance between where you last hit and add the distance to where you are standing? Just bundle the feature into one of the non tournament legal modes, it's a killer feature that NOBODY else is offering in golf stat trackers. You would literally corner the market and be the industry standard. Please consider it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is some more info:

Note that V2 does NOT give your distance of the last shot.  Per an email from their support:

"Unfortunately we can't show a 'live' distance that your shot went, we spoke to the governing bodies about this and they had issues with the system being conforming if we did it.

"The issue is because our system carries much higher performance data capability, so the governing bodies don't want us to show shot distance during the round. We could show which club and that shot distance, whereas every GPS system will just show a shot distance, this is also based on how far you have walked and I would imagine requires manual input."

Also note that V2 does NOT come preloaded with all of the courses in the world (or any courses, for that matter).  Here is the answer from support:

"V2 does not come pre-loaded with courses and courses must be added prior to you playing the course. This is due to the quality of mapping data provided by Shot Scope, courses are regularly updated and therefore the download requirement ensures that you always have the most up to date information."

Their website says that that V2 has three different modes, but it doesn't give any details.  Here is another excerpt from a support email:

"The three modes are for different playing conditions. GPS + Track gives you all of your distances to the front, middle and back of the green as well as tracking your performance. This makes this mode perfect for when you are playing stroke play.  GPS mode gives you your distances but does not track your performance. This mode suits playing in match play or stableford events when you are potentially not completing every hole in the round. Pro mode tracks your performance but doesn't give any live distances. This is for top amateur and pro events when live distances are illegal."

I think that the lack of pre-loaded courses plus the lack of a shot distance feature makes this a lot less interesting for me.  Otherwise, it still looks like a vast improvement over GameGolf---albeit at a higher price.

With my iPhone, normally have 45-55% battery left after a round (depending on how emailing and text messaging I during the round). Is the watch annoying? I usually keep the phone in my backside pocket, which has made it much less noticeable.

Never thought about the back pocket. Interesting.

I've had several Bushnell watches and I find them distracting but I'm mental...This looks thicker than anything I've worn so I'm a little nervous about the size. I was able to get used to having a watch on, just wasn't ideal for me. Idk how else you get around it. You need something to tag the club with.

Never thought about the back pocket. Interesting.

I've had several Bushnell watches and I find them distracting but I'm mental...This looks thicker than anything I've worn so I'm a little nervous about the size. I was able to get used to having a watch on, just wasn't ideal for me. Idk how else you get around it. You need something to tag the club with.

When I say backpocket, I mean my right front pocket as a righty. I usually wear Adidas shorts, which have deep pockets so that might also help too. Arccos has said putting your phone in your back (butt) pockets may cause issues.

From the website:

"Currently, Shot Scope V2 is being manufactured and all orders will ship on the 1st of December 2017. From the 24th of November, you will be able to use the unique code we send you by email to pay the remaining balance. Simply apply the code at checkout and the price will be reduced to $150. You will receive a payment confirmation email immediately and a shipping confirmation email once your V2 has been despatched on the 1st of December. Shipping times vary dependent on location: generally UK shipping is 3-5 working days, European shipping is 5-7 working days, USA shipping is 3-8 working days and the rest of the world can take between 5-10 working days."