Green Grass Evaluations - Please Resolve

t4t3r

For what it’s worth, JT sold me a shaft recently and sent the wrong weight.

I personally am not offended by anything JT wrote here but as i said I’m not one to expect companies to bend over backwards. Seems to me this thread was far premature since they have been in constant contact.

So now we have two instances where this company screwed up. Could be more.

OP made the thread because he WAS NOT in constant contact about a tracking number, basically being told by "JT" sorry, not my job.

They oversold an item, charged him anyway, shipped the wrong item. Did not refund him. He shipped incorrect item back on his own dime and got the run around for almost a month.

However stressful, busy, hectic, slower than normal response times are during the holidays, there is no excuse for treating a customer like that.

How about the company employees treating a customer like garbage?!?

If I managed those two employees (yes, I do manage employees), I would coach them on appropriate customer interactions or ask them to resign. In my opinion, the responses from TollBros(?) were so poor that I, personally, would never purchase anything from this company. Right or wrong, that is how I feel. There are far too many competitors out there, battling for sales, to get belittled and treated poorly.

Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
Callaway Mavrik 3 hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 75
PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 5-7 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 8-GW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 54 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 60 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 

For what it⤙s worth, JT sold me a shaft recently and sent the wrong weight.

I personally am not offended by anything JT wrote here but as i said I⤙m not one to expect companies to bend over backwards. Seems to me this thread was far premature since they have been in constant contact.

So now we have two instances where this company screwed up. Could be more.

OP made the thread because he WAS NOT in constant contact about a tracking number, basically being told by "JT" sorry, not my job.

They oversold an item, charged him anyway, shipped the wrong item. Did not refund him. He shipped incorrect item back on his own dime and got the run around for almost a month.

However stressful, busy, hectic, slower than normal response times are during the holidays, there is no excuse for treating a customer like that.

How about the company employees treating a customer like garbage. If I managed those two, (yes, I do manage employees) I would coach them on appropriate customer interactions or ask them to resign. In my opinion, the responses from TollBros(?) was so poor that I, personally, would never purchase anything from this company. Right or wrong, that is how I feel. There are far too competitors out there to get belittled and treated poorly.

I agree, I will not purchase from them as well which is quite coincidental as I was going to send a PM on a Tensei for my M2 LIFT

Taylormade SIM2 MAX 9* AutoFlex 505xx 

Taylormade SIM 5 RIP X 85TX

Srixon ZX 20* Recoil 95X

Srixon ZX5 4-6 DGTI X100

Srixon ZX7 7-PW DGTI X100
Taylormade MG2 TW 52/56/60 S400 TI
Kevin Burns 9305LN LAGP One35

We just live in a world of make it right and make it right right now. In a few days everyone will be happy and the pitchforks will be out for no reason. Hey did that dude get his shafts back for his miura heads? That’s a guy I could call pose as an IRS collection agency and make a quick G.

1. Sent him the wrong item

2. Strung him along for a couple weeks+ saying the correct item was shipped but couldn't provide a tracking number

3. Publically complained about losing money on the transaction even though they admittedly sent the wrong item in the first place

4. Gave dismissive replies to OP insuiting that he was in the wrong--they've been in "consistent communication"--apparently that's all that matters? You don't have to solve the problem, just be in communication.

5. Apparently finally, actually shipped out the hopefully correct item this afternoon

But you're right, no reason to be upset. OP is asking too much to get the item he ordered Nov. 21 corrected one month later.

GGE and TollBros are both members that how they posted in this topic. And yes you can leave non-BST feedback as providing a link to the transaction is not required to complete feedback. Give it a try!

Say what you like about my position on this matter. I look at the totality of the situation and the OP is getting the shaft he wants in the end. Sounds like he was always getting the shaft he wanted he just needed a tracking number that worked to feel comfortable that he wasn't getting screwed. I have no idea if the shaft is a rare animal which is why it took more time to source because that detail was never provided. Nevertheless, the OP used this site to sound an alarm to report a problem but in my eyes there really wasn't a problem other than a tracking number that worked. It's not like weeks went by with no communication. Just seems like a whole lot of drama for a seemingly positive outcome. But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong....

But, they aren't just "members". As soon as that red "sponsor" label was placed in their personal information space, they lost the right to post as anonymous members without their business being scrutinized. Also, the issue some here have isn't that the OP will or will not eventually receive the shaft- there's no doubt he will, or be reimbursed if he decides at some point it's not worth the waiting and headache anymore. The issue is the way one of those sponsors representatives treated an unhappy customer. Shifting goalposts doesn't erase why so many have taken issue with this thread. It's easy to miss what the issue is, though, when you are too close to the situation to see it without tinted lenses.

I think I'll just sit the rest of this one out as I've spoken my peace, agree or disagree. Merry Christmas everyone.

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

GGE and TollBros are both members that how they posted in this topic. And yes you can leave non-BST feedback as providing a link to the transaction is not required to complete feedback. Give it a try!

Say what you like about my position on this matter. I look at the totality of the situation and the OP is getting the shaft he wants in the end. Sounds like he was always getting the shaft he wanted he just needed a tracking number that worked to feel comfortable that he wasn't getting screwed. I have no idea if the shaft is a rare animal which is why it took more time to source because that detail was never provided. Nevertheless, the OP used this site to sound an alarm to report a problem but in my eyes there really wasn't a problem other than a tracking number that worked. It's not like weeks went by with no communication. Just seems like a whole lot of drama for a seemingly positive outcome. But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong....

You’ve already admitted that you just want to go play with their toys, your opinion it much to biased to take seriously on this matter.

910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

Is Green Grass Evaluations a retail store? They don't build shafts but test them and then sell the test shafts? I'm just confused as to what kind of business this is.

From what I have pieced together they are a two-part outfit. JT does all the testing with the other workers who are gorillas with human names (seriously like 7/8 of them have swing speeds well over 120mph). They hit all the "hot, new" shafts and generate buzz about them here. It's interesting reading their posts, early this year the Mitsubishi Kuro Kage DC XT Proto was the hottest thing ever that couldn't be beat, then the Tensei Orange V2 was the best, then the Tensei Pro Orange was the best, then it was some sort of Aldila Copperhead thing, and now it's the Aldila Synergy (which might be the Copperhead, I don't know). Personal opinion here, but I will NEVER take anything seriously that claims "THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER" every two months, when coincidentally, they just so happen to have that best thing ever new, and in stock, ready to ship at $350+ all you have to do is press that little PayPal button. It comes across really disingenuous to me; but again, this IS JUST MY OPINION and I have no way of knowing what the motivations of this company or testing facility actually are.

They then have a secondary part, which I didn't know existed, that I guess sells the shafts and/or does club repair/upgrade work.

• Like 1

Taylormade R510TP - Speeder 757 Sonartec NP-99 14* and 17* - NV Green 85 Nickent Genex 3DX 21* - Dynamic Gold SL Titleist 660 4-P - Dynamic Gold Cleveland 54* and 59* - Dynamic Gold Scotty Cameron Teryllium

Is Green Grass Evaluations a retail store? They don't build shafts but test them and then sell the test shafts? I'm just confused as to what kind of business this is.

From what I have pieced together they are a two-part outfit. JT does all the testing with the other workers who are gorillas with human names (seriously like 7/8 of them have swing speeds well over 120mph). They hit all the "hot, new" shafts and generate buzz about them here. It's interesting reading their posts, early this year the Mitsubishi Kuro Kage DC XT Proto was the hottest thing ever that couldn't be beat, then the Tensei Orange V2 was the best, then the Tensei Pro Orange was the best, then it was some sort of Aldila Copperhead thing, and now it's the Aldila Synergy (which might be the Copperhead, I don't know). Personal opinion here, but I will NEVER take anything seriously that claims "THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER" every two months, when coincidentally, they just so happen to have that best thing ever new, and in stock, ready to ship at $350+ all you have to do is press that little PayPal button. It comes across really disingenuous to me; but again, this IS JUST MY OPINION and I have no way of knowing what the motivations of this company or testing facility actually are.

They then have a secondary part, which I didn't know existed, that I guess sells the shafts and/or does club repair/upgrade work.

THIS IS THE BEST POST EVER!

#subscribed

From what I have pieced together they are a two-part outfit. JT does all the testing with the other workers who are gorillas with human names (seriously like 7/8 of them have swing speeds well over 120mph). They hit all the "hot, new" shafts and generate buzz about them here. It's interesting reading their posts, early this year the Mitsubishi Kuro Kage DC XT Proto was the hottest thing ever that couldn't be beat, then the Tensei Orange V2 was the best, then the Tensei Pro Orange was the best, then it was some sort of Aldila Copperhead thing, and now it's the Aldila Synergy (which might be the Copperhead, I don't know). Personal opinion here, but I will NEVER take anything seriously that claims "THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER" every two months, when coincidentally, they just so happen to have that best thing ever new, and in stock, ready to ship at $350+ all you have to do is press that little PayPal button. It comes across really disingenuous to me; but again, this IS JUST MY OPINION and I have no way of knowing what the motivations of this company or testing facility actually are. They then have a secondary part, which I didn't know existed, that I guess sells the shafts and/or does club repair/upgrade work.

You can always question the marketing tactics and watch the thread get deleted only to get reposted hours later...seen that happen a few times. ;) It's one thing to make the claims, it's another when you make the claims but aren't knowledgeable enough to back them up so you have mods delete just to turn around a repost it later. That happens too.

2024 Building In-progress

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)
Qi10 Tour 3W with shaft TBD
Callaway UW 17* with shaft TBD

Titleist TS2 19* Hybrid at 20* w/ PX Evenflow Blue 85 6.0

4-PW Srixon ZX7s w/ DG AMT White S300s
MG2 TW Grind 56/60 at 54/58
Spider Tour X3

Good luck to all of you trashing a site sponsor, that's a one-way ticket to suspension/banishment

• AI Smoke 🔷🔷🔷10.5* Denali Black 60 6.5
  • TM M5 Tour 18.25* - Tensei AV White 2.0 TX
  • TM Stealth 7w 21* - Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 8s
  • Srixon ZX Utility 23* MMT 105TX HS
  • Srixon ZX7 5-Aw PX LZ 6.5 SS
  • Mizuno T7 55* - PX LZ 6.5
  • TM MG4 60* SBC - DG TI S400
  • Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 2024
  • Tour B XS

Good luck to all of you trashing a site sponsor, that's a one-way ticket to suspension/banishment

They pay to sponsor the site in order to advertise. That's doesn't make them invulnerable to criticism, or at least it shouldn't, and from what dcMidnight posted earlier in this thread that still seems to be the case. If you consider that "trashing", I would call that a little extreme, but that is only your opinion vs mine.

Qi10 Core Head 9* w/ AD-DI 6S  (I heart you AD DI and will never sway from you again)

Spider Tour X3

They pay to sponsor the site in order to advertise. That's doesn't make them invulnerable to criticism, or at least it shouldn't, and from what dcMidnight posted earlier in this thread that still seems to be the case. If you consider that "trashing", I would call that a little extreme, but that is only your opinion vs mine.

Not my opinion at all. I've been suspended for saying far less when a "green hand grenade" was a sponsor here.
  • AI Smoke 🔷🔷🔷10.5* Denali Black 60 6.5
  • TM M5 Tour 18.25* - Tensei AV White 2.0 TX
  • TM Stealth 7w 21* - Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 8s
  • Srixon ZX Utility 23* MMT 105TX HS
  • Srixon ZX7 5-Aw PX LZ 6.5 SS
  • Mizuno T7 55* - PX LZ 6.5
  • TM MG4 60* SBC - DG TI S400
  • Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 2024
  • Tour B XS

I don’t like (insert any sponsor here), banish me bro. Every person trying to make money on this site has a marketing tactic of some sort which is alright. It is also alright to agree or disagree with said marketing tactics. The world turns unless you’re one of those flat earthers, if so good luck to you with all that.

Every person trying to make money on this site has a marketing tactic of some sort which is alright. It is also alright to agree or disagree with said marketing tactics.

100% agree.

Spider Tour X3

I deal with the the public every single day. You may have 10,000 customers that are extremely satisfied, but you make 1 upset or have something go wrong, that is out of your control and the internet gives them their box to stand on and tell everyone how you have wronged them. I’m not saying who is right or wrong, but clearly there are more professional ways to handle a situation like this. If I were Toll Bros, right or wrong, I would feel like the one who got the short end of the stick here, in the end. He was trying to right his wrong here and just got hung out to dry . Classless to try and get something handled like this

Spot on. Research shows that customers first look at negative reviews before making decisions.

My bag:

Titleist 917D3 w/ Tour AD BB S
Titleist 917 13.5
Miura 202 3-p NS pro S Pured
Mirua Wedge 53 and 58
Scotty Cameron 2.6/California

At least from what I've seen overall, at least this doesn't seem to happen too often here thankfully. Over at hackerparadise, it's funny to see how two to three of the main folks with the site hyping something and going on and on about how great it is and then after a short while the process repeats with a different club

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately the replacement I received was incorrect (purchased as an untipped shaft, arrived as being tipped 1/2"). I have sent a few PMs and emails last week with no response, but wanted to wait a few more days (with the holidays back-to-back weeks) to re-open the thread.

I can certainly understand the opinion that "it's just 1/2," you won't notice a difference," but given the design of the profile and posts from knowledgeable people about playability after tipping this specific shaft, I think that's a poor option for me. Aside from that, it's simply not what I ordered.

I am not supposed to post in this topic, via orders from my boss, but since we are closed for the evening until tomorrow and Keith won't see this until tomorrow, I'll address it.

I would also like to clarify, I run the test range and take online orders, that's it. I am not in charge of club building, shipping, or anything of the sort, and being closed, I don't have any information on the backside of this transaction. I am just the most recognizable voice for the company, so I will take the whipping that we deserve on this one. Obviously this transaction has cost everyone time and frustration, and I think I can speak for Keith in taking over this that I've asked Ed to send the OP his money back, plus an extra $35 to deal with return shipping and the 30 min or so of his day that it will take to do this. Time is money, and I don't expect his to be free. Obviously with the holiday and black Friday rush, we screwed this one up, and it's embarassing on all levels. I'm quite sure we will have an employee meeting about it and it won't be a pleasant one I'm sure.

--Ed has informed me that refund of the amount I requested has been sent, and hopefully replying against a direct order in this thread doesn't get me fired.

Actually, JT, and thanks for linking me. The customer did PM me while we were closed for the holidays. I did not see the PM until today. And while yes, I told you not to respond in the thread, I understand you did so to protect the company.

As to the customer, we are humiliated by this entire transaction. It has been poorly handled on our end, and is clearly not representative of our normal business. I sincerely apologize, and we have refunded, as well as time compensated. That, however is not the end of this story. I feel we need to extend and go above and beyond on this one, and have reached out to the buyer to attempt to make amends for our incompetence. One screw up in a busy time is unfortunate, but can be understood. The screw up on the second product, which should have been a high priority item is inexcusable. As JT said, we deserve the beating on this one, and as the company owner, I will take it. We have tarnished a sterling reputation with lack of attention and incompetence. It pains me to see things like this happen, and yes we will be having a company meeting about it tomorrow. At this point, we have refunded the customer, as well as financially compensated him for his time. I will follow up with him privately to see what we can do to make him happy beyond that.

Tread lightly in that meeting Keith, seems the room will be full of 7-8 human gorillas! As a pretty physically unimposing human with a high swing speed, I find that comment pretty funny. My boss does call me "The Gorilla" or "Silverback" if he's trying to be nice. Mainly because he was pretty in awe of me mashing golf balls way far OB the one time I played golf with him. It was one of those days that I'd imagine most long hitters have at least on occasion. I was 75+ yards ahead of him all day. Unfortunately I was also 75 yards left and alternately right of him too.

This has been an entertaining read. I'm not going to bash on anyone, but I've certainly formed some opinions that I'll keep to myself. I will congratulate the OP for keeping his cool after a couple responses to him. I'd have a hard time not being pretty nasty if I'd have just spent more on a shaft than I'd ever spent on an entire driver and been responded to in the same way initially. Seems like amends have been at least attempted in the aftermath so I'm pretty much Switzerland, but very entertained.

So I'll wish all parties a happy new year and hope that the gorillas don't take to bad of a beating tomorrow.

Sincerely,

Harambe

Tread lightly in that meeting Keith, seems the room will be full of 7-8 human gorillas! As a pretty physically unimposing human with a high swing speed, I find that comment pretty funny. My boss does call me "The Gorilla" or "Silverback" if he's trying to be nice. Mainly because he was pretty in awe of me mashing golf balls way far OB the one time I played golf with him. It was one of those days that I'd imagine most long hitters have at least on occasion. I was 75+ yards ahead of him all day. Unfortunately I was also 75 yards left and alternately right of him too.

This has been an entertaining read. I'm not going to bash on anyone, but I've certainly formed some opinions that I'll keep to myself. I will congratulate the OP for keeping his cool after a couple responses to him. I'd have a hard time not being pretty nasty if I'd have just spent more on a shaft than I'd ever spent on an entire driver and been responded to in the same way initially. Seems like amends have been at least attempted in the aftermath so I'm pretty much Switzerland, but very entertained.

So I'll wish all parties a happy new year and hope that the gorillas don't take to bad of a beating tomorrow.

Sincerely,

Harambe

RIP Harambe, hope that afterlife is chill to the max...

#wangsoutforharambe

Sincerely,

Harambe

JT is not allowed to comment here further, but just know he's a fantastic young man who, in truth probably has too much on his plate and got too defensive. His defense is just out of love for the job and company that he puts his heart and soul in. That being said, more professionalism is mandatory and I can assure you that nothing of this nature will happen again. He made some mistakes in his dialog, which I will not allow him to edit or delete in this thread, for the sake of teaching humility. It's a humbling learning experience for a good kid who got a little overzealous. We make mistakes, suffer the consequences, and we learn from them. I've spoken with the buyer personally and we have a nice dialog going. This situation is just two good guys who happened to get a bit upset. One warranted, the other not as much, but again, mistakes were made, and we will strive to correct and not repeat them. As the owner of GGE, I take full responsibility for making sure this is a one time situation.