2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

MACHINE Putters Picture Thread

DB MACHINE

• 1 month later...

Anybody see that the value of Machines on ebay is in massive decline? I thought about picking one up, but was worried about their authenticity. Now that I look at the DLR site though, it appears that the back drop for the ebay images is identical. Only issue is, a lot of these appear to have finish flaws or questionable mods. (I.E. a welded on plumbers neck, when there is clearly a machined hole in the sole for an interchangeable neck.) Any chance these are authentic and DLR is just trying to unload surplus stock to generate funds?

I believe they are authentic--the primary seller (not sure if I can use the username or not) is a legitimate Machine dealer.

Just a theory, but I think the primary reason many of these are being sold for cheaper prices is because they reflect overstock from the shop. Many are being sold as used, so I would guess they were used for fittings, etc. Many don't come with covers, and good luck getting extra weights, etc. at this point. Again, just a theory.

Anybody see that the value of Machines on ebay is in massive decline? I thought about picking one up, but was worried about their authenticity. Now that I look at the DLR site though, it appears that the back drop for the ebay images is identical. Only issue is, a lot of these appear to have finish flaws or questionable mods. (I.E. a welded on plumbers neck, when there is clearly a machined hole in the sole for an interchangeable neck.) Any chance these are authentic and DLR is just trying to unload surplus stock to generate funds?

there have always been garage and ART putters from machine that feature welded necks..... welded up weight ports etc... I had a steam punk with a welded longneck, and welded on flange with welded up weight ports...Hand stamping etc.... Ive seen the ones your talking about on ebay... they are 100% legit and a great value ...

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

there have always been garage and ART putters from machine that feature welded necks..... welded up weight ports etc... I had a steam punk with a welded longneck, and welded on flange with welded up weight ports...Hand stamping etc.... Ive seen the ones your talking about on ebay... they are 100% legit and a great value ...

Bladehunter -

I know that they've done the welded items, but typically with their welded necks I've never seen the recess milled into the sole for the neck screw. These just look like they were done as an after thought.

Bladehunter -

I know that they've done the welded items, but typically with their welded necks I've never seen the recess milled into the sole for the neck screw. These just look like they were done as an after thought.

I just bought one from fast_greens and met him and he said he's an authorized dealer, works with Dave at DLR a few days a week, and also works at Clubfinders Golf Shop. He even helped me with a hosel I was looking for, so all seemed legit to me.

I just bought one from fast_greens and met him and he said he's an authorized dealer, works with Dave at DLR a few days a week, and also works at Clubfinders Golf Shop. He even helped me with a hosel I was looking for, so all seemed legit to me.

He's legit, and I wouldn't have any qualms about ordering from his eBay. However, I had him facilitate a custom putter over the summer and it was the absolute WORST experience ever. It took nearly 3 months to get everything I was owed, including multiple mistakes and forgotten items (I still don't have the correct medallion screws). By the time I got the blank medallion I originally was promised, I was so utterly sick of dealing with his sh*tty communication that I didn't even bother to bring up the fact that it DOESN'T match the putter (as he promised it would).

Don't get me wrong though; The putter itself is a thing of stunning beauty, and Dave continues to do great work, but until he hires someone with actual customer service skills to run his business, he's doomed.

I have no doubt that you get what you see from those eBay listings, but if you dare to ask for anything even slightly custom... BEWARE!

Yeah I still don't have my two putters I sent him in May-17 after multiple promises. Originally quoted a 6-8 week turnaround time.

Have you reached out to Chris on here? He posted a few posts above yours and I think he is still sort of affiliated with Machine and maybe could help.

Hate to see what this has become as I've owned a few machines (bought well before the troubles started and were both great experiences) as Dave was pumping out IMHO the best and most innovative custom works available

• 1 year later...

Little thread revival. Don't care that the business is most likely done for Dave. I know I just tried selling this but decided to keep it in the bag for a while. Anyone else still have some cool Machine putters?

tcjl2z6uwexi.jpg

Callaway Paradym Driver

Callaway Paradym 3w

Callaway Rogue 4H
Srixon ZX MKII combo 4-A
Cleveland RTX 6 54, 58
Swag Boss

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

> @CarlSpackler910D3 said:

> Little thread revival. Don't care that the business is most likely done for Dave. I know I just tried selling this but decided to keep it in the bag for a while. Anyone else still have some cool Machine putters?

>

> tcjl2z6uwexi.jpg

>

thats sweet and I have had a few but sold them all! I want another one though!

Ping G430 10.5° LST Ping Tour 2.0 Black

Titleist TSR2 15° HZRDUS Black

Titleist TSR3 19° HZRDUS Black

PXG Gen5T 4-GW KBS Tour Stiff

Mizuno T24 56 & 60 S400

Piretti GOAT

I still have 4 and love them. A couple are damascus and 1 a big bore.

Drivers : Callaway Paradym Sanki Planarian - Ginnico Black Star Arch-KaMs 16509 - TRPX S-013 Xanadu - Waccine Wac LS-01 COA Rolling Angel
FW : Ping G425 14.5*/17.5* Arch-Kams WL/WH-01 - PRGR HD 14.5*/CarrysQ 16.5*/19* Crazy Boron Two Tree

UTs : Ping G425 19* Arch-Kams UTR - PRGR CarrysQ 20*/24* COA U-294 Beretta
Irons : Grind Studio Proto - Itobori MXH - Titleist CNCPT02 - Tourstage MR-23 US Spec
Wedges : Artisan - Grind Studio- JP Premier
Putters : Benock - BPutters - Ingles - Lajosi - Low Tide - Machine - MackMade - Mannkrafted - Masda Gold'sFactory - Nead - Swag - TP Mills - Xenon

Just started using my machine again after getting the head re-plated with copper and 9 gram tungsten derby weights. Not sure of exact weight but feels a bit heavier than my T.P. Mills custom at 358g. Has a true temper black gold 2 iron shaft.

Sim 9° | Rogue Silver 125msi 60ts
Mavrik SZ 15° | Atmos TS Blue 7s
818H2 19° | Atmos TS Blue 8s

718 T-MB 4i | AMT White s300
718 AP2 5 - GW | DG120 s300 
X Forged 54.14, 58.10 | KBS Tour 125 
Toulon Las Vegas | TP Mills Custom Trad II

> @kmbean said:

> I still have not received my M10 I sent in to Dave to have some neck work done. Still can’t believe he stole a $500 putter from me.

You got off easy. I spoke with a friend of mine, just yesterday morning who has been out $3000 for a pair of customs he ordered right before the whole court filing happened.

Count your blessings.

LaMont in AZ

> @golfluvzme said:

> > @kmbean said:

> > I still have not received my M10 I sent in to Dave to have some neck work done. Still can’t believe he stole a $500 putter from me.

>

> You got off easy. I spoke with a friend of mine, just yesterday morning who has been out $3000 for a pair of customs he ordered right before the whole court filing happened.

> Count your blessings.

> LaMont in AZ

So he didn't use a credit card or paypal? And refuse the payment?? Stuff like this makes no sense to me in this 2019 day in age

Ping G430 10.5° LST Ping Tour 2.0 Black

Titleist TSR2 15° HZRDUS Black

Titleist TSR3 19° HZRDUS Black

PXG Gen5T 4-GW KBS Tour Stiff

Mizuno T24 56 & 60 S400

Piretti GOAT

Have you tried contacting him recently?

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 Tour 3 Fairway 15.0D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7x) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 85tx)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
:titleist:Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2 33.5" - Lamkin Deep Etched Cord

Sept 6th,2019 i received a text Travis would be shipping my putters that week. On October 16th i texted back asking for shipping information and once again, total silence. My orders were placed Spring 2015/2016(cant remember at this point in time) right when he was in the midst of "reorganizing"..... Long story short, paypal would not refund me $$ as the deadline was 180 days.. problem was, i kept getting "almost done" teaser pics plus warm and fuzzy emails that kept me calm.. In any case, its been a s**** show with no putters in hand and out $ 2800/$2900... have a great weekend everyone !

> @viking_norway said:

> Sept 6th,2019 i received a text Travis would be shipping my putters that week. On October 16th i texted back asking for shipping information and once again, total silence. My orders were placed Spring 2015/2016(cant remember at this point in time) right when he was in the midst of "reorganizing"..... Long story short, paypal would not refund me $$ as the deadline was 180 days.. problem was, i kept getting "almost done" teaser pics plus warm and fuzzy emails that kept me calm.. In any case, its been a s**** show with no putters in hand and out $ 2800/$2900... have a great weekend everyone !

Small claims court time?

In my experience (and yes, I had direct experience with this several years ago) you have to keep bugging and threatening until you get it resolved to your satisfaction. BTW...no one will help, no matter how much they post in this thread that they will help. Trust me, I reached out to everyone and got nothing. Law enforcement and legal connections are probably your best bet on this one. Good luck everyone.

I wonder if Dave's legal team advised him to keep the putters. Not defending him or knowing anything, but he just seemed like such a nice guy. I bought at least 5 machine putters from him and only the last one was a big issue. I luckily got it and sold it right away as i hated it. I guess Dave over the years seemed like such a humble and honest guy that it surprises me he kept so many putters on his own terms

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 Tour 3 Fairway 15.0D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7x) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 85tx)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
:titleist:Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2 33.5" - Lamkin Deep Etched Cord

Is this them? If they are still in a Bankruptcy there may be complications with things I suppose.. but there also may be recourse. Unless you are comfortable with doing the leg work though, you'll probably going to want to consult with an attorney.

Dogleg Right Partners, LP

COURT

Texas Eastern Bankruptcy Court

CASE NUMBER

4:16-bk-40885

TYPE / CHAPTER

Voluntary / 11

The more stories I hear regarding this fiasco, the more I am glad that got rid of my Machine at the time I did. Truly disappointed in how Dave handled his difficulties as I formerly had a high opinion of his work and liked him as a person.

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

> @Dpavs said:

> Is this them? If they are still in a Bankruptcy there may be complications with things I suppose.. but there also may be recourse. Unless you are comfortable with doing the leg work though, you'll probably going to want to consult with an attorney.

>

> Dogleg Right Partners, LP

> COURT

> Texas Eastern Bankruptcy Court

> CASE NUMBER

> 4:16-bk-40885

> TYPE / CHAPTER

> Voluntary / 11

Hello,

Bankruptcy was voluntary discharged within 100 days.

I'm back now and most people here know who I am and will be helping. Please dont hesitate to contact me at [email protected] and I'll be glad to answer any questions I can.

Thanks

Chris