For you guys asking for a help in picking a shaft!

joey3108

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How often you play in a month? Once or twice, unfortunately

How often you practice in a month? Rarely

How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? I'm about a 4 or 5, when I am on I hit it like a scratch player but I am inconsistent

What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? 7.2 GHIN

What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? Driver when not hitting a slice

Iron fitting Questionnaire:

1. Have you had a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? Loft? No, i typically play irons 2 degrees upright and +0.50 inches from a rec when I was in HS.

2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please! CALLAWAY X22 TOUR STEEL IRONS 3-PW. PLUS HALF INCH, 2 DEGREES UPRIGHT. GRIPS ARE BUILT UP W TWO WRAPS. Dynamic Gold S300 shafts.

3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers (detail)? what brand of machine? No I have not

4. What is your existing complain on your current set up? I feel like my irons are whippy and I miss with blocks or cuts to the left ( I am left handed). Also, I hit them way too high.

5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem? I think I would like shafts I can control with my quick tempo and a lower ball flight.

6. What do you prefer to see on your ball flight? higher or lower? draw or fade? Lower, draw with my irons.

7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day? I hit the ball very high

8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where? Left side miss, also, i tend to hit the ball on average closer to the toe than to the heel. Again, I am left handed.

9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter? High ball hitter

10. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? High fade is more comfortable, But i want a lower ball flight and less of a fade

11. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )? I hit my 5 iron 200-210 yards, mostly all carry.

12. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players 34"

13. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players 39"

14. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) XL; 8 "; 3.5"

15. How tall are you? 6'3"

16. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker? medium to shallow

17. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players? Phil Mickelson

18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How is your shaft loading factor on your down swing? Quick tempo, unsure

Titleist 915 D3 - Fujikura Pro 73 Tour Spec X
Titleist 917f - Tour AD DI 7s
Adams XTD DHy 3 - KBS C Taper Lite S

Callaway Apex Utility 24 - Aerotech i110 XStiff
Ping s55 5 thru P - Modus 105x
TaylorMade R Series - 52, 56, 60 - Modus 120x
Odyssey White Hot XG #7

Hi Joe: Thanks a million for doing this. Very generous.

Briefly before the questionnaire: 64-years-old, been playing since I was 13. I'm happy with my driver (TaylorMade 200 Steel, Lite s-90 shaft) and my wedges (Ping Glide, CFS Wedge shafts) but my irons are old and I can't hit them anymore. Ping Eye 2 knock-offs (Tour Model II's, Apollo AP-44 shafts, S flex.) 7 iron swing speed = 78-80 mph. It was measured at a Callaway fitting I had two days ago. My biggest problem right now is I'm older with a stiffer back and have been hitting a lot of fat shots - something I never did when I was younger. Have also lost about 10 yards on each iron. The Callaway guys settled on the Mamiya Recoil 760 ES F3 shaft (68 gs) with Apex heads. It felt really nice and gave me back my distance but the Apex/Mamiya setup is kind of expensive for me so I'm looking for alternatives. I appreciate any help.

How often you play in a month? 3-4 times

How often you practice in a month? 8-12 times at the range. It's a full practice range so I get to work on short game, too.

How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. 8-9

What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? 15. Not sure the system. My local course worked it up for me when I started entering tourneys.

What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? Wedges, putting, driving, in that order.

1. Have you had a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? Loft? Yes. Everything standard.

2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please! Ping Eye 2 knock-offs. Tour Model II's, Apollo AP-44 shafts, S flex, low kickpoint.

3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers (detail)? what brand of machine?DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA.

4. What is your existing complain on your current set up? Can't hit them consistently anymore. Lost distance. Everything goes high right whereas I used to have a very reliable high draw.

5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem? Want to get back lost distance, find more consistency, stop chili-dipping.

6. What do you prefer to see on your ball flight? higher or lower? draw or fade? High draw.

7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day? High draw.

8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where? High right. When I don't hit it fat I usually it it square.

9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter? High ball.

10. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? High draw.

11. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )? Five years ago 5 iron was 170 yards. Now it's 160. Don't know 5 iron SS. 7 iron = 78-80mph.

12. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players 31 inches

13. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players 33.5 inches

14. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) Large. 7.9 inches. 3.5 inches

15. How tall are you? 5'11"

16. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker? Medium

17. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players? Matt Kuchar. It's kind of flat.

18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How is your shaft loading factor on your down swing? Medium, smooth. Don't know.

Thank you!

General questionnaire ( A must for all fitting) :

How often you play in a month?

How often you practice in a month?

Swing Everyday

How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency.

What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using?

12.6 The Grint

What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter?

Irons, Putter

1. Have you had a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? Loft?

no

2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please!

King Cobra II Oversize, Standard Set Up, Shafts IQ System Regular Graphite Shaft

3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers

7 Iron Club Head Speed 83-90

4. What is your existing complain on your current set up?

Distance, Age, Need Stiffer Shaft

5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem?

More Distance

6. What do you prefer to see on your ball flight? higher or lower? draw or fade?

Higher, Draw

7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day?

Straight

8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where?

Left Pulled, Don’t have a tendency to miss one side in particular, sweet spot is fine

9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter?

Medium

10. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade?

Not sure, just try to hit it straight, would like a draw

11. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )?

5 iron 175 do not know swing speed

12. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players

28.5 inches

13. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players

31.5 inches

14. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer)

Medium Glove, longest finger 3.5

15. How tall are you?

5’6

16. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker?

Shallow

17. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players?

not sure

18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How is your shaft loading factor on your down swing?

Medium, no problems loading

I have been playing golf for 2.5 years now, 18 years old, 12.6 handicap.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for doing this. I hope I have provided you with enough info to generate some good shaft fit suggestions for my swing. I understand if you come back with a tour spec, $300 shaft, as beggers can’t be choosers, but I would really appreciate some lower price point shaft options if you see a potential fit in the lower price range.

How often you play in a month? 2-4 times

How often you practice in a month? 2-4 times (additional to the 2-4 rounds)

How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. (7.5)

What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? 3, no system – just know I average around 75, breaking par some and shooting 80 every now and then, as well

What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? Driver

Driver fitting questionnaire:

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please. Callaway Epic SZ 10.5* set to 9.5* with a 45” playing length Grafalloy BiMatrix Tour Prototype X flex.

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? Smooth tempo with an average to heavier load

3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? 8.5 with driver, this is the strength of my game and I am quite consistent

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? I am hitting this club where I aim it, and actually driving it very well. The issue is that it is far too high of a ball flight with what I imagine to be too much spin. I am still driving the ball 300+ consistently, but at time I will fly it 290-300 and have no roll out at all because of the launch angle and spin rate (again, assuming on the spin rate). Ideally, I would like a slightly lighter shaft from a feel perspective and one that can really handle high SS when I go after it. I swing around 110-112, but up around 120 when I go after it once or twice around on my home course.

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST! DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA. NO

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? I am hoping to achieve similar feel, but a slightly lighter shaft that delivers lower launch angles and spin rates. I prefer a flashier shaft (current BiMatrix is pink, a la Bubba Watson). Also want a shaft that fights against misses to the left side of the course.

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? I miss on the face occasionally, but no real consistent area of the face – I am pretty consistent at finding the center of the clubface with a driver in hand. My typical miss is a huge block out to the right (right handed player), or a draw that gets out of control and goes way left with a hook spin.

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? Natural ball flight is pretty high with a slight draw. Prefer to work the ball R-L, but play L-R shots a few times per round as well.

9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? High Draw

10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? Northwest Florida – Hot, sunny and hugely humid environments with lots of Bermuda grass.

11. Body build and postures? height? etc. 6’0, 210 lbs. Slightly flatter swing plane than should be in an ideal world. Pretty athletic posture, but tend to get slightly hunched over when I get lazy

12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) ML glove size. 7 ½” wrist to longest finger, 3 ¼” longest finger

13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be?

14. etc. The more the better it become Being honest, my swing is most similar to Zach Johnson. Prefer it to be more like Dustin Johnson but hey, we can’t always get what we want.

• 4 weeks later...

How often you play in a month? 8-10 rounds during summer

How often you practice in a month? 8-10

How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? 7

What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? 14 USGA

What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? Iron

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) RocketBallz,9.5 but adjusted to lowest setting, Stiff flex, Standard length and swing weight

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? Quick and heavy

3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? Currently trying to incorporate a swing change to combat slice. Still about 7 with the swing. Decent swing speed with an average of 275yards on the launch monitor

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? Launch too high

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) Not with the current driver

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? Lower the ball flight to increase distance

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? Slice

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good?Straight

9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? High, Fade

10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? Currently in Minneapolis, so decently hard ground

11. Body build and postures? height? etc. About 5ft8in, average build.

12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) 23

13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be?

14. etc. The more the better it become.

Hello Joe!.

Looking at new irons, Cobra F7 One's and I am a little unsure of shaft.

How often you play in a month? 4-6

How often you practice in a month? 15

How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. 8

What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? 12, self calculated but have not updated in a while

What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? Wedge

1. Have you had a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? Loft? Yes, I play +1/2 and 1 deg. upright, stock loft

2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please! B'stone J40 DPC, PX 6.0 flighted, soft stepped once

3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers (detail)? what brand of machine?DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA.

4. What is your existing complain on your current set up? Can feel board'y at times, moving to new irons and same shaft not offered.

5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem? New irons do not have this shaft option

6. What do you prefer to see on your ball flight? higher or lower? draw or fade? Height is fine, but looking for more of a draw, new clubs will have more offset

7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day? High with a slight fade

8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where? To the right, sweet spot to heel

9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter? High ball hitter

10. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? High, fade

11. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )? 180ish, 86 mph

12. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players 30 in,

13. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players 35in

14. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) Large/XL depending on make, 4.5in, 3.5in

15. How tall are you? 6'2"

16. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker? Shallow

17. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players? Harris English

18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How is your shaft loading factor on your down swing? Smooth, medium tempo, tend to load more on transition.

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

Callaway Fusion 3 Wood Recoil S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

Joe,

Random question on shaft/head combo with regards to a neg attack angle for the driver. I currently use a 10.5 M2 with a Rogue black 70tx. My spin is normally always above 2800 and I'm done trying to adjust my swing to hit up/level with my driver. I feel good about my overall game, but some tweaks with my driver is something I'm interested in doing. I've read with some pros (sergio) that have neg AoA they counter that with a lower than normal launch.

Now obviously I'm not sergio but what would be your advice? - would I be better off trying a lower lofted head, or lower launching shaft, or both. My current launch is around 12-13 degrees and I would like to get that down under 10. I would like to hear your thoughts. Thanks

Hello Joe!.

Looking to upgrade my iron shafts, currently gaming RSI2's with 90G Stiff shafts

How often you play in a month? Pretty well every day or other day

How often you practice in a month? Same as above

How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. 7-8

What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? Golf Canada factor of 7.1

What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? Irons, Wedges

1. Have you had a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? Loft? No

2. What is the existing set up specs and shaft, etc? Detail please! RSI2, standard lofts, lies, with stock 90G Stiff KBS shafts. (bought off the shelf)

4. What is your existing complain on your current set up? Ball tends to pull draw, miss is a thin shot with higher irons. Tend to strike out of toe.

5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem? Able to hit fades and avoid this misses. (Can easily hit fades with all other clubs)

6. What do you prefer to see on your ball flight? higher or lower? draw or fade? I prefer a higher ball flight, I tend to have a natural draw so it is easier for me to shape the ball that way.

7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day? High with a slight draw

8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where? Either a pull draw or a block left. (left-handed). I feel toe more often than heel.

10. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? High, draw

11. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )? Carry 195-200. Driver SS is 104 ish (don't have an idea on 5iron speed, sorry)

12. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players? 31 in

13. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players 35in

14. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) Mens Medium, 6in

15. How tall are you? 6'0

16. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker? Deep/medium with low irons, shallow to none with high irons

17. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players? Not sure

18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How is your shaft loading factor on your down swing? Fast, quick tempo (sometimes too fast pulling up leading to thin shots/blocks), tendancy is to get hands ahead of ball at impact too far. I am unsure on shaft loading factor.

Thank you very much!!!

How often you play in a month? 2-3 times (goal 18 once a week)

How often you practice in a month? 2-3 times a month (goal range once a week)

How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. 5

What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? High/Unknown - just started playing again haven't broken 100 yet. Best score ever was 88

What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? Short game

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please. Ping G 10.5 Standard 45.75" Tour 65 Stiff

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? Smooth/Heavy

3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? 5 - Inconsistent

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? Inconsistent. Hook. Frequent Duffing

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST! DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA. NO

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? I want to try a shorter driver shaft to increase consistency

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? Occasionally hit off Toe probably from over swinging

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? My good hits are a nice draw with 275-300+ distance

9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? High/Draw. Lower would be better though with the wind here.

10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? Dry, high desert. Albuquerque New Mexico

11. Body build and postures? height? etc. 5'6" 190lbs WTF I believe is 34"

12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) Med/Large - Right handed

13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? I don't care what it looks like I would just like to get off the teebox as the rest of my game is decent

I have been fighting a hook for the majority of my life. The longer the club the worse it gets. My irons 7 through wedge are pretty solid with little to no draw.

I have been experimenting with choking up on my driver and 18/22deg hybrids and the results have been pretty drastic. Still lacking consistency but ball striking has been improved. My 18deg hybrid is the best club in my bag I can hit it 200-220 pretty consistently, however I do get hooks fairly often and almost always a draw. I never slice/fade.

The last round I could not get off the teebox to save my life. I had one good drive through 14 holes and that was on hole #1. On hole #15 I was doing some practice swings while waiting and I played with changing my left (lead) hand turning it more to the left (counter clockwise) which I believe is making my grip weaker? This had a drastic change and I smashed my next two drives straight ~300yards with a slight draw. It felt downright awkward however I think I just need to practice more with this change and the comfort level will come.

I am more than willing to give up some distance for consistency. I have done a lot of forum searching and I see a lot of people have had good results playing shorter length drivers.

As an experiment I would like to try a shorter driver shaft in my Ping G. I am not quite sure where to start with this as far as length, weight, stiffness, etc. I was thinking of maybe using a Ping G 3w shaft in my driver if that is an option? I believe I need to get a heavier shaft if I go this route? Or could I put a heavier weight in my driver head?

I would like to keep the cost down since this may be another failed experiment.

• 2 weeks later...

How often you play in a month? 2-3 times.

How often you practice in a month? I practice about ~6 hours at the range 2-3 times a week, short game ~1-2 hours a week, and putting about 3-4 hours a week.

How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. 8

What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? Unknown but I shoot 75-79 usually. Depends on the track and familiarity.

What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? Anything 140 and in and I'm throwing lawn darts!

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please. Callaway X2Hot w/ stock Aldila 55-S cut down to 44.25. Supposedly it's at a C7 swingweight LOL! Loft is 9 degrees but is set at -1 N making it 8 degrees supposedly. The shaft CPM is 250 and FM is 6.1.

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? I am told I am smooth and am slightly above average on the loading but barely.

3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? 8 - mostly hit out near the center/toe for driver.

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? Can't feel the club as it is too light and over hooking.

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST! DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA. With my current driver my average clubhead speed is 111, ball speed 163, launch angle of 13.9, spin rate of 3200, carry 268, total 284, landing angle 44.9, dyn loft 15.9, club path -0.8, face angle -2.0. This was taken about a day ago while I was sick. Undergoing swing changes as well.

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? Better dispersion on misses and a shaft that doesn't feel like a wet noodle.

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? Usually it's the over draw or over slicing it from user error/setup/etc. For the draw it's too much hip rotation/stuck on the downswing and for the slice it's ball position and not properly releasing the club.

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? Medium ball flight with a slight draw usually 290ish with 20-25 yards of roll.

9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? Atm low draw but the swing changes recently it's the high fade/slice.

10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? Humid public munis. New Haven, CT.

11. Body build and postures? height? etc. 6'0'' 205 lbs. (overweight! lol) althetic, ex college baseball/lacrosse player.

12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) FJ Pure Touch Men's Regular L. 7.75-8 inches from wrist to longest finger.

13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? Charlie Hoffman.

Took up the game of golf again about 3 years ago after ditching it back in 2000. Started taking lessons about 2 years ago and have quickly progressed to a mid 70s golfer. Fast learner and could be a lot better if I focused on my health more.

The driver for me has always been a quest for the shaft and not the head as weird as it sounds. I really don't believe that heads have progressed as much as shafts and balls have. Have always played drivers that were stock off the rack options that I modified. I regrip all clubs myself and have basic entry level knowledge about clubs and how they work etc.

I'm typically a monster off the tee and am pretty consistent. I don't care too much about missing the fairway as I do about the quality of my misses. I don't have any issues of knowing my limits and laying up or pitching out and taking my medicine. So typically I don't get emotional on the golf course.

As far as swings go I was 109-111 swing speed but have known to get it to 115ish recently but also dip to 105-107 when tired. Like I said previously I am going through swing changes for the better and they are really transforming my game.

For me atm I am just looking for good quality shaft options that focus on stability/forgiveness if I had to choose and probably in X-Stiff for either the Callaway Epic SZ or the PING G400 LST in probably a ~8-9 degree setting.

Thanks!

Answer: you'll need and x flex stiffer tip design shaft with mid to mid high kick point shaft. Need a proper swingweight adjustment too.

Help question...

Sorry for the long comment but I feel the detail will help with any response you might share.

I am a newer golfer, I bought a set of clubs on eBay and I realize I need to be fitted. Here is my question:

The 51 degree wedges seems much heavier than the 7 iron (shafts are KBS tour stiff, not sure of weight). With the wedges I notice that I find it easier to use my body as I turn to square the class the club face. With the 7 iron, which feels so much lighter, I find it harder to swing as I tend to use my arms too much. Based on my 7 iron swing speed (mostly arm swinging) of approximately 75mph o guess I need reg flex...but really seemed to swing smoother and better with the really heavy feeling 51 degree stiff flex. Should I ask a fitter to try a really heavy reg flex shaft? Is there such a thing? I have xp 95 shafts in another set and they feel a lot lighter than the 51 degree shaft. Thank you!!

• 2 months later...

How often you play in a month? 4 times a month

How often you practice in a month? 3 to 4 times a week

How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. (7.5)

What is your handicap now? 11.7 What handicap system are they/you using? The Grint

What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? Irons, Wedges, and Putter

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please. Ping G LST 10.5, Ping Tour 80 x-flex at 44.5in long shaft.

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Quick Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? Heavy

3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? Driver 5.5 out of 10 where is your striking ability? Since switching to a shorter shaft it has improved to mostly center. When I miss it's generally high and to the toe.

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? Shaft feels dead and like i'm not getting the pop out of it i should. I don't feel like with my ability/consistency with all other clubs in my bag, I should be as bad of a driver of the golf ball as I am. The driver is where my scores go up.

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST! DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA. I have not been put on anything with this current set up. I do know my swing speed is 105 to 110.

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? I would like to find the consistency i'm getting with this set up but with a better feel and smash factor.

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? High hooks Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? Yes where? High and towards the toe

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? Mid/Low is what i like to see. This is more Mid/High

9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Mid/Low Draw or Fade? Draw to straight

10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Dry and Fast Where are you from? Kansas City, MO

11. Body build and postures? height? etc. 6'3, 200 lbs. Athletic posture with an up right swing

12. What is your glove size? Medium What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? 7 1/2 wrist to finger and 3 1/2 longest finger (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) Left for RH golfer

13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? I've been told my swing looks like Justin Rose at least who do you like it to be? Would love to look like Tiger 2000 swing

14. etc. The more the better it become. I have the Fujikura Motore Speeder Tour Spec VC 8.2 x-flex in my Ping G 15 degree 3wood and the Fujikura Motore Speeder Tour Spec HB 8.8 x-flex in my 19 degree hybrid. I absolutely love these shafts. I was fitted for these shafts in 2012 with the Nike Covert line at a highly respected fitter in the Kansas City area. At the same time I was fitted for the Nike Covert Tour driver with the Fujikura Speeder 757 in x-flex. We also tried the Motor Speeder Tour Spec VC 7.2 in the driver but weren't getting as good of numbers with it as the Speeder 757. The combo of the Nike Tour Covert and 757 was never good. I updated to the 2nd addition of the Nike Tour Covert that was 460 cc with the same Speeder shaft, this combo was better but still not great. Last year I went to a Ping day at my home course and tried the Ping G LST in the Ping Tour 65 stiff flex standard length. I was hitting it 20 yards longer with better dispersion, so I sold my Nike Tour Cover with the Speeder 757 and got the Ping. I had a honey moon period where I hit it great. Then this year rolled around and the hooks came back into play, while hitting all other clubs in the bag great. Then recently borrowed the current Ping Tour 80 x-flex at 44.5in i'm playing. I truly believe i'm not getting all out of my driver that I can when I compare it to my other clubs. I've listed below some shafts i'm very curious about trying in my Ping G and would very much appreciate your thoughts, ideas, and feed back.

Shafts of interest

Matrix Tour Only Platinum Ozik MFS 60 or 70 M4 Black tie

Matrix Ozik 6M3 or 7M3 Black tie

Fujikura Motore Speeder Tour Spec VC 7.2 - Since I love it in my 3wood and hybrid so much.

Fujikura Speeder 757 or 665 - Maybe it was the Nike Cover head that I didn't like about this shaft

How often you play in a month? 10 to 15 times a month

How often you practice in a month? 4 to 6 times

How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. Around 8.5 with irons

What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? GHIN 5.4

What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? Irons and putter.

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please. 8.5* Cobra Bio Cell Pro (fade setting). Matrix Ozik 6Q3 Red Tie x-stiff cut down to 44 inches I believe. Also a Cally big Bertha 2014 model 8.5 (neutral setting) weight set for low spin and 7 g weight out at toe with Diamana Whiteboard (80g I think) extra stiff.

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? Smooth with what I’d call a mid-load

3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? Around 7 with driver

4. What is the problem w/ the existing set up? Cobra: FEEL. Driver feels light and shaft “feels” like I’m not loading it at all/very stiff. Low launch, low spin but longest combo I’ve played. Cally: SPIN. mid launch, high spin. Feel is better but still not ideal. Most drives around 265 with both but will occasionally hit the Cobra in the 270-280 range.

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? No not with these clubs.

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? Feel and performance of current 3 wood set-up (see below)

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? Pushes to the right. My ball marks average center to high on clubface but between center and toe.

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? Straight to slight draw. Mid height.

9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? mid draw

10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? Soft fairways in Alabama. Lots of rain, rarely have firm fairways.

11. Body build and postures? height? etc. 6’1 215, muscular build but carrying a little extra weight with long arms.

12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer)7.5’’ wrist to finger tip, 3.3’’ longest finger (prefer a mid-size grip)

13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? It looks probably like no one, would like for it to look like Stenson.

14. etc. The more the better it become. On the launch monitors at the PGA Superstore I average between 114 and 117 SS with multiple drivers. Tried different ones in stiff/x-stiff and averaged around 265 carry usually, (high launch, high spin numbers I was told) with very little roll. I have a Cobra Bio Cell+ 3 wood with and Aldila Vs Proto By You 70g x-stiff shaft Set at neutral 12* that is probably the best feeling and performing club I’ve ever hit. Feels heavier overall than driver. Shaft feels firm/heavy but I feel like I’m loading it. Heads feel solid at impact (also most like a block of wood). Smooth swing with this club off the tee is giving me around 240 or more carry and close to 260 total. Mid flight with straight to slight draw ball flight. Can get more out of it with a more aggressive swing. It is only 10 or so yards shorter than my normal drives. I’d love for my driver to have the same feel and possible increase in performance. Was wondering if I put same shaft in Cobra driver if I’d might see similar performance?

Cobra Bio Cell Pro
Cobra Bio Cell+ 3 wood
Mizuno MP-5 irons
Mizuno MP-R 54*, 60*
Odyssey White Ice 1

• 3 weeks later...

8-10 times

12-15

How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency.

7 USGA

Irons / full wedges

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please.

1A. Callaway BB16 , Fujikura 665 Speeder X-Stiff , standard Length

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?

2A. Pretty smooth swing I feel , my normal miss is an overcooked fade or a dead pull

3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking abili

3A. with Driver probably 6-7 , I find myself hitting 3 wood alot , which is fine for around my local courses I guess

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up

4A. I have inconsistent misses and ball contact

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST! DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA.

5a. Using Trackman 4 , did trackman combine -- these were NOT very good swings , but theres 6 of them and it demonstrates my issues , depending on my warmup / stretching im between 108-115 clubhead speed.

Clubspeed 110

Smash Factor 143

Ball speed 158.6

Launch Angle 11.4

Launch DIR -.3

RPM 2854

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up

6A. More consistency / accuracy

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?

7A normal miss is a heel shot , when I am playing bad bad bad I am hitting pull hooks on occasion

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good?

8A. Pull fade is my stock good shot , medium trajectory

9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade

9A. I generally have trouble getting high drivers , stock shape is a fade , can hit a pull/draw if it calls for it

10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from

10A . North Eastern resort courses primarily , alot of woods on one of the courses which is problematic for me , location is VT

11. Body build and postures? height? etc.

11A 6'3 Athletic , I try to have a pretty upright posture with not a TON of knee bend

12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer)

12A Large glove , 3.5" finger , 8" hand , right handed

13A , I have been trying to mimic Xander Schauffele's Swing , or Jordan spieth also with not a giant past parallel swing and more of a weak grip

1. Have you had a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? Loft

1A . Yes - depending on the club I am normally recommended 1-2* upright & .5" long over standard

2A. I have 2 sets , ADAMS XTD Forged 5-PW , .5" long in KBS Tour X stiff , soft stepped once

2nd set is MIURA 501CB with DGX100 Tour issue , standard L/L

3A Trackman 4 , Ping iBlade with X100 S/S - 7iron , 91-93mph clubhead , 1.29-1.34 smash factor , carry 173 spin 7100 average

4. What is your existing complain on your current set up?

4A . KBS Tour X stiff shafts seem to balloon an immense amount when in the wind , on a non windy day they are really beautiful but when its windy cause 3-4 club distance variation , also a little more dispersion than i would like

5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem?

5A looking for better dispersion , MUCH better performance in the wind

6. What do you prefer to see on your ball flight? higher or lower? draw or fade

6A I prefer a high ball flight but as I have progressed , I can now HIT a high ball or a low ball , my stock shot is a high fade, sometimes a little AGGRESSIVE FADE more than I want

7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day?

7A high 5yard fades

8. Which side is your mistake tendency? left or right side? any problem catching the sweet spot? where

8A , I have been hoseling the s*** OUT OF MY CLUBS , but standing further away fixed that and have had no issues , occasionally close to heel is my miss

9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter?

9A can mix & match , prefer to hit it high

10. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade?

10A High / Fade , or Low / Fade , fades are easier

11. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )

11A Carry 5I about 205 on a good day , swing speed not sure but on 6i its 91-93mph

12. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players

34 3/4"

13. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players

13A 38 1/2

14. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer)

15. How tall are you?

15A 6'3

16. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker?

16A medium , miss is thin

17. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour player

17A I really like James Hahn / Jordan spieth ,

18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How is your shaft loading factor on your down swing?

18A , Medium tempo with a tendency to get quick , KBS load a ton , DGx100's not as much but i also JUST got them so am figuring it out

Answer:

Driver, find your self a comfortable shorter set up to get a better striking to get more fairway hits.

Iron, need a stiffer tip design shaft tgat reduce spin rates.

I can definitely see your swing need to be 're check to find a better attack angle to reduce those spinrate and ideal trajectory.

• 3 weeks later...

I got fit recently and these were the results:

718 AP3 (5 - W)

Dexterity: RH

Loft: Standard Loft

Lie Angle: 1 degree Upright

Length: +0.5"

Shaft (Flex): True Temper AMT Black (S300)

Grip (Size): Winn Dri-Tac Midsize Grey (Standard)

Unfortunately I cannot atm afford to purchase a new set, and was looking towards buying an older set of AP2's that my fitter said I could do as well. He however suggested I purchase XP-115 shafts as they would be similar to the AMT black shafts. Looking for older AP2's (710,712,714,716) I cannot seem to find maybe more than 1 or 2 with those shafts. So I was wondering if you had any other suggestions for shafts for me to use instead!

I've filled out the questionnaire to the best of my ability as well below.

Thank you!!

How often you play in a month? Try to play at least 2-3 times a month (Played every week for the last month though)

How often you practice in a month? Mat range for twice a week for the last month

How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. 6? maybe a 7 on a good day

What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? 2 seasons ago was at a 11 on my local courses (NYC courses)

What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? Wedge/putter

1. Yes? Default loft, +1 degree upright +1/2 inch length

2. Currently using an older set of TM burner 2.0 (Regular flex) +1/2 inch +2 degree upright. (Losing lots of distance due to the flex according to fitter)

3. Was used at the titleist fitting session. I believe IT was the TrackMan. I don't remember the exact numbers tbh.

4. I can feel the club bending on me, losing distance, Feels too light now. (TM burner 2.0 is about 85grams I believe)

5. More consistent flight/distance. Less flex feel on the swing, more control of the club as a general statement.

6. Higher/mid flight. My natural swing is towards a draw

7. Slight draw/mid flight on irons.

8. Miss tendency is a toe shot and if missed with toe tends to go right (I've been told I do not turn over my hands usually when this happens)

9. low ball hitter, would like to be higher.

10. low draw, would like a mid flight draw

11. Honestly have no idea.. During the fitting with the 7 iron, the fitter told me my swing speed was around averaging 82-85(I was also recovering from an injury at the time; previous fitting with same person I was around 88 average)

12. I have no idea what this means, if you tell me what to do I'm think i could find out? lol

13. Same as above

14. M/L. 4 and 3/4 inch from wrist to base of middle finger. 3 inches of left middle finger

15. 6'1

16. Deep divot

18. medium

Thanks again!

Hey Joe, looking for a fairway wood shaft recommendation:

1. What is the club existing set up? Titleist 915f, 15 degrees

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? Smooth tempo for sure

3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? 8-9, I usually hit it in the center

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? My angle of attack has always been steep, my miss with a fairway wood is almost always left

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST! DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA. Driver SS is 115-118, 6 iron is 93-95

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up?

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? Miss is left with a fairway wood. Can really pound a 3 wood off the tee, tend to have problems elevating it from the deck

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? Draw

9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? Draw

10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? Play in Atlanta. Bermuda grass. Warm.

11. Body build and postures? height? etc. 5'11", 210, former bodybuilder

12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) Men's Large

13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? Gary Woodland

14. etc. The more the better it become. So I tend to play heavier weight fairway wood shafts. Usually 80-85 grams. Always play X-stiff. I tend to like Aldila shafts but I don't have to stay with them. Loved the NV. Mostly liked the RIP Beta but felt like the tip might have been a little too active? Tried the Tour Blue 85TX but honestly it felt like a board to me. The Rogue shafts also feel a little boardy. Would love to try to Tour AD DI but have always shied away due to the cost and uncertainty over how to best tip it for my swing. Tried Mitsubishi D+ but cannot get it in the air and just does not feel like it loads at all for me. Overall I guess I would say my favorite shafts have been the NV and the RIP Alpha. Looking for a medium/high but flat ball flight off the tee and from the deck. Could be difficult to accomplish with my attack angle.

2023 WITB
Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS 10.5* - MMT 70x
3 Wood: Callaway Paradym TD 15* - Kai'li White 80x

Utility: Callaway X-Forged UT 21*
4-PW: Callaway Apex MBs - Project X 6.0
52* Wedge: Callaway Jaws Raw S Grind
58* Wedge: Callaway Jaws Raw Full Toe
Putter: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5k Double Wide DB

• 2 weeks later...

8-10 times per month

2-4 time per month

USGA 7 index

Wedges and Short irons

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please.

Taylor Made M2 9.5 Degree, 54g Regular Flex Fujikura xlr8 pro w. standard grip, I believe its 45” but it’s the stock TM length

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?

More toward quicker tempo, medium load

3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability?

Swing is an 8 on consistency Id say, I strike the ball well finding the middle of the club face 90% of the time

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up?

Suffering from a high fade and/or occasional snap hook, seeing high backspin #s 3500 rpm and above, no rollout on shots.

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before?

Here is a link to launch monitor data: https://drive.google...5sxuWostJot15uz

Averages: Swing speed: 97.5, Launch Angle: 15.3, Backspin: 3700, Total spin: 3825, ball speed: 141, Sidespin: 827R, peak height: 40 yrd, descent angle: 46 degrees

In the link the data above the grey line is with my existing setup – the data below the grey link is with a stiff 60 gram shaft.

More favorable ball flight and less spin, more control

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where?

I periodically hit a snap hook or block to the right

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good?

Mostly a straight ball, or a high ball with a little cut, ill also hit push draws when I am swing well

9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade?

Ideally a low to medium piercing little cut

10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from?

I am from Indiana , lots of flat courses with tree trouble

5’ 10” normal build (165 lbs), working on standing up a little more in the swing and getting a little more upright instead of swinging around my body

12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer)

6.5” – Large glove

Not sure on either account, lol

Thanks for any help you might be able to offer! J

8-10 times per month

2-4 time per month

USGA 7 index

Wedges and Short irons

Taylor Made M2 9.5 Degree, 54g Regular Flex Fujikura xlr8 pro w. standard grip, I believe its 45” but it’s the stock TM length

3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability?

Swing is an 8 on consistency Id say, I strike the ball well finding the middle of the club face 90% of the time

Suffering from a high fade and/or occasional snap hook, seeing high backspin #s 3500 rpm and above, no rollout on shots.

Averages: Swing speed: 97.5, Launch Angle: 15.3, Backspin: 3700, Total spin: 3825, ball speed: 141, Sidespin: 827R, peak height: 40 yrd, descent angle: 46 degrees

In the link the data above the grey line is with my existing setup – the data below the grey link is with a stiff 60 gram shaft.

Mostly a straight ball, or a high ball with a little cut, ill also hit push draws when I am swing well

9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade?

5’ 10” normal build (165 lbs), working on standing up a little more in the swing and getting a little more upright instead of swinging around my body

6.5” – Large glove

Answer: stiff flex shaft with stiff tip design type shaft. Might wanna try to play it a little shorter set up to accomodate your quicker tempo. Check your grip for a proper sizing.

8-10 times per month

2-4 time per month

USGA 7 index

Wedges and Short irons

6.5” – Large glove

Answer: stiff flex shaft with stiff tip design type shaft. Might wanna try to play it a little shorter set up to accomodate your quicker tempo. Check your grip for a proper sizing.

Thanks so much! Any opinion on shaft weight? Should be looking at 60-65 gram?

How often you play in a month? 4 times per month

How often you practice in a month? 8 times per month

How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. 6

What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? USGA Handicap Index 12.2 GHIN

Head: Cobra King LTD Black

Head Weight: 206 gram without adapter

Loft: 9°

Shaft: Mitsubishi Chemical Diamana S+PLUS Limited Edition 60

Flex: Stiff

Swing Weight: D3 or D4

Length: 45" playable length

Grip: Golf Pride MCC Standard

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger)? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?

Slow Take Away, Fast Down Swing / Medium Loader

6 / My mishits create hooks

I think it lacks stability at the tip, and it feels whippy. I'm seeking for stability when I try to speed up my swing, and my current setup lacks that.

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST! DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA.

Launch Monitor: Flight Scope

Swing Speed: 105.5 mph avg

Launch Angle: 10.2°avg

Ball Speed: 155.7 mph avg

Spin Rate: 3118 avg

Swing Path: 0.7 R avg

Attack Angle: 2.8° avg

Carry: 266 yds avg

Roll: 16 yds avg

Total: 282 yds avg

Smash Factor: 1.48 avg

DescentV: 38.4°avg

Height: 103.1 ft avg

Dynamic Loft: 10.7° avg

Spin Loft: 8.1° avg

Stability with a faster swing instead of a huge hook. I'm seeking for a driver set up that I can have a repeatable swing without feeling overwhelmed. I tried Oban Kiyoshi Black 65 grams 04 flex with the current driver head, and it gave me everything I wanted except that the overall balance of the driver was too heavy. Thus I guess I prefer light to medium setup rather than heavy setup.

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where

My miss-hits are hooks or ballooning high balls. If I go at it, the ball contact point on the face is everywhere except the sweet spot.

Baby draw or straight

Draw

I live in Orlando, Florida, so the condition is pretty wet and soft. I hardly get any rolls out here, especially if I hit my drivers too high...

5'9", 160 lbs, normal build. I like athletic stance or postures - wide, athletic stance with stable, slightly bent knees.

Glove Size: Small

Length: 7 inches

Not really sure... But it would be nice to have a swing like Rory McIlroy, Ricky Fowler, or Louis Oosthuizen. (I prefer someone who's about my height if I were to model my swing after a PGA player.)

I have many shafts that I have in my inventory for testing, and I would like to share my personal opinion and amateur assessment of how they fit to me. Hopefully that can give you more insights to how my swing fits to different types of shafts.

1. Accra CS 1 50g M4: This was the very first shaft that I was fitted into 2 years ago with Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver head. Great feel, dispersion, and feeling shaft. I had the best smash factor with this shaft. The shaft broke on me two times, and I decided to move on and try a different shaft with different driver heads. The only issue I had with this shaft was that it was a bit too light, and it had a tendency to have higher than normal launch on my bad shots, thus losing substantial distance. I don't know if this was a counter balanced shaft, but overall balance seemed pretty good.

2. Oban Kiyoshi Black 65g 04: This was the second best shaft in the same fitting session as Accra. During the fitting session, I really didn't feel that the shaft was overwhelming, but for some reason, it feels overwhelming and heavy. Perhaps the difference in the driver head may be the contributing factor? (Callway Big Bertha Alpha was 199.1g; Cobra King LTD Black is 206g)

3. Mitsubishi Diamana Kai'li 60 Stiff: I love the feel and trajectory of this shaft, but it's too whippy for me in a driver. It's all over the map. I seemed to get along with blueboard profile in which I can load the shaft most efficiently. I currently use 70g stiff in my 3 wood which is a lot better than 60g stiff, but I feel like I can acquire more stability with extra stiff in 70g for both driver and 3 wood.

4. Mitsubishi Diamana 'ilima 60 stiff: It used to work with my old Callaway X-Hot head, almost like a golden combo, but I can't get it work with any of the Cobra heads: Bio Cell, Bio Cell+, Bio Cell Pro, F6+ or King LTD. I don't think my swing fits the bill to use this shaft.

5. Mitusbishi Diamana O.G. Whiteboard 60g stiff: I love the feel of this O.G. shaft, and it is a bit more stable than Kai'li at the tip in my opinion. I got this shaft because I wanted low launch / low spin shaft; however, the shaft is massively high launch for me for some reason. I get a very high launch high draw, but it's way too high launch for my liking. I'm losing distance because it's too high.

6. UST Mamiya Elements Chrome 6F4T: I heard so much about this shaft and its synergy with Cobra driver heads, so I decided to give it a go. Another counter balanced shaft that I get along with in terms of overall balance. I didn't care for the feel of the shaft. It also changed the sound of my driver a little bit to something that I don't prefer. Stability is there with this shaft, but this shaft is another really high launching shaft for me. Almost orbital launch, and my total distance is determined by Carry Distance minus Roll Back distance... Not one of my performing shaft.

7. Project X HZRDUS Yellow 63g 6.0: Counter balanced shaft that is the stability king. No matter how hard I go at it, I don't get the nasty hooks. I love the feel and overall balance. The only issue I have with this shaft is I don't think I can load the shaft properly. I often than not lose too much distance with this shaft, and my mishits are once again high launching shots which I feel like my swing is coming in too steep and I'm hitting down on it too much to create unwanted spin.

For your information, none of the shafts I tested were tipped. I don't have any experience with tipping, and I'm a bit afraid of it.

As you can see, I prefer the feel of the Japanese shafts(specifically Mitsubishi Chemical,) but the stability is more evident in the American shafts(Project X). If I can find a shaft that can combine those two factors to keep my spin numbers and launch numbers low, that would be lovely. I never believed my swing speed was fast enough to use x-stiff shafts, but for stability and launch purposes, I'm more open to using x-stiff shafts now except for American shafts such as UST Mamiya or Project X in which stiff profile is stiff enough. Right now, the shaft candidates for my next testing are MC Diamana Ahina 70g in X-stiff, MC Diamana Kai'li 70g in X-stiff, MC Kurokage Silver Tini Dual Core 60g in TX (a little bit concerned because I believe it's tip heavy shaft), MC Tensei Pro Orange in either 60g or 70g in TX, or Project X HZRDUS Black 60g in 6.0.

If you can guide me to the right direction, I would really appreciate it since my driving game is the worst right now.

Thank you.

Driver: Titleist TSr3 9° (Setting A1) - Mitsubishi Chemical TENSEI 1K Pro White 60, 45" Elite Y360°S

3 Wood: TaylorMade Stealth Plus 15° - Mitsubishi Chemical Diamana DF 70, 43" / Elite Y360°S

5 Wood: TaylorMade SIM 19° - Mitsubishi Chemical TENSEI AV RAW - White 85, 42" Elite Y360°S

Hybrid: Cobra KING F7 Hybrid 17.5° - Graphite Design Tour AD DI Hybrid 85, 41" / Elite Y360°S

Driving Iron: Srixon ZX UT 18°, 40" - Graphite Design Tour AD DI Hybrid 95, 39.75" / Elite Y360°S

Iron: 2022 KYOEI KK MB 4~PW - Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue / Golf Pride CPX / BB&F Thunderclap Ferrule

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 52° F Grind 12°, SM9 WedgeWorks 60° K Grind 6° - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue / Elite Y360°S / BB&F Fire & Ice Ferrule

Putter: Bettinardi BB-1F - 33.50" / KBS CT Tour Putter Shaft / Bettinardi Deep Etched Putter Grip

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x 

Bag: Vessel Player III DXR Stand   Glove: JAMA Glove

How often you play in a month? 4 times per month

How often you practice in a month? 8 times per month

How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? It won't matter good or bad consistency. 6

What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? USGA Handicap Index 12.2 GHIN

Head: Cobra King LTD Black

Head Weight: 206 gram without adapter

Loft: 9°

Shaft: Mitsubishi Chemical Diamana S+PLUS Limited Edition 60

Flex: Stiff

Swing Weight: D3 or D4

Length: 45" playable length

Grip: Golf Pride MCC Standard

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger)? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader?

Slow Take Away, Fast Down Swing / Medium Loader

6 / My mishits create hooks

I think it lacks stability at the tip, and it feels whippy. I'm seeking for stability when I try to speed up my swing, and my current setup lacks that.

Launch Monitor: Flight Scope

Swing Speed: 105.5 mph avg

Launch Angle: 10.2°avg

Ball Speed: 155.7 mph avg

Spin Rate: 3118 avg

Swing Path: 0.7 R avg

Attack Angle: 2.8° avg

Carry: 266 yds avg

Roll: 16 yds avg

Total: 282 yds avg

Smash Factor: 1.48 avg

DescentV: 38.4°avg

Height: 103.1 ft avg

Dynamic Loft: 10.7° avg

Spin Loft: 8.1° avg

Stability with a faster swing instead of a huge hook. I'm seeking for a driver set up that I can have a repeatable swing without feeling overwhelmed. I tried Oban Kiyoshi Black 65 grams 04 flex with the current driver head, and it gave me everything I wanted except that the overall balance of the driver was too heavy. Thus I guess I prefer light to medium setup rather than heavy setup.

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where

My miss-hits are hooks or ballooning high balls. If I go at it, the ball contact point on the face is everywhere except the sweet spot.

Baby draw or straight

Draw

I live in Orlando, Florida, so the condition is pretty wet and soft. I hardly get any rolls out here, especially if I hit my drivers too high...

5'9", 160 lbs, normal build. I like athletic stance or postures - wide, athletic stance with stable, slightly bent knees.

Glove Size: Small

Length: 7 inches

Not really sure... But it would be nice to have a swing like Rory McIlroy, Ricky Fowler, or Louis Oosthuizen. (I prefer someone who's about my height if I were to model my swing after a PGA player.)

I have many shafts that I have in my inventory for testing, and I would like to share my personal opinion and amateur assessment of how they fit to me. Hopefully that can give you more insights to how my swing fits to different types of shafts.

1. Accra CS 1 50g M4: This was the very first shaft that I was fitted into 2 years ago with Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver head. Great feel, dispersion, and feeling shaft. I had the best smash factor with this shaft. The shaft broke on me two times, and I decided to move on and try a different shaft with different driver heads. The only issue I had with this shaft was that it was a bit too light, and it had a tendency to have higher than normal launch on my bad shots, thus losing substantial distance. I don't know if this was a counter balanced shaft, but overall balance seemed pretty good.

2. Oban Kiyoshi Black 65g 04: This was the second best shaft in the same fitting session as Accra. During the fitting session, I really didn't feel that the shaft was overwhelming, but for some reason, it feels overwhelming and heavy. Perhaps the difference in the driver head may be the contributing factor? (Callway Big Bertha Alpha was 199.1g; Cobra King LTD Black is 206g)

3. Mitsubishi Diamana Kai'li 60 Stiff: I love the feel and trajectory of this shaft, but it's too whippy for me in a driver. It's all over the map. I seemed to get along with blueboard profile in which I can load the shaft most efficiently. I currently use 70g stiff in my 3 wood which is a lot better than 60g stiff, but I feel like I can acquire more stability with extra stiff in 70g for both driver and 3 wood.

4. Mitsubishi Diamana 'ilima 60 stiff: It used to work with my old Callaway X-Hot head, almost like a golden combo, but I can't get it work with any of the Cobra heads: Bio Cell, Bio Cell+, Bio Cell Pro, F6+ or King LTD. I don't think my swing fits the bill to use this shaft.

5. Mitusbishi Diamana O.G. Whiteboard 60g stiff: I love the feel of this O.G. shaft, and it is a bit more stable than Kai'li at the tip in my opinion. I got this shaft because I wanted low launch / low spin shaft; however, the shaft is massively high launch for me for some reason. I get a very high launch high draw, but it's way too high launch for my liking. I'm losing distance because it's too high.

6. UST Mamiya Elements Chrome 6F4T: I heard so much about this shaft and its synergy with Cobra driver heads, so I decided to give it a go. Another counter balanced shaft that I get along with in terms of overall balance. I didn't care for the feel of the shaft. It also changed the sound of my driver a little bit to something that I don't prefer. Stability is there with this shaft, but this shaft is another really high launching shaft for me. Almost orbital launch, and my total distance is determined by Carry Distance minus Roll Back distance... Not one of my performing shaft.

7. Project X HZRDUS Yellow 63g 6.0: Counter balanced shaft that is the stability king. No matter how hard I go at it, I don't get the nasty hooks. I love the feel and overall balance. The only issue I have with this shaft is I don't think I can load the shaft properly. I often than not lose too much distance with this shaft, and my mishits are once again high launching shots which I feel like my swing is coming in too steep and I'm hitting down on it too much to create unwanted spin.

For your information, none of the shafts I tested were tipped. I don't have any experience with tipping, and I'm a bit afraid of it.

As you can see, I prefer the feel of the Japanese shafts(specifically Mitsubishi Chemical,) but the stability is more evident in the American shafts(Project X). If I can find a shaft that can combine those two factors to keep my spin numbers and launch numbers low, that would be lovely. I never believed my swing speed was fast enough to use x-stiff shafts, but for stability and launch purposes, I'm more open to using x-stiff shafts now except for American shafts such as UST Mamiya or Project X in which stiff profile is stiff enough. Right now, the shaft candidates for my next testing are MC Diamana Ahina 70g in X-stiff, MC Diamana Kai'li 70g in X-stiff, MC Kurokage Silver Tini Dual Core 60g in TX (a little bit concerned because I believe it's tip heavy shaft), MC Tensei Pro Orange in either 60g or 70g in TX, or Project X HZRDUS Black 60g in 6.0.

If you can guide me to the right direction, I would really appreciate it since my driving game is the worst right now.

Thank you.

Answer: Kurokage Silver Tini Dual Core 60g in TX or S flex tipped 1 - 1.25 much. Definitely need to recheck your attack angle to he more ascending to get the ball up around 13* +/- and bring down the spins.

Thank you, Joe.

How does the Kurokage Silver Dual-Core Tini 60 TX compare to Oban Kiyoshi Black 65g 04 in terms of overall balance of the shaft?

What is the weight of the raw shaft?

Isn't it a tip-heavy shaft?

Will it work with the heavy driver head (206g) like mine?

Is the tipping recommendation only for stiff flex or in TX flex as well?

Should I keep my playable length at 45" or shorter?

I will ask my coach to check and advise on how to improve on my attack angle in my next lesson.

I really appreciate your input.

Driver: Titleist TSr3 9° (Setting A1) - Mitsubishi Chemical TENSEI 1K Pro White 60, 45" Elite Y360°S

3 Wood: TaylorMade Stealth Plus 15° - Mitsubishi Chemical Diamana DF 70, 43" / Elite Y360°S

5 Wood: TaylorMade SIM 19° - Mitsubishi Chemical TENSEI AV RAW - White 85, 42" Elite Y360°S

Hybrid: Cobra KING F7 Hybrid 17.5° - Graphite Design Tour AD DI Hybrid 85, 41" / Elite Y360°S

Driving Iron: Srixon ZX UT 18°, 40" - Graphite Design Tour AD DI Hybrid 95, 39.75" / Elite Y360°S

Iron: 2022 KYOEI KK MB 4~PW - Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue / Golf Pride CPX / BB&F Thunderclap Ferrule

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 52° F Grind 12°, SM9 WedgeWorks 60° K Grind 6° - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue / Elite Y360°S / BB&F Fire & Ice Ferrule

Putter: Bettinardi BB-1F - 33.50" / KBS CT Tour Putter Shaft / Bettinardi Deep Etched Putter Grip

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x 

Bag: Vessel Player III DXR Stand   Glove: JAMA Glove

Hey Joe, looking for a driver shaft recommendation

1. What is the club existing set up? Titleist 917 D3 9.5 Diamana D+70x

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? Smooth tempo

3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? 8, fairly consistent in finding sweetspot with small misses

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? My attack angle is heavy downward causing too much spin and a low rising flight

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST! DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA. Yes, but do not have all the data. Spin around 3500-4000, 113 ss, -3 to 4 attack

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? Higher flight with less spin. More concerned on spin

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? Usually a slight push to the right

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? Small draws or cuts, usually prefer to see draws

9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? High draw with irons, medium draw with driver

10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? Connecticut, usually firm

11. Body build and postures? height? etc. 6'4, 195

12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) Men's XL

13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? Ernie Els

14. etc. The more the better it become. Struggling with getting attack angle. I know a shaft wont solve all, but it would help. I have a low rising ball flight that stalls, especially in wind. Would love to cut spin down drastically. Used to be a high ball hitter, but can still hit it high. Carry around 260-70 with the occasional big hit. Prefer to see a nice draw, but also hit low cuts with the driver for consistency. Definitely like a heavier shaft, but I can get used to anything.

• 3 weeks later...

How often you play in a month? 6-8

How often you practice in a month? 4ish

How consistent do you think your swing are in a scale 1-10 ( 10 being the best )? 7

What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? 3.0 GHIN

What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? Irons & Wedges

1. What is the club existing set up? ( loft, shaft, flex, swing weight, length, etc ) As detail as possible please. 915 D4 Rogue Max 65-X

2. What type of swinger are you ( smooth or quick tempo swinger )? Loading factor on your swing? Heavy or light loader? Quick tempo. Unsure of load factor

3. On a scale 1-10 how consistent is your swing? where is your striking ability? 7 and striking ability is good

4. What is the the problem w/ the existing set up? Too much spin

5. Have you ever had a launch monitor session before? What brand of LM (flightscope LM is one of my best recommendation)? ( swing speed, launch angle, ball speed, spin rate, Swing path,Attack angle, side spins, etc?) These numbers has to come from the existing club or the club that you are trying to fix or buy. IMPORTANT & A MUST! DO NOT POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE A COMPLETE LM DATA. Trackman SS-115 LA- 12 BS- 166 Spin- 3500 Attack- -1.1 Club Path -1.4 Face2Path- 0.6 Height- 125

6. What are you trying to change or achieve on your new set up? Lower spin

7. What is your shots tendency on mistakes when you are not playing so good? Do you have any problem missing a shots on the face of the club? where? Heel miss- big fade, Extra toey- big draw, often times I don't get the club face square fast enough- result is a block-fade, almost always OB

8. What is your shots tendency (ball flight) that you like when you are playing good? Strike is slightly off the toe, small draw. If i need a fade, I'll try to strike as close to center as possible

9. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit...High or low? Draw or Fade? High draw

10. What type of course condition you are playing most? Where are you from? Long, flat, spread out courses. Typically no 2 holes are parallel. Texas.

11. Body build and postures? height? etc. 6'2 240

12. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) Men's XL. Wrist to base of finger 4.75 inches. Middle finger 3.25 inches. Total 8in.

13. If you have to be honest, who your swing look like on PGA tour? at least who do you like it to be? JB Holmes

14. etc. The more the better it become. I'm a big dude with a big swing that used to be pretty over the top causing pulls and slices. I've corrected path (for the most part) and now hit draws pretty consistently. Updated with new Trackman numbers from my gamer. The 2 shafts that stood out to me were the Oban Kyoshi Black and Veylix Rome. Both in X and in the mid 60g weight. Would you agree with either of those shafts?

I appreciate any insight/recommendations!

Answer: pick 70 grams mid high kick tip stiff lower spin design shaft, x flex with property tipped for your swing speed and make sure a proper grip size would help to. Definitely need to see you swing Coach to fix the attack angle. I'm almost sure you still have some over the top move that need to be look at. Happy golfing!!!

• 1 month later...

Hi Joey,

How often you play in a month? Three or Four (April to October)

How often you practice in a month? Once a week

What is your handicap now? What handicap system are they/you using? 12.2 GHIN

What is your strength on your game? Driver? Iron? Wedge? or putter? Driver and Irons

1. Have you had a dynamic fitting before? lie angle? Loft? Yes

Stock Wilson FG Tour V2 KBS Stiff Flex. (120g) (5-Pw)

3. Have you ever been on a launch monitor session? what are the numbers (detail)? what brand of machine? NO

4. What is your existing complain on your current set up? I lack distance. Misses tend to be short right or pin high to the right.

5. What do you want to see it change/what is the problem? I think a lighter shaft will promote club head speed, generating more distance. But a lighter shaft may exaggerate my misses to the right more.

6. What do you prefer to see on your ball flight? higher or lower? draw or fade? Lower, draw with my irons.

7. What is your ball flight tendency on your good golfing day? I hit the ball medium to high.

8. Which side is your mistake tendency? Right side. I tend to be above the equator towards the toe

9. Do you consider yourself a High ball hitter or low ball hitter? Low

10. If you have to pick, what ball flight is more comfortable for you to hit. I hit a medium fade. I’d prefer to stay the same or go higher.

11. How far you hit a 5 iron on a good no wind day? 5 iron swing speed ( carry distance )? 170-175 carry

12. What is you measurement on Knuckle to floor with shoes on? 33.5"

13. What is your measurement on wrist to floor with shoes on? LH for RH player vice versa on LH players 38.25"

14. What is your glove size? What is the length of your wrist to longest fingers and length of your longest finger? (Left for RH golfer and vice versa for LH golfer) ML; 8 "; 3.5"

15. How tall are you? 5’10"

16. Are you a deep/medium or shallow divot taker? Shallow

17. Who do you think your swing look like compare to PGA Tour players? Sergio Garcia (Lag),

Rick Shiels (YouTube) golf swing instruction videos.

18. Smooth , medium or quick tempo swing style? How is your shaft loading factor on your down swing? Medium, unsure

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks in advance for any ideas on iron shaft choice, buying new set soon.

60yrs, male, 7.1 index (Lowest ever! Kids out of the house, committed to lessons for the past few years, previously 10-13 for 25 years...) like to practice, like to tinker with my swing/game. Still fairly athletic and fit.

Play 5-8 times per month

Practice 10-15 times per month

Consistency: 7

Strength: short game, wedge.

Previous fitting and current set-up: ~ 25 yrs ago. 1/2” long, 2 up.

Track Man #s for current 6 iron. 85/112 mph; attack -3.3; path -1.0, smash 1.32; spin 6400; Dyn loft 24.4; land angle 24.4, carry 150; total 158, height 81’; Launch angle 18.5

Current irons: 3-PW TaylorMade Tour Preferred MC TTDGS300 1/2 long 2 up (circa 2010?)

Time for something new. Maybe a lighter & more responsive shaft. Still like the ‘players’ head.

Mid Ball flight. I don’t have a problem hitting it high.

Flight Tendency. Mid-high, straight.

Like to hit it a little lower, penetrating w/ a little draw.

Miss: left, pull.

Wear on club indicates I hit the ball ~1/4” toward the toe.

5 iron: 170

Knuckle to floor: 33”

Wrist to floor: 36”

Wrist to finger: 7 1/2”

Finger: 3”

Glove: ML Cadet

6’-0”

Mid/shallow divot

PGA Player: ? Maybe Charlie Hoffman?

Medium Tempo. Trying to slow it down more. Working on creating more lag, tend to ‘dump it’ early. Want to be able to load the shaft more.

I like to hit the non-stock, feel shot. Anywhere. But when appropriate keep it simple also.

I played 30 different courses last year. I like playing different courses.

Currently looking at KBS C-taper lite Reg or Recoil 95 F3.

Taylor Made PSI tour or P750, Mizuno 900 Forged or tour, Callaway Apex forged.

Thanks again.

Answer: you need stiffer to lower spins shaft at least a stiff flex or strong stiff if your swing is quick and heavy loader. Definitely check your length and lie angle properly. Worn out doors telling me need more up right lie.