Everyone is a big hitter on the forum

Kevinx

I made the post about claims of hitting long because if you read some of the posts thru out the forum the describe it like they could tee it up with the pros on tour. " I cut the corner with my driver 300+ hit my wedge into the green on a par 4 450 yard hole. " I think with that why are they posting here. Should be on tour.

Studies have shown that 6 out of 10 forum friends that wear backwards hats drive it 300+ yards on regular basis.

• 2 of the remaining 4 forum friends leave garbage adjacent to the receptacle and drive it around 280
  • 1 forum friend refuses to rake bunkers and drives it 270
  • The final forum friend drives it around 250 but tells his wife and others he averages 265-270

I nominate this for post of the year! Don't forget, the tighter the polo, the more likely they can spin back a 2 iron from 270 yards.

Ping G430 Max KaiLi White 60 Stiff (9 degree)
Cobra King RAD 3 Wood Fujikura Motore X F3 Stiff (14.5 degree setting)
Mizuno CLK Hybrid (19 and 22 degree, I swap them out depending on the wind in the parking lot)

Mizuno JPX-921 Hot Metal Pro 4-5 Irons - KBS Tour Regular Flex Steel Shafts

Mizuno JPX-921 Forged 6 Iron - G Wedge - KBS Tour Regular Flex Steel Shafts 
Titleist SM9 54 and 58 
Scotty Cameron Phantom X6 CS (34")

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made the post about claims of hitting long because if you read some of the posts thru out the forum the describe it like they could tee it up with the pros on tour. " I cut the corner with my driver 300+ hit my wedge into the green on a par 4 450 yard hole. " I think with that why are they posting here. Should be on tour.

Studies have shown that 6 out of 10 forum friends that wear backwards hats drive it 300+ yards on regular basis.

• 2 of the remaining 4 forum friends leave garbage adjacent to the receptacle and drive it around 280
  • 1 forum friend refuses to rake bunkers and drives it 270
  • The final forum friend drives it around 250 but tells his wife and others he averages 265-270

I nominate this for post of the year! Don't forget, the tighter the polo, the more likely they can spin back a 2 iron from 270 yards.

Yeah, I don't drive it 300+, I don't drive a Ferrari, but I'm ripped like a Greek adonis, so my polos are pretty snug. :D

KevinX,

It always amazes me how many golfers have never seen these long hitters ! I see them ALL the time

I'm less than 4 weeks from 50, fat and out of shape, and can still carry a driver 280 with a solid strike. Give me somewhat dry conditions and I can be around or over 300 a lot. FWIW, I've put trackman numbers on here numerous times for irons, 3 woods and driver swings (I used to be a stick a quarter of a century ago)

I have seen and played with LOADS of talented younger guys that literally fly it 3 hundo all day ... you just need to swing it 120 ... and that's not very unicornish anymore. One of my buddies hits 8 iron from 190 for heaven's sake, he is 50 past me off the tee swinging around 128 ish

The game has changed.

Maybe it is because I have played in a lot of Am's, Mid-Am's and cash scrambles ??

Perhaps, if you don't play in higher level events you won't be lucky enough to get a sighting of one of these "rare" beasts, not quite as hard to spot as my favorite bird, the double breasted mattress thrashers

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 3w 15.1* GD AD IZ 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x 

Ping G425 4h 22* Blueboard HY 80x

Ping i210 6i & s55 7i - PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*ES, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

Don't know what to tell you man. I did that Friday on a dogleg 464 par 5, had 145 into middle of green. putting for eagle. three putted for par. shot a 99. I'm a 20 hc, you won't see me on tour... And that's the 2nd time I've hit the green in 2 on that hole in the past month. 285 is my average distance on a good drive. Occasionally I can hit it 310, yes on flat ground with no wind. Am I lying? No. Am I bragging? No. Am I allowed to contribute to this forum with my experiences - just like you or anyone else? Yes.

Take it or leave, but I guess I know the answer to that already.

Look I'm a 17 cap that should be a 3 (short game sucks). I hit it short, only like 290 average carry but I've been playing golf for 3 years now and have played with probably 80 different people in that time (most of whom couldn't break 80 OLOLOLOL). Based on my experiences I know what the average golfer can and can't do. I can tell you there's nobody out there getting close to 300 (besides me). If someone tells you they can drive 300 just smugly smile and shake your head no. Add a little chuckle if they insist.

Cobra Bio Cell Pro
Cobra Bio Cell+ 3 wood
Mizuno MP-5 irons
Mizuno MP-R 54*, 60*
Odyssey White Ice 1

Went to the Callaway Performance Center at Troon North to get fit for a driver a few years ago by Doug Hammer. We were outside on trackman. Maybe 5mph wind aided. I teed up a few balls and hit them pretty well.

He goes over the data and says, "Oh a big hitter..." I just laughed and said "What did you say"? I was carrying the ball 265 to 270 with an occasional roll out to 290.

I do not consider myself a big hitter. If Doug was stoking my ego, I thank him. If he was serious then I think a lot of people are kidding themselves...

Hogan's Secret.......it's in plain sight but not for everyone...
https://6sigmagolfrx.com/
2017 Taylormade M2 9.5 (set at 10.5) w/ Diamana S+ Blueboard 60 S
2010 Tour Edge Exotics XCG3 3W w/Fujikura Motore S 15 deg
2014 Taylormade SLDR S HL 3W 17deg Fujikura Speeder 65 R, shortened
2017 Tour Edge Exotics 3H UST Mamiya 670 S
2009 Callaway Xforged 3i w/ KBS tour S
2012 Cobra Amp Forged 4-GW w/ Fujikura Pro i95 S
2013 Miura forged 54 & 58 wedges - w/ DG Tour issue S
Ping Cadence Rustler Traditional putter

Who cares what people claim. Drive for show putt for Dough. I can put a drive out there 300 yards but I dont pound my chest about it. I have seen many a players drive the ball long but cant do anything else after. For me and others in previous post, it dont matter what you say but what you do. Kinda like somebody who shows up to the course with the fancy club dressed like Rickie Fowler but their swing looks like Charles Barkley's. That is what is great about this game because you have to be strong on all aspects of the game to have success. The whole thing about watching a player hitting Driver after Driver after Driver at the range then walk past the Short game area and putting green and they cant figure out why they score so high on the course. Makes me chuckle.

Cobra LTD 9* TP6HD
Cobra Big Tour 14.5* TP7HD 

Cobra F6 Baffler 19* Kiyoshi Purple

Wilson Staff Staff Blades 3-PW Recoil I95 stiff 

Wilson PMP 52/56 Raw

Titliest SquareBack LA 135 

Vice Pro+ Lime Green Goodness

At 65 years old and 5'9", 153 lbs, I'm fairly pleased with myself for averaging 240, and even that is a testament to modern equipment. I'm not delusional, after an 8 year layoff, I started playing again this year and moved to the white tees. That means I often have a short iron approach and hit a good percentage of greens. I'm on track to breaking 80 regularly again, but mostly, I'm just having fun. My increased music calendar means golf 2-3 times a week instead of 5-6, and frankly, that's probably a good thing for me.

They're liars. You can post anything on the internet, because no one knows who you are and you can get away with saying some stupid s*** without punishment. It's the internet, people can take advantage and they could use it honestly. The internet is stupid anyhow, full of opinions and not much fact, so you can't believe ANYTHING you read.

As George Carlin would say, "People should question what they read."

They're liars. You can post anything on the internet, because no one knows who you are and you can get away with saying some stupid s*** without punishment. It's the internet, people can take advantage and they could use it honestly. The internet is stupid anyhow, full of opinions and not much fact, so you can't believe ANYTHING you read.

As George Carlin would say, "People should question what they read."

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x    OR   FliHi 3(19*) - Modus 125x

Edel SMS 4,5 SMS Pro 6-P - PX LS 6.5

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

KevinX,

It always amazes me how many golfers have never seen these long hitters ! I see them ALL the time

Perhaps, if you don't play in higher level events...

I think this part of your comment hits the nail on the head. I don't think the higher handicap golfers play in high-level tournament events where you will see these type of players who can really hit the ball. I basically play in some fun tournaments and am paired up with golfers my handicap or caliber, and I don't really see anybody hit at 300 yards. There are a couple golfers in myleague that can really pound the ball, and I know these golfers are out there in plenty. If the pros can hit at 300 yards so can anybody else if they practice at it.

>Mavrik Max 12.5* 

>Mavrik 16.5* 4w

>Mavrik Max 4, 5, 6, 7 hybrids

>7--SW Dynacraft Prophet Muscle Blade Irons

>MD5 Jaws 58* W grind LW

>Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Putter

KevinX,

Perhaps, if you don't play in higher level events...

I think this part of your comment hits the nail on the head. I don't think the higher handicap golfers play in high-level tournament events where you will see these type of players who can really hit the ball. I basically play in some fun tournaments and am paired up with golfers my handicap or caliber, and I don't really see anybody hit at 300 yards. There are a couple golfers in myleague that can really pound the ball, and I know these golfers are out there in plenty. If the pros can hit at 300 yards so can anybody else if they practice at it.

Myth based on zero facts.

You access to long hitters depends greatly on where you play. Some people will go through a lifetime of golf and never see a true long hitter whereas other see them daily.

Yup. LOL

See my post regarding one of my club member's Trackman yardages. And a 24 year-old amateur with only slightly less club/ball speed.

PING G400 Max - Atmos Tour Spec Red - 65s
Titleist TSi2 16.5* 4w - Tensei Blue - 65s

Titleist TSi2 3H (18*), 4H (21*) - Tensei Blue 65s
Adams Idea Tech V4 5H, 6H, 7H ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S; Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 46* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 50* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 full-sole 56* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 low-bounce 60* DG s400
PING Sigma 2 Valor 400 Counter-Balanced, 38"

Why is it no matter the topic most of the posters claim they hit 300 plus off the tee. I'm not saying they don't but here in the metro area of NY where their is way too many golfers I have only seen a hand full hit it 300 yards. No matter where I have played . How come on the forum everyone claims they play like a pro. I don't believe most of them

Your complaint reminds me of the last stanza of the poem Antigonish

Last night I saw upon the stair,

A little man who wasn't there,

He wasn't there again today

Oh, how I wish he'd go away

Honma Beres 10.5*
Jones/Ortiz 4 wood 17*
Adams Idea Black CB2 irons 26, 29, 33, 37, 41, 45*
Callaway MD3 S grind 52, 56, C grind 60, PM grind 64*
Tom Slighter Custom Needle 450g, 3* loft, 74* lie (2006)
Tom Slighter Needle 360g, 4* loft, 72* lie (2012, backup)

I have seen about 4- 300 yard players over the last 10 years.

A few years ago I played with a 20 something kid who crushed a drive 365 yards on a downhill par 5, got on in 2 and 4 putted. We all know the saying....

The other 2, one is a friend and the other my younger brother. They don't hit 300 all the time but every now and then they get one out there.

Last weekend played with a kid in his mid 20's who plays in my golf league who drives the ball between 285-300+ depending on the conditions. The last 2' of his downswing is incredible the power he generates through the ball.

When I was in my 20's if I hit a drive 230 that was great for me. Now at 47 I'm hitting the ball 250-265 due to technology.

Why is it no matter the topic most of the posters claim they hit 300 plus off the tee. I'm not saying they don't but here in the metro area of NY where their is way too many golfers I have only seen a hand full hit it 300 yards. No matter where I have played . How come on the forum everyone claims they play like a pro. I don't believe most of them

Every couple of weeks a post like yours pops up, but I rarely see anyone post about their driving distance. I would say posts like your far outweigh the posts claiming 300 yard drives.

Totally agree, think in all the time i've been on here i've seen maybe 2 to 3 posts that claim the magical 300

Think its a bit of a myth tbh

You access to long hitters depends greatly on where you play. Some people will go through a lifetime of golf and never see a true long hitter whereas other see them daily.

Yup. LOL

See my post regarding one of my club member's Trackman yardages. And a 24 year-old amateur with only slightly less club/ball speed.

That's true. I play often with few long hitters. One of them won Remax LDA Worlds about a decade ago. I'm not a long hitter, around 250 yards carry but I can play just fine. I enjoy playing with those guys though. It is awesome to witness whenever they produced a monstrous drive. Last week, a friend flew on a par 4 green during a cool and calm day. Lasered it at 345 yards.

Couple pictures that was done couple years ago at Titleist fitting days with their Trackman. Very strong and athletic guy. 2nd picture shows swing speed of 136.2 with ballspeed of 199 mph. Couple of those guys are members here but I rarely ever see them post. Smart guys knowing they'll get flamed.

62 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

Callaway Rogue Max LS 10.5 Ventus Red Velocore 6-S 

TSR2 10* Ventus Blue Velocore 6-S

Callaway Paradym TD 15* & AI Smoke TD 7 wood

Callaway Paradym 5-AW AMT Black S300

SM9 52* & 58*

Odyssey DART 47"

There are plenty of 15-20 caps that have the ability to hit it much further than some of the top guys on tour. I play with a brick layer whom I have seen drive a 375 yard par 4. He will also hit 95 percent of his drives off the planet and shoot 100-120. I never doubt anyone's claims on this forum. When I competed in long drive I witnessed plenty of freakish long drivers show up with 140 plus mph of club head speed.

I have also witnessed several people who are clueless as to what 300 yards looks like. After a long winter lay off my one friend told me our mutual friend must have taken lessons. Said he is mashing it over 300 on every drive. His 300 was more like 250-260. It also depends on the conditions. There are some people in dry climates that may be hitting it 250-260 and getting 40 plus yards of roll out. Hitting it long or having the ability to hit it hard does not translate to great scores.

Every couple of weeks a post like yours pops up, but I rarely see anyone post about their driving distance. I would say posts like your far outweigh the posts claiming 300 yard drives.

Totally agree, think in all the time i've been on here i've seen maybe 2 to 3 posts that claim the magical 300

Think its a bit of a myth tbh

You arent looking very hard. There are plenty of posts from people claiming to hit it that far. Its not "every" but it certaily isnt "2 or 3" by any stretch.