Everyone is a big hitter on the forum

Kevinx

Why is it no matter the topic most of the posters claim they hit 300 plus off the tee. I'm not saying they don't but here in the metro area of NY where their is way too many golfers I have only seen a hand full hit it 300 yards. No matter where I have played . How come on the forum everyone claims they play like a pro. I don't believe most of them

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because they do not have to produce their claimed yardages live in front of anyone.

Because in their mind they think it will sound cool if they type in exaggerated distances.

Me?

I have never done that. I have been a short knocker since I started this game in 1977.

My yardages for example are currently 240 with driver and 170 with a 5 iron.

But I do drain 4 out of 5 twenty five foot down hill double breaker putts on the reg. lol

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3 & 5 fw  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4   4 & 5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790  6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  

TM                  Spider cs  Golf Pride P Only Blue Star 

I am a long hitter ! Most of my drives are in the 230/235 range ! My 7i is right about 150,so i feel lucky to be in the rare distance area !

I am sure that there are SOME on this site who do get it out there to the 300 range,but I think a lot of folks are fudging just a little !

Having played this game for a lot of years ,I have to agree that the numbers I have seen in that range are just a couple.Most of the

long hitters I have seen are in the 260/275 area...which is great compared to my meager offerings! Since I seem to have lost about 10 yards

over the last few years,I now aim for the cart paths running along the fairway,hoping to get a bounce out to the big hitters yardages !

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

I can tell you with 100% certainty - many of the members here claiming 300 plus are being completely honest.

At the Gear Trials the guys in the "A" group were banging the ball out there near and over 300 every single shot. I sat and watched in awe as they pounded the ball that far in cold weather against a slight wind and wearing extra layers for warmth.

Is every single member claiming those distances being honest?

Nope. It's the Internet after all.

But many of them are and I have gotten to the point where I honestly don't care. I played with a guy who claimed to be a 2 handicap. He shot over 80 and I beat him. Felt good. Fortunate I guess that I happened to join up with him when he had an off day. : )

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

You're just wrong. Very few people make such claims. Let alone "everyone"

Regarding those that do, can you really not see how a place like this would attract people who are better and often longer players? I mean of course it does.

Now that's not to say there aren't a bunch of BSers everywhere in life. but your baseless (Jealous?) claims that WRX is nothing but blustering story tellers are about as reliable as any "my swing speed is 126, recommend a shaft for me bro's" thread out there.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

+1. short knocker here, but played with plenty of guys that can flat out crush it. also, this is THE gathering spot for good and aspiring sticks. sure theres some BS, but there absolutely are folks that can bring heat.

covert 2.0 driver
baffler rail f 3w, 5w
mp15 4i-p
sm6 50 54 58
8802 milled
chrome soft

I actual believe the majority of posters who say they hit it that far. I’m sure there are some who are simply telling tall tales, but I really believe they are the exception.

And for everyone that tells us how far they hit it, there are probably 10 others who hit it just as far but won’t tell you about it (looking at you here VNutz!).

I have no reason to doubt the majority of golfers on this site that claim to drive the ball 300+ yards. I am an older (66) golfer who can remember the days of the original Big Bertha when I could carry and roll a drive 250, and I was 45 years old and not a low hcp. There were younger amateur golfers that I played with that could carry the ball 290 yards and roll out over 300 and they were not the elite golfers of the time. Today, my son-in-law who is 6' 4" and plays golf 2-3 times/year can carry a drive 300 yards when he makes contact (although destination unknown). I have to believe that some of the better golfers on this site that practice and play can do the same with accuracy.

Why is it no matter the topic most of the posters claim they hit 300 plus off the tee. I'm not saying they don't but here in the metro area of NY where their is way too many golfers I have only seen a hand full hit it 300 yards. No matter where I have played . How come on the forum everyone claims they play like a pro. I don't believe most of them

Every couple of weeks a post like yours pops up, but I rarely see anyone post about their driving distance. I would say posts like your far outweigh the posts claiming 300 yard drives.

Literally everyone in this thread who has posted about distance so far has said they are not a big hitter LOL

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I'm bigger than Dallas! I can't believe I hang out with you short knockin' girlie-men.

Ok, not really but back in the day...

Cobra F9 Driver 10.5 UST ProForce V2 HL 5F4 46"

Tour Edge Exotic EXS 220 16.5* UST ProForce V2 HL 6F4 44"

Cobra Amp Cell 5-7 fairway (set to 20*) Fujikura Fuel 60g S 43"

Maltby TS3 4-P Elevate MPH 95 +1"

Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 50*, 54* & 58* Apollo Matchflex Wedge 36.25"

Cleveland Classic Collection #10 35"

I'd give up 15 feet of made putts per round for 10 extra yards

I’d give up 10 yards for more putts made inside 15’ lol.

Gotta be a way we can trade talents lol.

Sign me up!! :D

910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

Literally everyone in this thread who has posted about distance so far has said they are not a big hitter LOL

Because if someone posts now that they carry it over 300 consistently everyone here is going to call bull-crap and ask for proof lol.

Another thing to keep in mind is also lots of golfers have no clue how far they actually hit each club in their bag. How many times have you played with a stranger, who's just your average golfer and at the 150 yrd par 3, he pulls out his 8 iron and the ball ends up 10 yrds short.

Or my all time favorite, the guy and his buddy at the driving range who neither would break 100 on the course but you hear one of them say "I really got a hold of that one, if we weren't using range balls that would easily be over 300". When in reality he'd be lucky to fly it 225.

Driver - Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0
3 wood - Cobra F8
Irons 3-PW - Mizuno MP54
Wedges - Vokey SM5 50°, Cleveland Zipcore 54°, Cleveland Zipcore 58°
Putter - Odyssey Stroke Lab 3

Kymar is correct.

This website is not really filled with “average” golfers.

This site attracts current and ex high school and college players, current and past PGA teaching pros, and simply a great many hard core golfers that take the game very seriously, take lessons, work out, and practice regularly to be as good as they possibly can be.

This site has an unusual number of very good, and tending to go hand in hand with that, very long hitting golfers as compared to the general golfing public.

I think I’m probably a perfect example. I was a +2 teaching pro back in the 90’s. Im now 50 years old and doing something else professionally, but I still hit a ton of balls, I still play a lot of good golf, and I still can regularly hit it 300+ yards as long as I’m getting 15 or 20 yards of roll out. That isn’t a brag. It is a fact.

I RARELY ever go play as a single and have anyone that is within 30 yards of me off the tee. HOWEVER, that being said, almost any time I arrange to meet a fellow WRXer for a round, I almost always find that they pretty darn long. Maybe 10 to 15 shorter, occasionally 10-15 longer, but almost always in the same ball park.

Now as far as people on here saying they swing the driver 125+ mph......well....Eeehhh. A few do.

Good topic! Do I average 300 yards? Hell yes! If you take the straight line distance to ball high then add the side dispersion to it, that ball goes 300+ almost every time. If you GPS where I'm standing to where the ball ends up it gets a little muddier.

I'll share here since that's what these things are all about. I just received my LD driver today. It's 4* loft with a xx flex shaft. Did I buy it because I have a 140+ mph swing speed and my x flex 6.5* gamer is too weak for me? Nope. I just wanted to tame the backspin that I put on the ball and maybe finally find a club that I can't balloon. Early results in, I have tamed the spin. Well struck balls with it were in the 2500 rpm range. Still a little high but better than the 3300 or so I usually impart. I still balloon the dang ball though. According to everything I've ever seen I shouldn't be but dang if I don't have to wait half an hour for the stupid ball to come out of the stupid air. I did hit my longest ever carry and total today on a simulator though. Probably because the shaft is 2" longer than my normal driver. I will state that if you don't commit to hitting the ball with a murderous rage, it'll end up 220 yards out and appx that far right. I am actually pretty sore from the effort it took hitting that club about 50 swings.

Do I occasionally hit a drive that goes a really long ways? You betcha! Do I do it with any sort of consistency? Nope. Usually the ones where I hit one that everyone would find impressive are filled with qualifiers. Downwind. Downhill. Rock hard fairways. I'll occasionally get a perfect strike that's on level ground with neutral wind that hits the 300 mark. Like a couple times a year. The simulator tells me that I average about 265 carry and 280 total. I feel like I'm longer than that but the numbers on an accurate one don't lie. That ones accurate. That's with my gamer though and not this LD oddity that I bought. I carried a couple over 300 today with it, but that was without any sort of thought put into where it would go or if I'd even contact the ball. Just swung it as hard as I could possibly swing it. I had a couple pop ups and a couple toe shanks that went less than 200.

Good topic! Do I average 300 yards? Hell yes! If you take the straight line distance to ball high then add the side dispersion to it, that ball goes 300+ almost every time. If you GPS where I'm standing to where the ball ends up it gets a little muddier.

I'll share here since that's what these things are all about. I just received my LD driver today. It's 4* loft with a xx flex shaft. Did I buy it because I have a 140+ mph swing speed and my x flex 6.5* gamer is too weak for me? Nope. I just wanted to tame the backspin that I put on the ball and maybe finally find a club that I can't balloon. Early results in, I have tamed the spin. Well struck balls with it were in the 2500 rpm range. Still a little high but better than the 3300 or so I usually impart. I still balloon the dang ball though. According to everything I've ever seen I shouldn't be but dang if I don't have to wait half an hour for the stupid ball to come out of the stupid air. I did hit my longest ever carry and total today on a simulator though. Probably because the shaft is 2" longer than my normal driver. I will state that if you don't commit to hitting the ball with a murderous rage, it'll end up 220 yards out and appx that far right. I am actually pretty sore from the effort it took hitting that club about 50 swings.

Do I occasionally hit a drive that goes a really long ways? You betcha! Do I do it with any sort of consistency? Nope. Usually the ones where I hit one that everyone would find impressive are filled with qualifiers. Downwind. Downhill. Rock hard fairways. I'll occasionally get a perfect strike that's on level ground with neutral wind that hits the 300 mark. Like a couple times a year. The simulator tells me that I average about 265 carry and 280 total. I feel like I'm longer than that but the numbers on an accurate one don't lie. That ones accurate. That's with my gamer though and not this LD oddity that I bought. I carried a couple over 300 today with it, but that was without any sort of thought put into where it would go or if I'd even contact the ball. Just swung it as hard as I could possibly swing it. I had a couple pop ups and a couple toe shanks that went less than 200.

This is a typical round for me.

Because they do not have to produce their claimed yardages live in front of anyone.

Because in their mind they think it will sound cool if they type in exaggerated distances.

Me?

I have never done that. I have been a short knocker since I started this game in 1977.

My yardages for example are currently 240 with driver and 165 with a 5 iron.

But I do drain 4 out of 5 twenty five foot down hill double breaker putts on the reg. lol

Im 66 and these are my yardages too. I enter every comp Im eligible in our club. About 5 good players knock it past me. Plus a couple more who do it may be once, while shooting 99.

As somebody once said. Hit it as far as you like, you will still have a left to right 3 footer.

Lol. Mine too. Actually I don't even have a typical round I'm so inconsistent. One round I might drive like a pro and have, let's just call it, forty-freaking-seven putts! The next one, hours later I might add, I'll fight a weak push fade and hit zero fairways and make every putt that's even possible to make. That actually happened three weeks ago too. It's like playing Russian roulette as to what part of my game will stink for that particular round. Once in a great while I'll be solid in all areas of the game and post a score that I consider good. Most of the time I'm playing the first three holes to find out what's broken then playing the next 15 trying to hide that area and minimize the damage from it.