What is your "superscore" at your course?

LeftyLuck

On my home course of the past 10 years, a par 70, it's 47 (-23). 5 eagles, 13 birdies

For the par 36 nine hole course on which I grew up playing, it's 19 (-17). Aces on both the par 3s, eagles on all but one of the other holes. Still hoping to eagle that remaining hole (400yd par 4), but I only play there once or twice a year now, so it's unlikely to happen.

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 9.0, Ventus Black 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.5 70g, 42.5"

TaylorMade P790 3 (2021), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG4 50, 54 - DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T - DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

My WITB Post

daaaaamn we have some real shiver me timber players here. Best I can throw out here is a bird on every hole on a par 70.

A bit of luck involved though: for example for me, two hole outs from the fairway and an ace.

Oh Sean quit bein' modest. Iv'e seen ya play. As they say @ Fenway park ya got the moves.

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

28 under.

4 par 5 eagles

4 birdies on par 3's (no aces!!)

8 par 4 eagles (longest hole-out was 210).

Course was 6,580, par 72, 72.0/132.

PING G400 Max - Atmos Tour Spec Red - 65s
Titleist TSi2 16.5* 4w - Tensei Blue - 65s

Titleist TSi2 3H (18*), 4H (21*) - Tensei Blue 65s
Adams Idea Tech V4 5H, 6H, 7H ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S; Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 46* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 50* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 full-sole 56* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 low-bounce 60* DG s400
PING Sigma 2 Valor 400 Counter-Balanced, 38"

Either we have a lot of monster hitters here or we have a bunch of short par 5's. That's a lot of par 5 eagles I keep seeing. I've been as low as a 2 handicap and can only remember 1-2 eagles in my 8 years of playing.

And eagles on par 4's? Dang, either guys are smashing the ball 350 yards a pop, the par 4's are under 300 or people are super accurate with approaches. I've driven 1 par 4 (birdie) in 8 years and never had a hole out for an eagle.

I have had 2 aces though.

Either we have a lot of monster hitters here or we have a bunch of short par 5's. That's a lot of par 5 eagles I keep seeing. I've been as low as a 2 handicap and can only remember 1-2 eagles in my 8 years of playing.

And eagles on par 4's? Dang, either guys are smashing the ball 350 yards a pop, the par 4's are under 300 or people are super accurate with approaches. I've driven 1 par 4 (birdie) in 8 years and never had a hole out for an eagle.

For me it’s just sheer number of rounds played and accurate approach shots. I’ve also got the advantage of a low ball flight so my ball tends to release more than most peoples, giving it a higher % chance of getting lucky and going in. I’ve had an albatross and 3 HIO in the last 2 seasons. None of my par 4 eagles are <90 yard approach shots.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

50 (-22) Par 72 @ Fort Washington CC over a few hundred rounds

1. Albatross 2

2. Birdie 3

3. Birdie 2

4. Birdie 3

5. Birdie 3

6. Birdie 3

7. Birdie 2

8. Birdie 3

9. Eagle 3

10. Birdie 3

11. Birdie 2

12. Birdie 4

13. Birdie 3

14. Birdie 3

15. Birdie 3

16. Birdie 4

17. Ace 1

18. Birdie 3

58 (-14) Par 72 @ Torrey South (~50 rounds played)

1. Birdie 3

2. Birdie 3

3. Birdie 2

4. Par 4

5. Birdie 3

6. Birdie 4

7. Par 4

8. Par 3

9. Eagle 3

10. Birdie 3

11. Birdie 2

12. Par 4

13. Birdie 4

14. Par 4

15. Birdie 3

16. Par 3

17. Birdie 3

18. Eagle 3

Torrey score may be +/- 1

For me it's just sheer number of rounds played and accurate approach shots. I've also got the advantage of a low ball flight so my ball tends to release more than most peoples, giving it a higher % chance of getting lucky and going in. I've had an albatross and 3 HIO in the last 2 seasons. None of my par 4 eagles are <90 yard approach shots.

Agreed. When you have logged a few hundred rounds at a course, you get some lucky shots. It's pretty cool to look back on the aggregation of those shots through the years.

Career Best Ball - that is what I have always called it.

Didn't know other golfers kept track of such things. I actually have a scorecard for each of the three courses I have played a lot since retiring 8 years ago where I keep the "best ball" for each hole. It is really a joy everytime that I can come home and mark a new score. Last time was a hole out from 141 yds on the number 2 handicap hole for an eagle - made my day for sure.

I play 200+ rounds/year and usually between 6000-6600 yds. Although turned 72 recently so thinking of playing some rounds from the forward tees - that might allow me to reach a couple of the par 5's that are out of my current range.

-24 on par 72 (Avery Ranch - 3 par 5's - one of which I have yet to eagle)

-24 on par 72 (Shadowglen - only ace was here)

-22 on par 72 (Teravista - don't play this one nearly as often)

Tour Edge Exotics C721 driver, Integra 45g L flex shaft
BombTech 2 HW 16*

BombTech 5 W
TM Sim2 19* hybrid
Maltby KE4 Max 5 - PW, Recoil Dart 65 A flex shaft
Maltby TSW-KRM 50*/54* wedges, Recoil 75 R flex/spinner shaft
Bettinardi Studio Stock #5 putter

Career Best Ball - that is what I have always called it.

Didn't know other golfers kept track of such things. I actually have a scorecard for each of the three courses I have played a lot since retiring 8 years ago where I keep the "best ball" for each hole. It is really a joy everytime that I can come home and mark a new score. Last time was a hole out from 141 yds on the number 2 handicap hole for an eagle - made my day for sure.

I play 200+ rounds/year and usually between 6000-6600 yds. Although turned 72 recently so thinking of playing some rounds from the forward tees - that might allow me to reach a couple of the par 5's that are out of my current range.

-24 on par 72 (Avery Ranch - 3 par 5's - one of which I have yet to eagle)

-24 on par 72 (Shadowglen - only ace was here)

-22 on par 72 (Teravista - don't play this one nearly as often)

Completely unrelated,

How does a St. Louis Cardinal fan find himself in Texas?

Usually just lurk in these threads but it is kind of fun to think about and since I went to the effort of adding it up..

-24 at current home course I have been at for 3 years, but there was a course that I not only helped build, but went on to be a member at for another 10+ years that a -32(40) would be career best ball. 12 eagles, a double, and 5 birdies. I would guess I have played the course north of 1000 times.

For me it's just sheer number of rounds played and accurate approach shots. I've also got the advantage of a low ball flight so my ball tends to release more than most peoples, giving it a higher % chance of getting lucky and going in. I've had an albatross and 3 HIO in the last 2 seasons. None of my par 4 eagles are <90 yard approach shots.

Plus youre a plus 6 handicap. Not seen that since Sergio turned pro.

It says .6 (Point 6) Still outstanding though.

oh right, thanks. We would write that as 0.6

Is that what my profile says? Most definitely not the case!

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

oh right, thanks. We would write that as 0.6

Sorry, I forgot the Plus

It says Plus Point 6

On the course I grew up on I'm -27 for a score 44. Course is a par 71 and 6,600 yards. 1 double eagle, 3 hole-in-ones, 4 eagles and the rest birdies.

TaylorMade Stealth 2 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Black 6X
TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus 3 Wood Fujikura Ventus Black 7X
TaylorMade P790 UDI 2 Iron HZRDUS Black 6.5

TaylorMade P790 3 Iron Dynamic Gold X100

TaylorMade P770 4 Iron Dynamic Gold X100
TaylorMade P7MC 5-PW Dynamic Gold X100
TaylorMade MG Raw 52 & Hi-Toe 3 Raw 58 Dynamic Gold TI S400
TaylorMade Spider X Hydro Blast Slant Neck
Taylormade TP5x

If you took the best score you ever made from each hole on the same course,what would your score be at the end of the round?

Mine would be a 65(-5). I know, weak, but that is mine.

53 par is 71

This number is definitely not indicative of my skill level, but I’ve birdied almost every hole and had one lone eagle ever.

Dang, your superscore would be hard to top. I'm a member of my home course for 19 years and I just calculated my superscore to be -33 under par. Likewise, nearly all of my par 4 eagles has released forward into the hole. I'm a lowballer too. :-)

62 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

Callaway Rogue Max LS 10.5 Ventus Red Velocore 6-S 

TSR2 10* Ventus Blue Velocore 6-S

Callaway Paradym TD 15* & AI Smoke TD 7 wood

Callaway Paradym 5-AW AMT Black S300

SM9 52* & 58*

Odyssey DART 47"

Geez I thought my -18 was pretty good. Some of you guys have done some real damage out there lol!

Ping G430 Max 9* Kai’li white 60

Callaway Paradym 15*
Titleist TSR2 21* hybrid Atmos blue
Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 5-P

Titleist SM9 48*
Titleist SM7 54* & 58* Slate Blue
Ping Ketch/SC Select Newport II Midslant

Course 1: -21 (51)

• Eagles: 3 (3/4 par 5s)
  • Birdies: 15

Course 2: -22 (49)

• Eagles: 4 (2/3 par 5s and 2 par 4s)
  • Birdies: 14

Callaway Fusion 9º •• Matrix 75M4 X
TM 2016 M2 3HL 16.5º •• Aldila NV 2KXV Orange 65X
Callaway Apex 20º •• PX Evenflow Black 80HY X
Adams CMB 24º–46º •• DG TI S400
TM MG 50º •• PX LZ 5.5
TM MG 54º •• DG S200
Mizuno T20 60º/06º •• DG S400
Toulon Atlanta 35"

I am not 100% sure - but I believe my career ringer score is 43 on a par 72. I am not counting one par 4 hole-out for eagle as I think it was in a scramble (off of my tee ball). Most of the rounds were played at around 6500 prior to 2007. Since then, at 6900. My handicap has been, for the most part, plus or scratch for 25 years. I have eagled all the 5's numerous times, have one hole in one, and numerous par 4 eagles. (Like I assume others here have done - I have numerous holes with very near misses, including for double eagle and aces on the other 3's) It's largely about skill and opportunities. If you play a lot at the same course for years - and are a decent player - you should have a good score.

"Ringer" Event:

Back in the 90's we had a season long event - a ringer format - where members, for a small fee ($5 or $10) recorded their birdies or better on a sheet in the pro shop. It was limited to weekend rounds to keep it somewhat fair in regards to opportunities. The first member to birdie all the holes won the money. Anyway, my club is going to bring this back for the coming 2018 season. But it will be limited to 8 or 10 weekend tournament rounds (only). They will pay low gross and low net scores for the season. Using the GHIN tournament scoring program Golf Genius / TPP (Golf Genius is an updated TPP) makes it easy as it calculates the scores for you. All you have to do is enter hole by hole scores for those specific rounds in the program and select those rounds for the season long competition. Consider it for your club. Should be interesting. I was fortunate to win the old one numerous times. But securing the last one can be difficult.

Happy New year to all!

MM

Titleist TSR4 9.5, Oban Devotion 6, 05 flex 65g
TM M4 Tour 3W, Oban Devotion 7, 05 flex 75g
TM R15 TP #3 (19*), Fujikura Speeder 869 X
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-PW, KBS C-Taper X
Mizuno JPX 919 Forged GW, KBS C-Taper X
Vokey Wedges - SM8 56.12 & 60.08 S400
Newport 2.5