srixon 745's WOW!!!!!!

fujiman.757

Put my 745s back in the bag today for a club tourney.... my previous best score was a 73, shot with these irons. I have been playing the 716 AP2 for a bit and breaking 80 a bunch, but today, with the 745s, I finally shot my first even par 72. It is hard to argue with the performance of these irons. The AP2 are really good clubs, but I think I will stick with the 745s and see what else I can make happen out there. Can't believe I even thought about selling these....

Ping G430 10k 9*  Ventus Velocore blue 6x

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

PXG 0211  4i KBS C Taper Lite 115x ss1x

Srixon zx7 mkii 5-7, Z forged ii 8-P KBS C Taper Lite 

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron NP2 Studio Stainless  34"

• 2 weeks later...

I'm only 12 holes and one range session in, but I think I'm in love. They really check all the boxes for me. Not too big, but not too small. Great forged feel, but with plenty of forgiveness, especially on my favorite mishits that are chock full of toe-y goodness. Perfect trajectory for me with the c-tapers, and a few yards longer than my old Tour Preferred CB's. Also, just the right amount of offset (hardly any). Find myself anxious to hit them again, and again, and soon!

Srixon Zx5 MKII 9.5* Ventus Blue 6 or LA Golf Trono 7 

Tour Edge Exotics E723 15* Ventus Blue 6

Tour Edge Exotics E722 18* Ventus Blue 6

Cobra King Tec 4 Utility MMT 80
PXG 0311P Gen2 5-PW MMT 80

Ping Glide 4.0 50* SS, 54* WS KBS Tour
Callaway MD PM Grind Raw 58* KBS Tour
Toulon Garage Le Mans 
Titleist AVX/ProVI

• 4 months later...

Heated battle between my 745s and my 716 AP2 LZ combo.... took the 745s out today and had 16 pars with a triple on 7 and a 3 putt bogey on 17 but the 745 approach shots today were insane. It's been a while since I have had a good ball striking day with them but I remembered today why I love them so much. I was considering selling them, but I think they'll get another shot at being the starters. It's amazing how forgiving these are...

I'm thinking about giving these a try. I've had my AP2s for two seasons and they've done well. How do they compare in size? How about distance?

Heated battle between my 745s and my 716 AP2 LZ combo.... took the 745s out today and had 16 pars with a triple on 7 and a 3 putt bogey on 17 but the 745 approach shots today were insane. It's been a while since I have had a good ball striking day with them but I remembered today why I love them so much. I was considering selling them, but I think they'll get another shot at being the starters. It's amazing how forgiving these are...

I'm thinking about giving these a try. I've had my AP2s for two seasons and they've done well. How do they compare in size? How about distance?

Blade length is about the same and the toe on the 745s is a little sharper than the AP2. Top line looks a little thicker on the 745s which is a reason I stepped away from them for a moment. I really like the top line of the AP2 in all honesty, looks more "player-ish" and the roundness of the heads is just enough for me. I probably prefer the look of the AP2 overall, from address, cavity isn't even a contest going to the 745s.... Distance is close, but I'd give the edge to the Srixons, maybe due to a slightly stronger loft. AP2 seem to fly a little higher and feel a little more clicky, but nothing like the older models, to me. The 745s just feel amazing, there aren't too many irons out there that have given me this kind of feel combined with feedback. The sole on the Srixons may be a little more friendly as well, easy through the turf. I will be changing out the 6.0 LZ in my AP2 in favor of some PX 5.5, the 120g LZ may be a little much for me as I am playing the 5.5 in two other sets of irons, the 745s and some 695mb, and just feel more in control with the lighter shafts.

I have had my 745s sitting in the garage for a while, now. Not because they aren't good, but because I know they aren't going anywhere while I ho some other irons but I know soon enough they will be back in the bag, I have shot my lowest rounds with those clubs. They really are fantastic.

End of the season up here in Winnipeg, I was lucky to get my final round in last Friday when we had absolutely awesome weather... I played about 25 rounds this summer, and although I'm a club hoe.... and I usually switch irons up every few rounds... I played these through out the year... I really do like these irons. I think these are in the bag for quite some time.

Thank you Srixon for these wonderful irons.

Blade length is about the same and the toe on the 745s is a little sharper than the AP2. Top line looks a little thicker on the 745s which is a reason I stepped away from them for a moment. I really like the top line of the AP2 in all honesty, looks more "player-ish" and the roundness of the heads is just enough for me. I probably prefer the look of the AP2 overall, from address, cavity isn't even a contest going to the 745s.... Distance is close, but I'd give the edge to the Srixons, maybe due to a slightly stronger loft. AP2 seem to fly a little higher and feel a little more clicky, but nothing like the older models, to me. The 745s just feel amazing, there aren't too many irons out there that have given me this kind of feel combined with feedback. The sole on the Srixons may be a little more friendly as well, easy through the turf. I will be changing out the 6.0 LZ in my AP2 in favor of some PX 5.5, the 120g LZ may be a little much for me as I am playing the 5.5 in two other sets of irons, the 745s and some 695mb, and just feel more in control with the lighter shafts.

I have had my 745s sitting in the garage for a while, now. Not because they aren't good, but because I know they aren't going anywhere while I ho some other irons but I know soon enough they will be back in the bag, I have shot my lowest rounds with those clubs. They really are fantastic.

What the hell, I'm going all in. Srixon Z945 here I come. I'm just going to jump off the deep end and go for blades. I've read so many good things about them, that I have to give them a go. Plus, recently I came to the conclusion that just because it's new doesn't make it better. Plus they look so good!

What the hell, I'm going all in. Srixon Z945 here I come. I'm just going to jump off the deep end and go for blades. I've read so many good things about them, that I have to give them a go. Plus, recently I came to the conclusion that just because it's new doesn't make it better. Plus they look so good!

love my z945s... first blades where i can comfortably hit through the iron set with ease. Always been a bladesman so i know blades.

Titleist TSR4 /Ozik F6M2/Ozik TP6HD/EVO III FUJI/fuji pro 2.0
Cobra Ltd 3 Kaili 80

Cobra Ltd 5 Kaili 80 (sub :Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5 Kaili 80)
Adams XTD TI  22 Hybrid
Honma 757B Blades 4-pw . s300 xp 
Nike Vapor Pro combo AW 50*,Ping 3.0 EYE 54, 58 

Bettinardi SS 2 silver

Nike B1-05 Origin (Rare)
Slazenger 508/Kirk Currie KC02B

I don’t blame you! If I could do it again, I’d just go 945s, too!! I almost bought a used set a few months back.. didn’t, went back to the store after thinking about it and they were gone. Get them, and get them now!!! Lol

I don’t blame you! If I could do it again, I’d just go 945s, too!! I almost bought a used set a few months back.. didn’t, went back to the store after thinking about it and they were gone. Get them, and get them now!!! Lol

I started with a combo set of 745’s and 945’s. Sold them to go all 945’s, they are so forgiving for blades and the feel is unbelievable. I would never play a different set of blades after these and I didn’t think I was good enough to play them. Could easily play a 945 3 iron if I could have found one.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so because of this topic I started looking for these sticks. I started playing a year and a half ago and bought Callaway X2hot irons at the time. Game improvement, distance irons with the occasional 190 yard 8-iron that flew the green. After a long search, I found Srixon z745 on Ebay in good condition for cheap. They had the DG S300 shafts in them and the original grips. Decided to buy them.

Arrived end of September. Got 1 range session of an hour with them before I went on holiday for a month. After the range session I wasn't very excited: Not a great feeling, lost quite a lot of distance and boy could I feel the mishits!

Came back from holiday on Thursday and decided to hit the range on Friday. Still not overly impressed with them... On Saturday I played 18 holes on my home course with a friend for the wintercup. We played normal greens but the tees were 15 yards more forward than normal. Hit 16 of 18 greens in regulation. Of the 2 I missed, one was because I hit my drive OB... Even hit a 3-iron from 210 to 10 feet! I lost about a full club distance-wise, but dispersion left/right and long/short was so much better!

Finished the round in 73, which is one over par, and which is 8 shots better than my previous best score. My handicap currently sits at 15,7, so I can't explain how excited I am to tee it up again this weekend. /humblebrag

Might look for other shafts, as I'm really not liking the feeling of the DG S300, but very very difficult to test shafts where I'm from. I wouldn't even know where to start actually, so I'd just have to buy it on reviews and give it a try...

Ok, so because of this topic I started looking for these sticks. I started playing a year and a half ago and bought Callaway X2hot irons at the time. Game improvement, distance irons with the occasional 190 yard 8-iron that flew the green. After a long search, I found Srixon z745 on Ebay in good condition for cheap. They had the DG S300 shafts in them and the original grips. Decided to buy them.

Arrived end of September. Got 1 range session of an hour with them before I went on holiday for a month. After the range session I wasn't very excited: Not a great feeling, lost quite a lot of distance and boy could I feel the mishits!

Came back from holiday on Thursday and decided to hit the range on Friday. Still not overly impressed with them... On Saturday I played 18 holes on my home course with a friend for the wintercup. We played normal greens but the tees were 15 yards more forward than normal. Hit 16 of 18 greens in regulation. Of the 2 I missed, one was because I hit my drive OB... Even hit a 3-iron from 210 to 10 feet! I lost about a full club distance-wise, but dispersion left/right and long/short was so much better!

Finished the round in 73, which is one over par, and which is 8 shots better than my previous best score. My handicap currently sits at 15,7, so I can't explain how excited I am to tee it up again this weekend. /humblebrag

Might look for other shafts, as I'm really not liking the feeling of the DG S300, but very very difficult to test shafts where I'm from. I wouldn't even know where to start actually, so I'd just have to buy it on reviews and give it a try...

Look into Modus 3 105X, 120X, or 125S.

Played S300s for over 10 years and my 125S are night and day better in smoothness, feel, ball flight, and distance.

AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
AB TP 3HL / 757
XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
DWS 24*/ VS Proto
J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0

i take it the handicap of 18.8 is a joke.

A 3 iron 210 is plenty long.. not sure what you are used to

Titleist TSR4 /Ozik F6M2/Ozik TP6HD/EVO III FUJI/fuji pro 2.0
Cobra Ltd 3 Kaili 80

Cobra Ltd 5 Kaili 80 (sub :Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5 Kaili 80)
Adams XTD TI  22 Hybrid
Honma 757B Blades 4-pw . s300 xp 
Nike Vapor Pro combo AW 50*,Ping 3.0 EYE 54, 58 

Bettinardi SS 2 silver

Nike B1-05 Origin (Rare)
Slazenger 508/Kirk Currie KC02B

I'm at 15.7 now (was still a 36 hcp 7 months ago - that's when I played my first competition).

Longest iron in my old set was a 5 iron, that I hit around 180 meters (197y). Distance with the Srixon 3 iron is between 185 - 190 meters (202 - 208y), so not much longer than my old 5 iron.

Callaway PW - 130m vs Srixon PW - 120m

Callaway 7 iron - 160m vs Srixon 7 iron - 150m

Probably a mix of stronger loft + longer and lighter shafts in the Callaways?

Im still rocking my Srixon Z745's and cant find anything to de-throne them! I do however have some serious wear and browning starting to become evident. What do you guys think I should do? I don't love the look of the 765's. Should I try and find a different iron set to get back some performance from fresh grooves or hold out until the next release?

Thanks!

Im still rocking my Srixon Z745's and cant find anything to de-throne them! I do however have some serious wear and browning starting to become evident. What do you guys think I should do? I don't love the look of the 765's. Should I try and find a different iron set to get back some performance from fresh grooves or hold out until the next release?

Thanks!

I say hold out especially if you don't like the look of the 765. You could just find a nice used set of 745 and reshaft, that would be the cheapest option. I will be playing my 65s till they are beat to hell, I'm absolutely infatuated with them and love every chance I have to hit them. I'm so glad I ran into srixon equipment by chance. I had no idea it was so good. Hidden gem in my opinion.

I'm at 15.7 now (was still a 36 hcp 7 months ago - that's when I played my first competition).

Longest iron in my old set was a 5 iron, that I hit around 180 meters (197y). Distance with the Srixon 3 iron is between 185 - 190 meters (202 - 208y), so not much longer than my old 5 iron.

Callaway PW - 130m vs Srixon PW - 120m

Callaway 7 iron - 160m vs Srixon 7 iron - 150m

Probably a mix of stronger loft + longer and lighter shafts in the Callaways?

This would be my guess... and it wouldn't surprise me to see you gain a little more with a different shaft over the S300. I have never hit that shaft well, threw some PX 5.5 flighted in my 745s and the feel and performance are incredible. I am on a run with my AP2s right now, but am considering throwing the 745s back in the bag soon... they are amazing all around irons.

Thanks!

I say hold out especially if you don't like the look of the 765. You could just find a nice used set of 745 and reshaft, that would be the cheapest option. I will be playing my 65s till they are beat to hell, I'm absolutely infatuated with them and love every chance I have to hit them. I'm so glad I ran into srixon equipment by chance. I had no idea it was so good. Hidden gem in my opinion.

How are you liking that 745 driver?

Thanks!

I don't want to jinx it. So I'll try not to speak too highly of it. Screw it. I've gone through a real bad slump in driving over the past year. I used to hit a nice reliable 260 yd cut. But I wanted more, don't we all. I decided to see a pro about working a draw into my game. What a long process. I easily learned to draw my irons, then hybrid, then 3 wood, but continued to struggle with driver. During that time I went through a handful of the newest and best drivers available, nothing seemed to click. On a whim, while surfing the bay one night I saw a Z745 driver with the Attas 6star. I've always been interested in the Attas shafts and it was only $150 for the whole set up I said what the hell and gave it a shot. Best gamble I've ever made. I've hit so many LONG tight penetrating draws with this thing. Jaw dropping really. At this point I'm not sure if it's the shaft or the club head. But I'm not changing a thing. It didn't come with an adjustment tool and I'm not even going to buy one. Of course it's not a magic stick, and I've had some bad drives. But it is the best I've drove the ball in a long long time and it has really brought some excitement back to my game. One of my long time playing partners even said, nice to have you back. He meant that it's nice to see me with long respectable good ball flight drives again. He said you're poking that thing out there 290-300, realistically I say it's more like 280. So, yeah I'm a fan. I've definitely learned that newer isn't always better. And the Z965 irons and even the 4 and 5 Z565 are awesome. Hit some of my best iron shots of the year last time out and it was my first round with them! This is the type of thing that draws you back into the game and gets you thinking about your next round all week.

But I'm a realist, and I have to attribute some if not all of this to me just swinging well right now. Plus I have to give myself some credit, too!

This is me and Srixon right now ~~~> Homies :friends:

Thanks!

I don't want to jinx it. So I'll try not to speak too highly of it. Screw it. I've gone through a real bad slump in driving over the past year. I used to hit a nice reliable 260 yd cut. But I wanted more, don't we all. I decided to see a pro about working a draw into my game. What a long process. I easily learned to draw my irons, then hybrid, then 3 wood, but continued to struggle with driver. During that time I went through a handful of the newest and best drivers available, nothing seemed to click. On a whim, while surfing the bay one night I saw a Z745 driver with the Attas 6star. I've always been interested in the Attas shafts and it was only $150 for the whole set up I said what the hell and gave it a shot. Best gamble I've ever made. I've hit so many LONG tight penetrating draws with this thing. Jaw dropping really. At this point I'm not sure if it's the shaft or the club head. But I'm not changing a thing. It didn't come with an adjustment tool and I'm not even going to buy one. Of course it's not a magic stick, and I've had some bad drives. But it is the best I've drove the ball in a long long time and it has really brought some excitement back to my game. One of my long time playing partners even said, nice to have you back. He meant that it's nice to see me with long respectable good ball flight drives again. He said you're poking that thing out there 290-300, realistically I say it's more like 280. So, yeah I'm a fan. I've definitely learned that newer isn't always better. And the Z965 irons and even the 4 and 5 Z545 are awesome. Hit some of my best iron shots of the year last time out and it was my first round with them! This is the type of thing that draws you back into the game and gets you thinking about your next round all week.

But I'm a realist, and I have to attribute some if not all of this to me just swinging well right now. Plus I have to give myself some credit, too!

When you wanna try the f45 3 wood let me know, I have a head only with adapter, head cover, weight kit and tool. Complete the bag man. ha ha

Thanks!

I don't want to jinx it. So I'll try not to speak too highly of it. Screw it. I've gone through a real bad slump in driving over the past year. I used to hit a nice reliable 260 yd cut. But I wanted more, don't we all. I decided to see a pro about working a draw into my game. What a long process. I easily learned to draw my irons, then hybrid, then 3 wood, but continued to struggle with driver. During that time I went through a handful of the newest and best drivers available, nothing seemed to click. On a whim, while surfing the bay one night I saw a Z745 driver with the Attas 6star. I've always been interested in the Attas shafts and it was only $150 for the whole set up I said what the hell and gave it a shot. Best gamble I've ever made. I've hit so many LONG tight penetrating draws with this thing. Jaw dropping really. At this point I'm not sure if it's the shaft or the club head. But I'm not changing a thing. It didn't come with an adjustment tool and I'm not even going to buy one. Of course it's not a magic stick, and I've had some bad drives. But it is the best I've drove the ball in a long long time and it has really brought some excitement back to my game. One of my long time playing partners even said, nice to have you back. He meant that it's nice to see me with long respectable good ball flight drives again. He said you're poking that thing out there 290-300, realistically I say it's more like 280. So, yeah I'm a fan. I've definitely learned that newer isn't always better. And the Z965 irons and even the 4 and 5 Z545 are awesome. Hit some of my best iron shots of the year last time out and it was my first round with them! This is the type of thing that draws you back into the game and gets you thinking about your next round all week.

Very cool. I love the shape of that head and love the deep face of the driver.... I'm going to give the 917 D2 a shot, but I always have my eyes open for the 5/745 series woods. I still have the f45 3 wood, and the h45 19* hybrid. Both have worked really well for me out on the course, well enough I just can't give them up, much like the 745 irons even if I am not playing them. These latest posts making me want to throw them back in the bag though!

• 2 months later...

I've been playing a combo set of 545, 745 and 945 irons for about three months and am hugely impressed with their performance and looks. Because of this I bought a 745 driver - wow, what a great buy! My only criticism initially was that my ball flight was a little too high so with the 7gm weight swapped for the 11gm not making much difference I tried a more obvious change and reduced the tee height by a good half inch. What an extraordinary difference this made and, with no exaggeration, the much more boring flight has added around 25 yards to my drives and I would now say it is the best driver (and over 30 years I have had plenty!) I have ever had the pleasure of hitting. I cannot recommend it too highly, so thank you Srixon.

Just went from iblades to 745s. Seriously good looking clubs that feel even better love the soles . I do lots of bump and runs and the srixons perform better on those for me. Found the iblades to be a little jumpy off the face around the greens.

I've found almost exactly the same. The only difference being I swapped from Ping i200's. The V sole is brilliant. I've now bought a 745 driver and initially found I was hitting it a little too high but this was rectified by dropping the tee height by a good half inch. Now I'm in love with it!

• 1 year later...

love these, better than the 765, have played a few mizuno sets and the 745 beat them all

Driver: 2016 M1 12* apache mfs 40+

Fairways: 2016 M2 3hl,5hl Apollo stepped steel

Utility: Hogan Worth Hi 22,26,30 x100 high launch 

Irons: Srixon 745 7-pw x100 high launch 

Wedges: Cleveland rtx 3 50,54,58

Putter: Heavy Putter H1

Love it.... There was a post recently about how these irons had little chatter here.... 94 pages later....LOL