Any other hikers, backpackers, campers out there?

One_Putt_Blunder

Was remembering something from a while back and forgot I had these. Grandparents had a little cabin up in the Sierra's near Dodge Ridge Ski resort and Pinecrest lake. Went up for Thanksgiving to celebrate grandmas life and have a family thanksgiving took a hike around grandpa's favorite lake.

Pinecrest lake trails covered in snow.

CVB5YYtU8AAl7Kd.jpg

This one is for the folks that think AZ is always warm New Years Morning 2015. If this happens again I'm calling in sick and grabbing my shoes/cold weather gear and going up to the top. 100% chance wifey calls me crazy and stays home.

CXiOdxNUwAAx426.jpg

Pinecrest is a pretty good lake and campground. Didn't realize it actually got snow. Summertime they serve the biggest soft serve cones I've ever seen.

Very beautiful moe!

Thank you! If yall ever find yourselves in KY I highly recommend the Daniel Boone. Not only is it sprawling, but it has so many natural arches. KY is really beautiful. Here is another from inside the valley.

Taylormade M2 10.5° [color=#0000ff]Graphite Design AD-BB 7x[/color]
Titleist 913 FD 15° [color=#a9a9a9]Diamana 'Ahina 70x[/color]
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron [color=#a9a9a9]Accra 110i[/color]
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW [color=#0000ff]Project X 6.0[/color]
Vokey [color=#000000]Jet Black [/color]SM7 52° 56° 60° [color=#000000]S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx[/color]
Scotty Cameron Newport [color=#daa520]Teryllium[/color] Sole Stamp

Was remembering something from a while back and forgot I had these. Grandparents had a little cabin up in the Sierra's near Dodge Ridge Ski resort and Pinecrest lake. Went up for Thanksgiving to celebrate grandmas life and have a family thanksgiving took a hike around grandpa's favorite lake.

This one is for the folks that think AZ is always warm New Years Morning 2015. If this happens again I'm calling in sick and grabbing my shoes/cold weather gear and going up to the top. 100% chance wifey calls me crazy and stays home.

Pinecrest is a pretty good lake and campground. Didn't realize it actually got snow. Summertime they serve the biggest soft serve cones I've ever seen.

I believe that was an El Nino year but not all that uncommon for Pinecrest to have some snow in winter. Even had a few inches sticking to the ground down in MiWuk Village.

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

I believe that was an El Nino year but not all that uncommon for Pinecrest to have some snow in winter. Even had a few inches sticking to the ground down in MiWuk Village.

MiWuk just triggered my memory! Now it's all flooding back to me (accompanied by Bing maps). I used to pass through MiWuk on my way to Stanislaus National Forest and the high Sierras. Sometimes I would camp down along the S fork Stanislaus river at Frazier Flats. BIG trout in that river. The road going down there was a real kidney bruiser. I remember Pinecrest Lake was a kind of haven of humanity in all that wide open wilderness, all of a sudden there's RVs the cabins everywhere. Sometimes I would keep going up through Strawberry towards the pass and just choose a dirt road to turn off. I had a huge coffee table size trail map I got at the ranger station, without which I would probably still be lost up there.

Man I loved those mountains. Gonna see if I can dig up some pics..

MiWuk just triggered my memory! Now it's all flooding back to me (accompanied by Bing maps). I used to pass through MiWuk on my way to Stanislaus National Forest and the high Sierras. Sometimes I would camp down along the S fork Stanislaus river at Frazier Flats. BIG trout in that river. The road going down there was a real kidney bruiser. I remember Pinecrest Lake was a kind of haven of humanity in all that wide open wilderness, all of a sudden there's RVs the cabins everywhere. Sometimes I would keep going up through Strawberry towards the pass and just choose a dirt road to turn off. I had a huge coffee table size trail map I got at the ranger station, without which I would probably still be lost up there.

Man I loved those mountains. Gonna see if I can dig up some pics..

If it was the ranger station in Mi Wuk you could see my grandparents cabin from there. Is the red one right just past the Christmas tree inn right off Sierra Park, next to the library. Been there since around 1920 or so. 2 owners well now technically 3(uncles own it now) Original owner was a rancher who originally built it and used it as a halfway house for running his cattle up to the high country in the summer.

CUrWr_GVEAAXeK5.jpg

We primarily went in winter for skiing, which going back to what I mentioned earlier about taking things for granted, would have been a great spot to go in summer and camp, hike, fish, 4 wheel etc just never took advantage of it.

Sadly the drought brought in a massive bark beetle infestation and has killed off a lot of the pines. The city/county has gone through and cut a bunch down that were in reach of utility lines. Driving up in winter it was kinda sad to see massive patches of dead trees along 108

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

Benefits of winter too.... Skiing and winter hiking/snowshoeing

Please let me know how amazing my MC Hammer sweatpants are

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Too legit Jeff too legit to quit

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

Sidelined this weekend had a really cool looking 9 mile walk planned for today through some rock formations around an old landslide. Got bit by a black widow sometime on Friday at work been down all day yesterday and today. Not a crazy reaction more medium but enough to have constant hive breakouts and intermittent headaches soreness and flu like feelings. Sadly now been tagged by a brown recluse, scorpion, and black widow. I think that means rattlesnake is next. Damn sure I'll be doing my best to avoid that one.

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

Sidelined this weekend had a really cool looking 9 mile walk planned for today through some rock formations around an old landslide. Got bit by a black widow sometime on Friday at work been down all day yesterday and today. Not a crazy reaction more medium but enough to have constant hive breakouts and intermittent headaches soreness and flu like feelings. Sadly now been tagged by a brown recluse, scorpion, and black widow. I think that means rattlesnake is next. Damn sure I'll be doing my best to avoid that one.

Get better bro. That’s bad luck like a mf

Get better bro. That’s bad luck like a mf

Thanks man as the saying goes if it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all.

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

For God's sake, take care and get better asap.

Sorry to hear get better quick.

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Benefits of winter too.... Skiing and winter hiking/snowshoeing

Please let me know how amazing my MC Hammer sweatpants are

They let you out on the trails looking like that?

Can't touch this...

Be happy he’s repping MC Hammer during the baggy pants era and not the banana hammock era

That day we ski'd a bunch of really hilly trails, skated and snow-shoed.....i put on clothes i literally was going to throw out anyway LOL

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Thanks guys back at work today still feeling it a little, but at least not breaking out in hives anymore. Weird deal never felt the bite was at work and I started to get really itchy then noticed I was breaking out in hives which never happens to me. Latter that night found the bite marks, morning after my blood pressure shot way up, the hives headaches soreness etc. Went to urgent care as it was not bad enough to need anti venom.

Wifey stumbled across this baby rattler Saturday night too.

DOUKPtyUQAEUxvF.jpg

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

Thanks guys back at work today still feeling it a little, but at least not breaking out in hives anymore. Weird deal never felt the bite was at work and I started to get really itchy then noticed I was breaking out in hives which never happens to me. Latter that night found the bite marks, morning after my blood pressure shot way up, the hives headaches soreness etc. Went to urgent care as it was not bad enough to need anti venom.

DOUKPtyUQAEUxvF.jpg

Wow, you really are a magnet for bad luck...wanna go to Vegas?

I'll be on Maui and Oahu in Sept next year if anyone wants to head over. :beach: :beach: Plantation in the morning hike a volcano in the afternoon?

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

DOUKPtyUQAEUxvF.jpg

Wow, you really are a magnet for bad luck...wanna go to Vegas?

Can barely stand the Danger Noodles we have out this way. Can't imagine having to deal with Rattling Nope Ropes. Especially whilst camping. No thank you.

Taylormade M2 10.5° [color=#0000ff]Graphite Design AD-BB 7x[/color]
Titleist 913 FD 15° [color=#a9a9a9]Diamana 'Ahina 70x[/color]
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron [color=#a9a9a9]Accra 110i[/color]
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW [color=#0000ff]Project X 6.0[/color]
Vokey [color=#000000]Jet Black [/color]SM7 52° 56° 60° [color=#000000]S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx[/color]
Scotty Cameron Newport [color=#daa520]Teryllium[/color] Sole Stamp

Well if I am feeling better this weekend and get back out there, here is some more background of that landslide hike I was going to do before I was sidelined. The Marcus landslide happened some 500,000 years ago and was pretty big, actually kinda cool reading more about it while laying in bed.

http://www.azgs.az.gov/MarcusLandslide_2008.shtml

The actual trail itself is rather short and flat ~4 miles round trip to the trail head so I will add 3-4 other trails to complete a bigger 9 mile loop through the boulder fields and another landmark called rock knob.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Marcus+Landslide+Trail,+Scottsdale,+AZ+85255/@33.6875478,-111.7946831,1789m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x872b9c3f51412019:0x101faaffdd3b44c8!8m2!3d33.6877139!4d-111.7885181?hl=en

Once I have this one down I will have completed about 40 of 54.3 miles of trails in the southern area of the preserve. The downside is 7 of the remaining 14 miles cover about 5700 feet of elevation gain and the other are out of the way or part of a much longer hike. Goal is to have the southern section 100% done by new years.

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

Over the years and all the posts you start to form an image of what posters look like. Then they post a picture of themselves, and..............well, you know!

I know, right? Sorry MJ, but my immediate thought was 'he looks remarkably normal'. Maybe that's because I look like Egor without the hump...

Over the years and all the posts you start to form an image of what posters look like. Then they post a picture of themselves, and..............well, you know!

I know, right? Sorry MJ, but my immediate thought was 'he looks remarkably normal'. Maybe that's because I look like Egor without the hump...

Nothing wrong with looking normal! You know how easy it is to commit crimes when you have no distinguishing features?

I put on some weight when i was in my late 20's due to laziness, and i looked a lot like Seth Rogen. So much so in fact that my sister refused to watch "knocked up" because she thought it was weird. I also sound EXACTLY like Seth Rogen, literally my voice is pure Rogany goodness.

So that was a fun time.

Then i got back in shape, and now i look like no one. I had a vendor i work with say i looked like Jason Statham and then apologized. I don't see it at all other than the baldness....but the guy apologized. I was like "Jason Statham????" Id literally kill Jason Statham to look like Jason Statham.

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Can barely stand the Danger Noodles we have out this way. Can't imagine having to deal with Rattling Nope Ropes. Especially whilst camping. No thank you.

I can't stop laughing at your names for snakes. Danger Noodles is my favorite

Finally feeling better a week after the spider bite, think I get back on the trail it tomorrow. Also working on a plan to climb Arizona's highest peak next summer at 12,670 feet it is no 14'er but pretty close.

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

Today's hike. Ended up about 8 miles and 1000 feet of elevation, not very difficult but was a good hike to get my legs back under me after the spider bite. Completely different type of desert up here and the crazy thing is as the crow flies it is only like 6 miles from home and the rocky trails of the opposite side of the mountains. Higher desert grasses and the boulder fields are really cool. The more time I spend out in the desert the more I start to appreciate it's unique beauty and it's ability to kill you

Four Peaks on the left Weavers Needle and the Superstitions on the right.

DO7fWi3VoAAQKYm.jpg

Looking over the landslide debris field and East End Peak ~4070 feet

DO7dsh4UMAUSm1s.jpg

Submarine Rock

DO7i0w2V4AAJZWF.jpg

What is holding up Submarine Rock

DO7i5lBVAAAR812.jpg

DO8Ey3gUEAAalpu.jpg

DO8Ex0BU8AAQmzf.jpg

Another really unique balancing rock formation on the ridge

DO8G8NzUEAA7p7l.jpg

Closer look at the boulder field from the slide some of the bigger boulders are 1-2 million pounds and look like they could give way at any moment.

DO8G6jZUQAAdyxm.jpg

DO8Hg_4V4AA_HMz.jpg

If you look close you can see the rock climbers on the face of the rock

DO7qFuKVwAAayG4.jpg

Mother nature has a sense of humor

DO7mtKmUIAA6qzH.jpg

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120