#TheWRX: The EPIC Event at Callaway Golf. 8 Members are treated to TheWRX

Almost the one year anniversary.....come on Cally .....hook GolfWRX with another trip!

I will be happy to take one for the team and attend if necessary. :hi:

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The X Forged look really good! But I love my Apex Pros, and I'm not ready to bite the $1,300 bullet for new irons. I may never be. :taunt:

I am happy with my clubs too, Matt. I will just live vicariously reading about what our confederates are hitting these days. :-)

I remember what it was like to buy golf clubs LOL. I miss those days, well....i mean great things are happening for Jeff, just not in any way related to golf. In fact they will almost certainly result in me being a much worse at golf. But i digress...

Sadly, almost everything you need for a new house costs the same as a new set of irons, and they are nowhere near as buttery soft, including my new human sized couch poof! This weekend we got a dinner table, new appliances, 2 sofas, a bedroom set, and baby clothes that have a lot of slogans on them women find cute. (the baby clothes were cheap, yes for small miracles!)

On the plus side, i could fit a corpse in my new fridge. I am thinking of putting my own in there

But it's safe to say the Callaway bag is going nowhere. I'm just planning to use the Ping G since i will really suck next year

You wont suck next year you'll be a Dad, and there truly isn't anything better. Just don't suck at being a Dad.

You will soon find a balance of family and golf. Took me a little while but we got it figured out.

I'm totally psyched to have a daughter, i've already told all of my friends that i am going to flat out punch their 0-3yr old sons in the face just as a general warning.

I actually am really excited. I'll miss playing golf as much for sure. But one day i'll get her out there with me!

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

The X Forged look really good! But I love my Apex Pros, and I'm not ready to bite the $1,300 bullet for new irons. I may never be. :taunt:

I am happy with my clubs too, Matt. I will just live vicariously reading about what our confederates are hitting these days. :-)

I remember what it was like to buy golf clubs LOL. I miss those days, well....i mean great things are happening for Jeff, just not in any way related to golf. In fact they will almost certainly result in me being a much worse at golf. But i digress...

Sadly, almost everything you need for a new house costs the same as a new set of irons, and they are nowhere near as buttery soft, including my new human sized couch poof! This weekend we got a dinner table, new appliances, 2 sofas, a bedroom set, and baby clothes that have a lot of slogans on them women find cute. (the baby clothes were cheap, yes for small miracles!)

On the plus side, i could fit a corpse in my new fridge. I am thinking of putting my own in there

But it's safe to say the Callaway bag is going nowhere. I'm just planning to use the Ping G since i will really suck next year

You wont suck next year you'll be a Dad, and there truly isn't anything better. Just don't suck at being a Dad.

You will soon find a balance of family and golf. Took me a little while but we got it figured out.

I'm totally psyched to have a daughter, i've already told all of my friends that i am going to flat out punch their 0-3yr old sons in the face just as a general warning.

I actually am really excited. I'll miss playing golf as much for sure. But one day i'll get her out there with me!

Still remember the boy who pushed my daughter down from behind onto the concrete floor at preschool 21 years ago! Her life is still on the up, it bothers me not in the least his never took off.

The time on the golf course I enjoyed with her as she got into golf and since has made up for whatever little time she took me off the course when she was a baby/toddler/etc. by a factor of about a million. Same with her sister, who ended up unfortunately going the tennis route just as my knee decided to become a slow motion train wreck for a few years (but she played tons with the Mrs., who is the tennis wiz in the family anyway).

Boy am I looking forward to Thanksgiving!

BTW, now that we are empty nesters, a discussion of replacing a tile backsplash turned into a new, and presently near completion, kitchen - so you can look forward to spending a bundle on one project instead of spreading it around. ;-) It does have me economizing in the sense I'm considering trading in and up 3 sets of AP2s acquired since 2011 for some Callaway Apex Pros based on this thread and reports of those on this forum.

I enjoy reading your stories about fatherhood and golf. I'm so happy for you, Jeff. Everyone I've talked to, especially Bram and Scott since they won't leave me alone, tells me fatherhood is the best. But I have to admit, right now, I'm not ready for that stage of my life. My wife and I got married 18 months ago. We are really enjoying travel, flexibility, ample amount of golf, some disposable income, etc. I think it is okay to be a little selfish, do the things we have always wanted to do. I'm certain there will be a time when that changes a few years from now, and I'll be so excited. But for now, I don't mind being the fun uncle, playing and spoiling them, and then going home to a quiet house and getting a lot of sleep! :cheesy:

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

I enjoy reading your stories about fatherhood and golf. I'm so happy for you, Jeff. Everyone I've talked to, especially Bram and Scott since they won't leave me alone, tells me fatherhood is the best. But I have to admit, right now, I'm not ready for that stage of my life. My wife and I got married 18 months ago. We are really enjoying travel, flexibility, ample amount of golf, some disposable income, etc. I think it is okay to be a little selfish, do the things we have always wanted to do. I'm certain there will be a time when that changes a few years from now, and I'll be so excited. But for now, I don't mind being the fun uncle, playing and spoiling them, and then going home to a quiet house and getting a lot of sleep! :cheesy:

Just remember, the more you enjoy your free time and flexibility now, the less you will have later in life. That's not a negative, just something to consider.

Example - we had our kids young - I was 22 when my daughter (the oldest) was born in 93. She's now 24 and son is 21. They are both out of the house. So at 45 and 46, my wife and I have freedom and flexibility. I have friends my age that didn't have kids until they were 35-40. So they are now 45-46 with 6-10 year old kids that won't be out of the house for another 10-15 years at best. That means my friends will be 55-60 years old before they are free and flexible again.

I have another friend who is 49 and has an 18 month old. He won't be free again until he's almost 70!

We now have an 18 month old grandson that we can keep for the weekend and give back. That's kinda nice :)

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Tensei AV Raw White 65X

PXG Gen 6 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

I didn't become a father until I was 38. There is no rush, and you won't be missing out on anything. :-)

Mine are 30 and 27. We had them when I was their age. Just waiting for grandkids now. Nothing better in the world. However, that is debatable while sitting in an elementary school band recital where it sounds like little animals are being tortured.

As an empty nester also, it is great having free time and some disposable income to travel and play. There is no "right" way to do it, just enjoy it.

I think we're pretty similar, remember you're a bit younger than me after all. When I was like 27-32 for example , i was just getting into decent roles at my company, had money to take vacations with girlfriends, go out to nice places, spend on golf etc, my condo was pretty inexpensive....Me and my wife started dating at 30 and she was doing competitive horse-back riding then, so i literally had my entire weekends to do whatever i wanted. It was actually pretty amazing. I honestly loved years 30-35, i truly felt like we could do whatever we wanted.

It was pretty much when i got to like 34-35 that i was like "hmmm, there's probably more to this". So if all continues to proceed well we'll the daughter and i'll be 36.

We're just looking to have one. I'm happy with the timing. I got to enjoy adult life. I feel somewhat old to have a first kid but not too old.

You'll know when it's time, but totally agree there's no rush. I mean what you're saying above is literally how i felt from like 30-34....which is i believe in the same range you are!

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

My wife and I do a fair amount of talking about when the best time for us to have kids would be. We both want to start pretty early so we can share our younger years with our children. I was always worried that financial security would be the biggest barrier for us to be able to have kids and afford to give them a quality of life that we’re accustomed to. We’ve recently found out that just having kids due to medical issues might be the real barrier for us and that’s definitely a burden that has been tough to deal with.

10.5* G430 Max Diamana BF 60

15* G430 Max Diamana Ahina 70

21* Apex UW Diamana Ilima 80
22* (bent 23*) X Forged UT KBS Proto

Apex   MB 5-PW $-Taper 

Vokey SM9 Raw 50F, 56F, 60T

Toulon La Grange SB w/ KBS CT Tour

Jones Players Series 003

I was 33 when we had our son, he is now 13, was a blessing.

I just started to grow up about that time. I partied hard, and did exactly what I wanted, when I wanted for about 10 years between 22-32. I feel lucky to be alive, have a good job and a family, all else is icing on the cake now.

The timing was perfect for me. I may not be here if she did not get pregnant, surely would have lost my job.

I see a lot of younger couples struggling with the balance.

I love my son like nothing I ever thought possible, best thing that ever happened to me.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T150 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

My wife and I do a fair amount of talking about when the best time for us to have kids would be. We both want to start pretty early so we can share our younger years with our children. I was always worried that financial security would be the biggest barrier for us to be able to have kids and afford to give them a quality of life that we're accustomed to. We've recently found out that just having kids due to medical issues might be the real barrier for us and that's definitely a burden that has been tough to deal with.

Paul, best wishes to you and your wife while you get these issued sorted out. I hope everything works out for the best.

PXG Bat Attack H

My wife and I do a fair amount of talking about when the best time for us to have kids would be. We both want to start pretty early so we can share our younger years with our children. I was always worried that financial security would be the biggest barrier for us to be able to have kids and afford to give them a quality of life that we're accustomed to. We've recently found out that just having kids due to medical issues might be the real barrier for us and that's definitely a burden that has been tough to deal with.

Paul, best wishes to you and your wife while you get these issued sorted out. I hope everything works out for the best.

Agreed!

^^^^ agreed again, wishing Paul and family the best!

Hey BTW, i guess they are not doing a trip this year?

I have a lot of advice to give people going. It mostly relates around not drinking too much beer before having to sit on a bus with no bathroom in San Diego traffic.

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Just rent a bus with a restroom on it........problem solved.

PXG Bat Attack H

I have a lot of advice to give people going. It mostly relates around not drinking too much beer before having to sit on a bus with no bathroom in San Diego traffic.

I thought they did it every other year, but I was mistaken:

I imagine with the talk of the 2-year product cycles getting back on track it would provide a great opportunity to do another trip next year. I hope for some lucky GolfWRXers that is the case!

Taylormade TP5

I thought they did it every other year, but I was mistaken:

I imagine with the talk of the 2-year product cycles getting back on track it would provide a great opportunity to do another trip next year. I hope for some lucky GolfWRXers that is the case!

I figured they were just so busy prepping to bring us back.

Apex   MB 5-PW $-Taper 

Jones Players Series 003

I think its great that this thread is still active.... It was such a great experience and to be able to keep it going is fun.

There must be a reunion at some point.

I would absolutely be up for a reunion. My biggest regret (my only regret) of the trip was that I didn’t stay up and socialize more. My body just didn’t get use to the time change and I was out like a light early.

Apex   MB 5-PW $-Taper 

Jones Players Series 003

I'll hang out with Matt again anytime, the guy was simply incapable of finishing a plate of fried calamari.

"does anyone want the rest o..."

"Yes!"

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Off to Disneywold with my wife and oldest daughter today..... Wish my wallet luck.

Thanks for the invite. Are you guys staying on property?

Apex   MB 5-PW $-Taper 

Jones Players Series 003

Have fun Bram, so you mean Orlando right? Man that place is an institution, i still remember my dad taking me there where i was like 7-8 years old and being scared of space mountain LOL

I'll try to live vicariously. For the next month all i'm doing is painting walls.

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

For the next month all i'm doing is painting walls.

Damn, you are the worst painter ever and/or have a lot of walls.

Taylormade TP5

For the next month all i'm doing is painting walls.

Damn, you are the worst painter ever and/or have a lot of walls.

:cheesy:

PXG Bat Attack H