Your Longest Drive Ever...? (I know)

mhawk

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#12 at Hawk's Creek in Ft Worth. Downwind and caught the downhill side slope "speed slot" on the right hand side with a perfect draw. Hole measures 475. I had 65 yards left.

Flew it into the greenside bunker on 16 that day too. Hole measures 415 but is a slight dogleg right. Drive was all carry over water.

My longest would have been two summer ago. It was the 18th hole at Granite Springs, Par 5 468 yards, Elevated tee, helping wind, rock hard fairways and I just so happened to flush it. After my tee shot I had just a shade over 70y left to the green, and I missed it with a wedge haha. Definitely my personal best drive ever though :)

910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

A few yards over 300 would be my best guess,

I was playing a 400 yard par 4 at my home course, that is level for the first 250, and slightly down hill the rest of the way to the green. At the time there was a 20 ft tall maple tree 75 yards out directly in front of the tips tee box. ( Finally removed several years ago)

Anyhow I hit a slow riser that just cleared the maple, it felt sweet so I figured I'd have less than 150 to the green. As I was walking to my ball, two guys in a cart drove up to me and one asked "how does it feel to hit the ball over 300 yards?" I thought they were kidding, but I did find my ball in the middle of the fairway, 20 paces inside the 100 marker. Pretty sure I was hitting a 320 cc Orca Killer whale driver then. Maybe I should dig it out of the pole barn and start using it again, because 250 is long drive for me now.

GPS verified 359. Hot summer day, probably 20-30mph gusts behind me on an elevated tee.

Farthest under "normal" conditions is 310ish. Basically without any help that's where I top out.

LTDx LS 11.5* - Tensei White 65X

G430 Max 15* - Ping Chrome 75S

King Tec Hybrid 19* - MMT 80S

T150 4-PW - PX 6.5

SM8 50F, 54S, 60M

White Hot OG 7CH

406 yards on Roy Kizer Golf Course, hole 6. Playing downwind 13mph with crispy, dried-out February fairways, I destroyed one on line with the right side of the green, got a huge kick off a mound in the fairway, and ended up 23 feet from the cup.

The very next hole, also playing downwind, requires a 302 carry over water to reach the peninsula where the green sits another 45 yards up a small slope. My drive cleared the hazard, bounced just in front of the green, and proceeded to roll through everything, stopping at 383.

Other highlights include a 391 yard bullet on the 18th at Cedar Creek in San Antonio (got about 80 yards of roll), and a monstrous 394 on the 9th at Roy Kizer. I made bogey off both :russian_roulette:

Solid drives! Just to clarify, number 7 on Kizer doesn't "require" a 302 carry. It's a 302 carry if you don't want to play the ample fairway to the left of the hazard. I've played Kizer with sustained 30 mph many times. Not to diminish your accomplishment, but I'm curious if the there was a south wind that day. Incidentally my longest was on Kizer too, #17. Somehow got it down into the valley from the blues. There wasn't any wind to speak of and it carried about 270-75 and rolled maybe 40 yards or so. Usually I play driver, 6 iron or thereabouts and then lob wedge to the green. The one monster drive day, I played driver and 8-iron and made birdie. Interesting thing is, I was playing an old Rapture V2 with a regular flex and I was swinging easy that day because my driver was in a bad place at that time. I've tried many a time to replicate that swing, to no avail. Golf is funny like that. Normal drive for me is about 230-240 carry with 265-275 total (I hit it low).

One time on Roy Kizer in Austin I hit a hybrid on a 281-yard par 4 (#16) that gives everyone fits because the green is small and narrow from side to side and protected by a deep bunker in front and severe drop-off on back, left and right. I usually have a half wedge or so to the green when I hit hybrid. Wind was at my back, hit a low-medium bullet and got a nice roll to just short of the fringe. Totaled out at about 275; I'd say wind-adjusted about 255. Normally I hit the 3H about 225. If I could hit hybrid 255 regularly like that, I'd probably leave the driver and 3 wood at home most of the time.

• 3 weeks later...

There is a par 4 on hole number 2 on my home course, 348 yards from the blues, downhill. Short hole, if you hit driver you are probably going to bogey, anything right or left is absolutely dead because the green is narrow and long and the side slopes are absolutely brutal to pitch up from. Most of the time you kick either into the right sage brush or the left sage brush with the driver, but there is a small zone that will kick the ball towards the green. I was pin high on the fringe one day. That is the furthest drive that I've had that didn't take the neighborhood road route.

Ping G430 Max KaiLi White 60 Stiff (9 degree)
Cobra King RAD 3 Wood Fujikura Motore X F3 Stiff (14.5 degree setting)
Mizuno CLK Hybrid (19 and 22 degree, I swap them out depending on the wind in the parking lot)

Mizuno JPX-921 Hot Metal Pro 4-5 Irons - KBS Tour Regular Flex Steel Shafts

Mizuno JPX-921 Forged 6 Iron - G Wedge - KBS Tour Regular Flex Steel Shafts 
Titleist SM9 54 and 58 
Scotty Cameron Phantom X6 CS (34")

339 to win the long drive at a tournament. The best part of that one was that I hit my second to 3 feet and made eagle.

Titleist 915 D2 60gX Rogue Silver
Titleist 906F2 13* ProForce V2 90gX
Titleist 690mb 2-P 6.0PX
Titleist Vokey 52* and 58*
SeeMore FPG Putter

301 yards right down the middle at Edleweiess golf course in New Glarus Wi. Maybe 20 yards roll. I've never repeated that clubhead speed and contact since.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

Callaway 2007 X-Forged 5-PW/ PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 / Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2.5+ 

Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you must keep moving

Just had it... slight downwind Par 5, pushed the ball slightly off the tee. It caught the cart path once or twice and ended up out there at ~440y. Definitely the longest drive I've hit.

Longest drive without assistance like that was ~370y up north when the ground was a bit colder/harder. Carried it probably ~290-300y on a pure strike and it just bounded on down.

No idea what my longest is as I don’t keep a running count. Non-extreme variables under normalish conditions I hit one 415 last summer in our city championship. Guy in my group felt the need to GPS it for some reason. I had 115 in on a 540 yard par 5. Hit my 60* to 10ft and made eagle.

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x    OR   FliHi 3(19*) - Modus 125x

Edel SMS 4,5 SMS Pro 6-P - PX LS 6.5

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

• 2 weeks later...

Hole 4 at Desert Mountain's Outlaw Course in Scottsdale, AZ. The hole is a 510 yard par 4 from the back tee, plays downhill and is a slight dogleg left. Keep in mind it was mid summer, over 100 degrees, playing at 3000 feet of elevation, and the course played like a links course because it was not over-seeded this summer, and I had a 2-3 club wind at my back.

I drove it down the left side of the hole, I hit a provisional in case it went in the desert. There is a cart path down the left side. I searched for a few minutes, found a bunch of balls but not mine. I glanced towards the green and saw a ball (over 100 yards from where I am looking) but thought 'no way that's mine.' There also happens to be a wash (desert ditch that cuts across the hole) from about 60-80 yards from the green. I walked up to the ball, it was mine, with a nice cartpath mark on it.

It had managed to hit the path at least once, roll down the fairway, through a desert wash, and back into fairway about 40 yards off this 510 yard hole. The hole is probably more like 480 yards if you draw a straight line, so I will call it 440.

Too bad the pin was tucked behind a bunker and it was actually a tough chip... I managed to hit it to 20 feet and 2 putt.

Hole 4 at Desert Mountain's Outlaw Course in Scottsdale, AZ. The hole is a 510 yard par 4 from the back tee, plays downhill and is a slight dogleg left. Keep in mind it was mid summer, over 100 degrees, playing at 3000 feet of elevation, and the course played like a links course because it was not over-seeded this summer, and I had a 2-3 club wind at my back.

I drove it down the left side of the hole, I hit a provisional in case it went in the desert. There is a cart path down the left side. I searched for a few minutes, found a bunch of balls but not mine. I glanced towards the green and saw a ball (over 100 yards from where I am looking) but thought 'no way that's mine.' There also happens to be a wash (desert ditch that cuts across the hole) from about 60-80 yards from the green. I walked up to the ball, it was mine, with a nice cartpath mark on it.

It had managed to hit the path at least once, roll down the fairway, through a desert wash, and back into fairway about 40 yards off this 510 yard hole. The hole is probably more like 480 yards if you draw a straight line, so I will call it 440.

Too bad the pin was tucked behind a bunker and it was actually a tough chip... I managed to hit it to 20 feet and 2 putt.

I was just thinking how cool it would have been if you could have seen all the bounces, re-directions, ricochets, hops and rolls the ball took to get that far. I once had 260 to a par 5 and grabbed a 5 wood to lay up - I'm not a long hitter by any stretch and it was my reliable 220 club. There's a rise in the fairway so you can't see the green. When I came over it there was my ball on the green. I still don't have a clue how it got there.

I started playing golf at age 40 and was never a long hitter but was in Plano, Texas over 20 years ago (45-46 years old) and played a golf course that had a straight downhill fairway on a par 5. It had not rained in many weeks and the fairways were like concrete to the point that you were afraid to take a divot. On the tee I hit a line drive that probably carried 210-220 and rolled another 180 yards. I had a short iron to the green but plopped it into the many bunkers protecting it and butchered the rest of the hole for a double bogey. Under normal conditions it may have carried and rolled 230-240 but this was nuts. It was about 6PM and still 104F. It was about the time that I realized that I was a golf fanatic playing in those conditions.

I can remember a couple drives that got over 225, man i flushed those drives.

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth HL 17 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 
TM P790 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 105
TM MG 3 Black 50 Nippon Modus Tour WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 54 Nippon Pro WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 58 Nippon Pro Modus 105 T
TM TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3

• 2 weeks later...

424 yards!

Was on vacation, played at Chardonnay Golf Club in Canyon, CA, drive occurred on the 9th hole.

Very small draw down right side of fairway, bounced and kept on tumbling. Hit LW (60°) into the green. Was thinking nothing but albatross and proceeded to shove the LW out to the right trying to squeeze every yard out of it. Two putt birdie.

During a round (not at the range or Long Drive) at age 26, flat, straight, no wind, was using an SMT 455 Deep Bore with a Fujikura 952 I believe and a Pinnacle Gold ball. I don't know how, but I managed to hit it over the green of a 390 yard par 4 into the trees behind... in the air. Sounds like pure crap I know, but this really did happen. Not sure what the final distance was or would have been with roll, but it was definitely my longest drive ever.