Aldila SYNERGY TOUR BLACK.....The Low Spin King. Trackman Data Inside.

TollBros

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally tested mine last night, tipped 1", on a deflection board it's just outside of X stiff (spot on TX), but plays soooo much smoother than I expected. I was averaging 123 SS and 174 Ball Speed which was almost identical to my T1100. I did see about a 150RPM (negligible) increase in spin, and slightly highly launch. But I am very satisfied with the Synergy, after playing the T1100 for 8 months I almost forgot just how stiff and bad feeling it is. Keeping my spin as low as I did (~2300RPM) while playing a shaft in a completely different league feel wise relative to the T1100 was something I never imagined. Can't wait to put it in the F8+.

That feedback makes us very happy. It's so rewarding when we are able to provide product that our customers absolutely love.

This particular profile is a tour only Proto. It is far too low spin to release as a retail shaft. I've assured we will be getting the Proto ultra low spin profile again. The technology in this shaft obviously works but this profile is NOT for everyone. It's far too low spin for 95% of all golfers and much better suited for Tour players. Now saying that, for those of us that need spin reduction at an extreme, this is "the one". I'm sure smoothing out the profile for an eventual retail release is the smart move and I'm sure the shaft will still be low spin and produce some good speed. It just won't be THIS iteration of mega low spin. I'm quite sure we will carry those as well, however I only have 50 of the 75's coming and 35 of them are gone already on pre sale.

I have a 65TX that I'm looking to get rid of. Tipped 1/2" and plays right 45.25" in Taylormade. I'd love to pull the adapter and keep it but we can discuss.

I'll also consider trades for the 75TX.

Shoot me a message

Titleist TSR2 - TPT Nitro 16lo
Taylormade SIM Ti 3w - Tensei 1k Black 85tx
Taylormade SIM Ti 5w - Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Cobra Tec Hybrid 2 - Kai'li 90tx

Cobra Tec Hybrid 4 - Aldila Tour Black 105tx
Srixon ZX5/ZX& Mkii 5-PW - Project X 6.5

Callaway Jaws Raw 50s, 54s, 58z - BGT ZNE 130

Putter - LAB something or another

Finally played a round with the Synergy 70TX. Paired this with an Epon 105. 45.25" which is too long for me. Shaft feels good. Rubbery and smooth. I like the feel more than the 2013 Diamana X, which feels kind of dull. Launch is a solid mid. Spin seems quite low. Ball seems to roll A LOT. Distance was very good. VERY good. Dispersion was good but not amazing. Tough to judge compared to my Diamana X (extremely tight dispersion) though, because I'm playing this .75" longer.

One thing I noticed is that Mitsubishi shafts all seem to feel rigid from butt to tip, which I really like. They feel very easy to control. Conversely, Aldila shafts seem to feel stiff in the butt and stiff in the midsection, but whippy in the bottom 1/3 of the shaft. They feel a little tougher to control, FOR ME. I tipped this shaft 1 inch and I still found it too whippy. I'm definitely going to tip it another inch and tighten things up.

Too early to make a final decision (need more rounds and need to tip it and shorten it to 44.5") but initial impressions are that it's VERY long and rolls an absolute ton. Absolutely no ballooning whatsoever.

Finally played a round with the Synergy 70TX. Paired this with an Epon 105. 45.25" which is too long for me. Shaft feels good. Rubbery and smooth. I like the feel more than the 2013 Diamana X, which feels kind of dull. Launch is a solid mid. Spin seems quite low. Ball seems to roll A LOT. Distance was very good. VERY good. Dispersion was good but not amazing. Tough to judge compared to my Diamana X (extremely tight dispersion) though, because I'm playing this .75" longer.

One thing I noticed is that Mitsubishi shafts all seem to feel rigid from butt to tip, which I really like. They feel very easy to control. Conversely, Aldila shafts seem to feel stiff in the butt and stiff in the midsection, but whippy in the bottom 1/3 of the shaft. They feel a little tougher to control, FOR ME. I tipped this shaft 1 inch and I still found it too whippy. I'm definitely going to tip it another inch and tighten things up.

Too early to make a final decision (need more rounds and need to tip it and shorten it to 44.5") but initial impressions are that it's VERY long and rolls an absolute ton. Absolutely no ballooning whatsoever.

Tipped 2 inches. You're a beast! In all seriousness, it definitely is the lowest spinning shaft out there, and thankfully does retain some feel and feedback as well.

Did the KK still feel the best? thanks..good stuff!

Overall I would say the DCXT is still probably the smoothest of the three. None are what I would call excessively firm feeling, and all have some life to them, but the DCXT has a pretty unique feel where it's smooth when you swing easy and firmer the harder you swing. The Synergy is a little like that, but nothing quite captures that as well as the DCXT.

I can't imagine replacing mine for that reason...but money no object I would love to try.

"We have learned that we must
live as men, not as ostriches, nor
as dogs in the manger." FDR

Overall I would say the DCXT is still probably the smoothest of the three. None are what I would call excessively firm feeling, and all have some life to them, but the DCXT has a pretty unique feel where it's smooth when you swing easy and firmer the harder you swing. The Synergy is a little like that, but nothing quite captures that as well as the DCXT.

I can't imagine replacing mine for that reason...but money no object I would love to try.

Dual Core XT is one of my top 3 favorite driver shafts. If the Synergy didn't exist, that's what I would be playing, and was playing before it.

I was told the DC XT will be released this Spring in Stiff flex. Have you heard anything JT?

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

Dual Core XT is one of my top 3 favorite driver shafts. If the Synergy didn't exist, that's what I would be playing, and was playing before it.

What's your third favorite?

Going to guess Pro Orange

You guessed right.

So I broke my speeder 757evo ts x the other day and need a replacement.

Question is IF I can find the synergy to try what weight would be most comparable?

The more likely option will be a KKDC as I can find them for sale, again which weight option 70 or 80 will be most similar?

75. We still have a few pre order spots on the next batch of 75 if you want in.

You guessed right.

So I broke my speeder 757evo ts x the other day and need a replacement.

Question is IF I can find the synergy to try what weight would be most comparable?

The more likely option will be a KKDC as I can find them for sale, again which weight option 70 or 80 will be most similar?

75. We still have a few pre order spots on the next batch of 75 if you want in.

Speaking of which..Do you have an ETA yet on these things?

I see the numbers I'm wondering how much better this can be than the dual core. I love the feel of the dual core so much I'm hesitant to switch to a totally different shaft even though the numbers support it. I could honestly use a little more launch and thats what gets me excited about this shaft.

It's definitely not as "responsive" as the KK DC XT TX. But it does not spin, and wants to go straight.

I see the numbers I'm wondering how much better this can be than the dual core. I love the feel of the dual core so much I'm hesitant to switch to a totally different shaft even though the numbers support it. I could honestly use a little more launch and thats what gets me excited about this shaft.

It's definitely not as "responsive" as the KK DC XT TX. But it does not spin, and wants to go straight.

I agree. It's not quite as smooth as Dual Core XT but it's nothing like a t1100 in terms of lifelessness. Synergy definitely isn't harsh feeling by any means.

I agree. It's not quite as smooth as Dual Core XT but it's nothing like a t1100 in terms of lifelessness. Synergy definitely isn't harsh feeling by any means.

the only way i describe it to people is a firmer, more direct type feedback. the shaft on the whole is smooth -- but the feedback given at impact is such that you know where you hit it on the club.

PING G430 LST / 9* (dialed to 10.5*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Dark Speed LS / 3w (dialed to 15.5*) / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

We call that a linear load pattern. Basically meaning that the shaft feels like it loads uniformly as one piece. Where some shafts feel loose in the butt or tip or even have a pronounced area of the shaft that kicks. Synergy loads like a single powerful, linear unit that releases it's energy uniformly.

i leave for pinehurst in a few weeks -- can't wait to see some grass and put this thing to work again!

PING G430 LST / 9* (dialed to 10.5*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Dark Speed LS / 3w (dialed to 15.5*) / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”