How much are your monthly CC fees?

180k initiation, 18k in dues. Lots of people have said it before, but you'll never be able to justify the cost for just golf. You pay for the atmosphere, to be around like minded people that care for the property, because it is a big investment...for use only in winter time. But the friendliness and knowledge of the staff and conditions of the course, are second to none. I wish I would have been a part of a club a lot sooner.

'

let me get this straight... this is for winter only?

Yep. Club opens officially around thanksgiving (it's open at beginning of November) usually cleared out by 1st of May. Lots of clubs are seasonal only, as I am sure most are already aware.

Wow, I didn't know this. Having only lived in TN, NC and briefly in KY the only clubs I've ever been a part of were year round. I can understand up north where it's too cold to play during winter, but is it too hot to play year round in FL?

My guess is the membership is mostly snowbirds so there isnt enough use during the summer to justify staying open.

You're correct mostly snowbirds, there's just not enough to justify staying open through the summer. Plus it gives golf operations and maintenance time to renovate as necessary without having to worry about golfers or members

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$285 a month. Top 5 course in my state. This is the Young executive membership for under 35. Includes access to all club facilities (golf course, practice facility, par 3 course, fishing ponds, walking trails, tennis, croquet lawn, sport court) there is a $50/ mo f&b minimum. Carts, bag storage and handicap services are included.

Lots of rich people here. My CC twilight membership is $2000/yr, and I can barely afford that. Two 18s, twilight member get out 1hr before public twilight, no cart fees, full range, pools, game room, and 20% off pro shop sales.

All of us here are rich compared to someone, somewhere.

Which is why these “how much do you pay” threads are silly.

Lots of rich people here. My CC twilight membership is $2000/yr, and I can barely afford that. Two 18s, twilight member get out 1hr before public twilight, no cart fees, full range, pools, game room, and 20% off pro shop sales.

All of us here are rich compared to someone, somewhere.

Which is why these “how much do you pay” threads are silly.

I don't know if they are all silly. Folks can have a legit reason, like getting readings on the norm or median, or the range of prices and services, etc..

I don't think it's a silly thread at all. It's interesting to get a comparison how much golf costs in different parts of the country. I learned a few things, such as how some clubs are only open during the winter. Yes, all of us are rich compared to someone, somewhere, so it's all relative anyway. The median income for a family of four is about $52k, so spending $2000/year on golf would be less than 5% of income spent. Not too bad, but with all the other bills piling up it may seem out of reach (or impracticle) for most people. I guess it just depends on how you want to spend your disposable income. Most average American families would be considered rich compared with over 90% of the rest of the world, so spending over $5000 a year on golf would be considered rich to almost anyone, but still could be considered small change to the top 1%. It's all relative, but interesting topic. I don't look at or even have any awareness with the elite clubs in my area. I'll never consider joining them so why look? But it's interesting to hear now and then how much they cost. It could be an eye opening for others. They could say, "Hey l didn't know about this course down the street. I could be paying less than half what I'm paying now and this sounds like a good place to play!"

I don't think it's a silly thread at all. It's interesting to get a comparison how much golf costs in different parts of the country. I learned a few things, such as how some clubs are only open during the winter. Yes, all of us are rich compared to someone, somewhere, so it's all relative anyway. The median income for a family of four is about $52k, so spending $2000/year on golf would be less than 5% of income spent. Not too bad, but with all the other bills piling up it may seem out of reach (or impracticle) for most people. I guess it just depends on how you want to spend your disposable income. Most average American families would be considered rich compared with over 90% of the rest of the world, so spending over $5000 a year on golf would be considered rich to almost anyone, but still could be considered small change to the top 1%. It's all relative, but interesting topic. I don't look at or even have any awareness with the elite clubs in my area. I'll never consider joining them so why look? But it's interesting to hear now and then how much they cost. It could be an eye opening for others. They could say, "Hey l didn't know about this course down the street. I could be paying less than half what I'm paying now and this sounds like a good place to play!"

By my count more than 25 responses have said how much their club costs but only 8 of those mention anything about where they are located.

The cost of belonging to a fully private club varies by two orders of magnitude, depending on location. And that's not even talking about the lower cost options other than fully private. If you don't know where it's located and you don't know what kind of club, it's silly to even be talking about price.

Overland Park, Kansas (Kansas City Suburb).

18-hole ClubCorp course that hosts the local Web.com event.

Also has pool and tennis which I've never used.

Under 40: $3,000 initiation, $432 dues after tax, no F&B minimum.

$600 yearly golf services fee for range, club storage, locker, and GHIN.

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

The median income for a family of four is about $52k, so spending $2000/year on golf would be less than 5% of income spent.

Except that those median income numbers are pre-tax dollars and what you spend on golf is post-tax. Also, depending on area $2k a year won't necessarily go very far. You could play 1 round a week on a mid-tier courses and hit 2k here. Double that number and you're approaching a Jr/Jr Exec membership cost in the Phoenix area at a mid-tier club (closer to $5k/year, average monthly bill around 450-500). And Phoenix really isn't a high cost metro. There are much worse.

$187.50 a month for a 27 hole facility well ranked. Decent range, and cart for the season included. No bar/food minimum.

Club storage would be an extra 50 for the year however I don't use this.

Shareholder rate, $2500 for the share. All prices Canadian.

Mind you, this is for a a max season of 6 - 6 1/2 months.

Callaway Epic Speed M10 Smoke
Taylor Made SIM 3W Titanium Diamana Limited
Taylor Made SIM 5W Titanium Diamana Limited
Taylor Made GAPR HI KBS 4,5,
HONMA TW747P 6-11 Vizard 85g
Cleveland 56* Smoke RTX Zipcore DG Spinner
Lajosi 808 Damascus, Callaway S2H2 Tuttle
Seed 01, Maxfli Tour

• 2 weeks later...

$0...work pays for my membership. If I did pay: $5,000 one time initiation, $7,200/yr family golf membership (no cart) and $800/yr food minimum. I live in the snowy northeast and the club is open year round but the course is only open late April to mid November. The membership includes tee times, golf simulator, indoor/outdoor pools, indoor/outdoor tennis courts, squash and racquet ball courts and gym. And the clubhouse dining/bar area is nice and a great place to relax after a round.

I only picked up golf a few years ago because of this benefit provided to me. I felt like it was a waste to not use the beautiful course because my family only really cared about access to the indoor and outdoor pools.

We're only open for 7 months, so monthly it's about $1100 CDN or $870 USD. This is because we are inside the GTA .. Greater Toronto area

Includes range, lockers and club storage. There is no gym or pool. We do have a steam room, sauna and hot tub (have not used any of them in 13 years there)

Add cart fees on, you can buy a pass for the season for $1k

Part of this fee gets me a second home club (Clublink) in cottage country 100 minutes North of the city and another $450 fee gets me onto all USA Clubcorp courses

F&B mins of $3,000 ... which can include alcohol

Solid track, less than 5 mins from the house

Initiation is down to approx $30k. Was as high as $80k at one point

I hear the prices in Scotland, Ireland and Australia, New Zealand and it makes me cry

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 3w 15.1* GD AD IZ 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x 

Ping G425 4h 22* Blueboard HY 80x

Ping i210 6i & s55 7i - PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*ES, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

Another issue to keep in mind is that some clubs are NO TIPPING clubs, but ask for a communal 200-250 tip around the end of the year to distribute however they do. It could be the higher end clubs perhaps, but this helps take away the awkwardness of not always have a few bucks on you everytime someone helps you. FYI my typical tips for services in the past have been:

order food / drinks at the bar/halfway house- 1 dollar up to 10 bucks.... 2 dollars over 10

caddie - go with standard tip at all courses where I ask the caddie master or director of golf

cart girl - just round up to nearest 5 dollars usually and politely say. "remember this group" :)

club wipe down at end of round- 5 bucks for both clubs in cart and answer the obligatory question of: "how did you guys hit em out there?" with a quick 5 bucks to be left alone as I usually don't hit em that well...haha

locker room attendant 5 bucks for myself as some of these guys really hustle and shine your shoes/provide drinks in locker room ect.

Treat your staff well and your staff will not only appreicate you personally, but feel more valued and increase their self esteem to have a happier life with their family. I look at it as paying it forward because I will sometimes overtip particularly around the holidays.

México City.

$6,000.00 USD a year per family.

(Down here there are no individual memberships)

+

$1,000.00 USD a year minimum consumption in restaurants.

The club also has tennis courts, pool, gym, 4-5 restaurants, etc.

The course is always in pristine conditions and you can play all year long. (40+ maintenance employees only to take care of the course)

All the clubs in the Mexico City area have similar monthly fees.

The principal difference between them are initiation fees.

($10,000.00 USD - $350,000.00 USD)

México City.

The principal difference between them are initiation fees.

($10,000.00 USD - $350,000.00 USD)

Did you type that correctly? $350k???? What club is that?

I was more amazed at the 40 on the grounds crew.

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

• 2 weeks later...

CC in Far North Dallas. 18 holes, great practice facility, no pool, no F&B, but 18% grat is included in all F+B purchases. Dues are $395 a month / $17 for cart per 18 holes, initiation fee was $2K. Monthly bill is always different depending on carts vs walking. In the summer its hard to walk in the summer afternoon / nights.

Our dues are $640 a month, but we might have the largest club in America and it is always hopping year round. We have 2 18 hole courses, outdoor and indoor pools, bowling alley (duckpins) and a nice health club but you pay extra for that. My bar bill runs well over $600/mo excluding dinning,. It's well worth it though.

Ahhh...Congressional! You forgot to mention the hotel rooms for out of town guests!

man if that is indeed Congo, then it's cheaper....better word..lower than what i expected, Of course the initiation fee is big and sponsors are another thing, but 650 compared to not so known courses charging 1k per month plus...you take Congressional. ..always.

Big facilities in major cities can (and do) handle far more members than the average club. Big membership numbers enables lower dues; lower dues enables more people to be willing to join and hold their membership with relatively little usage - which means you can handle even more members.

You didn't, but here goes...too many members if you ask me. Very rigid guest policy, as well. Tee times during peak season are hard to come by even with two (2) courses.

TBM

TBM

Depends on your choices for golf, your income, your expenses, your subjective valuation of how you use your leisure time and how your value all that goes into golf and where you play it - what other people pay per month doesn't enter into it at all if you are rational. Completely irrelevant.

It's relevant enough to garner

a response by dozens of wrx'rs so I guess it is kind of relevant.

$0...work pays for my membership. If I did pay: $5,000 one time initiation, $7,200/yr family golf membership (no cart) and $800/yr food minimum. I live in the snowy northeast and the club is open year round but the course is only open late April to mid November. The membership includes tee times, golf simulator, indoor/outdoor pools, indoor/outdoor tennis courts, squash and racquet ball courts and gym. And the clubhouse dining/bar area is nice and a great place to relax after a round.

I only picked up golf a few years ago because of this benefit provided to me. I felt like it was a waste to not use the beautiful course because my family only really cared about access to the indoor and outdoor pools.

I have been pricing out private clubs with the intention of joining one day.

Can you pm me what course you belong too?

A ridiculous amount that isn’t worth sharing but I will say that I have paid less than $200 in cart fees in the last 5 years at my clubs. I only take a cart when I’m bringing guests that might have trouble keeping pace. At this point in my life it is almost hard to enjoy golf if I take a cart. Almost. Let me age 5 more years of grumpiness and it likely will be. I can think of at least 8 free rounds I’ve turned down this year at high end places because I knew I’d have to take a cart instead of walking due to the people I’d be playing with.

Diamante is fantastic. Played both the tiger woods course and love course there last time. I've never been a love course fan but, his job there was hands down incredible although windy as hell when we played.