Paige Spiranac - thoughts?

cnnmaverick

I don't have first hand knowledge of the contract between Paige and PXG, but my guess is that it's not as high as most would think. When you look at the cost for a single page ad in a national magazine or :30 ad on national TV, to get something in or below that ballpark for a year's worth of coverage from a sexy golf girl on social media is not a bad marketing investment. +95% of her followers may not have the means to buy PXG, but don't be naive and say rich dudes also aren't into watching her swing a golf club in a spaghetti strap.

The only thing that bothered me about Paige was the attention she got as a "professional golfer" related to her actual place in the pro golf world. It was a joke and really out of place. I mean she was struggling to break 75 yet getting endorsement deals with Callaway and covers of Golf Digest? Give me a break, show me the equivalent mens player on the gateway tour or lower, no one cares and he is not getting special treatment or social media posts of congratulations from big time golf brands and media over winning a 24 man field and beating an AM in a playoff that may not have even happened.

On the flip side now that she has pretty much given up on professional golf and is going to enjoy her 2-3 years of instafame before someone younger hotter and more talented comes along more power to her. I dont have a negative opinion about that nor will I criticize her for it. Beyond narcissistic absolutely, Don't follow her, dont really care anymore, if you think she is a special case look around tons of hot chicks all over the gram most posting sponsored content or are featured in ads for nothing other than their follower count and they are hot.

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

The only thing that bothered me about Paige was the attention she got as a "professional golfer" related to her actual place in the pro golf world. It was a joke and really out of place. I mean she was struggling to break 75 yet getting endorsement deals with Callaway and covers of Golf Digest? Give me a break, show me the equivalent mens player on the gateway tour or lower, no one cares and he is not getting special treatment or social media posts of congratulations from big time golf brands and media over winning a 24 man field and beating an AM in a playoff that may not have even happened.

On the flip side now that she has pretty much given up on professional golf and is going to enjoy her 2-3 years of instafame before someone younger hotter and more talented comes along more power to her. I dont have a negative opinion about that nor will I criticize her for it. Beyond narcissistic absolutely, Don't follow her, dont really care anymore, if you think she is a special case look around tons of hot chicks all over the gram most posting sponsored content or are featured in ads for nothing other than their follower count and they are hot.

Justin Timberlake by comparison is a worse golfer, and i believe at one point was a brand ambassador for Callaway and i am sure has been in Golf Digest multiple times

I think people put too much thought into who deserves what. In theory no one is getting money for free, they all provide something of value.

Why is Paige getting money from a sponsor different than Jordan Spieth. Only reason either of them get money is because the OEM expects a return on investment, not a belief that being good at golf is some higher calling than being hot.

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Justin Timberlake by comparison is a worse golfer, and i believe at one point was a brand ambassador for Callaway and i am sure has been in Golf Digest multiple times

I think people put too much thought into who deserves what. In theory no one is getting money for free, they all provide something of value.

Why is Paige getting money from a sponsor different than Jordan Spieth. Only reason either of them get money is because the OEM expects a return on investment, not a belief that being good at golf is some higher calling than being hot.

Justin Timberlake by comparison is a world famous mega star, not a struggling mini tour player with higher than normal social media following.

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

Justin Timberlake by comparison is a world famous mega star, not a struggling mini tour player with higher than normal social media following.

The point is just that neither was getting the endorsement for their actual golf ability. Paige's value I'm sure was less than Timberlake, but she has a good social media following, thats something I guess

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I love the Justin Timberlake analogy. I makes me LOL every time.

I don't remember Justin Timberlake professing to be a Pro Golfer. How many records has Paige sold worldwide and how many stadiums does she fill up singing her songs?

Justin Timberlake is an international superstar. How many people DON'T know who he is? He's also a fixture at the Pebble Beach Pro-Am and is a known Golf nut amongst Golfers world wide. He has done incredible work with the St. Jude Foundation as well if memory serves and attends that Tournament as well.

"Brand Ambassadors" are all about exposure. Anyone trying to argue that Paige has more Global exposure than Justin Timberlake is both delusional and completely ignorant about just how famous Justin Timberlake really is. There is no comparison whatsoever. Long after Paige will be a memory for PXG, Justin Timberlake will continue to electrify his fans at concerts, and give people a chuckle doing "The Carlton" with Alfonso Ribeiro at Pebble Beach.

I love the Justin Timberlake analogy. I makes me LOL every time.

I don't remember Justin Timberlake professing to be a Pro Golfer. How many records has Paige sold worldwide and how many stadiums does she fill up singing her songs?

Justin Timberlake is an international superstar. How many people DON'T know who he is? He's also a fixture at the Pebble Beach Pro-Am and is a known Golf nut amongst Golfers world wide. He has done incredible work with the St. Jude Foundation as well if memory serves and attends that Tournament as well.

"Brand Ambassadors" are all about exposure. Anyone trying to argue that Paige has more Global exposure than Justin Timberlake is both delusional and completely ignorant about just how famous Justin Timberlake really is. There is no comparison whatsoever. Long after Paige will be a memory for PXG, Justin Timberlake will continue to electrify his fans at concerts, and give people a chuckle doing "The Carlton" with Alfonso Ribeiro at Pebble Beach.

You misunderstand my point, it's not that the return they provide is comparable. Obviously Timberlake is exponentially more marketable than Paige Spiranac.

My point was that one poster said they did not like that Paige was signed as an ambassador and was not a great pro golfer, or even a good pro golfer. My comment was that her being signed had only a tenuous connection to her actual golf skill. In that respect it was similar to Timberlake, who was signed for reasons other than golf skill

I thought i had made that fairly clear in my posts (it's literally written in the post directly above yours) but apparently not. Though i am happy i made you LOL

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

My point was that one poster said they did not like that Paige was signed as an ambassador and was not a great pro golfer, or even a good pro golfer. My comment was that her being signed had only a tenuous connection to her actual golf skill. In that respect it was similar to Timberlake, who was signed for reasons other than golf skill

Paige Spiranac claims to be a Pro Golfer on her website. Literally. Don't you think that implies some Golf skill over and above beauty?

There are plenty of beautiful young ladies out there who know how to market themselves. I *think* the fact that she can swing a club had *something* to do with PXG's decision.

Isn't a professional golfer defined as is a person who has competed for money in tournaments, accepted financial compensation for their placement (which Paige has) and therefore can no longer compete in amateur events? If you agree that is the definition then what is the issue?

As for covers, did you forget that Paulina Gretzky, Colin Jost, Johnny Manziel, Jimmy Fallon, Kate Upton, Holly Sonders, Michael Phelps, Morgan Freeman and Michael J. Fox along with many other non professional golfers have been featured on the covers of Golf Digest?

Here is an article about brand ambassadors maybe it will help some of you understand why someone like Paige gets a deal with PXG

https://digiday.com/marketing/bieber-kardashian-brands-choose-celebrity-ambassadors/

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Yes i don't really get the problems people have with her calling herself a pro golfer. She is a pro golfer. Is she supposed to define herself as an "unsuccessful pro golfer" on her website?

There have been studies done on the advantage of good looks in various professions, most notably politics. If Paige is using hers to her advantage she is not the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 1 millionth person to do it.

It is what it is....good for her. There's a lot of attractive people out there who don't have PXG sponsorships, so good on her for getting one

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Man reading comprehension sucks on this website

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

Instead of making passive aggressive remarks why don't you explain what it is we're missing? You're comment was that it was a joke because there were no male players with her skill level getting that kind of attention.

I don't disagree. But sex appeal for men's golfers is less important in a sport that is primarily a male audience, right?

What about a profession like acting? In that field i am sure someone more knowledgeable in the thespian arts (using the word thespian to try and sound smarter, since my comprehension skills are in question) could provide several examples of handsome terrible actors that do better financially than their more talented, albeit uglier, peers

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Man reading comprehension sucks on this website

To my knowledge, no male player on the lesser tours has the social media following that Paige has, so what's your point? She's marketed herself using golf, her appearance and message to gain followers which makes her valuable to businesses that want to use her for marketing.

As I pointed out, the LPGA, KLPGA Fashion thread has over 100 times more views than any other thread in the LPGA Tour section so obviously the members of this forum enjoy looking at attractive women in golf attire but some are now upset that Paige used her looks to make money in advertising.

Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

I guess if your definition of "Pro Golfer" revolves around winning one event in a local "Pro" Tour and never even attempting to get your LPGA Tour card after one failure through Q-School, then we have a difference of opinion. She does not make a living playing Golf. Does she?

Her fiance quite playing AAA Baseball because he could never make the Major Leagues. Does that make him a Professional Baseball player?

Somewhere else, the discussion revolved around not being an Amateur anymore by USGA standards. So basically if you won more than $75 in an event at your local club, you are a Professional Golfer, too!!

I played minor league pro football, we got paid like crap. Couldn't live off it, couldn't eat off it LOL.

But was i a pro.... Yeah.

Same way someone who works at dairy queen has a job. And someone who is the CEO of GE has a job. The scale is obviously very different

That's just my opinion, that I am basing largely on the definition of what pro and job mean

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Isn't a professional golfer defined as is a person who has competed for money in tournaments, accepted financial compensation for their placement (which Paige has) and therefore can no longer compete in amateur events? If you agree that is the definition then what is the issue?

As for covers, did you forget that Paulina Gretzky, Colin Jost, Johnny Manziel, Jimmy Fallon, Kate Upton, Holly Sonders, Michael Phelps, Morgan Freeman and Michael J. Fox along with many other non professional golfers have been featured on the covers of Golf Digest?

Here is an article about brand ambassadors maybe it will help some of you understand why someone like Paige gets a deal with PXG

https://digiday.com/marketing/bieber-kardashian-brands-choose-celebrity-ambassadors/

r

lol I really think it is funny that people legitimately have a problem with Paige getting attention or endorsements or whatever. People who do really must just feel miserable about their own lives, and it makes them feel better to bring others down. Also I imagine she'd fleece 99% of the haters in a match.

The argument that it's out of place bc she's a female getting attention and an equivalent good looking male wouldn't get that attention....? Do you have the same complaint that the top 10 male players in the world probably make 5x more than the top 10 female players? Good looking females get more attention than good looking males in any sport or other setting, it might literally be the only advantage women have over men in "fairness" comparisons.

lol I really think it is funny that people legitimately have a problem with Paige getting attention or endorsements or whatever.

I think it's even funnier how on the internet, if you have an opinion that someone disagrees with, they are automatically labeled a "hater" by that person.

I don't think anyone here has a problem with Paige getting attention or endorsements at all. We are having a discussion based on a question asked.

Should we all just jump for joy, and not have anything to say? That would be colossally boring...

I don't really have an issue with her making some money out of her looks. Ladies pro golf is on a slippery slope when it grants exemptions to 'hot' women. I don't see the PGA passing out exemptions to buff guys, and I think professional sports should transcend physical appearance, but then I know I live in somewhat of an egalitarian ideal bubble far removed from the real world of Instatwitting people in short skirts...

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z565 Speeder 569 Evo IV SR[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood, [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Matrix Ozik R[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Srixon U65 2 iron, Miyazaki S[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F6 Hybrid 22 degrees RedTie S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z945 5-pw w/ DG s200[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Miura Y 51 and K 56 DG Spinner, Yururi Raw 61 KBS [/size][/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]HiRev[/size][/color][/font]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Odyssey O-Works Black 34"[/size][/color][/font]

lol I really think it is funny that people legitimately have a problem with Paige getting attention or endorsements or whatever.

I think it's even funnier how on the internet, if you have an opinion that someone disagrees with, they are automatically labeled a "hater" by that person.

I don't think anyone here has a problem with Paige getting attention or endorsements at all. We are having a discussion based on a question asked.

Should we all just jump for joy, and not have anything to say? That would be colossally boring...

I didn't mind your first few posts, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. The argument came when you said her PXG contract is basically pointless for PXG and none of her followers could even afford PXG, which I am sure the cost analysis was done by the team at PXG and swings highly in the favour of PXG. Bob Parsons might be brash and different but he's not stupid. I doubt she is making a mint either. Having a pretty face, especially a pretty face thats well known in golf with over a million direct follows on one platform is a great marketing move as long as the contract within reason.

As for your pro argument... I get what you are saying. By definition she is a pro especially with the equipment contracts but in no way is she a pro in comparison to even the worst LPGA card holder.

The argument came when you said her PXG contract is basically pointless for PXG and none of her followers could even afford PXG, which I am sure the cost analysis was done by the team at PXG and swings highly in the favour of PXG.

I actually did the research and if you happen to look at the demographics of who uses Instagram it is NOT the target audience of PXG. Look it up for yourself. There is too much to link and a lot to read on the topic.

So no. The over middle aged Rich Guy that won't ask about the cost of anything like Golf Clubs is not the demographics that Paige is targeting on her Social Media accounts.

The argument came when you said her PXG contract is basically pointless for PXG and none of her followers could even afford PXG, which I am sure the cost analysis was done by the team at PXG and swings highly in the favour of PXG.

I actually did the research and if you happen to look at the demographics of who uses Instagram it is NOT the target audience of PXG. Look it up for yourself. There is too much to link and a lot to read on the topic.

So no. The over middle aged Rich Guy that won't ask about the cost of anything like Golf Clubs is not the demographics that Paige is targeting on her Social Media accounts.

see now your the one arguing with others opinions. So please enlighten us how your demographic research is better than what Bob Parsons can do? The founder of Go Daddy who is known for having an extremely successful marketing department.

People on social media follow numerous people. PXG demographics aren't middle aged rich guys they are "major earners" of any age. I see alot of 30 - 49 year olds driving expensive cars and wearing Rolex watches, that's the target market. Here are some Instagram demographics, seems like it's a good fit for PXG.

Not surprisingly,55 percent of all online 18- to 29-year olds in the U.S. are using Instagram, according to the Pew Research study. The next largest Instagram age demographic is 30 to 49 years-old at 28 percent usage followed by 50 to 64 year-olds at 11 percent.

Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

The most common demographic of Instagram users are females between 25-35. Look it up.

If Parsons is as good at crunching numbers as he is at creating commercials and doing the voice overs for them, I'll wait for all of Paige's Instagram users to start buying up his Golf Clubs.

Just because he knows websites and how to market them , doesn't mean s*** with selling Golf Clubs. Especially his self proclaimed "Lifestyle Brand".

"Extremely good marketing"? Yeah, find the flavor of the month Female Athlete and make a commercial with her that has no impact on the bottom line. Remember Danica Patrick?

I see alot of 30 - 49 year olds driving expensive cars and wearing Rolex watches, that's the target market. Here are some Instagram demographics, seems like it's a good fit for PXG.

I'm in that demographic and I know far many more who are more concerned with feeding their families and making ends meet. To be perfectly honest, I don't know anyone in that age bracket that drives an expensive car and wears Rolex watches. They are all 10-20 years older than that.

I doubt the sponsorship costs PXG that much. Generally club contracts are a bit less than we think.

I see more and more pros using PXG, so he is investing in that. Going after some celebs and instagram hotties is a good way to try and connect with wealthier younger folk.

While there may be less wealth in the 30-49 demographic that the older group, what you tend to get in that group are people who don't have kids and need ways to spend money.You don't have to be super wealthy even. A single 32yr old junior exec or something making 150k a year is probably richer than a married dude with 2 kids making 750k LOL....to be honest....school bills, a big house, the kitchen your wife wants, that stuff adds up FAST

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I see alot of 30 - 49 year olds driving expensive cars and wearing Rolex watches, that's the target market. Here are some Instagram demographics, seems like it's a good fit for PXG.

I'm in that demographic and I know far many more who are more concerned with feeding their families and making ends meet. To be perfectly honest, I don't know anyone in that age bracket that drives an expensive car and wears Rolex watches. They are all 10-20 years older than that.

I guess we know different people, that might explain your views on PXG.

Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

I guess we know different people, that might explain your views on PXG.

I hate to break it to ya, but there are far more like the ones I know, than there are like the ones you do. So what's the goal? Sell some or sell A LOT?

Anyway, I wish her the best of luck, but I also have to say, the Ad on TV is terribad. It does not show her or the product in the best light. Ultra cheesy and flirts on the Golfer who is also a model vs a Model who also Golfs. Anyone who looks her up after that commercial will be disappointed at her Golf achievements which will cheapen the product. I know, I know, opinions are like a*******...

These days you can identify as anything you want, she identifies herself as a pro golfer. I don't give a krap how well she hits the ball, I only care that she is hot and I'd watch her shoot a 100 and love it! :superman:

Titleist TSR 3 9.0 Ventus TR Black 6S
Titleist TSI 3 15 Ventus Velocore black 7S
Titleist TSI 19 Ventus Velocore 85X
Titleist T100s 5-P Modus 105
Tileist T100s 49 SM8 5812
2020 Scotty Cameron NP2 LaGolf

2022 Scotty Cameron X 7.5 Stability Tour
Titleist Pro V1X
Dos Equis Lager
Balls deep, Boom