2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Bridgestone Tour B Golf Ball Reviews?

FAbb

I played the 330s from 2014 to 2016. The 2014 330s was the best ball I ever played. It's only shortcoming was feel off the putter and other short game shots. This season I mostly played the TP5 with some TP5x mixed in. To me, the TP5 was very similar to the 2014 330s, except it felt better but didn't spin quite as much around the green.

I had high hopes for the new tour b xs and picked up a dozen to play with over the last few weeks. The good news is that the new xs is one of the best feeling balls I've ever played. It's now right up there with the pro v1 and TM balls in terms of feel on, and around, the green. The huge spin around the green of the old 330s is still there too, which is great.

The issues with the ball that I noticed are that it's not nearly as good in the wind as the old 330s was and it also seems to spin a bit too much off of the driver and longer clubs. In my opinion the new tour xs is very close to the regular pro v1 for me, which isn't a terrible thing. However, it's not really different like the 2014. I'm holding out hope that the tour b x might be a better fit for me than the xs in this generation of bstone balls.

In my opinion right now the TP5 is the best ball out there and the 2014 330s is better than the current tour b xs, at least for me. If you don't spin your driver too much I could see the tour b xs being a great ball.

What is your driver swing speed?

Have you tried the B Rxs?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My driver swing speed is 110 to 115 depending on the time of year and what device is measuring it. My HDCP is usually around 0-2 during the peak of the season. I have not tried the B rxs yet but maybe will give that a try after the tour b x.

Don't get me wrong, I like the new xs, however, for me they seem to have really added to the feel of the ball at the expense of some wind handling and distance with the long clubs, especially when compared to the 2014 model.

Of what I've played this year the way I see the current balls are as follows:

Best Driver/Long club Ball: TP5X....however, is kind of uncontrollable with short irons and around the green. You never know exactly how far it will go or how much spin it will have.

Best short game ball/Most spin: Tour B XS....however, is shorter and not as straight with longer clubs. Around the green it feels great and spins perfectly.

Best overall ball: TP5....does everything pretty well but not great at any one aspect of the game. Similar to ProV1x, but better in the wind.

I have not played the chromesoft balls and only tried srixon for a round or two, but did not like the feel of them.

D - G410 LST - ADXC 6
5 Wood - Ping G400 - Ping Tour 85

7 Wood - Ping G410 - Ping Tour 65

4 - Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro H - Project X
5 - PW - MG CB 1008 - KBS Tour V 120
50 - Ping Anser - DG S400
55 - Vokey TVD K - DG S200
59 - NCW - DG S200

Lajosi Sensor WB SS - Stability Tour

My driver swing speed is 110 to 115 depending on the time of year and what device is measuring it. My HDCP is usually around 0-2 during the peak of the season. I have not tried the B rxs yet but maybe will give that a try after the tour b x.

Don't get me wrong, I like the new xs, however, for me they seem to have really added to the feel of the ball at the expense of some wind handling and distance with the long clubs, especially when compared to the 2014 model.

Best Driver/Long club Ball: TP5X....however, is kind of uncontrollable with short irons and around the green. You never know exactly how far it will go or how much spin it will have.

Best short game ball/Most spin: Tour B XS....however, is shorter and not as straight with longer clubs. Around the green it feels great and spins perfectly.

Best overall ball: TP5....does everything pretty well but not great at any one aspect of the game. Similar to ProV1x, but better in the wind.

I have not played the chromesoft balls and only tried srixon for a round or two, but did not like the feel of them.

Hmmm, I would have thought, that the Srixon Z-Star XV should be the perfect fit for you and your swing speed.

However, I have ordered some B XS and I will try them against the B330S (2016) and the Z-Star XV (2017).

I am curious, what you think about the B RXS.

Played 18 with the Tour B RX today. --- Basically, it's like the best 2-piece surlyn ball you've ever played for greenside feel and tee-box course correction. Otherwise, distance isn't anything crazy, and shot-shaping is less easy (but you benefit from the course-correction bit).

I am your quintessential 40-something bogey golfer and dropping (2 yrs playing). I'm just as likely to par as bogey or double bogey. One birdie every two rounds. Driver routinely between 200-220, occasional blast to 240 and beyond, occasional popup to 180 or under. No real issues off the tee, generally find fairways or short rough, slight draw or slight fade depending on course management. My 6i carries 150-155, and every club up and down is a very predictable 10 yard gap. The one issue I've got is my driver probably has too much loft, I play a 12* 915d2 set to 11.25*, and I hit my 3w almost as far. I used to hit it further with my old 10.5* 910d2, albeit less consistently, but whatever. I am a better than bogey wedge player, 56* most shots under 75, although lately have been really enjoying a 52* with more rollout given the situation. My favorite ball ever was the 2015 Wilson Staff FG Tour yellow, only time I've ever reached a par 5 in 2, and my usual gamers are all cheaper urethanes (E5, Project(a)), or an old stash of DT Solos I've been working off of. But enough bio.

Course I played today was Bartholomew in New Orleans, LA. It's a very good municipal course. Good distance challenge for me compared to every other reasonably priced greens fee in the area. The others are typically short. I played the men's tees, about 6500 yards.

The B RX reminded me a lot of the previous generation E6, before they broke into Speed and Soft and got rid of e5 and e7. I really liked e5, and e7 wasn't bad. But this ball has all of the curve-fixing characteristics of the e6. If you struggle with a slice or a hook, you will be happy you bought them. It does this course-correcting even better than the original e6.

Where it departed from the old gen e6 was near the green. I'd routinely hit the old e6 into a green and be thrilled at peppering the flagstick, only to get to the green and see the ball had rolled off the back. Not so for the B RX. The B RX definitely had some drop and stop on iron shots.

So, tee to green:

Tee shots: tons of old gen e6 qualities. Not easy to slice or hook this ball. But distance-wise, I wasn't impressed with good strikes. I feel like it salvaged less than perfect driver strikes, but didn't really reward the on-the-screws shots. That was disappointing, because I had several today that I flushed or played a tiny draw and when I measured, it wasn't what I was expecting. Launch was a little high, which is a bit to do with my driver setup, but it was higher than it should have been after accounting for that variable and wind etc.

Fairway woods and hybrids went well, but similar drop in distance. This is the opposite of what some people report, where they find the woods get a pop and their irons drop a few yards. I had the opposite experience. Woods might have lost a touch over 5 yards.

Irons were a pleasure to hit. Every shot, no matter how it was struck, had a nice comfortable feeling. None of that blade reverb feel you get when you badly mishit something, which I did a few times today w irons. So the feeling is pretty soft. And distance on irons was very predictable.

I have read some reviews of people saying that their irons dropped distance and their woods gained with these balls - not so for my experience. I would say the irons were spot-on in distance, except for a marginal (less than 5 yards) gain in some situations.

Again, irons had a drop and stop feeling into greens. Also just a little difficult to play shot shapes here. I don't really vary my iron shapes to much unless I need a little extra distance and I play an intentional draw into an area, and that worked ok, but it seemed less extreme, which is in keeping with the tee box impressions.

Wedge play with these balls was strong. Very easy to control. Nice feel off the wedge. Good predictability for bump and runs and short pitches alike. Did not stop as well as I'd like, as a few 56* hit into greens moved a little more than they should have once they landed, but the greens were kinda fast today and I'm not a huge spin player, so it was average.

Putting was average. Didn't like or dislike the feel. For me, I kinda have to get used to one kind of ball to be able to predict anything. By the end of the round I was feeling them better. I would say they felt good, but might have jumped off the face a little more than I expected, so a few went long, and then after dialing them back they went too short. Left 2 birdie putts short today on downhills, which kinda stunk, but oh well. Can't really blame the ball there. It felt fine, but feel is so personal.

I would say that these balls excel at keeping you straight off the tee, even if you lose a little distance (unlike old gen e6), and stopping on the green from irons, which were a tiny bit longer than usual with other balls.

So they're basically an old gen e6 with much better iron and greenside manners. Kinda the opposite of what I usually play, which are urethane cheap tour-esque balls. This one felt like a really amazing two-piece surlyn ball with good green feel.

I hope this review helps someone decide on whether or not to try this ball. If I buy another box of these, I will definitely try one of the X or XS line to see if they feel more like a true tour ball.

I'm testing them side by side soon! Great reviews - thx!

TM Qi10 LS 8.25°, Ventus Black 6X, tipped 1”, 44.75” 

TM BRNR Mini Driver at 12° (HWF), HZRDUS Black RDX 70 TX, tipped 1", 43.75"

TM Stealth+ 5w at 18.25°, HZRDUS Black RDX 80 6.5, tipped 1”, 42.5”

2023 Titleist T100 (4-GW), PX 6.0, +1/4”

Vokey SM10 54.12(D), 60.08(M), PX 6.0, +1/4"

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2, 360g, 35"

I really dislike the large 'Tour B' logo. Hoping the standard logo b330 goes on deep discount somewhere and I'll buy another 5-6 dozen for next year. That, or this could possibly drive me back to Titleist... I really don't like the jumbo B.

A found TP5x also really impressed a few weeks ago, so we'll see.

The "B" isn't that big. Just curious, are you a golfer that prefers no logos on your apparel as well?

I don't like most club/course logos on my apparel but I am fine with the FJ, ZR, Adidas stripes within reason. I do generally refuse to wear anything with a swoosh, except for maybe the odd pair of sneakers. I really dislike Nike. When ordering my custom forged Mack Daddy's I did opt to have the Chevron removed for a nice naked look on the back of the wedge.

It is mainly because of the mark I have adopted on my ball over the past 5 years. I like to mark right in the middle of the word Bridgestone (previously Titleist) with a nice medium size dot that eclipses a couple letters. That and I just think the B looks goofy. The traditional company name on opposing hemispheres is what I like am used to and prefer.

I wonder if it's just me, I honestly thought it would be a limited run with the large B and they would go back to the traditional logo.

I hate the large B too. I think it is ugly.

I really dislike the large 'Tour B' logo. Hoping the standard logo b330 goes on deep discount somewhere and I'll buy another 5-6 dozen for next year. That, or this could possibly drive me back to Titleist... I really don't like the jumbo B.

A found TP5x also really impressed a few weeks ago, so we'll see.

The "B" isn't that big. Just curious, are you a golfer that prefers no logos on your apparel as well?

I don't like most club/course logos on my apparel but I am fine with the FJ, ZR, Adidas stripes within reason. I do generally refuse to wear anything with a swoosh, except for maybe the odd pair of sneakers. I really dislike Nike. When ordering my custom forged Mack Daddy's I did opt to have the Chevron removed for a nice naked look on the back of the wedge.

It is mainly because of the mark I have adopted on my ball over the past 5 years. I like to mark right in the middle of the word Bridgestone (previously Titleist) with a nice medium size dot that eclipses a couple letters. That and I just think the B looks goofy. The traditional company name on opposing hemispheres is what I like am used to and prefer.

I wonder if it's just me, I honestly thought it would be a limited run with the large B and they would go back to the traditional logo.

I hate the large B too. I think it is ugly.

...if you hate it, you can place it at that position, where you hit the ball with your driver...

...and hit it hart! :idhitit:

I think it is more useful than the former logo,

but I am not sure if it is more pretty.

After about 27 holes of comparing Tour B XS, B330S, '15 Pro V1, '17 Pro V1, and Snell MTB here is my summary.

First, I varied between playing a ball through the hole and hitting the same shot with multiple balls. It was slow so there were spots I hit all 5 balls and a Pro V1x I found.

I've played the ProV1 for the last several years. This season I found the B logo B330S to be very comparable to the '15 Pro V1. And now I would say the Tour B XS and '17 Pro V1 are again similar.

For the driver, where I was able to compare the new B XS to the B330S and Pro V1 from each year, I found the newer balls a few yards longer. I wouldn't liquidate your old stock, but it did seem the '15 Pro V1 was coming up the shortest with the B XS being the longest by about 5-7 yards. That's on balls that were very well hit with the same shape. On one hole I hit the B XS so pure, it went 275 in wet conditions which is long for me. I'm usually about 265 on a good drive. Surprisingly on the same the Snell was right next to it. And on lower drives, the Snell kept coming out the longest.

For mid and short irons, all balls performed pretty equally. Some stopped on the spot, some backed up 1 to 3 ft. Not anything that will impact my score. Nothing noticeably rolled out or spun back. Again with the softer conditions, it may make this hard to determine. On firm greens you might get different results. I walked off about 10 shots across multiple balls and tracked all of the amounts of roll in ft and added them up at the end. Nothing stood out.

On a 50yd low wedge shot I was able to get both the B XS and Snell to make one hope and stop 7 ft from where it landed. Exactly what I wanted with the pin location.

So if you're playing any of these balls, you're not missing out on much by not playing one of the others. The Tour B XS and Snell seemed longer off the tee. But the '17 Pro V1 was comparable on a few holes so I'm not giving up on it given the wet conditions. I have 11 of each left so I have time to figure it out.

Final note... the only downside of the Snell seemed to be a little firmer feel on the putter. But it really performed well in comparison.

[color=#0000ff]Titleist TSR3 8*[/color]
[color=#0000ff]Callaway Epic SZ 15*[/color]
[color=#0000ff]Taylormade M3 Hybrids 17, 21[/color]
[color=#0000ff]Srixon ZX Utility 23[/color]
[color=#0000FF]Bridgestone 221CB 6-PW[/color]
[color=#0000FF]Miura 50, 54, 58C - KBS Tour[/color]
[color=#0000FF]Byron Morgan DH89[/color]

Played Bridgetone tour XS along side with my current gamer B330s previous year version and Srixon z stars

Driving- XS was longer and both B330s and Z-star

Feel - with irons z star has the best feel, I think its almost perfect in feel off the irons ans wedges, XS and B330s was very similar

Spin- all three balls are grabby, this is the main reason I play z star and B330s- very predictable low traj pitches and high flops. Full shots Z star spins little more ans backs up little more- XS is in between Zstar and B330s

Putter- Love how the Tour XS feels perfect feed back touch softer than B330s- Zstar you will not complain about its feel off the putter.

XS is great ball its a little evolution from B330s bit nothing that is significant that you will wow you or make you want to change.

Bridgestone Tour B330 RX B Mark Golf Balls

Tour Performance Distance For Amateur Swings

Should amatuer golfers play a typical Tour ball? The answer to that question, according to Bridgestone, depends on the type of clubhead speed being generated. If players are swinging their driver at less than 105 MPH, which Bridgestone equates to roughly 75 percent of the golfing public, the answer to the original question should be no. But Bridgestone also believes that those players with more modest swing speeds who want tour-caliber performance in a golf ball should have an option, which is why it created the new Tour B330RX. The driving force behind the RX from a technological standpoint is the new AMATOUR core, which is 28 percent softer than the core of the average Tour ball. The softer core, along a with steeper gradient in softness from the inner part of the core to its outer region, creates faster ball speeds and reduces spin rates with the driver. Another advancement in the B330RX is its new SlipRes cover, which improves spin around the green and from the rough while reducing spin off the tee. Additionally, thanks to a new dual dimple pattern, the RX creates higher launch conditions but also more rollout with the driver because of a more shallow angle of descent. The dimple pattern also improves stability in the wind and helps enhance durability. Bridgestone Tour B330 RX B Mark golf balls also feature the Tour-inspired B Mark stamping used by Tiger Woods, among others.

Speed Is Everything - AmaTOUR

Speed is everything with the Bridgestone Tour B330-RX golf balls.

Ideal For:

Golfers with more modest swing speeds who still want the performance benefits that come with a Tour ball. The Tour B330RX’s core will allow it to react like a typical Tour ball for players with swing speeds of less than 105 MPH, and its core and cover combine to provide exceptional spin and feel on shorter full shots and shots played from on or around the green. That combination will make it a popular choice for a wide variety of players.

AMATOUR Core

The core being 28 percent softer than the average Tour ball creates faster ball speeds and more distance off the tee for players with more modest swing speeds.

SlipRes Cover

Bridgestone calls this new cover its highest performing ever, as it generates maximum spin around the green and from the rough while still reducing spin on shots struck with the driver.

Dual Dimple Technology

Smaller inner dimples create higher launch conditions and larger outer dimples create a shallow angle of descent that improves rollout, while the dimples work in unison to improve stability in the wind.

What They're Saying...

“One of the new innovations that I’m excited about is the new AMATOUR core. It’s a core especially designed for swing speeds under 105 MPH.”

ADAM REHBERG, BRIDGESTONE GOLF BALL MARKETING COORDINATOR

“Most amateurs really need to bury their pride and go out there and find a ball that’s perfect for their swing speed. If you have swing speed under 105 MPH, the new AMATOUR core ball is really going to help you.”

>Mavrik Max 12.5* 

>Mavrik 16.5* 4w

>Mavrik Max 4, 5, 6, 7 hybrids

>7--SW Dynacraft Prophet Muscle Blade Irons

>MD5 Jaws 58* W grind LW

>Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Putter

I used to really like the old bridgestone balls and want to try these new ones but I have no idea which is the higher spinning tour ball! Terrible info on these !

Mizuno ST190G atmos 6s
Mizuno MP18 2fh / PX 6.0
Mizuno MP18 3-Pw/ PX 6.0
Mizuno S18 5310+5812/PX 6.0
Ping TR Anser 1966/ 34”

Ball - pro v1x
Grips - Crossline cord

Lofts 18 , 21.5, 25, 29, 33, 37, 41, 45, 49, 53, 58

I used to really like the old bridgestone balls and want to try these new ones but I have no idea which is the higher spinning tour ball! Terrible info on these !

According to this source:

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/bridgestone-tour-b-line-of-balls-retooled-renamed-reenergizedbut-keeps-four-options-available

The short game spin is:

XS > X = RXS > RX

Is the Optic Yellow no longer an option for the RX?

No. The yellow option is available on the Tour B RX. It's the only ball in the line that has the yellow option.

Titleist TSi3 10*
Titleist TSi3 16.5*

Titleist 818H1 21*

Titleist T150/100 (5-PW)
Vokey SM9 54*, 60*
Piretti Cottonwood II

No. The yellow option is available on the Tour B RX. It's the only ball in the line that has the yellow option.

Ok thanks. I looked on the website and didn't see it listed as an option. I played Friday and the course had all the new Bridgestone balls but no yellow.

Ping G400 10.5* driver
Ping G400 3 wood
Ping G400 3 & 4 hybrids
Ping i25 5-PW AW SW LW irons
Ping Sydney 34" putter
Ping Pioneer 2017 bag
Bridgestone Tour B330-RX ball

Ok thanks. I looked on the website and didn't see it listed as an option. I played Friday and the course had all the new Bridgestone balls but no yellow.

Putting the yellow into a ball requires another(s) step, surprised they don't charge more. I do like playing yellow occasionally for the visibility reasons.

>Mavrik Max 12.5* 

>Mavrik 16.5* 4w

>Mavrik Max 4, 5, 6, 7 hybrids

>7--SW Dynacraft Prophet Muscle Blade Irons

>MD5 Jaws 58* W grind LW

>Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Putter

Played the Tour B X for the first time yesterday. I’m a pretty high spin player, the X seemed to cut down spin quite a bit where I didn’t want it (driver, 3/5 woods). Ripped back a couple from 110-80 yards. It was a real small sample but it seemed to be a fantastic ball. I’m not gunna jump the gun and say best ball ever made but I was very impressed after one round.

Played the Tour B X for the first time yesterday. I'm a pretty high spin player, the X seemed to cut down spin quite a bit where I didn't want it (driver, 3/5 woods). Ripped back a couple from 110-80 yards. It was a real small sample but it seemed to be a fantastic ball. I'm not gunna jump the gun and say best ball ever made but I was very impressed after one round.

Curious, did you have the same result with the old B330 and your wedges? Or was this more or less spin than the prior model?

which one of these confusingly labled new balls is new B330s version? and how does it compare..... sounding like i need to stock up?!

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

which one of these confusingly labled new balls is new B330s version? and how does it compare..... sounding like i need to stock up?!

The new XS. I could tell minor differences. Without looking at some numbers, I couldn't tell you what's different. It seemed to go a little longer off the tee and felt firmer. My pro shop has the B330 range at $30 a dozen right now. I don't think it's worth the $15 for the new one right now. Same price, XS all day.

Played the Tour B X for the first time yesterday. I'm a pretty high spin player, the X seemed to cut down spin quite a bit where I didn't want it (driver, 3/5 woods). Ripped back a couple from 110-80 yards. It was a real small sample but it seemed to be a fantastic ball. I'm not gunna jump the gun and say best ball ever made but I was very impressed after one round.

Curious, did you have the same result with the old B330 and your wedges? Or was this more or less spin than the prior model?

It seems to get a little more bite with the wedges. I haven't played the b330 since probably late 2015 so I can't say for certain. I've been playing the pro v1x for a while. I'm def going to make the switch to the tour B

Many here like the new XV based on wind performance. Thought the CSX was as good as any I tried this year. XV was a tad clicky unless you got a bunch of the trial packs...then it is worth it for me. I am currently experimenting with KSig and have tp5 yet to try.

"We have learned that we must
live as men, not as ostriches, nor
as dogs in the manger." FDR