How much are your monthly CC fees?

I have a Platinum membership on the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail in Alabama.

I pay $186 a month (including taxes). Includes greens fees on the whole trail. Unlimited range balls on my home course. Cart fee is $20 for 18 holes. Plus, i earn loyalty points that I can redeem for rounds of golf and everyone that plays with me gets a discounted rate.

So, I get 468 holes of golf on 11 sites... can't get bored with that!

Are those courses carts only or can you walk?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pay $186 a month (including taxes). Includes greens fees on the whole trail. Unlimited range balls on my home course. Cart fee is $20 for 18 holes. Plus, i earn loyalty points that I can redeem for rounds of golf and everyone that plays with me gets a discounted rate.

you can walk if you want. Some of them can get pretty hilly, depending on the location. Others are flatter and can be easily walked.

PXG Black Ops Tour 1 Fujikura Motore X F3

PXG Black Ops 3 wood hzrdus black

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid hzrdus black

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade  MG 46/52/58wedges

Putter TBD

you can walk if you want. Some of them can get pretty hilly, depending on the location. Others are flatter and can be easily walked.

I could (should) just look this up online but I'll ask you. What's the nearest Trail course to Birmingham? I go down there every couple of years for meetings and one of these days I could spend an extra day and take my clubs along.

$229.00 a month, unlimited golf. I walk for all rounds other than tournaments or club events. No minimums and no special assessments. Dues haven't increased in the 7 years I've been a member. We have our regulation course and a 9 hole par 3 course with holes from 70 yards to 170 yards. One of the largest pools in the state and incredible member participation in events.

From April through September we have a "Dash for Cash" 9 hole scramble every Wednesday night with 6 man teams. We have to cap it at 16 teams just so we can play before it gets too dark. I know some local clubs would be happy to have 96 players in their member/member event.

$229.00 a month, unlimited golf. I walk for all rounds other than tournaments or club events. No minimums and no special assessments. Dues haven't increased in the 7 years I've been a member. We have our regulation course and a 9 hole par 3 course with holes from 70 yards to 170 yards. One of the largest pools in the state and incredible member participation in events.

From April through September we have a "Dash for Cash" 9 hole scramble every Wednesday night with 6 man teams. We have to cap it at 16 teams just so we can play before it gets too dark. I know some local clubs would be happy to have 96 players in their member/member event.

Forgot to mention that this is the family plan and includes full social membership. Pool, etc.

I belong to a private club in NJ. We typically do not pay our dues monthly in this state for some reason. Dues for my family membership are $8600 annually, but you get a 15% discount if paid in full by October 15th of the preceding year. I wrote my check last month. We have a trail fee program at $1700 annually otherwise carts are $28 per round. I do the trail fee. F & B minimums are $600 twice annually for a $1200 total. Add locker fee, club storage and all of the other nickle and dime stuff and it ain't cheap!

I have belonged to this club since I was 28, and I'll be 50 in a few months. At one point before the 2008 recession there was also a $25k initiation. I joined pre-construction in 1994 and only paid $3700 initiation. Now there is no initiation and we have a special program for under 40 YOA members (Young Executive) that is basically 50% off of dues. All the years I was under forty I paid full freight, so that frosts my azz a bit, but times are different. I'm not really complaining as I'm also on the BOD, so have some input into club operations and fee structures, but man, as a tail end baby boomer (barely) I always seem to get f'd!

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

When I was living in the Raleigh, NC area my club was $176/month, no cart and unlimited range balls. It had a nice practice area (putting, chipping, sand) and it was a great layout and the course was almost always in good shape. I played 1-2 times/week and went to the range once a week.

We moved to TN a year and a half ago and now we have a 7 month old. I bought the annual golf pass at one of the state park courses (Henry Horton) 20 mins from our house. It's $983.25 PER YEAR ($82/month) after tax. Unlimited golf 7 days/week. They put in the new bermuda greens 2 years ago and it's a great layout. For many years it hosted the high school state championship. It's not quite as nice as the club in NC I came from but at this price it's an unbelievable deal. It doesn't include range balls but I'm not a range rat and I walk all the time so it's perfect for me. I stop by the putting/practice green or play 9 holes once during the week and play once a weekend. Seniors pay even less. For $2185/year I could play unlimited golf, cart included, unlimited range balls at any of the state park or Jack Nickalus Bear Trace courses within the state of TN. That's NINE courses for $2185/year. Since my schedule limits me to once a week and I like to walk it made more sense to do the local annual pass. It only takes me 20 mins to get to the course and I usually play in the 1st group and my round, even with a foursome takes little over 3 hours. If you live in TN and are single, retired or have a type of job where you travel throughout the sate often I would seriously consider the Golf Trail Annual Pass.

I'm lucky to live in an area that's very affordable for golf.

I could (should) just look this up online but I'll ask you. What's the nearest Trail course to Birmingham? I go down there every couple of years for meetings and one of these days I could spend an extra day and take my clubs along.

Oxmoor Valley is the "normal fee" trail site. Ross Bridge is the resort fee course. Both are located within about 2 miles of each other. Ross Bridge used to host a senior tour event and is very nice. Oxmoor Valley has two 18 hole courses, ridge and valley. I prefer ridge course of the two. For the money, I'd go play Oxmoor.

Keep in mind that both courses are located in Birmingham, which was once the steel capital. You get alot of hills.... you'll get some good views, but some target golf at times as well.

PXG Black Ops Tour 1 Fujikura Motore X F3

PXG Black Ops 3 wood hzrdus black

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid hzrdus black

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade  MG 46/52/58wedges

Putter TBD

If the money is instrumental in giving you time with your children, and they come out and play, every penny is well spent. I joined a club to be able to teach my kids to play - with no public course pressure of daily fees, no tee time hastling, partial rounds, unlimited range and practice facility time, and their right to be there.

I never signed up for a cart plan.

Many guys were jealous of me being lucky enough to get to play and spend so much time with my sons.

Now that they are away at college I am thinking of dropping, but I have not decided, but I don’t regret a dime of my membership because of the memories I have of us.

Solid points rarely made. Well done, you’re a good dad.

At the risk of being "that guy", the OP inquired about the monthly cost for country club membership; many of the responses to his inquiry are for rounds of golf only ... although such costs are low, it's an apples to oranges comparison IMO.

In any case, I pay $259/month for a country club membership (unlimited golf, range balls, pool, no food minimum).

TaylorMade Stealth 2 12° - Ventus Velo Blue 5R2

PING G425 Max 5-Wood (@16.5°) / 7-Wood (@19.5°) - Ventus Velo Red 5R2

Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid 21° / 24° - AD HY 65R

Mizuno MP245 6-GW - AD 75R SSx1

TaylorMade MG4 52.08 - AD 75S (8i) / 56.12TW - AD 75S (9i)

Odyssey Versa Jailbird 380 WH

Titleist ProV1x

That's it. Moving to Ireland!!!!

FFFF...yes.. me too. wow.. grew up in London and played a few links courses in Kent, but I am beginning to believe the treasures and affordable golf is in Ireland.

How do they play all year round? thought Ireland winters would be prohibitive

Titleist TSR4 /Ozik F6M2/Ozik TP6HD/EVO III FUJI/fuji pro 2.0
Cobra Ltd 3 Kaili 80

Cobra Ltd 5 Kaili 80 (sub :Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5 Kaili 80)
Adams XTD TI  22 Hybrid
Honma 757B Blades 4-pw . s300 xp 
Nike Vapor Pro combo AW 50*,Ping 3.0 EYE 54, 58 

Bettinardi SS 2 silver

Nike B1-05 Origin (Rare)
Slazenger 508/Kirk Currie KC02B

At the risk of being "that guy", the OP inquired about the monthly cost for country club membership; many of the responses to his inquiry are for rounds of golf only ... although such costs are low, it's an apples to oranges comparison IMO.

In any case, I pay $259/month for a country club membership (unlimited golf, range balls, pool, no food minimum).

I get your point, and yes the OP was probably trying to compare his costs to other CCs. I agree there can be a world of difference between a true "country club" experience and a round at a resort or public course. However, there's even apples and oranges among country clubs and sometimes there are grey areas between "country clubs", private clubs and semi-private.

Case in point: Some CCs force you to pay for a pool even if you never use it and give you a minimum food bill. Some give you free range balls; others offer a cart "trail fee" annual plan. Some force you to rent a cart, some let you bring your own cart. Some let you bring your cart but MAKE you keep your cart there and charge you a storage fee. With all these combinations of ammenities (or lack of), it's somtimes hard to tell the difference between a golf club, country club, private club, semi-private club and a nice public course with annual passes.

I've played at "country clubs" where members complained you could never find a game, and I've played at semi-private and public courses where it was super easy to find a game. "Game" meaning a group of people who regulary played for money (side-bets).

Hopefully these responses are all helpful to the OP and gives an overall outlook on how much golf costs in different parts of the country (or world in some cases lol).

Our dues are $640 a month, but we might have the largest club in America and it is always hopping year round. We have 2 18 hole courses, outdoor and indoor pools, bowling alley (duckpins) and a nice health club but you pay extra for that. My bar bill runs well over $600/mo excluding dinning,. It's well worth it though.

Ahhh...Congressional! You forgot to mention the hotel rooms for out of town guests!

man if that is indeed Congo, then it's cheaper....better word..lower than what i expected, Of course the initiation fee is big and sponsors are another thing, but 650 compared to not so known courses charging 1k per month plus...you take Congressional. ..always.

Cobra Ltd 3 Kaili 80

Adams XTD TI  22 Hybrid

Bettinardi SS 2 silver

Nike B1-05 Origin (Rare)

Our dues are $640 a month, but we might have the largest club in America and it is always hopping year round. We have 2 18 hole courses, outdoor and indoor pools, bowling alley (duckpins) and a nice health club but you pay extra for that. My bar bill runs well over $600/mo excluding dinning,. It's well worth it though.

Ahhh...Congressional! You forgot to mention the hotel rooms for out of town guests!

man if that is indeed Congo, then it's cheaper....better word..lower than what i expected, Of course the initiation fee is big and sponsors are another thing, but 650 compared to not so known courses charging 1k per month plus...you take Congressional. ..always.

Big facilities in major cities can (and do) handle far more members than the average club. Big membership numbers enables lower dues; lower dues enables more people to be willing to join and hold their membership with relatively little usage - which means you can handle even more members.

180k initiation, 18k in dues. Lots of people have said it before, but you'll never be able to justify the cost for just golf. You pay for the atmosphere, to be around like minded people that care for the property, because it is a big investment...for use only in winter time. But the friendliness and knowledge of the staff and conditions of the course, are second to none. I wish I would have been a part of a club a lot sooner.

Single golf membership (no pool,no tennis ((although I’m sure I could use them and nobody would say anything)). $185 per month, $40 per month F &B. Includes cart (brand new fleet of Yamahas just delivered last week), range balls, and locker. Club storage and private cart storage are extra.

I don’t think I paid an initiation fee when I joined. I think it might be $1,000 now.

180k initiation, 18k in dues. Lots of people have said it before, but you'll never be able to justify the cost for just golf. You pay for the atmosphere, to be around like minded people that care for the property, because it is a big investment...for use only in winter time. But the friendliness and knowledge of the staff and conditions of the course, are second to none. I wish I would have been a part of a club a lot sooner.

'

let me get this straight... this is for winter only?

Cobra Ltd 3 Kaili 80

Adams XTD TI  22 Hybrid

Bettinardi SS 2 silver

Nike B1-05 Origin (Rare)

'

Yep. Club opens officially around thanksgiving (it's open at beginning of November) usually cleared out by 1st of May. Lots of clubs are seasonal only, as I am sure most are already aware.

'

Yep. Club opens officially around thanksgiving (it's open at beginning of November) usually cleared out by 1st of May. Lots of clubs are seasonal only, as I am sure most are already aware.

of course. It's on Jupiter :)

Cobra Ltd 3 Kaili 80

Adams XTD TI  22 Hybrid

Bettinardi SS 2 silver

Nike B1-05 Origin (Rare)

'

Wow, I didn't know this. Having only lived in TN, NC and briefly in KY the only clubs I've ever been a part of were year round. I can understand up north where it's too cold to play during winter, but is it too hot to play year round in FL?

'

Wow, I didn't know this. Having only lived in TN, NC and briefly in KY the only clubs I've ever been a part of were year round. I can understand up north where it's too cold to play during winter, but is it too hot to play year round in FL?

My guess is the membership is mostly snowbirds so there isn’t enough use during the summer to justify staying open.

'

Lots of clubs have snowbirds, winter in Florida then go home to wherever. A lot of people here have multiple memberships. Have a couple clubs in Florida and a few back up north.