Bridgestone J33

Gxgolfer

# 17-4 stainless steel Elastomer compound insert produces higher initial ball velocity

# Tungsten weight optimizes center of gravity

# Aldila NV75 Shaft: R/S/X Flexes

# Golf Pride Tour Velvet Grip

# Available 3 (15°), 5 (18°), 7 (21°)

# Right Hand Only

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got a 15* a couple weeks ago brand new off ebay for $100. can't beat that! it has the nv75 stiff shaft which i was a little weary about since i never liked them in a driver. well, i found this club easier to hit than my old steelhead,wow. it sets up perfect, dead square. the feel is great, you can actually feel ball compression, now a days with these really hot faces alot of that feel is lost. distance is good, i went from a strong3, to a 15* and didn't lose any distance. at the range i was getting a consistant 235/240 off the deck in 45*f temps. i found it easy to work the ball in bothe directions with a nice medium trajectory. the shaft worked well when i didn't go hard at the ball because it would baloon. overall a great stock club, not the holy grail, but at the price, and the stock retail setup its hard to beat.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

J33 FW 18* Fuji Fit On-11 PRO95

Got one at from Ebay at Dallasgolf for $34 dollar with a Fujikura Fit on!-11 PRO95 X shaft which was a steal, only the $50 shipping cost made it a little more expensive for me, but for you boys state side it should be a real bargain!!! club condition was refurbished, but I hardly could tell the difference between mine and a new one.

So it was a great steal for an excelent price, but how was the club performing

I went on my first round of the year on a soaked course first time out after a period of nearly two months without hitting one single ball no : high expectations...

I played quite well and this was mainly due to hitting a lot of fairways with the 18 degree of the tee (220-240) yards and hitting the 5 wood into the greens of the par 5 holes. First shot of the year split the fairway, left me an pitching wedge in, tap-in par to start the season, it also set me up for a tap in birdie and a lot of birdie possiblities.

This club is solid, great ballflight, workable but forgiving, balls pop from an hot face but without you having te feel you loose control. This will have a place in my set up for quite a while.

If you are considering buying these : Do it! for these prices there are near impossible to beat by any FW's.

• 1 month later...

I have this club in 15 degree with a V2 76 shaft in it. I would have to say that it is my favorite club in the bag right now. The size and shape of the head inspire confidence over the ball for me. I find it easy to hit off of the fairway and tee. The ball seems to rocket of the face of this club. It gives a mid trajectory ball flight that has a soft landing. I am actually able to hold greens with this club, which was not the case with my old Steelhead III. I think a lot of this has to do with the shaft. This is the first time I have tried a graphite shaft in a 3 wood and now I am wondering why it took me so long to change. Anyway this is an awsome club and I am now looking at getting both the J33R driver and J33 5 wood.

• 4 months later...

I have the 15 degree J33 3 wood and it is my favorite club in the bag. I had a Taylor Made 3W before that and it was good, but the thing that sold me on the J33 3W is that it's just freaking solid and it looks awesome at address. I can hit this club lower and higher and draw or fade it. I prefer a no-nonsense profile at address and the J33's have that. It plays solid, kind of like the feeling you get when you close the door on a Toyota or Lexus product. I even love the head cover, which is well made and solid.

I have the J33 460 driver and the 3H and they both share those same qualities. I don't understand why the Bridgestone stuff sells so cheap, but I would play the clubs even if they weren't.

• 4 months later...

[quote name='Emperoryder' post='836987' date='Dec 25 2007, 10:30 PM']How do these compare up to 906F2???[/quote]

Very similiar feel and flight but I find the J33 a little more forgiving or at least it gives me more confidence. Both heads provide a very penetrating flight and distance wise they are very close both off the tee and the deck. I like both at address and to be honest I think I like the 906 a little better at address but not really sure why. The feel is crisp and when you pure it you know it and when you miss both will let you know.

I kept my 906 and I take it out to the range but I just cannot take the J33 out of the bag...I can't even begin to tell you the shots I have made with it over the last year or so. I have a couple of other 3 woods for the winter range sessions including the F60 and G10 but so far the F60 is the only one I would consider putting in the bag.

Ken

Hmm...Today the bag will be...<br /><br />Cobra F9 or Ping 400 LST<br /><br />F9 w/ HZRD Yellow or 16* 3446-f-Matrix 8M2<br /><br />Cobra Baffler w/ HZRD<br /><br />Machine M2A Long Neck SS Copper Insert Hand Peened<br /><br />Mizuno MP-55 & MP-5 w/ SF 110 CW<br /><br />SRIXON 765/965 5-PW w SF i95 Stiff

Are you guys still using your Bridgestone J33 Fairway woods? If not, what did you switch to?

TaylorMade Stealth HD 10.5* Driver
Taylor Made Stealth 2 16.5* Wood
Callaway Apex 21 Hybrids 21* & 24*
Callaway Apex 21 Irons P-6 
Cleveland RTX ZipCore 54/10 and 60/6 Wedges 
Slighter Seattle Custom Putter

• 1 month later...

Was originally using a Sonartec NP99 15 and decided to try the J33 FW 15. The J33 feels more solid and more picky on the swing than the NP99. Most people say the NP99 is a pretty pure club, but the J33 is that one step purer. I went back to the NP99 but the J33 will continue to be a swing tuner for me.

* The comparison is similiar to the J33R and J33P driver. J33P feels more solid and purer eventhough the J33R is already considered by many as a pure driver.

• 4 weeks later...

So I got my hands on some J33 3 wood and 5 wood, I have 5 wood in play with X100 shaft and frankly it feels weird.

It's prob the shaft but I am not getting much feel at all!!!

I'm playing well w/ my 906F2 3 wood and sorta skeptical to switch the head to J33 3 wood head...after trying out the 5 wood with X100.

But I think its the shaft...

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Added the J33 15* to my bag a few weeks ago after I demo'ed for a new 3w at Golf Galaxy on their Doppler Fitting system.

Got fit for the Ping G10, TM Tour Burner, Titleist 906f2, Nike Sumo/Sumo2, Cleveland Hi-Bore XLS, Cobra Speed, and the Callaway X/Tour. Fav's turned out to be the G10 and the newest Tour Burner, found this j33 sitting in the used section with a X-stiff V2 shaft in it. Played this head against the Ping G10 and the TM Tour Burner. Accuracy, distance, and control were better for me then the Burner, (shaft has a lot to do with it). G10 bested the 3 heads in all out distance, but I was not about to shell out 250+ for a flipping 3 wood. The j33 had a higher flight and again was not as long as the G10, average shot was falling short 2 to 4 yards comparably. Accuracy was no better or worse then the PING and workability was a little harder right to left then from the opposite direction. With the right shaft, this head does NOT balloon. The G10 is the holy grail of 3w's IMO unless we are speaking of the ultra pricy Tour Edge heads but, for $45 and a free re-shaft by the Golf Galaxy techs into a heavier and stiffer shaft, I will be hard pressed to complain about my decision to go used over new.

Bridgestone quiet possibly will not make a better fairway head.

Callaway XR Pro 9* Mitsubishi Fubuki zt 70x tipped .5"
Callaway XR Pro 14* Mitsubishi Fubuki z-fw 85x
Mizuno MP- 33 3-pw KBS-Tour x stepped x 2
Nike VR Forged 52*,56*,60*
Mizuno Bettinardi C-03 Blade @ 33"
Titleist Prov1x

• 9 months later...

best fairway wood ive ever hit

Ping G430 LST 10.5* // Fujikura Speeder NX Green 60 X
Ping G430 Max 15* // Fujikura Speeder NX Green 70 X

Srixon ZX MKII 3H // Fujikura Speeder 904H S
Ping Blueprint S (4-W) // Dynamic Gold S400 Tour Issue
Titleist SM9 50F, 56S, 60L // Dynamic Gold S400 Tour Issue
Byron Morgan DH89

• 2 months later...

Anyone stick a steel shaft in one of these? Would a steel shaft even fit? I have much more consistency it seems with steel shafts then graphite when it comes to everything except a driver.

[size=3][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 910D3 9.5 w/Diamana 'ahina 72g[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 906F4 3w w/UST Proforce V2
Titleist 910H 19* w/UST Proforce V2
Titleist 712U 3iron w/PX 6.0 Flighted
Bridgestone J38 CB 4-PW w/PX 5.5 95g
Titleist AP2 710 GW w/PX 5.5[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Miura Forged 56* w/DG Spinner
Bettinardi BB1-H[/font][/size]

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I have a 15 degree with a 76 gram V2 from 2005. I still use it today. I tried new 3 woods out but nothing seems to compare. Anyone have any luck in finding a replacement?

Titleist 910D3 (9.5 degree)
Bridgestone J33 (15 degree)
Titleist 910h (19 degree)
Mizuno MP-60 (3-9i)
Titleist SM4 Vokey (48, 54, 60)
Titleist Scotty Cameron AOP Newport 2