Bitcoin / Crypto (merged)

McCann1

Crazy to think of the jump it's made since this thread was started.

Taylormade M2 10.5° [color=#0000ff]Graphite Design AD-BB 7x[/color]
Titleist 913 FD 15° [color=#a9a9a9]Diamana 'Ahina 70x[/color]
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron [color=#a9a9a9]Accra 110i[/color]
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW [color=#0000ff]Project X 6.0[/color]
Vokey [color=#000000]Jet Black [/color]SM7 52° 56° 60° [color=#000000]S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx[/color]
Scotty Cameron Newport [color=#daa520]Teryllium[/color] Sole Stamp

Really wish i didn't sell off all my coins

Oh yikes sorry dude. One golfwrx like = one respect.

Vokey [color=#000000]Jet Black [/color]SM7 52° 56° 60° [color=#000000]S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx[/color]

• 2 weeks later...

Bitcoin has now hit $16,000 and climbing. Litecoin and Ethereum are following that trend

Almost crossed the $20,000 threshold today. Going to be interesting to see what happens Sunday when Bitcoin Options Trading is introduced

Bitcoin has now hit $16,000 and climbing. Litecoin and Ethereum are following that trend

Almost crossed the $20,000 threshold today. Going to be interesting to see what happens Sunday when Bitcoin Options Trading is introduced

This really is the wild Wild West, isn't it? I mean, when this tanks, it's going to tank hard. Options and derivatives will just accelerate the process.

Note, I get why it's going up in value, but there's some animal spirits involved now.

EDIT: I'd add that Ethereum and Litecoin have leveled off relative to Bitcoin. Bitcoin is up 70% in the last week while Ethereum is down 1% and Litecoin is up "only" 10%. There's a message here but not sure what exactly. I guess these were designed for different reasons, and Bitcoin has more name recognition.

Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013

This really is the wild Wild West, isn't it? I mean, when this tanks, it's going to tank hard. Options and derivatives will just accelerate the process.

Note, I get why it's going up in value, but there's some animal spirits involved now.

EDIT: I'd add that Ethereum and Litecoin have leveled off relative to Bitcoin. Bitcoin is up 70% in the last week while Ethereum is down 1% and Litecoin is up "only" 10%. There's a message here but not sure what exactly. I guess these were designed for different reasons, and Bitcoin has more name recognition.

Yeah It's really just a bet at this point. It's being held up on stilts.There's no telling what it's going to be next week let alone the next day. The lightning transfer's do show some promising technology but that catalyst alone shouldn't be enough for this meteoric rise over the last couple days.

Bitcoin has more value in countries with strict governments, currency that isn’t valuable, trustworthy etc. Litecoin is essentially the same but a smaller scale. They’re hoping in the future if cryptocurrencies make it you would pay for say your electricity bill with 2 litecoins instead of .0085 bitcoin.

Bitcoin was the first of its kind, but it’s rise in price is based on speculation and no real life value.

Ethereum is supposed to be used for contracts between people. AI determines if the contract has been fulfilled and then awards the coins. Contract not fulfilled, no access to the money.

At the end of the day all of these were made to sort of decentralize money. I can make a transaction with somebody in South Korea without paying fees. It’s just 2 people with no interference. Some say it’s great, others have used it for bad things. It’s still early to say if it’s useful or not.

I was actually about to post a topic on this. In March of this year my brother told me to put some money into bitcoin. I literally cringed when I spent around 4000 on 3 coins. I have never seen anything like this and keep looking at my wallet in amazement. I am tempted to cash out but have seen numerous predictions that this will eventually go to 20, 50, 100k and even a million. Does anyone have an opinion on what to do at this point.

I was actually about to post a topic on this. In March of this year my brother told me to put some money into bitcoin. I literally cringed when I spent around 4000 on 3 coins. I have never seen anything like this and keep looking at my wallet in amazement. I am tempted to cash out but have seen numerous predictions that this will eventually go to 20, 50, 100k and even a million. Does anyone have an opinion on what to do at this point.

i am by no means an expert on this but with all the travel i do for golf i have a lot of free time. Which i spent researching this. It’s the riskiest investment you can really make, besides backing a professional golfer ;). I advised a friend to buy 50k last year and i don’t know if he still has it but if he does. It is worth about 1,012,500. I would suggest leaving most of your bitcoins and hedge it with some litecoin. When bitcoin corrects, litecoin usually surges. Since cryptocurrencies are so volatile i would honestly withdraw your initial investment so you’re playing with house money so to speak

i am by no means an expert on this but with all the travel i do for golf i have a lot of free time. Which i spent researching this. It’s the riskiest investment you can really make, besides backing a professional golfer ;). I advised a friend to buy 50k last year and i don’t know if he still has it but if he does. It is worth about 1,012,500. I would suggest leaving most of your bitcoins and hedge it with some litecoin. When bitcoin corrects, litecoin usually surges. Since cryptocurrencies are so volatile i would honestly withdraw your initial investment so you’re playing with house money so to speak

Yeah, I'd definitely pull your initial funds off the table. The rest is house money. Then you have to decide how much extra you want to pull out to help sleep better at night.

The thing that concerns me is that if we see a significant sell event, sites like Coinbase might not be able to handle the traffic, which could exacerbate things further.

i am by no means an expert on this but with all the travel i do for golf i have a lot of free time. Which i spent researching this. It's the riskiest investment you can really make, besides backing a professional golfer ;). I advised a friend to buy 50k last year and i don't know if he still has it but if he does. It is worth about 1,012,500. I would suggest leaving most of your bitcoins and hedge it with some litecoin. When bitcoin corrects, litecoin usually surges. Since cryptocurrencies are so volatile i would honestly withdraw your initial investment so you're playing with house money so to speak

Yeah, I'd definitely pull your initial funds off the table. The rest is house money. Then you have to decide how much extra you want to pull out to help sleep better at night.

The thing that concerns me is that if we see a significant sell event, sites like Coinbase might not be able to handle the traffic, which could exacerbate things further.

I initially had all my crypto in coinbase but it had froze during peak trading activities. I had it in Kraken and dealt with the same issues. I just recently moved it to Gemini.... I was worried that if bitcoin started to collapse I would not be able to get into my account and sell.

i am by no means an expert on this but with all the travel i do for golf i have a lot of free time. Which i spent researching this. It's the riskiest investment you can really make, besides backing a professional golfer ;). I advised a friend to buy 50k last year and i don't know if he still has it but if he does. It is worth about 1,012,500. I would suggest leaving most of your bitcoins and hedge it with some litecoin. When bitcoin corrects, litecoin usually surges. Since cryptocurrencies are so volatile i would honestly withdraw your initial investment so you're playing with house money so to speak

I initially had all my crypto in coinbase but it had froze during peak trading activities. I had it in Kraken and dealt with the same issues. I just recently moved it to Gemini.... I was worried that if bitcoin started to collapse I would not be able to get into my account and sell.

you need to get your money off of the exchange. If hackers get access to your info it’s all gone. I suggest an offline wallet. I use Exodus and highly recommend it. Even better is the ledger nano s. It’s a usb wallet

not a chance i'm selling now....expect volatility. it could go up again or it might drop 50% in the next month. set your sights on end of 2018 and beyond. don't let the day to day week to week fluctuations affect you. sounds like you were an early adopter compared to most. if needed, move some bitcoin into few other alts and lock it up in a wallet.

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 

not a chance i'm selling now....expect volatility. it could go up again or it might drop 50% in the next month. set your sights on end of 2018 and beyond. don't let the day to day week to week fluctuations affect you. sounds like you were an early adopter compared to most. if needed, move some bitcoin into few other alts and lock it up in a wallet.

HODL!!

Validation of blockchain, but potential competition>

https://futurism.com...cryptocurrency/

The digital coin, which they are calling the “utility settlement coin,” was developed back in 2015 by financial services firm UBS, and its purpose is to enable the clearing and settling of transactions worldwide over a blockchain. The six new banks — Barclays, Credit Suisse, Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, HSBC, MUFG, and State Street — join UBS, BNY Mellon, and several others already on the project.

https://www.coindesk.com/citigroup-ceo-bitcoin-threat-will-give-rise-to-state-cryptocurrencies/

Citigroup CEO Michael Corbat has predicted that state-sponsored digital currencies will arise from the threat posed by bitcoin.

In an interview with Bloomberg at a summit in New York yesterday, Corbat said that cryptocurrencies represent a "real enough threat" to the financial system, and that governments wont take the disruption of their capabilities around data, tax collection, money laundering and know-your-customer (KYC) "lightly."

The digital coin, which they are calling the “utility settlement coin,” was developed back in 2015 by financial services firm UBS, and its purpose is to enable the clearing and settling of transactions worldwide over a blockchain. The six new banks — Barclays, Credit Suisse, Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, HSBC, MUFG, and State Street — join UBS, BNY Mellon, and several others already on the project.

https://www.coindesk.com/citigroup-ceo-bitcoin-threat-will-give-rise-to-state-cryptocurrencies/

Citigroup CEO Michael Corbat has predicted that state-sponsored digital currencies will arise from the threat posed by bitcoin.

In an interview with Bloomberg at a summit in New York yesterday, Corbat said that cryptocurrencies represent a "real enough threat" to the financial system, and that governments wont take the disruption of their capabilities around data, tax collection, money laundering and know-your-customer (KYC) "lightly."

Blockchain is here to stay. BTC has lead the way but it's not a valid long term investment. Good on those guys who got rich by investing early on BTC and cashed out.

My money is on the banks utilising blockchain in the future. Amex has just signed up for something similar

Titleist 905R - 10.5°
Titleist 904f - 17°/22°
Mizuno MP32 - 4-PW
Cleveland 588 Forged 50°/54°/60°
Wilson Staff 8882

Blockchain is here to stay. BTC has lead the way but it's not a valid long term investment. Good on those guys who got rich by investing early on BTC and cashed out.

My money is on the banks utilising blockchain in the future. Amex has just signed up for something similar

I agree 100%. Block chain is like the internet circa 1995 and bitcoin is like a dial up modem with AOL or Compuserve from back then. Initially both made sense from an investment standpoint, but only one is really here to stay IMO. Still, it's kind of interesting to watch.

Ethereum and Litecoin made big jumps today. So did Blockchain stocks Mara and Riot. Each stock up over 40% today

Can't believe the jump Litecoin took yesterday. I make bi-weekly deposits into my crypto wallet. Was planning on getting some Litecoin on friday, looks like I missed the boat. Oh well guess I can just avg up on some BTC. Maybe start the ETH train?

Ethereum and Litecoin made big jumps today. So did Blockchain stocks Mara and Riot. Each stock up over 40% today

Can't believe the jump Litecoin took yesterday. I make bi-weekly deposits into my crypto wallet. Was planning on getting some Litecoin on friday, looks like I missed the boat. Oh well guess I can just avg up on some BTC. Maybe start the ETH train?

I’ve got about 75% of my portfolio in litecoin. Purchased some ETH at 480 and jumped like crazy the next morning

I've got about 75% of my portfolio in litecoin. Purchased some ETH at 480 and jumped like crazy the next morning

Made the dive into ETH. Happy I did. Can someone explain the differences in laymans terms of BTC to ETH to LTC?

Thoughts on the recent crash? Many are saying it's a good thing and an opportunity to buy at a discount.

I bought Bitcoin and Ethereum a couple months ago and Litecoin just a week ago.

I want to "be greedy when others are fearful" and buy in these next few days, however I'm concerned at the lack of intrinsic value and application.

My thoughts are that if you want to, buy in with money you expect to potentially lose and can very comfortably afford to lose. And do so in case theories of Bitcoin going to $100k+ turn out to be true.

In other words, FOMO (fear of missing out) Investing

Thoughts on the recent crash? Many are saying it's a good thing and an opportunity to buy at a discount.

I bought Bitcoin and Ethereum a couple months ago and Litecoin just a week ago.

I want to "be greedy when others are fearful" and buy in these next few days, however I'm concerned at the lack of intrinsic value and application.

My thoughts are that if you want to, buy in with money you expect to potentially lose and can very comfortably afford to lose. And do so in case theories of Bitcoin going to $100k+ turn out to be true.

In other words, FOMO (fear of missing out) Investing

I was happy with the schenanegans today. I needed more ETH and happened to buy at the low today. With the 100s of billions pouring into crypto, it’s here to stay.