Tiger Woods WITB 2017

CStephenson17

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiger won't switch clubs until he's worn the faces down on a demo set of irons from TM. I'm sure these are just old Nike blades he has leftover. IF he plays professionally again, you'd have to assume he will be using all TM by that point.

Tiger will be using whatever he wants to use. He probably has a Woods only deal.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Honestly, they couldn't just build him a set of the new blades and put "Tiger Proto" on it? I'm sorry but this is just one of several reasons why this guy is hard to like. Rory said in that recent podcast "I really don't want to mess with all of that prototype stuff. I don't need something made especially for me. Just give me something that works and I'll play it." Well said.

2023 WITB
Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS 10.5* - MMT 70x
3 Wood: Callaway Paradym TD 15* - Kai'li White 80x

Utility: Callaway X-Forged UT 21*
4-PW: Callaway Apex MBs - Project X 6.0
52* Wedge: Callaway Jaws Raw S Grind
58* Wedge: Callaway Jaws Raw Full Toe
Putter: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5k Double Wide DB

I am not really sure of the details on Tiger and Taylormade's contract, but if I was them I would be a little annoyed. Just use the 730's and the milled grind wedges and get used to them. Clearly re branded Nike irons and using old Nike wedges.

Agreed. I wonder if this could be a indication that TW and TM are parting ways in the future?

I get what you guys are saying - but for a TGR Ventures public appearance talking to a crowd and hitting some high fades, he doesn't exactly need to have a fully structured TM bag. If he was entering a tournament tomorrow, then perhaps.

But I'm sure Taylormade and Tiger both know there's still plenty of time to design the TW Proto Blades before he's ready for tournament golf..

Not to mention no one here knows the structure of his TM contract, although in his press release he stated he'd be working closely w/ TM engineers to produce the clubs he wants to play. We can all agree it's for a maximum of 13 clubs.

That being said, there's not a doubt in my mind those are one-off irons made at the Oven to the exact specifications of his Nike VR Pro blades. I don't blame him....he played those blades very well (even at the tourney in Bahamas) during his miniature comeback. If he hits them well and TM doesn't have anything for him yet, of course those are in the bag.

Honestly, they couldn't just build him a set of the new blades and put "Tiger Proto" on it? I'm sorry but this is just one of several reasons why this guy is just hard to like. Rory said in that recent podcast "I really don't want to mess with all of that prototype stuff. I don't need something made especially for me. Just give me something that works and I'll play it." Well said.

You must not have been following Tiger's equipment very closely then. This is not new. Everything he had from Nike was custom built just for him (lower cc head driver with glued hosel and irons made specifically for him) and it took A LOT to get him to switch to any type of new equipment. He's hardly the only Tour player that treats his equipment this way either. How much custom Callaway equipment has Phil had made specifically for him over the years?

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

Honestly, they couldn't just build him a set of the new blades and put "Tiger Proto" on it? I'm sorry but this is just one of several reasons why this guy is just hard to like. Rory said in that recent podcast "I really don't want to mess with all of that prototype stuff. I don't need something made especially for me. Just give me something that works and I'll play it." Well said.

You must not have been following Tiger's equipment very closely then. This is not new. Everything he had from Nike was custom built just for him (lower cc head driver with glued hosel and irons made specifically for him) and it took A LOT to get him to switch to any type of new equipment. He's hardly the only Tour player that treats his equipment this way either. How much custom Callaway equipment has Phil had made specifically for him over the years?

But Tiger is "hard to like", so additional scrutiny needs to be applied.

Tiger won't switch clubs until he's worn the faces down on a demo set of irons from TM. I'm sure these are just old Nike blades he has leftover. IF he plays professionally again, you'd have to assume he will be using all TM by that point.

IF he plays professionally again I'd assume he'd use whatever clubs he felt most comfortable with regardless of brand. Dude has enough money, he wants to win. He's not going back out on tour to bag 14 TM clubs and make a few mil a season in endorsements...

Epic Speed LS 🔷🔷🔷 9* Hzrdus Hulk Smoke 6.5TX 
X Hot 3 Deep 14.5* Matrix Ozik 8M2 X Flex
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 2 KBS 105X
T-MB 4 PX LS 7.0

Nike VR Pro Combo Pocket Cavity 5 Iron, 6-9 Blades Oban 125X
RTX Zip Core 46 Oban 125X

Vokey 50M KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 54V KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 60M KBS Tour 130X
Champions Choice Newport Plus MMT 135

Would not be surprised if those irons (with TGR on them) are made by Mike Taylor and his new company.

Cant see TaylorMade not stamping their name all over the irons if they are indeed TM irons.

Tiger trusts MT and it wouldnt be far fetched if he is still working with him until TM can come up with something similar to his exacting standards.

My thoughts as well.

Does anyone know what Taylor is up to? I was super impressed by his work when I visited The Oven. Clearly one of the best talents out there.

https://www.facebook.../artisangolftx/

Anyone know how much a set of the Artisan Golf "Nike Blades" cost?

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

He did the same thing at Nike, doesn't that kind of back up my point? Sure they eventually released the TW Blades at Nike and I guess they did moderately well. My bet is that these TGR irons never get released. The TM reps have to want their guys playing something that at least resembles retail. So he's not playing their irons, not playing the ball.........I guess the woods and wedges are enough?

No doubt Phil gets a little crazy with his equipment. But if you look at his bag besides the putter he is playing stock Callaway heads......with maybe just a touch of lead tape thrown in there at times. :) You could say the PM wedge was Phil being a diva but they released it at retail and it has done quite well.

Look Tiger is the GOAT, you need an ego to be that good, and I guess he has earned the right to be demanding. But to me it screams "I'm so good that I need something different from everyone else. Nobody makes anything good enough for me." That's just how I read it.

2023 WITB
Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS 10.5* - MMT 70x
3 Wood: Callaway Paradym TD 15* - Kai'li White 80x

Utility: Callaway X-Forged UT 21*
4-PW: Callaway Apex MBs - Project X 6.0
52* Wedge: Callaway Jaws Raw S Grind
58* Wedge: Callaway Jaws Raw Full Toe
Putter: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5k Double Wide DB

Tiger will be using whatever he wants to use. He probably has a Woods only deal.

Maybe the deal has changed, but originally it was woods, irons, and wedges

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (DI-95X, PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 50*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Tiger has just started swinging since the most recent surgery. Just playing what he’s used to until he gets time to test TM irons. TM doesn’t want Tiger using promoting anything Nike in clubs, so he just had the backups done with TGR. Can’t think of a more likely scenario.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (DI-95X, PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 50*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Tiger has just started swinging since the most recent surgery. Just playing what he's used to until he gets time to test TM irons. TM doesn't want Tiger using promoting anything Nike in clubs, so he just had the backups done with TGR. Can't think of a more likely scenario.

Agree with everything here. And that is why the original photos of his bag were taken from an angle where all you could see was the faces. I doubt Tiger or TM wanted the detailed photos released, but here we are.

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

Honestly, they couldn't just build him a set of the new blades and put "Tiger Proto" on it? I'm sorry but this is just one of several reasons why this guy is hard to like. Rory said in that recent podcast "I really don't want to mess with all of that prototype stuff. I don't need something made especially for me. Just give me something that works and I'll play it." Well said.

Why are you surprised that he's picky about his clubs? I'm a recreational golfer that only competes in our club championship and I'm picky about my clubs. Heck, if I had his money all I'd do is buy new clubs and play golf.

He did the same thing at Nike, doesn't that kind of back up my point? Sure they eventually released the TW Blades at Nike and I guess they did moderately well. My bet is that these TGR irons never get released. The TM reps have to want their guys playing something that at least resembles retail. So he's not playing their irons, not playing the ball.........I guess the woods and wedges are enough?

No doubt Phil gets a little crazy with his equipment. But if you look at his bag besides the putter he is playing stock Callaway heads......with maybe just a touch of lead tape thrown in there at times. :) You could say the PM wedge was Phil being a diva but they released it at retail and it has done quite well.

Look Tiger is the GOAT, you need an ego to be that good, and I guess he has earned the right to be demanding. But to me it screams "I'm so good that I need something different from everyone else. Nobody makes anything good enough for me." That's just how I read it.

Preface this by saying. Youre a good egg. Lol. And I don't mean to argue. But I think off base here.

Tiger has always had clubs made to his specs. Why on earth would he play an iron to Rory's specs?

Now this is pure speculation but I bet that mr Taylor is working on him a set of TM blades. Some that suit the new look but Tigers wants. The Nike set is likely a standin that MT was able to put together and for kicks logo with Tigers company to give him a non Nike badged set to play in the meantime.

This is not new stuff. Many many tour guys have customs made irons that mimick the retail irons in looks. But are much different in form and function. I own two sets like that. Both titleist blades. Both well camoflouged but both way different than their retail cousins. Set I play is 680 with offset bent out and more beef on topline , sole and muscle pad. A really heavy head. Hold them beside a retail 680 and it's very apparent they aren't the same. Yet on tv you couldn't tell. This goes on with CB irons and GI too. You just can't tell on tv.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Would not be surprised if those irons (with TGR on them) are made by Mike Taylor and his new company.

Cant see TaylorMade not stamping their name all over the irons if they are indeed TM irons.

Tiger trusts MT and it wouldnt be far fetched if he is still working with him until TM can come up with something similar to his exacting standards.

My thoughts as well.

Does anyone know what Taylor is up to? I was super impressed by his work when I visited The Oven. Clearly one of the best talents out there.

https://www.facebook.../artisangolftx/

Anyone know how much a set of the Artisan Golf "Nike Blades" cost?

Back of the line bub!

Seriously. Don't know. Yet.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

You're right. I mean Phil would never ever had Titleist make the 731PM irons just for him. Wait what? ;)

ETA: Callaway has also made clubs just for Phil. Phrankenwood, that scooped out hybrid, wedges, etc.

You're right. I mean Phil would never ever had Titleist make the 731PM irons just for him. Wait what? ;)

Irvthe phrankenwood or the pm grind wedge ( which did eventually come to retail ) .... epic subzero 440 driver , a slew of odyssey blades you can't buy , a white black whote versa 9 with a shaft and a half of offset with a sight line and a current model face insert ( also can't buy) , kbs 125x shafts ( can't buy) hybrid metal /plastic spikes , heck. Even has his own golf ball.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Irvthe phrankenwood or the pm grind wedge ( which did eventually come to retail ) .... epic subzero 440 driver , a slew of odyssey blades you can't buy , a white black whote versa 9 with a shaft and a half of offset with a sight line and a current model face insert ( also can't buy) , kbs 125x shafts ( can't buy) hybrid metal /plastic spikes , heck. Even has his own golf ball.

And when it’s all custom made, enough lead tape to give the entire state of California cancer

Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 7*........................Project X Smoke Green 60 TX
Taylormade Stealth Plus 13*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Taylormade Stealth Plus 17*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 9X

Srixon ZX Utility 3..........................................Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX
Srixon ZX Utility 4..........................................Dynamic Gold X7
Srixon ZX7 5-9...............................................Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland Zipcore Raw 47, 53......................Dynamic Gold X7

Vokey Wedge Works V Grind 59..................Dynamic Gold S400
Yes! Ann.........................................................KBS GPS 120

What the heck does TGR stand for anyway?

Miura

Hahah just kidding. It’s his investment group he started earlier this year.

I know that, but what does the acronym actually stand for?

I think it’s just Tiger without the i e to make it sound cool

I have no imagination.

As mentioned, he went with "Tiger" without the vowels. That turned out a lot better than if he went with his last name without the vowels, WDs...

Don't forget the special molds for his NDMCs!

Is this a new Tiger logo as well potentially? TGR with those three lines to portray a tiger claw?

Driver: Tour Issued TaylorMade M4, 9.1 Deg // Matrix VLCT 60g X flex
3 Wood: Tour Issued TaylorMade M1, 3HL 17.1 Deg // Diamana D+ 82g X flex
3 Iron: Adams DHY 21 Deg // Matrix White Tie 83g X Flex
Irons: TaylorMade MC (2011) 4-PW // Project X 6.5
Wedges: Callaway MD4, 52, 56 & 60 // TT DG Tour Issued S200
Putter: Ping Scottsdale TR Anser 2 
Bag: Titelst StaDry

Grip: GolfPride MCC Team Red/Yellow (Calgary Flames colors)

Is this a new Tiger logo as well potentially? TGR with those three lines to portray a tiger claw?

Could be. That's his new company logo but I don't think it will transition over to his nike apparel.

Cool, thanks for the intel there sir!

Driver: Tour Issued TaylorMade M4, 9.1 Deg // Matrix VLCT 60g X flex
3 Wood: Tour Issued TaylorMade M1, 3HL 17.1 Deg // Diamana D+ 82g X flex
3 Iron: Adams DHY 21 Deg // Matrix White Tie 83g X Flex
Irons: TaylorMade MC (2011) 4-PW // Project X 6.5
Wedges: Callaway MD4, 52, 56 & 60 // TT DG Tour Issued S200
Putter: Ping Scottsdale TR Anser 2 
Bag: Titelst StaDry

Grip: GolfPride MCC Team Red/Yellow (Calgary Flames colors)