Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

What's In The Bag... For Now.

2»

Comments

• dxdgenertdxdgenert Dirtiest player in the game Minnesota 1654Members Posts: 1,654
    The head on my R9 Supertri TP cracked and TaylorMade was gracious enough to send out an R11S TP as a warranty replacement. Thank you!
    Posted:
    PING G400 MAX w/ Alta CB
    Cobra KING F7 fairway w/ Fujikura Pro 65
    Cobra KING F7 hybrid w/ Fujikura Pro 75H
    PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
    PXG 0211 5-PW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
    Cleveland CBX 52* w/ Rotex Graphite
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe Bigfoot 58* w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
    SeeMore PTM 1
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • dxdgenertdxdgenert Dirtiest player in the game Minnesota 1654Members Posts: 1,654
    Decided that this crazy game is hard enough... No use in adding to the difficulty by playing a "player's cavity-back". I picked up a like-new set of PING G15's (4-UW). I 'm getting rid of the Renegar 48 and 52 degree wedges but keeping the 56 and 60. This should be a fun season, it has been years since I've had new irons.
    Posted:
    PING G400 MAX w/ Alta CB
    SeeMore PTM 1
    Switched the Renegar wedges out of the bag in favor of PING Eye2 XG's. To me, the feel is better with the steel shafts and my proximity to the hole has improved.

I settled on a PING Redwood D66 once the belly putter started giving me fits.

Finally, I gave up on the TaylorMade Rescue 11 and the trouble it caused. Picked up a PING G15 Hybrid from a fellow WRX'er and, so far, so good. Much easier to hit and it seems like it will be a bit longer, as well.
    Posted:
    PING G400 MAX w/ Alta CB
    SeeMore PTM 1
    A ho's gotta ho. I just finished the most massive equipment overhaul ever: 14 clubs, ball and bag. I haven't been playing as much, due to two daughters and just had the desire to hit the reset button on my game. 2018 will be a recommitment to my game and I wanted a fresh start. In all, the new setup only cost $650 for brand new (2 demos) clubs. To say that I am excited would be an understatement.
    Posted:
    PING G400 MAX w/ Alta CB
    SeeMore PTM 1

Switching out the Cobra F7 for a PING G400 Max driver. The putter is a revolving door but I'm going to give the Wilson Milled 8802 an honest try.

Posted:
    PING G400 MAX w/ Alta CB
    SeeMore PTM 1

Shot a personal best 79 last month (Breaking 80!) so it seemed like a good time to switch out my clubs... Dumb.
    Alas, a ho is gonna ho. Got fit for PXG 0211 5-GW in the Mitsubishi MMT 80 stiff shafts and found a local deal that I couldn't refuse 5-PW. That created some gapping issues that my current wedges couldn't fill so I am picking up a Cleveland CBX 52* in graphite to match up better with the 0211's and a new TaylorMade Hi-Toe Bigfoot 58*. The three wedge setup creates the correct gaps, for me, and it keeps thing simpler. Hopefully, the Bigfoot lives up to the hype. Photos ASAP.

Posted:
    PING G400 MAX w/ Alta CB
    SeeMore PTM 1
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • ingyingy  45Members Posts: 45

79 is good shooting!
    i tried a couple of those hi-toe wedges and just couldn't get used to the look of them, but use whatever works

Posted:
  • cj4501cj4501  758Members Posts: 758

@dxdgenert said:
    Shot a personal best 79 last month (Breaking 80!) so it seemed like a good time to switch out my clubs... Dumb.
    Alas, a ho is gonna ho. Got fit for PXG 0211 5-GW in the Mitsubishi MMT 80 stiff shafts and found a local deal that I couldn't refuse 5-PW. That created some gapping issues that my current wedges couldn't fill so I am picking up a Cleveland CBX 52* in graphite to match up better with the 0211's and a new TaylorMade Hi-Toe Bigfoot 58*. The three wedge setup creates the correct gaps, for me, and it keeps thing simpler. Hopefully, the Bigfoot lives up to the hype. Photos ASAP.

Ordered my big foot today. What u think of it?

Posted:

@cj4501 said:

@dxdgenert said:

Ordered my big foot today. What u think of it?

It is going to take some getting used to. It is stupid simple on square face shots. However, it isn’t going to be a club you can get cute with. Bunker shots with a square face feels very unusual to me so it will take another round or two. Greenside pitches and chips are easy and predictable. Full shots spin well but not a crazy amount and carry a shade longer than my Wilson PMP. Feel is great. In all, I need more time but initial impression is good.

Posted:
    PING G400 MAX w/ Alta CB
    SeeMore PTM 1
  • chafitachafita  89Members Posts: 89

@dxdgenert said:

Nice updates over the years! Also grats on the 79!

Where do you think you picked up strokes? Off the tee, approach, short game, putting, course management, etc?

Posted:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file