Directed Force...who still likes it?

ferrispgm

The 1.0 had a lead rod in the tip and that prevented the shaft tip from flexing optimally and it was a substantially stiffer shaft to start with. Also the 1.0 has a ball scoop that was narrower making it harder to scoop up the ball. The 2.0 and 2.1 have a bigger ball scoop making it super easy to scoop the ball when your given the putt ;-) The 2.0 and the 2.1 have 'tiny lead bb's' mixes with super fine silica which fills in all the spaces between the bb's (granular convection) and then ram rodded to compact. This process allows the shaft tip to recoil right and provides more 'pop' without being so heavy. The result is dramatically improved distance control and better feel all around. Some of the early models had a black painted shaft that would chip like all other black painted shafts and the 2.0 and 2.1 have a specially design led E.I. Curve profile specially design for DFP and a black matte PVD coating that doesn't chip. The 1.0 has 1.5* loft and the 2.0 and 2.1 have 2* loft (face to sole plate) this allows for a little more margin of forgivingness especially on fuzzy green but yet still superb on tour speed greens. We also found a German made material for Press Grips that holds up better and gets 'better with age).

Hello everyone, Bill Presse IV here. The new 2.1 has a lasered T instead of machining it into the top line which completely eliminates glare. It also has a slightly softer tip which is providing more pop off the face to dramatically improve distance control. If you do own a 1.0 you can send it in and we will reshaft, reweight, regrip and rebalance it for $50. Essentially making it a 2.0 ...I've been watching these threads for the last few years and LISTENING to your feedback and comments. The 2.1 is a culmination of performance improvements based on your feedback and constructive criticism and I just want to personally say thanks to those that have been honest about their experience with DFP. We have chosen to sponsor GolfWRX for a 'trial period' to see how it goes and also allow me to get on here and respond to your questions and comments. Thanks again for the continued support, fire away and I'll do my best to respond in a timely manner. Cheers

I have a first edition DF putter and would agree about the glare.

What are the major differences between the 1.0, 2.0 and 2.1? If I send my 1.0 back, how do I get a 2.1 model?

What's the difference between the 2.0 and 2.1 version?

Thanks.

Are all putters purchased on the website going to be the 2.1 from now on?

Titleist TSR2 - TPT Nitro 16lo
Taylormade SIM Ti 3w - Tensei 1k Black 85tx
Taylormade SIM Ti 5w - Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Cobra Tec Hybrid 2 - Kai'li 90tx

Cobra Tec Hybrid 4 - Aldila Tour Black 105tx
Srixon ZX5/ZX& Mkii 5-PW - Project X 6.5

Callaway Jaws Raw 50s, 54s, 58z - BGT ZNE 130

Putter - LAB something or another

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone, Bill Presse IV here. The new 2.1 has a lasered T instead of machining it into the top line which completely eliminates glare. It also has a slightly softer tip which is providing more pop off the face to dramatically improve distance control. If you do own a 1.0 you can send it in and we will reshaft, reweight, regrip and rebalance it for $50. Essentially making it a 2.0 ...I've been watching these threads for the last few years and LISTENING to your feedback and comments. The 2.1 is a culmination of performance improvements based on your feedback and constructive criticism and I just want to personally say thanks to those that have been honest about their experience with DFP. We have chosen to sponsor GolfWRX for a 'trial period' to see how it goes and also allow me to get on here and respond to your questions and comments. Thanks again for the continued support, fire away and I'll do my best to respond in a timely manner. Cheers

I have a first edition DF putter and would agree about the glare.

What are the major differences between the 1.0, 2.0 and 2.1? If I send my 1.0 back, how do I get a 2.1 model?

Hi guys, apologies but the price for the upgrade from 1.0 to 2.0 was a typo! The correct price for that upgrade is $100 (plus shipping each way of course).

Very much enjoying the new 2.1 - shame the season is getting very short.

hows things going ? What state are you in? We got snow on the mountains in the Reno Tahoe area but it’s 80 this week! I’d you ever get to Reno on vacation be sure to tour the shop, it’s not much but it’s where the magic happens ?

Ok...so after shooting 72 and missing 2 birdies and an eagle inside of 5 ft and three 3 putts.....I'm ready to ditch my putter....been heavily considering the Directed Force as I know it got pretty popular on here a little while ago....My question is who still uses and likes it? My only concern is the initial honeymoon period that seems to happen with most clubs. I posted on the instruction forum since it was talked about quite a bit on here.

Thanks to all!

Hi, just saw this post and want to see if you’ve been fitted or rolled the 2.1? Thanks for the consideration and apologies for not seeing his earlier, still trying to figure out how to ‘surf’ wrx and follow up to posts...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've used my DF 2.0 since late August - distance control is excellent. On long putts, I don't pull the trigger, so that's on me. But today, I made 3 10+ footers, a 23 footer rolled around the hole, then out, and on several others, distance control was excellent, but the line was off an inch or two. It's allowed me to have the confidence to allow a very light grip on the putter grip - very relaxed after a hole or two. Even when nervous, the putter takes over if allowed. Enjoying it.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi Golf Shaft @45 in. (coming soon)
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18/ TPT Golf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Ping i230 5-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 or Ping Glide Forged Pro, Both with Nippon 105 
  • Putter:  LAB DF3 TPT Shaft (waiting)
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

I’ve only been able to putt on the practice green a few times since getting my DF but will finally get a chance to put it to the test during a couple of tournaments over the next few weeks. I’m anxious to see how it performs when it counts caused I’m loving the way it works in practice.

Initially I thought the key was a very light grip pressure but with further practice I’m leaning towards a little firmer grip but with a very relaxed arm/shoulder unit (I felt a little “sloppy” with a real light grip pressure). IMO it’s all about allowing this putter to move the way it wants to......on an arc square to your lie angle. It can be done a variety of ways but you have to NOT interfere with how it wants to move.

Finally had the chance to put the DF to the test during a 2-day event. This was not only my first tournament in over 6 months it was my first 2 rounds of golf in that same amount of time. I’ve practiced a bit over the last week and spent probably an hour on the putting green with the DF.

The greens we played on were very firm and very fast with plenty of subtle breaks. I am VERY impressed with the way this putter performed. Despite a lot of rust on my game (particularly my iron play) I putted better than usual on day 1 and had one of my better putting days in recent and not so recent memory on day 2! As has been mentIoned in some of the DF threads this putter is so money inside 6 feet. The ability to make a stroke and KNOW that the putter is going to swing on the path defined by the lie angle produces such a good roll and in turn breeds confidence. I won’t go thru a bunch of stats but I surprised myself at the number of tricky 3 to 6 footers I made that allowed me to keep my round 2 momentum going.

I liked my initial impressions while practicing with it but after it’s initial test run under tournament conditions I couldn’t be happier with my Directed Force putter. I’m slowly selling off several of my “high tone” putters as I don’t see how the DF comes out of the bag.

Thank you Bill Presse!

• 3 weeks later...

I had mine in the bag since April 2017. I have the 2.0.

It's pure joy to enjoy putting with confidence.

I've had a staff bag full-o-putters, everything from an 8802, Anser, 2 ball fang, 7H, Yar and 3 arm locks but this one is the best thus far. Many of them are gorgeous and there are many in there that I would class as "point and shoot" for me but NONE of them have the "stability" as I experienced with this putter. This to me is super critical on those 4 to 6 footers where I tend to push or pull. The arm lock was the closest to resolving this issue but it was not "perfect" and it has its flaws.

2 weekends ago, I played in a 2 man scramble tournament at Westlake Village GC, CA, lets just say that a 20 ft curving downhill putt in the middle of the hole on the #3 hole ENERGIZED my partner & I to a 3 hole birdie stretched. In the end we came in 2nd place.

The DF putter was on fire, saved more critical pars and gave us more birdies.

It does take a little while to adjust. Also learning to middle the shaft in the stance and allow a "natural" forward press is the trick. Do not add any forward ball position.

Also, I am ordering one for one of my junior girl golfers. She made it to All League finals for her High School, a first for her school as she is the only freshman among the senior girls. Next year, her putting will be much better with her DF 2.1 putter :taunt:

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Cobra Forged Tec X 5 - PW KBS TGI 85 stiff shafts
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48* & Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

In the bag since August and improving distance control with it. Play 2X per week. Put the Edel back in the bag for half a round, and then put the DF back in. My putts are closer to the hole even on long putts, and unfortunately, I've had a couple of 60 foot 2 Putts with it. Unfortunate, because no one wants to be 60 feet away on the green :-)

I do have a GP SNSR Grip -104g - but purchased the 140g Counter SNSR - need to install it.

• Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x

Played 45 holes this weekend - DF did well. Holed some birdies, had a bunch of "almosts". What I like is that the stroke need not be perfect to get a great result.

• Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x

• 3 weeks later...

Buyer beware, i would be very careful purchasing a Directed Force Putter right now. There is an effort going on to oust Bill Presse, the inventor and founder of the Directed Force Putter, from the company, and to discredit his work creating the technology behind these awesome flat sticks.

Don’t purchase a DF until Billy is brought back and rightfully recognized for his creation of Directed Force

In the mean time, you can contact Bill these ways:

Twitter: DFPutters

facebook : Directed Force Putters

Billy’s personal facebook : Bill Presse IV

Bill was fantastic to work with when I bought my DF. Let’s get the man the recognition he deserves and avoid the theft of his intellectual property! Boycott Directed Force!

Buyer beware, i would be very careful purchasing a Directed Force Putter right now. There is an effort going on to oust Bill Presse, the inventor and founder of the Directed Force Putter, from the company, and to discredit his work creating the technology behind these awesome flat sticks.

Don’t purchase a DF until Billy is brought back and rightfully recognized for his creation of Directed Force

In the mean time, you can contact Bill these ways:

Twitter: DFPutters

facebook : Directed Force Putters

Billy’s personal facebook : Bill Presse IV

Bill was fantastic to work with when I bought my DF. Let’s get the man the recognition he deserves and avoid the theft of his intellectual property! Boycott Directed Force!

Whoa! I thought something was fishy with their New Year giveaway.

Definitely whoa there, i didn't get the sense of that & texted billP. i'll wait & see dut definitely concerned 4 sure since i need to order for my junior :(

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft

I’ll 2nd the “whoa”!

Disappointing to hear. Any more details Schnee? I hate to hear someone’s trying to squeeze Bill out. Hoping he was savvy enough to put together an air-tight patent that he can take with him as needed. I can see how some putter manufacturers would love to get there hands on this technology.

I texted billV so he knows about this thread :)

I’ll 2nd the “whoa”!

Disappointing to hear. Any more details Schnee? I hate to hear someone’s trying to squeeze Bill out. Hoping he was savvy enough to put together an air-tight patent that he can take with him as needed. I can see how some putter manufacturers would love to get there hands on this technology.

It appears as though Bill, his father and another investor, have equal equity in Directed Force. Bill has been outvoted on a number of items including introducing new putter models, new Presse Grip models, etc. Most recently, his two partners (including his father) have forced him out of daily operations by limiting his compensation to 30 hours per month at a ridiculously low rate (i believe It was around $10-15 per hour.)

They’ve taken to a few social media outlets, leaving Bill out as founder and inventor, and insinuating that he quit of his own choosing.

Thanks Schnee, I'll hold off till Bill is back in the saddle. I think most WRXers are die hard supporters who will do whats right & not put up with horsesh*t.

I really feel for Bill, to be put into this position by his father and hope & pray for a good outcome and for whats right. Bill is a great person to deal with, talked to him and texted him and he was supportive when we had the Creekside Fires here that nearly burnt my house.

I wish him the best and pray for a positive and amiable out come for him & his family.

You would just think that they would keep private family business private. Gets a bit messy putting it all over the internet and not great for sales

Whats the point of "a sale" if the guy who knows the secret sauce & his builder is no longer there? Be like buying a Scotty without Scotty & playing top notch $ for "Scotty". I appreciate the news & update as I was going to buy another DF for my junior but now, I'll wait & see. I trust Bill to do the fitting and work but he's no longer there. Jus sayin'