2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Aldila SYNERGY TOUR BLACK.....The Low Spin King. Trackman Data Inside.

TollBros

Ok, here is the finished Tour Proto version of Aldila's new Tour Only SYNERGY shaft. Below you will see Trackman data against the two lowest spin shafts that we have tested, that didn't hit 6 feet off the ground or feel like a telephone pole. As you can see, the Synergy is launching the same or higher, with incredibly low spin. How is it doing this? I don't exactly know, but it has to be the inclusion of graphene in the material construction. As it is a true Tour Proto, I don't have all the finite details on exactly how or where, but I can tell you it's the first graphite shaft using graphene and we have the data to prove the results. Below I have included a couple articles on graphene for the techies out there. Basically it's the strongest fiber ever tested and over 200 times stronger than steel.

Graphene info:

http://www.graphene....an-graphene-do/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphene

Where to purchase:

http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

I will post several more comparison Trackman blocks in the days coming.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was there any shaft that was found to be more accurate out of those four?

of the four - i've hit 3. the synergy, mamba, and KK DC. i'd rank them more accurate to least accurate this way:

1) KK DC

2) Synergy 60/65TX

3) Mamba

with regards to longest distance (i've seen):

1) Synergy 60/65TX

2) KK DC

3) Mamba

PING G430 LST / 9* (dialed to 10.5*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Dark Speed LS / 3w (dialed to 15.5*) / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Did the KK still feel the best? thanks..good stuff!

Overall I would say the DCXT is still probably the smoothest of the three. None are what I would call excessively firm feeling, and all have some life to them, but the DCXT has a pretty unique feel where it's smooth when you swing easy and firmer the harder you swing. The Synergy is a little like that, but nothing quite captures that as well as the DCXT.

Was there any shaft that was found to be more accurate out of those four?

I think that's really more on the shaft you like the feel and balance of best. They are all made to do the same thing, just each with a different feel, and obviously the performance does vary a bit, but not massively. I will say that the SYNERGY, and no I don't know the torque on the PROTO, definitely does not feel like the face deflects open a lot if you hit the ball slightly toe side. Instead of that slingy draw you get on that type of hit, it really likes to hold it's line. I do enjoy that about it. I'm experimenting on the course with a 65 at the moment and really liking the results.

Wow, those numbers don't lie!

I have a couple more blocks to put up. The lower the swing speed, the flatter the launch got. It doesn't react like most shafts when you leave them untipped. Normally there's enough tip action in almost anything untipped to retain some level of launch, but the Synergy is still massively low spin without tipping. It starts really spin cutting at 1/2 inch and at 1 inch I was getting spin numbers under 2000. Make no mistake, this Proto Synergy will not be playable for some players, but for others it's the Holy Grail. I would prefer nobody make the purchase of this shaft without consulting me on tipping info for it. You are really running the risk of getting a shaft that hits a ball you cannot keep in the air if you fly blind on this one. It is absolutely not for everyone.

I have a couple more blocks to put up. The lower the swing speed, the flatter the launch got. It doesn't react like most shafts when you leave them untipped. Normally there's enough tip action in almost anything untipped to retain some level of launch, but the Synergy is still massively low spin without tipping. It starts really spin cutting at 1/2 inch and at 1 inch I was getting spin numbers under 2000. Make no mistake, this Proto Synergy will not be playable for some players, but for others it's the Holy Grail. I would prefer nobody make the purchase of this shaft without consulting me on tipping info for it. You are really running the risk of getting a shaft that hits a ball you cannot keep in the air if you fly blind on this one. It is absolutely not for everyone.

Good to know. Where the other shafts tipped at all? If so, how much?

Good to know. Where the other shafts tipped at all? If so, how much?

We always test untipped, 1/2 inch and 1 inch. Which block depends on the player's speed and load. Tipping has to right on shafts like this or they won't perform as desired.

I completely agree. I've traditionally played low/low shafts and haven't struggled with too much spin with a 915 D3 7.5* head or a M1 9.5* head. I've yet to have this M2 head on Trackman, but I'd be surprised if I ever needed something as low spin as what the Synergy is showing.

Have you noticed a spin RPM range in which testers are most accurate?

I completely agree. I've traditionally played low/low shafts and haven't struggled with too much spin with a 915 D3 7.5* head or a M1 9.5* head. I've yet to have this M2 head on Trackman, but I'd be surprised if I ever needed something as low spin as what the Synergy is showing.

always a tradeoff -- i've found for me spinning just over 2200-2300 is ideal for both distance and control.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Toll, what happened to your website? greengrassevalutaions? It is down?

PING G430 Max 8 degree (digitally lofted) TR Blue 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D4 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

SCOTTY CAMERON T11 BGT POLAR SHAFT SAND BLASTED TO MATCH HEAD... FLATSO 1.0

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

And that's why they make great product for all levels of launch and spin. Not everyone needs a shaft like this. Some guys hit a Tensei Pro Blue or a Rogue 125 much better. It's all about getting what's best for you. I however, need the massive spin cut because of the speed, so to me, things like new tech and material construction that really drops the spin rates while retaining feel is very exciting. For guys who don't spin it a lot, they couldn't care less. Haha

As for accuracy, that's really more the dynamic of what you feel most comfortable with and how consistently you make contact. I personally have found Synergy to be very consistent just like Kuro Kàge Dual Core XT for me. I wouldn't say one is massively more consistent than the other, and I'm comfortable with both. If you are just asking about a consistentcy level and if it performs as expect each and every swing, to that I can say certainly yes.

I'm super spinny sometimes with my 440 M1 and T1100 , but looking to move to this proto synergy in g400 LST...any idea if it will be too spinny? Currently around 2200 rpm on good strikes but can end up north of 3000 on mishits.

I've had both, the synergy is lower spin than t1100 and more predictable.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

I'm super spinny sometimes with my 440 M1 and T1100 , but looking to move to this proto synergy in g400 LST...any idea if it will be too spinny? Currently around 2200 rpm on good strikes but can end up north of 3000 on mishits.

That's all I needed to hear, my game would be nonexistent without these ultra low spin shafts (contrary to belief on the other forum). Thanks for the insight! Those are some sweet irons btw.

That's all I needed to hear, my game would be nonexistent without these ultra low spin shafts (contrary to belief on the other forum). Thanks for the insight! Those are some sweet irons btw.

Thanks man lol dream sticks. Soapbox threads have their place too, it allows us to know who we can ignore.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Thanks man lol dream sticks. Soapbox threads have their place too, it allows us to know who we can ignore.

True on all accounts.

been using mine for a week or two now. while the aldila green xtorsion is dependable at hitting straight or a cut -- this synergy is easier (to me) to bend both ways but man is it long.

i won a few bucks on friday playing this. i was a few walmarts infront of my playing partners quite a few times.

also, it's very apparent that wind is not an issue with this shaft either. crosswinds, hurting winds -- just don't bother it. down wind drives are ridiculous - especially those that are launched a degree or two higher.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

been using mine for a week or two now. while the aldila green xtorsion is dependable at hitting straight or a cut -- this synergy is easier (to me) to bend both ways but man is it long.

i won a few bucks on friday playing this. i was a few walmarts infront of my playing partners quite a few times.

also, it's very apparent that wind is not an issue with this shaft either. crosswinds, hurting winds -- just don't bother it. down wind drives are ridiculous - especially those that are launched a degree or two higher.

Good to hear - I have one on the way!

if you like the feel of your oban devotion you're really going to like this.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Awesome - desperately need some launch angle and spin reduction so can't wait to see the numbers. A shame it is starting to get cold here in the Northeast!

Awesome - desperately need some launch angle and spin reduction so can't wait to see the numbers. A shame it is starting to get cold here in the Northeast!

You need launch AND spin reduction? i haven't hit the devo side by side with the synergy - but the synergy doesn't get anything more than a mid launch at best from me. one things for sure, it does not spin.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Toll, has the Synergy taken the place of the KK DC XT in your bag?

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

You need launch AND spin reduction? i haven't hit the devo side by side with the synergy - but the synergy doesn't get anything more than a mid launch at best from me. one things for sure, it does not spin.

Yes. And good news - can't wait to try it!

Toll, has the Synergy taken the place of the KK DC XT in your bag?

I've only gotten to play it once on the course and I'm a little slow to change what I trust. It was very long and every bit as good in terms of accuracy, but I'd like to get another round or two in before I fully commit to a change.