Paige Spiranac - thoughts?

cnnmaverick

I think like any sponsors invite, there has to be something in it for the sponsors and that is coverage. Same thing happens in the men's game. Look at the youtube golfers who have sponsorship, their level is not as high as the tour, but still, have some cracking freebies. Either way, they have all worked hard to increase their "brand"

I guess we know different people, that might explain your views on PXG.

I hate to break it to ya, but there are far more like the ones I know, than there are like the ones you do. So what's the goal? Sell some or sell A LOT?

Anyway, I wish her the best of luck, but I also have to say, the Ad on TV is terribad. It does not show her or the product in the best light. Ultra cheesy and flirts on the Golfer who is also a model vs a Model who also Golfs. Anyone who looks her up after that commercial will be disappointed at her Golf achievements which will cheapen the product. I know, I know, opinions are like a*******...

I don't disagree but there are plenty of doctors, lawyers, stock brokers, software developers making a lot of money out there, especially in the tri-state area who drive expensive European cars and play golf.

The goal with an exclusive product is to sell enough to get eyes on it but not too many, otherwise it isn't exclusive. I've read Parsons intends to raise the prices of future products so he must be doing okay at the current price and wants to maintain the exclusivity which I'm sure will go over well here.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

These days you can identify as anything you want, she identifies herself as a pro golfer. I don't give a krap how well she hits the ball, I only care that she is hot and I'd watch her shoot a 100 and love it! :superman:

I have to ask - why? I mean there are countless websites where you can watch hotter girls do things with equally hotter girls with no clothes on. I don’t understand why anyone follows a stranger on Instagram for the purpose of viewing pics of hot girls. They wear clothes, nudity is not allowed. What exactly are you hoping for on instagram?

I hate to break it to ya, but there are far more like the ones I know, than there are like the ones you do. So what's the goal? Sell some or sell A LOT?

Anyway, I wish her the best of luck, but I also have to say, the Ad on TV is terribad. It does not show her or the product in the best light. Ultra cheesy and flirts on the Golfer who is also a model vs a Model who also Golfs. Anyone who looks her up after that commercial will be disappointed at her Golf achievements which will cheapen the product. I know, I know, opinions are like a*******...

I don't disagree but there are plenty of doctors, lawyers, stock brokers, software developers making a lot of money out there, especially in the tri-state area who drive expensive European cars and play golf.

The goal with an exclusive product is to sell enough to get eyes on it but not too many, otherwise it isn't exclusive. I've read Parsons intends to raise the prices of future products so he must be doing okay at the current price and wants to maintain the exclusivity which I'm sure will go over well here.

It seems that Mr. Parson is playing to the egos of a certain golf constituency. Not necessarily the truly wealthy, but those that wish to appear wealthy by the consumer goods and toys they display. While I am not fiscally wealthy by any definition, over my professional life I have met many that are genuine wealthy individuals. I don't suspect that they are his target market, because they find no need to make such displays. First they do not overtly display their wealth, because they know some may want some of it and they are more rational with regard to their purchases.

It seems that Mr. Parson is playing to the egos of a certain golf constituency. Not necessarily the truly wealthy, but those that wish to appear wealthy by the consumer goods and toys they display. While I am not fiscally wealthy by any definition, over my professional life I have met many that are genuine wealthy individuals. I don't suspect that they are his target market, because they find no need to make such displays. First they do not overtly display their wealth, because they know some may want some of it and they are more rational with regard to their purchases.

Well said, the target market is the same market that buys gaudy Rolex watches, drive expensive German and Italian sports cars and somehow manage to slip in the price tag on anything they own to impress you. Sadly it's a pretty big target market, even more so for women just take a look at their shoes and handbags.

Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

These days you can identify as anything you want, she identifies herself as a pro golfer. I don't give a krap how well she hits the ball, I only care that she is hot and I'd watch her shoot a 100 and love it! :superman:

I have to ask - why? I mean there are countless websites where you can watch hotter girls do things with equally hotter girls with no clothes on. I don't understand why anyone follows a stranger on Instagram for the purpose of viewing pics of hot girls. They wear clothes, nudity is not allowed. What exactly are you hoping for on instagram?

Because there is a stigma with watching that kind of content in a public setting. However, if caught watching a hot girl play golf, one can always pretend you care about her downswing instead of her looks alone.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1580770-recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3m4-driver-fitting/"][size=2]M3 Taylormade Experience[/size][/url]

Why do people who open toys on YouTube get paid to make such videos? No idea. Same concept here, but obviously there's a market, and where's there's a market there's money to be made.

the opening toy analogy on youtube had me dying. my daughter is obsessed with those videos. who knew kids would rather watch other kids play with toys than playing themselves. it's extremely comical

I think their ads are cheesy...with the guy who sounds like a drunk bowler barking out how they make clubs blah, blah, blah. That said, I just can't hate on Paige. She's easy on the eyes. Period. No need to complicated it with "so, do you buy their clubs", or "there are hotter chicks". Whatever. I watch golf. If she shows up on the tv during commercial breaks I'm glad. Pretty ladies make life more enjoyable.

Consumers equate being good-looking with knowing things. No surprise there. It's why Nespresso hires George Clooney and not Dennis Rodman.

I don't know a thing about Paige Spiranac, really, I don't. She may be a golf equipment genius. But until I know that for sure I don't know why I'd buy anything she endorses.

No need to complicated it with "so, do you buy their clubs"...

Except she is their brand ambassador and the goal of any business is to make money, isn't it?

The point is that there could have been better choices. Just like in the GoDaddy ads with Danica Patrick. The only reason she was chosen was because of her looks and the idea that people who watch F1 (she had not gone to NASCAR yet) would be more considerate of using GoDaddy. Isn't that the goal of advertising? To get people to buy more of your product? Talking about it online is fruitless if it doesn't add up to more sales.

If anything, those horrible TV ads turn me off completely.

Consumers equate being good-looking with knowing things. No surprise there. It's why Nespresso hires George Clooney and not Dennis Rodman.

I don't know a thing about Paige Spiranac, really, I don't. She may be a golf equipment genius. But until I know that for sure I don't know why I'd buy anything she endorses.

George Clooney couldn't spell Nespresso is you spotted him the first 8 letters. I don't equate looks with intelligence and I certainly don't equate celebrities with intelligence. Good looks are used to create a pleasant visual for consumers and in the case of celebrities to associate them with their products.

I'm pretty confident that Paige knows more about golf than Clooney knows about Nespresso.

Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

George Clooney couldn't spell Nespresso is you spotted him the first 8 letters. I don't equate looks with intelligence and I certainly don't equate celebrities with intelligence. Good looks are used to create a pleasant visual for consumers and in the case of celebrities to associate them with their products.

I'm pretty confident that Paige knows more about golf than Clooney knows about Nespresso.

Sorry but you can't equate buying a $150 Espresso Machine with one of the most expensive Golf Clubs on the market today.

You don't need to know anything to enjoy a cup of coffee. Getting the most out of those Clubs requires at least a fundamental knowledge of playing Golf wouldn't you say?

Why do people who open toys on YouTube get paid to make such videos? No idea. Same concept here, but obviously there's a market, and where's there's a market there's money to be made.

the opening toy analogy on youtube had me dying. my daughter is obsessed with those videos. who knew kids would rather watch other kids play with toys than playing themselves. it's extremely comical

off topic but we try to limit iPad/You Tube time with my daughter but she LOVES those videos. she can watch it for hours - seriously. it's amazing. my niece is also the same with those videos.

915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
712u 4i Recoil F4 110
714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
SM6 51.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

Sorry but you can't equate buying a $150 Espresso Machine with one of the most expensive Golf Clubs on the market today.

You don't need to know anything to enjoy a cup of coffee. Getting the most out of those Clubs requires at least a fundamental knowledge of playing Golf wouldn't you say?

I didn't make the initial comparison and given how many bad golfers are out there I'd say most know little to nothing about the golf swing. You keep wanting to disqualify Paige as being a PXG brand ambassador but you don't understand that anyone can be a brand ambassador if the brand deems them acceptable.

I have no problem with you not liking Paige or PXG, everyone has a right to their personal opinion but the arguments you're making are baseless in terms of the role of a brand ambassador and whether Paige is qualified to be one.

Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

I didn't make the initial comparison and given how many bad golfers are out there I'd say most know little to nothing about the golf swing. You keep wanting to disqualify Paige as being a PXG brand ambassador but you don't understand that anyone can be a brand ambassador if the brand deems them acceptable.

I have no problem with you not liking Paige or PXG, everyone has a right to their personal opinion but the arguments you're making are baseless in terms of the role of a brand ambassador and whether Paige is qualified to be one.

Please point to a post where I said I don't like Paige or PXG. Thanks. I don't know her personally, and I don't own PXG clubs. I don't like how PXG does their ads and I think that having her do those ads may backfire on them. Did I allude to anything else?

I love how you say that everyone has a right to their personal opinions but that my argument is baseless. It's my opinion. We can agree to disagree if you like.

I think we have to separate the claim that she is "Brand Ambassador" and what PXG expects by hiring her and putting her in Commercials. Can we agree that the hope is that by getting her to do that ad, they are hoping to sell more Clubs and increase their market share?

Please point to a post where I said I don't like Paige or PXG. Thanks. I don't know her personally, and I don't own PXG clubs. I don't like how PXG does their ads and I think that having her do those ads may backfire on them. Did I allude to anything else?

I love how you say that everyone has a right to their personal opinions but that my argument is baseless. It's my opinion. We can agree to disagree if you like.

I think we have to separate the claim that she is "Brand Ambassador" and what PXG expects by hiring her and putting her in Commercials. Can we agree that the hope is that by getting her to do that ad, they are hoping to sell more Clubs and increase their market share?

Obviously they signed her to represent their product in hopes of selling more clubs, that's the goal of any company that hires a spokesperson or brand ambassador. You have made numerous posts that insinuates that Paige doesn't know anything about golf, that she's not qualified to be a brand ambassador for PXG.

Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

$150 espresso machine. Lol. Like saying a $20k luxury car. Doesn't exist.

buy good analogy for Paige as a model. $150 espresso machine. Lol

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Obviously they signed her to represent their product in hopes of selling more clubs, that's the goal of any company that hires a spokesperson or brand ambassador. You have made numerous posts that insinuates that Paige doesn't know anything about golf, that she's not qualified to be a brand ambassador for PXG.

I have no control over how other people perceive what I wrote. I only know what I wrote and if that is what you insinuated about it, that's on you.

I have no control over how other people perceive what I wrote. I only know what I wrote and if that is what you insinuated about it, that's on you.

So then tell us definitively what your opinion is of Paige as Brand Ambassador for PXG.

Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

I believe that PXG made a decision to get an Ambassador for cheaper than they could have if they had sponsored another Pro.

I think Paige is a beautiful, intelligent young lady, who loves the game of Golf, but realized that she can't make a living doing just that at the LPGA level. Since she is so successful marketing herself, she agreed to be on PXG's roster as she has had success on her own being her own Ambassador.

That all being said, I personally think that the way PXG is going about it, with that awful commercial and the Owner's reputation for objectifying women in his ads will hurt both the Brand and Paige in the long run. She will make money, but ultimately, her success at marketing herself will overshadow her success with marketing for PXG.

I also consider that Paige's target Instagram and YouTube audience will not be the ones who will purchase PXG Clubs. They are mostly not that target demographic.

Ultimately, Paige will be a success mostly because she knows how to market herself, but I ultimately think she will be disappointed with her experience with PXG. I truly believe she is better than that. The ad makes my skin crawl the Owner of the company is not my favorite person. I could tell you what I really think of him, but I would probably get banned. His history of terribly cheesy ads targeting at the testosterone fueled male may work in the Tech Industry, but with the niche market he is looking for with PXG, I believe he is barking up the wrong tree.

Before I get flamed, I am no marketing specialist. I have not done what Paige nor Parsons has done. I am successful at what I do, though and run and helped businesses flourish. These are my views, whether you agree with them or not. If you don't, that's fine, but let's agree to disagree and move on.

I believe that PXG made a decision to get an Ambassador for cheaper than they could have if they had sponsored another Pro.

I think Paige is a beautiful, intelligent young lady, who loves the game of Golf, but realized that she can't make a living doing just that at the LPGA level. Since she is so successful marketing herself, she agreed to be on PXG's roster as she has had success on her own being her own Ambassador.

That all being said, I personally think that the way PXG is going about it, with that awful commercial and the Owner's reputation for objectifying women in his ads will hurt both the Brand and Paige in the long run. She will make money, but ultimately, her success at marketing herself will overshadow her success with marketing for PXG.

I also consider that Paige's target Instagram and YouTube audience will not be the ones who will purchase PXG Clubs. They are mostly not that target demographic.

Ultimately, Paige will be a success mostly because she knows how to market herself, but I ultimately think she will be disappointed with her experience with PXG. I truly believe she is better than that. The ad makes my skin crawl the Owner of the company is not my favorite person. I could tell you what I really think of him, but I would probably get banned. His history of terribly cheesy ads targeting at the testosterone fueled male may work in the Tech Industry, but with the niche market he is looking for with PXG, I believe he is barking up the wrong tree.

Before I get flamed, I am no marketing specialist. I have not done what Paige nor Parsons has done. I am successful at what I do, though and run and helped businesses flourish. These are my views, whether you agree with them or not. If you don't, that's fine, but let's agree to disagree and move on.

I agree with most of your post and we're not too far off in the areas where we disagree. IMO, your distaste for Parsons tainted a lot of your posts and made it difficult for me to understand what you were criticizing, thank you for taking the time to clarify.

You don't have to be a marketing specialist to share your thoughts on a brand or person, we all react differently to different ads which is part of what makes marketing so difficult.

Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

I have to ask - why? I mean there are countless websites where you can watch hotter girls do things with equally hotter girls with no clothes on. I don't understand why anyone follows a stranger on Instagram for the purpose of viewing pics of hot girls. They wear clothes, nudity is not allowed. What exactly are you hoping for on instagram?

Brah, believe me, I know all too well about other websites. I don't Instagram or ever been on it, nor did I know who the F Paige was prior to this thread. If you don't like looking at hot women that golf, that's your problem, I do. Thanks for playin'

Titleist TSR 3 9.0 Ventus TR Black 6S
Titleist TSI 3 15 Ventus Velocore black 7S
Titleist TSI 19 Ventus Velocore 85X
Titleist T100s 5-P Modus 105
Tileist T100s 49 SM8 5812
2020 Scotty Cameron NP2 LaGolf

2022 Scotty Cameron X 7.5 Stability Tour
Titleist Pro V1X
Dos Equis Lager
Balls deep, Boom

Did anyone happen to see the Men's PXG ad?

LOOOOOOOOOOOL. I can't believe it got past the censors.

Male Golfer is about about to hit the ball with his Driver and the shot cuts to the the Barrel end of a Tank Cannon, which goes off. Then you hear Parsons horrible voice in the back ground, "KABOOM BABY!!!"

Good God, how could someone have not told him what a terrible ad that would be????

Brah, believe me, I know all too well about other websites. I don't Instagram or ever been on it, nor did I know who the F Paige was prior to this thread. If you don't like looking at hot women that golf, that's your problem, I do. Thanks for playin'

This is my favorite post on WRX!!

I think his issue isn't hot women playing golf. But the lack of hot women playing golf in this thread. Make more sense now ?

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock